April 25, 2024, 01:58:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 263680 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 03:15:20 PM »

Good morning Monkeys, long time no see!  I had to "drop out" a few years back when I took on a demanding job, but I think of y'all often.  In fact I just happen to be drinking coffee out of my monkey boat mug this morning.  All the best to you all!

There is a story in the news that is sending up red flags in my brain and naturally I thought of the Monkey Sleuth team.  It's the David Michael Hartley and his wife Tiffany allegedly attacked by Mexican pirates on Falcon lake in Texas.  Is anyone else following the case?  Tiffany was on morning programs today.

Hi Suse! It has been a long time!! Welcome Back! I've been watching it. Right now, I tend to believe the wife.

Ok, here's what bothers me about Tiffany's story. 
Jet ski(s) can outrun boats.  There were allegedly 3 boats chasing and shooting at them.  One lucky shot hits her husband in the head.  She turns and goes back and jumps in to help him but can't get him on her ski because he's dead weight.  (She should have his blood on her from the injury)  Meanwhile one boat comes up, close enough she can hear them, circling.  She screams "don't shoot"  and they leave to rejoin other 2 boats.  She gets back on her ski and flees.  She has to go past the boats to get back to the US side of the lake.  One boat pursues her well into US water.
What was the motive of the pirates?  They could have taken both jet ski(s) but didn't?
The couple were on a sightseeing trip to the ruins.  Did they take photos?
Who owns the jet skis?
The couple has been living off and on in the area, different locations for awhile (last year and 1/2?)  Why?  What is their occupation?  They are from Colorado.
Did Tiffany have blood on her clothing from trying to help her husband?

They are saying this morning that the Sheriff on the US side of the lake has witnesses.

For those interested, I've opened a thread in "Unsolved Crimes":
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8715.msg1241984#msg1241984
Falcon Lake Shooting:  David Michael Hartley Feared Dead

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »

Good morning Monkeys, long time no see!  I had to "drop out" a few years back when I took on a demanding job, but I think of y'all often.  In fact I just happen to be drinking coffee out of my monkey boat mug this morning.  All the best to you all!

There is a story in the news that is sending up red flags in my brain and naturally I thought of the Monkey Sleuth team.  It's the David Michael Hartley and his wife Tiffany allegedly attacked by Mexican pirates on Falcon lake in Texas.  Is anyone else following the case?  Tiffany was on morning programs today.

I agree, something isn't right and I told Red that the first day this came out.  Blink just did a post on it.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/10/05/david-hartley-gunned-down-on-jet-ski-in-mexico-tiffany-young-hartley-facing-scrutiny/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »

Today's grand baby picture  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Susebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 04:05:35 PM »

Hi Klaas, CONGRATLATIONS on your new grandbaby!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 04:08:19 PM »

Pretty baby 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »

Fast forward two years:

My name is NO NO but grandma calls me precious.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »

Hi Klaas, CONGRATLATIONS on your new grandbaby!

Thanks Susebear! 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2010, 10:10:42 PM »

my musing for the day:

Jessica Lunsford would have turned 15 today.  I really couldn't let this day end without saying that out loud.

In 2005, her grandma said this:

"Did you ever meet a child who loved to clean the bathroom? Well, Jessie did — window sills, the tub, the floor and everything," Grandma Ruth said. "But, that was Jessie. She kept her room perfect, her drawers neat, with everything ‘professionally' folded, everything in her closet lined up perfectly."
That was Jessie. Everything just so.
She was Grandma's girl from the time she was 1, when Jessie's mom and dad split up. She and Grandma Ruth loved to go shopping together, to J. C. Penney at the mall and Wal-Mart in Homosassa. Everybody in those stores knew Jessie, Ruth said, even the ladies back in the catalog department at JCPenney.
Oh, did that girl love clothes! Especially "skorts" and capri pants. When her church had a fashion show last year, Jessie modeled white and lime green-patterned capri pants and matching green top and a black, shiny raincoat. She loved that raincoat so much that she wanted to wear it all the time, no matter how hot it was outside.
Jessie wanted to be an Olympic swimmer — and a fashion designer. She would cut up old dress-up clothes and make clothes for her dolls. She and Grandma collected dolls together, from Barbies and Bratz dolls to porcelain collectibles.
"She couldn't sew," Ruth said, "but my friend Helen would give Jessie all her (fabric) scraps and she would make clothes, sarongs and things that tied."
Jessie was all girl. She loved purple and pink. She watched the Disney Channel all the time and had a collection of Disney videos. She especially loved "The Princess Diaries."

