April 24, 2024, 12:22:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 263645 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: November 19, 2010, 04:43:10 AM »

OMG, I need to teach Petey to do this stuff, lolol   

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9Fyey4D5hg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/P9Fyey4D5hg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

He did the dishwasher trick.  Hasn't he been learning others?  I thought for sure you taught him how to 'run to the store' for you.  Personally, I would teach him to exercise for me.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: November 19, 2010, 04:45:17 AM »

Afternoon  my Monkey friends, thought this was a cute one, probably been around the net a thousand times, but what do I remember!

WATCH OUT FOR FAIRIES 

A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th wedding

anniversary in a quiet, romantic  little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy  appeared on their table. She said,

'For being such an exemplary  married couple and for being loving to each

other for all this time, I  will grant you each a wish.'

The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling

husband.

The fairy waved her magic wand and -  poof! - two tickets for the

Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment:

'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will

never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30

years younger than me.

The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!...the husband became 92 years old.

The moral of this story:   Men who are ungrateful b@*tards should remember

fairies are female.....

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: November 19, 2010, 04:57:00 AM »

Petey making sure my chair is warm for me.  You can see where he decided to teeth on my chair when he was younger  Monkey Devil!

He continues to be a beautiful dog.  He makes me smile just looking at him.

What kind of chair is that?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: November 19, 2010, 04:59:05 AM »

Petey making sure my chair is warm for me.  You can see where he decided to teeth on my chair when he was younger  Monkey Devil!

You mean he gets up for you??   

He's grown up to be just a bigger version of that puppy cutiepie!!  Something tells me he loves his Mama!! 

Wouldn't you?

I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: November 19, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »

Klaas - It looks like Petey has short hair, does he have any trouble with allergies or flea drops such as Advantix?  Two of mine have longer hair and they are fine, although the short hair one has problems with the drops and allergies all year long.  I have to give her cortisone shots every 2 weeks and it helps for a few days - then it's back to itching like crazy.

I'm not klaas but I will tell you that my dog has problems with allergies.  They start every Spring and Fall.  She gets really bad.  Her paws and eyes and face get really red.  We took her to the vet and he prescribed her pills but they don't work.  Finally he has to give her a shot and it eases up some.  She will be like this until the really first cold day comes and they she will get better.  She is a pitbull and she has short hair.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: November 19, 2010, 08:23:10 AM »

Jennifer is a good dancer but I have steadily grown to dislike her..She is playing the sympathy card every week with her whining..and the Patrick Swayze thing..If Heather Mills can dance with one leg and never bring up how painful it must have been when she was dancing and doing somersaults almost with her prosthetic leg, Jennifer needs to shut up jmo..and I am not a Heather Mills fan at all but did admire what she did on the show...
Bristol is terrible and it ticks me off that she keeps getting voted on...Her mom has the nerve to blast Idol for their  no singing talent but yet praise her own daughter who has consistently been in the lowest scoring with the judges every week...doesn't make sense..jmo...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: November 19, 2010, 08:25:48 AM »

Klaas - It looks like Petey has short hair, does he have any trouble with allergies or flea drops such as Advantix?  Two of mine have longer hair and they are fine, although the short hair one has problems with the drops and allergies all year long.  I have to give her cortisone shots every 2 weeks and it helps for a few days - then it's back to itching like crazy.

I'm not klaas but I will tell you that my dog has problems with allergies.  They start every Spring and Fall.  She gets really bad.  Her paws and eyes and face get really red.  We took her to the vet and he prescribed her pills but they don't work.  Finally he has to give her a shot and it eases up some.  She will be like this until the really first cold day comes and they she will get better.  She is a pitbull and she has short hair.

my dog also gets allergies until the first cold day ...vet says that it is from the grass...don't know but it starts every year like clockwork around August until right about now...same with us,,,shot helps just briefly...sigh..benedryl (sp) helps but not a lot...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: November 19, 2010, 10:04:15 AM »

Oh, that must be just awful!  Poor baby, you would think something could be done.

I believe in miracles!
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #588 on: November 19, 2010, 06:03:09 PM »

Oh, that must be just awful!  Poor baby, you would think something could be done.

