April 26, 2024, 06:53:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 263730 times)
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2010, 06:04:08 AM »

Hey all of you monkeys - after all the times I reminded you monkeys about the time change, guess who forgot to change her own clocks? Just take a wild guess! 

OK, I'll admit it! It was ME! 

Sounds like something I might have done(once or twice       ).
 I would venture to say you probably figured it out before the guy who came in for coffee yesterday morning...he had just had his alarm go off early...2days late?   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2010, 09:20:43 AM »

Here's a post Nut made last year about this time concerning Thanksgiving Dinner Preparations:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6490.msg1011088#msg1011088
Prepare a Safe and Easy Thanksgiving Dinner - One Day at a Time

It's still good advice. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »

Did I hear my name mentioned?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »

Hi ya' Nut!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #404 on: November 11, 2010, 06:12:15 AM »

We have a kind monkey from OR, Wantkyhome, who visits Kyron's Wall of Hope regularly and is willing to take monkey messages for those of us that
would like to leave a message.

Klaas made a thread for this purpose.

Thank you Can! an angelic monkey
I hope everyone can give me a message for the wall. I will laminate it before I attach it to the wall. The family loves the prayers, especially. I've taken a few poems there too. I know they appreciate anything we do for them. I've spoken to Kaine, Desiree and Kaine's mother. They all expressed how they feel about the outpouring of love and prayers they have received! 

You're welcome wantkyhome, and thank you!
I hope many Monkeys will leave a message for Kyron's family. 

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #405 on: November 11, 2010, 06:18:15 AM »

Nut it's nice to see you posting again.  Short, often funny but oh so very clear posts.   
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #406 on: November 11, 2010, 09:20:31 AM »

Just in case you ever get these two environments mixed up:

@ PRISON
You spend most of your
time in a 10X10 cell

@ WORK
 You spend most of your
time in an 6X6 cubicle

@ PRISON
You get three meals a
day, fully paid for

@ WORK
You get a break for one meal and
you have to pay for it

@ PRISON
For good behavior,
you get time off

@ WORK
For good behavior,
you get more work

@ PRISON
The guard locks and unlocks
all the doors for you

@ WORK
You must carry a security card
and open all the doors yourself

@ PRISON
You can watch TV
and play games

@ WORK
You could get fired for watching
TV and playing games

@ PRISON
You get your own toilet

@ WORK
You have to share the toilet with
people who pee on the seat

@ PRISON
They allow your family
and friends to visit

@ WORK
You aren't even supposed to speak
to your family

@ PRISON
All expenses are paid by the
taxpayers with no
work required

@ WORK
You must pay all your expenses to go
to work, and they deduct taxes from
your salary to pay for prisoners

@ PRISON
You spend most of your life inside
bars wanting to get out

@WORK
You spend most of your time wanting
to get out and go inside bars

@ PRISON
You must deal with sadistic wardens

@ WORK
They're called 'managers'

THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY
WRONG WITH THIS SCENARIO.

Now get back to work.
You're not getting paid to check your forums!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:25:57 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: November 11, 2010, 09:32:13 AM »

http://www1.va.gov/opa/vetsday/vetdayhistory.asp
History of Veterans Day

World War I – known at the time as “The Great War” - officially ended when the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919, in the Palace of Versailles outside the town of Versailles, France. However, fighting ceased seven months earlier when an armistice, or temporary cessation of hostilities, between the Allied nations and Germany went into effect on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. For that reason, November 11, 1918, is generally regarded as the end of “the war to end all wars.”

n November 1919, President Wilson proclaimed November 11 as the first commemoration of Armistice Day with the following words: "To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations…"

The original concept for the celebration was for a day observed with parades and public meetings and a brief suspension of business beginning at 11:00 a.m.

The United States Congress officially recognized the end of World War I when it passed a concurrent resolution on June 4, 1926, with these words:

Whereas the 11th of November 1918, marked the cessation of the most destructive, sanguinary, and far reaching war in human annals and the resumption by the people of the United States of peaceful relations with other nations, which we hope may never again be severed, and

Whereas it is fitting that the recurring anniversary of this date should be commemorated with thanksgiving and prayer and exercises designed to perpetuate peace through good will and mutual understanding between nations; and

Whereas the legislatures of twenty-seven of our States have already declared November 11 to be a legal holiday: Therefore be it Resolved by the Senate (the House of Representatives concurring), that the President of the United States is requested to issue a proclamation calling upon the officials to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on November 11 and inviting the people of the United States to observe the day in schools and churches, or other suitable places, with appropriate ceremonies of friendly relations with all other peoples.

An Act (52 Stat. 351; 5 U. S. Code, Sec. 87a) approved May 13, 1938, made the 11th of November in each year a legal holiday—a day to be dedicated to the cause of world peace and to be thereafter celebrated and known as "Armistice Day." Armistice Day was primarily a day set aside to honor veterans of World War I, but in 1954, after World War II had required the greatest mobilization of soldiers, sailors, Marines and airmen in the Nation’s history; after American forces had fought aggression in Korea, the 83rd Congress, at the urging of the veterans service organizations, amended the Act of 1938 by striking out the word "Armistice" and inserting in its place the word "Veterans." With the approval of this legislation (Public Law 380) on June 1, 1954, November 11th became a day to honor American veterans of all wars.

Later that same year, on October 8th, President Dwight D. Eisenhower issued the first "Veterans Day Proclamation" which stated: "In order to insure proper and widespread observance of this anniversary, all veterans, all veterans' organizations, and the entire citizenry will wish to join hands in the common purpose. Toward this end, I am designating the Administrator of Veterans' Affairs as Chairman of a Veterans Day National Committee, which shall include such other persons as the Chairman may select, and which will coordinate at the national level necessary planning for the observance. I am also requesting the heads of all departments and agencies of the Executive branch of the Government to assist the National Committee in every way possible."