Jessie and her friend, Tiffany, liked to do cheerleading and gymnastics together.
"She liked doing cartwheels — I taught her to do that," Tiffany said. "We used to play on my tire swing, but it made us dizzy so we stopped."
The two were going to have a band, but they didn't have any instruments, only a microphone. So, they decided just to sing and dance. They liked doing karaoke together at Jessie's house.
They liked to ride bikes. Even though Jessie had several two-wheeled bikes, the one she liked riding best was an old three-wheeler with no brakes that Grandpa Archie had given her.
She loved jewelry and shoes and putting clothes on her dog "Corky." She loved makeup.
"I gave her an old box of cosmetics that she would play with," Ruth said. "Well, one Sunday we were getting ready to go to church and she came out with all this makeup on! I said, ‘Jessie, that's too much for church.'"
She went right in and washed it off. That was Jessie. Never an argument or a tantrum. Just "Yes, Ma'am" or "No, Ma'am."
Church was a big part of Jessie's short life and she was a big part of Faith Baptist Church in Homosassa, where she attended the King's Kids Wednesday night program. Out of 35 kids, Jessie was one of six who recently memorized the names of all the books of the New Testament and the memory verse,"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13).
"She (recited) it the night before she disappeared," said Kim Bidlack, her King's Kids leader and friend. "She was always smiling. There's an emptiness now when you go to church."
Jessie was born in Gastonia, N.C. She came to Homosassa a year ago.
She attended Homosassa Elementary School and was in Diane Hart's third-grade class. Every morning Grandpa Archie would drive her to the bus stop and every afternoon Grandma Ruth would pick her up.
She liked music, Celine Dion and Lil' Romeo. She loved to sing.
She always said, "I love you." She always wanted to go to the store with Grandpa because she knew he would buy her candy. She always, always, always gave her daddy a hug every morning.
She was "Daddy's girl" and would call him as soon as she got home from school. She liked playing on the sand piles at his work site. She had just gone to the state fair with him shortly before she disappeared. That's where her daddy bought her the now-famous pink hat she's shown wearing in her picture.
Jessie was kind and tenderhearted and easy to please — but don't you dare put "green stuff" (parsley) on her pasta! Plain with butter only. "Everyone at Luigi's knew that," Ruth said, "and they'd start fixing it for her as soon as she'd come in through the door."
She loved "rainbow noodles," too — that's what she called elbow macaroni.
Besides green stuff on her pasta, Jessie didn't like seeing or hearing about anybody being mistreated; she didn't like to see anyone cry.
"She was a great comforter," Ruth said. "She would take you in her arms — she'd done that many times with me; last year I had four major surgeries and she helped take care of me."
Her mother, Angie Bryant, said she will forever remember the day she was born and seeing her "sweet, innocent face." Her father, Mark Lunsford, will always remember his last hug.
Her pastor, the Rev. Laverle Coats, will remember how she loved people, loved her family, loved "her Lord and wanted others to love him, too."
"She was a fun kid," Ruth Lunsford said. "It was good times when Jessie was around."

This article was done by The Citrus Co Chronicle Online
March 26 of 2005

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2010, 10:11:52 PM »

darling baby Klaas!

I think the Tiffany/David story is not adding up for me...
and yes,,,did she have his blood on her clothes? why didn't he continue to float with his flotation vest on? something is not right here...

Green Eyes made it to Hope Springs Drive??? we want pictures and info!

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2010, 10:15:38 PM »

my musing for the day:

Jessica Lunsford would have turned 15 today.  I really couldn't let this day end without saying that out loud.

"Did you ever meet a child who loved to clean the bathroom? Well, Jessie did — window sills, the tub, the floor and everything," Grandma Ruth said. "But, that was Jessie. She kept her room perfect, her drawers neat, with everything ‘professionally' folded, everything in her closet lined up perfectly."
She was Grandma's girl from the time she was 1, when Jessie's mom and dad split up. She and Grandma Ruth loved to go shopping together, to J. C. Penney at the mall and Wal-Mart in Homosassa. Everybody in those stores knew Jessie, Ruth said, even the ladies back in the catalog department at JCPenney.
Oh, did that girl love clothes! Especially "skorts" and capri pants. When her church had a fashion show last year, Jessie modeled white and lime green-patterned capri pants and matching green top and a black, shiny raincoat. She loved that raincoat so much that she wanted to wear it all the time, no matter how hot it was outside.
Jessie wanted to be an Olympic swimmer — and a fashion designer. She would cut up old dress-up clothes and make clothes for her dolls. She and Grandma collected dolls together, from Barbies and Bratz dolls to porcelain collectibles.
"She couldn't sew," Ruth said, "but my friend Helen would give Jessie all her (fabric) scraps and she would make clothes, sarongs and things that tied."
Jessie was all girl. She loved purple and pink. She watched the Disney Channel all the time and had a collection of Disney videos. She especially loved "The Princess Diaries."

