April 23, 2024, 03:04:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 263632 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #560 on: November 18, 2010, 11:20:49 AM »

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can.

Bristol Palin can't dance
Bristol Palin is not a star
What the heck is Bristol doing on the show to begin with?

Therefore, the show is a joke IMO (might as well be watching Ghost Hunters).  I don't watch it but I do check on Youtube to view the actual talented dancers (Jennifer Grey).  Even though I don't watch the show I will be voting on Monday for Jennifer.

Okay now this is funny    I watched a couple episodes years ago and couldn't continue. But I check things out like you do. I don't even have to see a clip of Jennifer, I know she can dance    If Bristol wins there is some serious cheating going on. And I would watch Ghost Hunters any day of the week over this.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #561 on: November 18, 2010, 11:29:35 AM »

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can.

Bristol Palin can't dance
Bristol Palin is not a star
What the heck is Bristol doing on the show to begin with?

Therefore, the show is a joke IMO (might as well be watching Ghost Hunters).  I don't watch it but I do check on Youtube to view the actual talented dancers (Jennifer Grey).  Even though I don't watch the show I will be voting on Monday for Jennifer.

Okay now this is funny    I watched a couple episodes years ago and couldn't continue. But I check things out like you do. I don't even have to see a clip of Jennifer, I know she can dance    If Bristol wins there is some serious cheating going on. And I would watch Ghost Hunters any day of the week over this.

I have to admit that I, too, can't get into this show....my aunt and many others love it, but although I tried to watch it in the past, it just doesn't appeal to me.

I agree with Klaas about Bristol and some of the past contestants.  It's at a point where they probably can't get real 'stars' to do the show.  My vote will be for Jennifer, as well.  You don't put baby in the corner.....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:59 AM »

No you don't put baby in the corner 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #563 on: November 18, 2010, 11:42:45 AM »

I watch the youtube version too, Klaas and love it!! 

I've never voted, but had already planned to vote for Jennifer. She's by far the best dancer and deserves to win. I don't particularly care for Jennifer's personality, but she's doing a great job, and I agree about Dereck as a choreographer. He's hands down the best, IMO.

Bristol's on the show because she was asked to be and there's been lots of other people on the show just because they have name recognition, like Tom Delay. I don't blame her for accepting and if there's blame to be found for political support boosting her stay, I think those who made the decision to invite her should be questioned about that instead of her. I'm not aware that her Mom has asked anybody to vote for her daughter. I honestly think people voting for Jennifer is a fair concept because Jennifer is the best and also does Bristol a favor as a side effect. She's under a lot of criticism for just doing the best she can and she can't control the vote. I'm not sure what she could have done except what she has: work hard and do her best and her last performance was evidence of that. I suppose an argument could be made that if people were prone to vote for her because of her Mom or the Tea Party, then others would be prone to vote against her for the same reason. Sarah's popularity ratings are less than 50%.

Anyway, San, my vote will be with yours; for Jennifer Grey! I got hooked last season with Nicole and Dereck....... Jennifer's good but OMG, I loved watching Nicole!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: November 18, 2010, 12:22:07 PM »

CBB - don't get me started, please
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: November 18, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »

OMG, I need to teach Petey to do this stuff, lolol   

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9Fyey4D5hg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/P9Fyey4D5hg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: November 18, 2010, 12:32:22 PM »

We must be on the same page. And frankly if I see another segment on cable news about this nonsense and Bristol dancing, and who is voting for her and who isn't I'm going to scream.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #567 on: November 18, 2010, 12:37:53 PM »

OMG, I need to teach Petey to do this stuff, lolol   

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9Fyey4D5hg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/P9Fyey4D5hg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

How cool is that???  I feel like a lousy dog owner at the moment, lol. 

Thanks for sharing - I am just in awe.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #568 on: November 18, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »

Okie Dokie! 
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: November 18, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »

Afternoon  my Monkey friends, thought this was a cute one, probably been around the net a thousand times, but what do I remember!

WATCH OUT FOR FAIRIES 

A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th wedding

anniversary in a quiet, romantic  little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy  appeared on their table. She said,

'For being such an exemplary  married couple and for being loving to each

other for all this time, I  will grant you each a wish.'

The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling

husband.

The fairy waved her magic wand and -  poof! - two tickets for the

Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment:

'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will

never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30

years younger than me.

The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!...the husband became 92 years old.

The moral of this story:   Men who are ungrateful b@*tards should remember

fairies are female.....

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #570 on: November 18, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »

Itaryl Moosee I agree that Max did hurt himself.  He needs to stop mouthing off to the judges.  But I also think that Bristol Palin's mothers following has influenced the judging.  Bristol Palin should have been voted off three weeks ago.

It will be intersting to watch the finals.  One thing that Bristol has going for her is her partner Mark.  He is an excellent dancer and knows what to expect in the finals.

I have enjoyed watch Jennifer dance because after all she is 50 years old.  But she does get on my nerves also with her crying.

Brandi would have been good in the finals because she is a good freestyle dancer.  But I don't think Max is as good as a choreographer as Derek and Mark.

Well, Bristol is not the athletic type, so I can't wait to see what she and mark will do for "freestyle."

