March 29, 2024, 04:51:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 262666 times)
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #380 on: November 06, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »

These are great Klaas!
This is my fav!   

I like this one too Nana!  ::MonkeyWink::It looks like he's call for Kyron. 

wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #381 on: November 06, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »

TIME CHANGE THIS SUNDAY AT 2AM - FALL BACK TO 1AM
Oh goody - I get to work an extra hour tonight! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: November 06, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »

Hi wantky!  I see you found Musings, LOL.

Yeah, I can't wait to change the clocks.  I hate it when it's so dark in the morning. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #383 on: November 06, 2010, 03:54:45 PM »

Yeah, I can't wait to change the clocks.  I hate it when it's so dark in the morning. 

I LOVE it when the clocks change in the Fall!! My Mom refused to observe the time change in the Spring for years. She always said, "Who do they think they are? They can't change time!!"   

I love the monkey pics, Klaas!! I've captured some of them for folks needing to get dressed!   
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #384 on: November 06, 2010, 04:45:33 PM »

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/19-iconic-products-that-america-doesn%27t-make-anymore-535569.html?tickers=f,ge,mat,DELL,MOT,aapl,bni

19 Iconic Products That America Doesn't Make Anymore
Posted Nov 04, 2010 08:00am EDT by Anika Anand and Gus Lubin in Investing, Products and Trends, Recession
Related: f, ge, mat, DELL, MOT, aapl, bni

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #385 on: November 06, 2010, 09:11:38 PM »

Yeah, thanks Klaas, I had no idea this thread was here! I need do need to look around more! We have some gifted comics here for sure!

wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #386 on: November 06, 2010, 09:38:11 PM »

We have a kind monkey from OR, Wantkyhome, who visits Kyron's Wall of Hope regularly and is willing to take monkey messages for those of us that
would like to leave a message.

Klaas made a thread for this purpose.

Thank you Can! an angelic monkey
I hope everyone can give me a message for the wall. I will laminate it before I attach it to the wall. The family loves the prayers, especially. I've taken a few poems there too. I know they appreciate anything we do for them. I've spoken to Kaine, Desiree and Kaine's mother. They all expressed how they feel about the outpouring of love and prayers they have received! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: November 07, 2010, 09:17:47 AM »

There is always hope!

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/content.php?webid=profile_lekelund

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/07/calif-mother-ids-missing-daughters-bracelet/?test=latestnews

Calif. Mother I.D.'s Missing Daughter's Bracelet

Published November 07, 2010 | Associated Press

FULLERTON, Calif. -- The mother of a Southern California woman who vanished almost 10 years ago said Saturday a bracelet found on recently unearthed remains belonged to her daughter.

Nancy Ekelund of Fullerton told The Associated Press that she had met with a coroner's investigator and instantly recognized the gold-link bracelet she had given as a present to her daughter Lynsie Ekelund, a 20-year old Fullerton College student who disappeared in 2001.

((snipped))
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #388 on: November 07, 2010, 12:32:46 PM »

This article made my heart happy!
Not for the loss, but for the support!

Supporters Block Funeral Protest in Weston

WESTON, MO. —
People in Weston, Missouri banded together on Saturday. They wanted to protect loved ones who were saying goodbye to a fallen soldier. They stood up to members of the Westboro Baptist Church who planned to protest at Sgt. First Class C.J. Sadell's funeral.

Weston has less than 2,000 residents, but hundreds of people showed up to support the family of First Sgt. Sadell.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-cjsadell-funeral-westboro-church-protest-110610,0,3649584.story?hpt=T2

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: November 07, 2010, 02:53:55 PM »

WESTON, MO. —
People in Weston, Missouri banded together on Saturday. They wanted to protect loved ones who were saying goodbye to a fallen soldier. They stood up to members of the Westboro Baptist Church who planned to protest at Sgt. First Class C.J. Sadell's funeral.

Weston has less than 2,000 residents, but hundreds of people showed up to support the family of First Sgt. Sadell.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-cjsadell-funeral-westboro-church-protest-110610,0,3649584.story?hpt=T2
Three cheers for the people of Weston, Mo and deepest sympathy and gratitude to the family and friends of Sgt.1st Class C.J. Sadell

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: November 07, 2010, 02:57:06 PM »

WESTON, MO. —

Three cheers for the people of Weston, Mo and deepest sympathy and gratitude to the family and friends of Sgt.1st Class C.J. Sadell

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #391 on: November 08, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »

Someone sent me these pictures of a home in Tacoma, WA. Oh how I wish my yard would look half this good. Notice a lot of the flowers are in pots.