Sister's dog is allergic to grass and scratches so much she has hair loss. They give her oatmeal shampoo baths weekly to help her skin and she gets 1 tsp unsulfered molasses mixed in her food for her hair loss. The shots don't really help her.
They also put puppy pads on the cement driveway at the side of the house so that she is kept off the grass.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #589 on: November 19, 2010, 10:36:42 PM »

Hey IM 
You want an honest opinion about the iPad?  I love it, mostly for Shopping! And it's great for reading too. My favorite part is the touch screen and enlarging pictures especially when shopping online!  You still need a computer though to do updates and such on iTunes at least that's what I think the Mac guy said!  DH bought me a Mac Air last year and I love it but the iPad is great for on your lap. It doesn't get hot and that is a big plus. It is super fun to play games on and I never really played games before. My kids loaded it up with all their stuff and I can barely keep them off of it. Lol

If I could only have one, I'd pick my MacAir, but I would hate to give this one up. I got a keyboard charger combo and should be using it because that makes it even more awesome. I just was being lazy as my doggy is sick and I am trying to keep him happy which means not getting up and waking him up. 

We really do think alike!  Weird isn't it? About the beach and all. 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: November 20, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »

What do you guys think of German Shepherd dogs or other types of Shepherds?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: November 20, 2010, 08:00:51 PM »

Klaas went on a little venture today.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: November 20, 2010, 08:07:23 PM »

I love German Shepherds, and my family had one named  "Prince" a retired police dog and later on had one named "Bandit" and he was a great dog.  I fostered an Australian Shepherd (Blue Merle) named "Reba".  She was really active and I had considered keeping her, but she kept herding (nipping) at the kids when they would play, chewed the siding on my house, which I worked with trying to stop that and etc.  "Reba" had been kept isolated in a horse trailer, before she came to me.  I ended up finding her a great home with a rice farmer, whom last time I saw was driving around with Reba in the cab of his truck.  His place was great for her and it ended up being a good match. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: November 20, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »

I love German Shepherds, and my family had one named  "Prince" a retired police dog and later on had one named "Bandit" and he was a great dog.  I fostered an Australian Shepherd (Blue Merle) named "Reba".  She was really active and I had considered keeping her, but she kept herding (nipping) at the kids when they would play, chewed the siding on my house, which I worked with trying to stop that and etc.  "Reba" had been kept isolated in a horse trailer, before she came to me.  I ended up finding her a great home with a rice farmer, whom last time I saw was driving around with Reba in the cab of his truck.  His place was great for her and it ended up being a good match. 

One of my dogs is getting old and this past year I noticed a big difference in her.  I have two Australians too.  My brother takes the boy dog home with him every day after work and takes him back to my house when he goes to work (I ain't stupid I know he is afraid he will chew at his house...LOL).  He knows this is his home too.  I have his sister and he grew up here.  We love them and they are so smart.  But lately I have been thinking about getting a shepherd but my family doesn't know yet.  I will wait and see what I want to get and when I am ready I will get another dog.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: November 21, 2010, 10:01:49 AM »

OMG, I need to teach Petey to do this stuff, lolol   

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9Fyey4D5hg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/P9Fyey4D5hg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Someone please send this little guy to my house!!  Too cute!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #595 on: November 21, 2010, 11:40:13 PM »

Just want to wish everyone a good night and leave you with a Smile From God

2 4 1
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: November 22, 2010, 06:32:41 AM »

Guess who I am voting for 

Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online polls will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open for 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until 11am (Eastern Time) the next day.

TEXT-IN-CODE:  3411

Just bumping this forward for tonight.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #597 on: November 22, 2010, 10:30:20 AM »

Klaas is in Colorado?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: November 22, 2010, 11:04:41 AM »

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can.

Bristol Palin can't dance
Bristol Palin is not a star
What the heck is Bristol doing on the show to begin with?

Therefore, the show is a joke IMO (might as well be watching Ghost Hunters).  I don't watch it but I do check on Youtube to view the actual talented dancers (Jennifer Grey).  Even though I don't watch the show I will be voting on Monday for Jennifer.

Okay now this is funny    I watched a couple episodes years ago and couldn't continue. But I check things out like you do. I don't even have to see a clip of Jennifer, I know she can dance    If Bristol wins there is some serious cheating going on. And I would watch Ghost Hunters any day of the week over this.

I have to admit that I, too, can't get into this show....my aunt and many others love it, but although I tried to watch it in the past, it just doesn't appeal to me.

I agree with Klaas about Bristol and some of the past contestants.  It's at a point where they probably can't get real 'stars' to do the show.  My vote will be for Jennifer, as well.  You don't put baby in the corner.....

You got that right.Grey has it going on. 
I agree with Klaas....she said it a lot nicer than I could.   
I am done with the show.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: November 22, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »

Klaas is in Colorado?

Yes I was!

This is a shopping square/street in Boulder.  Looks like Kermit has been there too 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.