Hopefully she won't break Mark's back having to lift her up high, or having to catch her.

Two persons who I think are happy Bristol made it to the finals: Jennifer and Kyle.

--------

One thing that people forget is how the voting works. When there are two couples left on the final show, they have a "dance-off" and the judges in the studio decide who wins, not the voters at home.

During the live shows, judges will give a score based on several factors, including technical execution. But the judges' scores alone do not decide a couple's fate.

Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online polls will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open for 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until 11am (Eastern Time) the next day.

In the Dancing with the Stars Results Show, the couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will be eliminated from the competition. The scoring is divided evenly between the judges and the viewers at home, ensuring unpredictable outcomes at the end of every show. When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine who wins the trophy.

Viewers can vote via phone, text message or online for their favorites ONLY on the night they perform.

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/about-voting

p.s.
My final thought on this, since I know some people are mighty sensitive about it.

I don't want anyone shooting their computer monitor.

Haha!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: November 18, 2010, 10:44:14 PM »

Petey making sure my chair is warm for me.  You can see where he decided to teeth on my chair when he was younger  Monkey Devil!

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #572 on: November 19, 2010, 12:35:22 AM »

Petey making sure my chair is warm for me.  You can see where he decided to teeth on my chair when he was younger  Monkey Devil!

He's adorable! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #573 on: November 19, 2010, 12:50:59 AM »

I see you Babs!!  I just left you something in my thread!! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #574 on: November 19, 2010, 12:54:42 AM »

You mean he gets up for you??   

He's grown up to be just a bigger version of that puppy cutiepie!!  Something tells me he loves his Mama!! 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #575 on: November 19, 2010, 12:58:36 AM »

Klaas - It looks like Petey has short hair, does he have any trouble with allergies or flea drops such as Advantix?  Two of mine have longer hair and they are fine, although the short hair one has problems with the drops and allergies all year long.  I have to give her cortisone shots every 2 weeks and it helps for a few days - then it's back to itching like crazy.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: November 19, 2010, 04:13:18 AM »

YIKES someone kidnapped Banana Man!!!

OH NO !!!!! Do we need to send out a search party or what?

Pretty soon I'm going to look for a radio to throw in that tub with you just for good measure! 

Ouch

Better wear a rubber suit in the tub, Sparky!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: November 19, 2010, 04:15:31 AM »

Has anyone seen Miss Bearly lately?  I haven't seen here for a couple days.

Here I am!

Hi, Everyone!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: November 19, 2010, 04:34:32 AM »

I watch the youtube version too, Klaas and love it!!  

I've never voted, but had already planned to vote for Jennifer. She's by far the best dancer and deserves to win. I don't particularly care for Jennifer's personality, but she's doing a great job, and I agree about Dereck as a choreographer. He's hands down the best, IMO.

Bristol's on the show because she was asked to be and there's been lots of other people on the show just because they have name recognition, like Tom Delay. I don't blame her for accepting and if there's blame to be found for political support boosting her stay, I think those who made the decision to invite her should be questioned about that instead of her. I'm not aware that her Mom has asked anybody to vote for her daughter. I honestly think people voting for Jennifer is a fair concept because Jennifer is the best and also does Bristol a favor as a side effect. She's under a lot of criticism for just doing the best she can and she can't control the vote. I'm not sure what she could have done except what she has: work hard and do her best and her last performance was evidence of that. I suppose an argument could be made that if people were prone to vote for her because of her Mom or the Tea Party, then others would be prone to vote against her for the same reason. Sarah's popularity ratings are less than 50%.

Anyway, San, my vote will be with yours; for Jennifer Grey! I got hooked last season with Nicole and Dereck....... Jennifer's good but OMG, I loved watching Nicole!!

I loved watching Nicole, too (dance, not fret, she drives herself too hard).

I agree about Palin, people actually booed her Mom, so I don't think she is getting votes from her Mom's supporters.  I have enjoyed watching her come into her own and try really hard.  She also talks like a daughter of any Mom, and does not throw accolades her way on a regular basis.  I believe she was a last minute replacement for someone.

I have not seen much this season, but I don't watch TV.  My son and I watch part of a DVD each night together.  The only show I will watch is DWTS, but on the computer.  Can someone tell me how to watch it on Youtube?  Do you just search for it, or is there someone whose YTs you really like to watch?  Thanks.

Jennifer is a good dancer.  The only thing that bothers me about her was Patrick S's wife being shocked at all the drama from her first dance.  Is she just over-emotional or is it just for the show?  

I enjoy getting to know people I would not ordinarily get to know, so in a way it gets to be a "family."  That is the wrong word, but I cannot think of the word at the moment.  Like SM, we are more of a family, because we are all a part.  With DWTS, we are only spectators.

There are several of the professional dancers I have enjoyed getting to know, others not so much.  I enjoy the judges reactions when they like someone, especially when one vote does not go along with another.

One person I did not enjoy watching was Kate (+8).

Max doesn't do anything for me, either.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:01:35 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: November 19, 2010, 04:37:04 AM »

Oops!  You might want to scroll on by my last post.

silent

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.