Jessie and her friend, Tiffany, liked to do cheerleading and gymnastics together.
"She liked doing cartwheels — I taught her to do that," Tiffany said. "We used to play on my tire swing, but it made us dizzy so we stopped."
The two were going to have a band, but they didn't have any instruments, only a microphone. So, they decided just to sing and dance. They liked doing karaoke together at Jessie's house.
They liked to ride bikes. Even though Jessie had several two-wheeled bikes, the one she liked riding best was an old three-wheeler with no brakes that Grandpa Archie had given her.
She loved jewelry and shoes and putting clothes on her dog "Corky." She loved makeup.
"I gave her an old box of cosmetics that she would play with," Ruth said. "Well, one Sunday we were getting ready to go to church and she came out with all this makeup on! I said, ‘Jessie, that's too much for church.'"
She went right in and washed it off. That was Jessie. Never an argument or a tantrum. Just "Yes, Ma'am" or "No, Ma'am."
Church was a big part of Jessie's short life and she was a big part of Faith Baptist Church in Homosassa, where she attended the King's Kids Wednesday night program. Out of 35 kids, Jessie was one of six who recently memorized the names of all the books of the New Testament and the memory verse,"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13).
"She (recited) it the night before she disappeared," said Kim Bidlack, her King's Kids leader and friend. "She was always smiling. There's an emptiness now when you go to church."
She attended Homosassa Elementary School and was in Diane Hart's third-grade class. Every morning Grandpa Archie would drive her to the bus stop and every afternoon Grandma Ruth would pick her up.
She always said, "I love you." She always wanted to go to the store with Grandpa because she knew he would buy her candy. She always, always, always gave her daddy a hug every morning.
She was "Daddy's girl" and would call him as soon as she got home from school. She liked playing on the sand piles at his work site. She had just gone to the state fair with him shortly before she disappeared. That's where her daddy bought her the now-famous pink hat she's shown wearing in her picture.
Jessie was kind and tenderhearted and easy to please — but don't you dare put "green stuff" (parsley) on her pasta! Plain with butter only. "Everyone at Luigi's knew that," Ruth said, "and they'd start fixing it for her as soon as she'd come in through the door."
Besides green stuff on her pasta, Jessie didn't like seeing or hearing about anybody being mistreated; she didn't like to see anyone cry.
"She was a great comforter," Ruth said. "She would take you in her arms — she'd done that many times with me; last year I had four major surgeries and she helped take care of me."
Her mother, Angie Bryant, said she will forever remember the day she was born and seeing her "sweet, innocent face." Her father, Mark Lunsford, will always remember his last hug.
Her pastor, the Rev. Laverle Coats, will remember how she loved people, loved her family, loved "her Lord and wanted others to love him, too."
"She was a fun kid," Ruth Lunsford said. "It was good times when Jessie was around."

March 26 of 2005

Thank you....so sad.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2010, 10:16:22 PM »

my musing for the day:

March 26 of 2005

thank you for this jill...it lets us know Jessica through these words..
this little girl's death haunts me to this very day..hard to imagine what she went through..
I am glad that her gramma can remember and cherish the good times with Jessie....she was robbed of her life and growing up..so sad!

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2010, 08:09:53 AM »

Klaas,
May I please hold her?
Such a sweet child.
What a lucky gramma!!!

Jill, thank you for the article on Jessica.

Blessings, Monkeys, Blessings.
Tol
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »

Jill thank you for reminding us of Jessica with such a nice article.  Another treasured child gone too soon.
May those that harm them rot in eternal hell!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2010, 09:36:01 AM »

Jill thank you for reminding us of Jessica with such a nice article.  Another treasured child gone too soon.

an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2010, 09:37:23 AM »

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »

Klaas.  Your grand baby looks adoreable, so bright, so in the moment!  Those feminine soft pinks and white and frills she wears are wonderful.  Your DIL must have such fun dressing and shopping for her. 
Looking forward to future pics.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2010, 10:30:24 AM »

Adorable.....lucky you, Grandma!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »

Has this been posted anywhere? I am not sure where to look if so...

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Have-You-Seen-This-Missing-Toddler-104483349.html

Father Won't Reveal Location of Missing Boy: Cops
Police say this 14-month-old toddler has been missing since Monday
By SANDRA TORRES
Updated 8:11 AM CDT, Thu, Oct 7, 2010

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2010, 10:54:07 AM »

Has this been posted anywhere? I am not sure where to look if so...

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Have-You-Seen-This-Missing-Toddler-104483349.html

Father Won't Reveal Location of Missing Boy: Cops
Police say this 14-month-old toddler has been missing since Monday
By SANDRA TORRES
Updated 8:11 AM CDT, Thu, Oct 7, 2010

I'll look, Nana29.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »

Thanks

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.