Front yard

Back yard

2 4 1
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: November 09, 2010, 02:12:41 PM »

After watching the interview with Matt Lauer and President Bush last night I thought others might be interested in his interview schedule....although I am no fan of Matt Lauer he did a better than usual job....

I am trying my best NOT to make this a political post....just an informative one....DAMN THAT'S DIFFICULT!   
President George W. Bush's Decision Points Interview Schedule
by George W. Bush on Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 9:18am

President George W. Bush’s Decision Points Interview Schedule

Monday, November 8
8:00 pm EST
Matt Lauer
NBC

Tuesday, November 9
Judy Keen
USA Today

James Harding
Times of London

Check listings for time

Oprah Winfrey*
Local Affiliate
1:00 pm EST

Rush Limbaugh
Local Affiliate (radio)
3:00 - 6:00 pm EST (TBD)

Sean Hannity
Local Affiliate (radio)
9:00 pm EST
Sean Hannity
Fox News Channel

Wednesday, November 10 

Kim Strassel
Wall Street Journal
7:00 am (local)

TODAY (in studio)
w/ Matt Lauer
NBC

Thursday, November 11

8:00 pm EST
Bill O’Reilly
Fox News Channel

Friday, November 12

10:00 pm EST
Greta Van Susteren
Fox News Channel

Saturday, November 13

Andrew Roberts
Daily Telegraph

Sean Hannity**
Fox News Channel

Sunday, November 14

Parade Magazine
Bill McKenzie

Dallas Morning News

Check local listings for time

Jim Axelrod***

CBS Sunday Morning

Candy Crowley****

CNN

Monday, November 15

Nancy Graham

AARP magazine (December issue)

Monday, November 15 - Wednesday, November 17

7:00 am EST

Fox and Friends

w/ Brian Kilmeade, Gretchen Carlson, and Steve Doocy

Fox News Channel

Thursday, November 18

11:30 pm EST

Jay Leno

NBC

Sunday, November 21

Mark Updegrove

Texas Monthly

(December issue)

* includes segments with President George H.W. Bush and Mrs. Barbara Bush.

** this is a separate interview from the one airing on November 9.

*** with Mrs. Laura Bush.

**** with Governor Jeb Bush.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #393 on: November 09, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »

CBB, I want to tell you about my visits to the area courthouses in TN.  First day we went to Dandridge courthouse.  Jefferson Co. is where I have found my ancestors after they left Shenandoah Co., VA.  An old man was working the computer and he was so nice and funny.  I worked with him and between the 2 of us we finally found the marriage records I was looking for.  In the meantime another volunteer (woman) was busy getting microfilm of 2 deeds I needed.  Bless them--they are volunteers and they were so nice.  I love them for what they do to help people.

Next we went to Grainger Co. (Rutledge, TN).  First went to the courthouse.  Went inside and NO ONE was there.  The courthouse was empty, all lights were on, all computers on, but no one was there.  Went across the street and asked at the Minit Mart where the records were located and she said they had sent them all over to the old high school as they did not have room in the courthouse.  Went down the road and inside there.  Same as Dandridge-they had 2 volunteers and they worked with me and got the copies I needed.  Talked to them about the courthouse being empty and everything wide open and she asked me if I thought that was strange because they didn't-that is what they do when they go to lunch. We got a laugh out of them for that.

Next day it was on to Jonesborough courthouse.  Old courthouse.  Send us down in the basement (spooky place) and turned me loose on what records they had there.  Most of the old State of Franklin records were there (1780's) and I spent quite a bit of time going through them. No luck though.  Found out they had sent the other half of their records over to the new Justice Center so we did not have time to go there.  Next we went to Greene Co. (Greenville, TN) courthouse.  We had to empty my purse and hubby had to empty pockets, take off watch, belt, etc and go through their metal detector before they would let us in.  Went upstairs and was told their records had been removed to a genealogy building down the street about a block.  Went there and worked with two volunteers there.  It was here that helped me the most-not that I found the records I needed but that the old lady helped me figure out WHY I could not locate what I needed.  My ancestors lived on Indian Creek in southern part of Jefferson Co. and it is right on the border of Cocke County (Newport, TN) and probably the remainder of the records I am looking would be there EXCEPT their courthouse burned in 1879 and they lost every record in the building with that fire.  SO I give up on trying to find my GG Grandfathers marriage record as it was probably there.  We drove over to Newport where Indian Creek is so I at least got to see where he lived.