On that same day, President Eisenhower sent a letter to the Honorable Harvey V. Higley, Administrator of Veterans' Affairs (VA), designating him as Chairman of the Veterans Day National Committee.

In 1958, the White House advised VA's General Counsel that the 1954 designation of the VA Administrator as Chairman of the Veterans Day National Committee applied to all subsequent VA Administrators. Since March 1989 when VA was elevated to a cabinet level department, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs has served as the committee's chairman.

The Uniform Holiday Bill (Public Law 90-363 (82 Stat. 250)) was signed on June 28, 1968, and was intended to ensure three-day weekends for Federal employees by celebrating four national holidays on Mondays: Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and Columbus Day. It was thought that these extended weekends would encourage travel, recreational and cultural activities and stimulate greater industrial and commercial production. Many states did not agree with this decision and continued to celebrate the holidays on their original dates.

The first Veterans Day under the new law was observed with much confusion on October 25, 1971. It was quite apparent that the commemoration of this day was a matter of historic and patriotic significance to a great number of our citizens, and so on September 20th, 1975, President Gerald R. Ford signed Public Law 94-97 (89 Stat. 479), which returned the annual observance of Veterans Day to its original date of November 11, beginning in 1978. This action supported the desires of the overwhelming majority of state legislatures, all major veterans service organizations and the American people.

Veterans Day continues to be observed on November 11, regardless of what day of the week on which it falls. The restoration of the observance of Veterans Day to November 11 not only preserves the historical significance of the date, but helps focus attention on the important purpose of Veterans Day: A celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: November 11, 2010, 01:14:09 PM »

Thank you Bee.

Lest we forget.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: November 11, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »

wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #410 on: November 11, 2010, 10:51:46 PM »

Thanks MB - Love the eagle. I'm a vet and I appreciate all the great comments. I am so proud to have served in the US military! 

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: November 12, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »

Thanks MB - Love the eagle. I'm a vet and I appreciate all the great comments. I am so proud to have served in the US military! 
wantkyhome may I add my personal thanks for your service. As an immigrant and now an American citizen I really appreciate the sacrifice that our military men, women and families make to keep this wonderful country free.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #412 on: November 12, 2010, 11:07:59 AM »

wantkyhome may I add my personal thanks for your service. As an immigrant and now an American citizen I really appreciate the sacrifice that our military men, women and families make to keep this wonderful country free.
Thanks Donks! I appreciate what you said. an angelic monkey
 I was an immigrant also from England but many years ago. Right after I got my citizenship I joined the military because I just felt led to. I am so glad I did! 

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #413 on: November 12, 2010, 10:35:09 PM »

@ PRISON
You spend most of your
time in a 10X10 cell

@ WORK
 You spend most of your
time in an 6X6 cubicle

@ PRISON
You get three meals a
day, fully paid for

@ WORK
you have to pay for it

@ PRISON
For good behavior,
you get time off

@ WORK
For good behavior,
you get more work

@ PRISON
all the doors for you

@ WORK

@ PRISON
You can watch TV
and play games

@ WORK
TV and playing games

@ PRISON
You get your own toilet

@ WORK

@ PRISON
They allow your family
and friends to visit

@ WORK
to your family

@ PRISON
taxpayers with no
work required

@ WORK

@ PRISON
bars wanting to get out

@WORK

@ PRISON

@ WORK

Now get back to work.

wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #414 on: November 13, 2010, 02:24:51 AM »

@ PRISON
You spend most of your
time in a 10X10 cell

@ WORK
 You spend most of your
time in an 6X6 cubicle

@ PRISON
You get three meals a
day, fully paid for

@ WORK
you have to pay for it

@ PRISON
For good behavior,
you get time off

@ WORK
For good behavior,
you get more work

@ PRISON
all the doors for you

@ WORK

@ PRISON
You can watch TV
and play games

@ WORK
TV and playing games

@ PRISON
You get your own toilet

@ WORK

@ PRISON
They allow your family
and friends to visit

@ WORK
to your family

@ PRISON
taxpayers with no
work required

@ WORK

@ PRISON
bars wanting to get out

@WORK

@ PRISON

@ WORK

Now get back to work.

ITA 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: November 13, 2010, 05:49:57 PM »

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #416 on: November 13, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

This got my attention! There is so much good in the world, but, there is also so much evil, too.

Catholic Bishops: More Exorcists Needed 

Monkey Devil!
AP NEW YORK (Nov. 12) -- Citing a shortage of priests who can perform the rite, the nation's Roman Catholic bishops are holding a conference on how to conduct exorcisms.

The two-day training, which ends Saturday in Baltimore, is to outline the scriptural basis of evil, instruct clergy on evaluating whether a person is truly possessed, and review the prayers and rituals that comprise an exorcism. Among the speakers will be Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, archbishop of Galveston-Houston, Texas, and a priest-assistant to New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan.

"Learning the liturgical rite is not difficult," DiNardo said in a phone interview before the conference, which is open to clergy only. "The problem is the discernment that the exorcist needs before he would ever attempt the rite." More...

http://www.aolnews.com/religion/article/catholic-bishops-more-exorcists-needed/19715488?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7C1%7Clink7%7C25267

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: November 13, 2010, 06:01:06 PM »

Sweeeeet Grandbaby, Klaas!  She has such a cute smile.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: November 13, 2010, 06:11:26 PM »

I know she has smiled before but this is the best smile I've seen so far  an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: November 13, 2010, 08:04:26 PM »

I know she has smiled before but this is the best smile I've seen so far  an angelic monkey

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.