I have never meet such nice, kind people in all my life.  I so enjoyed working with these people.  They are dedicated to helping total strangers and they do not get paid for it.  I did donate to each location for their time and energy and they so appreciated it. 

Just thought you would like to know how it went.  It was my B'day Thursday and I had told my husband visiting those courthouses was what I really wanted for my b'day and he drove me all over for 2 days to give me my b'day present.  I so enjoyed it.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: November 09, 2010, 09:45:27 PM »

Happy birthday on Thursday Blue Moon...

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: November 09, 2010, 09:46:13 PM »

Happy birthday on Thursday Blue Moon...

thanks cookie--I had a good one.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #396 on: November 10, 2010, 12:18:37 AM »

Happy Birthday Blue Moon and if you ever need anything from Shenandoah Co. please let me know. I am one county up.

2 4 1
crazybabyborg
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2010, 12:50:15 AM »

CBB, I want to tell you about my visits to the area courthouses in TN.  First day we went to Dandridge courthouse.  Jefferson Co. is where I have found my ancestors after they left Shenandoah Co., VA.  An old man was working the computer and he was so nice and funny.  I worked with him and between the 2 of us we finally found the marriage records I was looking for.  In the meantime another volunteer (woman) was busy getting microfilm of 2 deeds I needed.  Bless them--they are volunteers and they were so nice.  I love them for what they do to help people.

Next we went to Grainger Co. (Rutledge, TN).  First went to the courthouse.  Went inside and NO ONE was there.  The courthouse was empty, all lights were on, all computers on, but no one was there.  Went across the street and asked at the Minit Mart where the records were located and she said they had sent them all over to the old high school as they did not have room in the courthouse.  Went down the road and inside there.  Same as Dandridge-they had 2 volunteers and they worked with me and got the copies I needed.  Talked to them about the courthouse being empty and everything wide open and she asked me if I thought that was strange because they didn't-that is what they do when they go to lunch. We got a laugh out of them for that.

Next day it was on to Jonesborough courthouse.  Old courthouse.  Send us down in the basement (spooky place) and turned me loose on what records they had there.  Most of the old State of Franklin records were there (1780's) and I spent quite a bit of time going through them. No luck though.  Found out they had sent the other half of their records over to the new Justice Center so we did not have time to go there.  Next we went to Greene Co. (Greenville, TN) courthouse.  We had to empty my purse and hubby had to empty pockets, take off watch, belt, etc and go through their metal detector before they would let us in.  Went upstairs and was told their records had been removed to a genealogy building down the street about a block.  Went there and worked with two volunteers there.  It was here that helped me the most-not that I found the records I needed but that the old lady helped me figure out WHY I could not locate what I needed.  My ancestors lived on Indian Creek in southern part of Jefferson Co. and it is right on the border of Cocke County (Newport, TN) and probably the remainder of the records I am looking would be there EXCEPT their courthouse burned in 1879 and they lost every record in the building with that fire.  SO I give up on trying to find my GG Grandfathers marriage record as it was probably there.  We drove over to Newport where Indian Creek is so I at least got to see where he lived.

I have never meet such nice, kind people in all my life.  I so enjoyed working with these people.  They are dedicated to helping total strangers and they do not get paid for it.  I did donate to each location for their time and energy and they so appreciated it. 

Just thought you would like to know how it went.  It was my B'day Thursday and I had told my husband visiting those courthouses was what I really wanted for my b'day and he drove me all over for 2 days to give me my b'day present.  I so enjoyed it.

BlueMoon, it sounds like you had a wonderful, if not altogether fruitful, time! It also sounds as though you were given enough to continue the quest, so you have more to look forward to! Believe it or not, one of the Physicians in the clinic lives in Greeneville and drives to Duffield every day! I'm very familiar with the area and go at least once each Summer and Fall to get beans or tomatoes to can. There's a wonderful area on the Nolichucky river that is littered with fresh produce stands and markets and a really wonderful Amish Store. Like you, I have always found everyone to be extremely friendly and helpful. I'm so glad you had a good Birthday! It sounds like you have a pretty special hubby, too! Let me add my belated birthday wishes for you for a terrific year to come with lots of "happy hunting" new adventures!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2010, 12:52:37 AM »

SuzieQ, the flowers in that yard are gorgeous!! Somebody spends a lot of time on their hobby!! Thanks for sharing the pics with us!! 
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2010, 03:52:32 AM »

Hey all of you monkeys - after all the times I reminded you monkeys about the time change, guess who forgot to change her own clocks? Just take a wild guess! 

OK, I'll admit it! It was ME! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.