April 23, 2024, 02:17:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 263612 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: December 06, 2010, 10:29:56 PM »

Your grandson is such a handsome young man, SuzieQ!  I'll bet you can't wait to see him!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: December 06, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »

Here is my youngest ggson. Born 7/11/10. Haven't seen him in person yet, but they are coming up between Christmas and New Years.

WOW, is he ever a doll!  Bet you can't wait!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: December 07, 2010, 12:03:44 AM »

Here is my youngest ggson. Born 7/11/10. Haven't seen him in person yet, but they are coming up between Christmas and New Years.

Adorable!  Bet you can't wait to get those Nana hands on him!  I can't blame you one bit!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #743 on: December 07, 2010, 12:53:45 AM »

SuzieQ! He's adorable!!!! Oh those shiny eyes are just smiling all over!! When will you get to see him?
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #744 on: December 07, 2010, 01:18:19 AM »

He is so adorable - his eyes are absolutely gorgeous!   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #745 on: December 07, 2010, 08:53:52 AM »

What a charmer!  Bet you can't wait to hold him.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #746 on: December 07, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »

SuzieQ,he is precious!  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: December 07, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »

FABULOUS FACTS --
Mind-boggling from Sony

Sony played this video at their executive conference this year.

Interesting stuff........

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9Wu2kWwSY

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #748 on: December 07, 2010, 11:57:08 AM »

FABULOUS FACTS --
Mind-boggling from Sony

WOW  if I didn't feel obsolete before watching it I sure do now It really does boggle the mind. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: December 07, 2010, 12:18:43 PM »

FABULOUS FACTS --
Mind-boggling from Sony

WOW  if I didn't feel obsolete before watching it I sure do now It really does boggle the mind. 

I agree!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: December 07, 2010, 01:56:17 PM »

Haven't had time to see if this is true yet:

From Chicago suburb :Apparently the group asking everyone to change their profile picture 2 their favorite cartoon is actually a group of pedophiles. They're doing it because kids will accept their friend request if they see a cartoon. Nothing to do with support child violence. Its on tonight news. Pass this on 2 everyone who has a cartoon profile picture.

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: December 07, 2010, 03:19:22 PM »

From Chicago suburb :Apparently the group asking everyone to change their profile picture 2 their favorite cartoon is actually a group of pedophiles. They're doing it because kids will accept their friend request if they see a cartoon. Nothing to do with support child violence. Its on tonight news. Pass this on 2 everyone who has a cartoon profile picture.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/cartoon.asp

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #752 on: December 07, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »

I can't take it anymore!! I give to Old Man Winter! I've been delaying calling to have my heat pump fixed, but I was freezing last night. KuBear curled up in a tight ball next to me and let me pull the covers up over us both! 

I've called and he's coming tomorrow. Geezzz....... Santa, can you get a heat pump in that bag of yours??   

One Day At A Time, Monkeys!! I'm just reminding you guys so I can remind myself!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: December 07, 2010, 04:07:03 PM »

I can't take it anymore!! I give to Old Man Winter! I've been delaying calling to have my heat pump fixed, but I was freezing last night. KuBear curled up in a tight ball next to me and let me pull the covers up over us both! 

I've called and he's coming tomorrow. Geezzz....... Santa, can you get a heat pump in that bag of yours??   

One Day At A Time, Monkeys!! I'm just reminding you guys so I can remind myself!   

I don't like the cold either, CBB!!    This is how I like it:    I hope Santa gives you that heat pump you and Ku want for Christmas.  All five of my dogs are laying around an oil filled heater in the bedroom, like it's a campfire.   

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: December 07, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »

Florida is not getting a break this Winter, either.

Last night it was 27 degrees outside (panhandle), and down South where oranges are grown the temps were around 30.

The heater works well, but the floor is always cold. So, the only way to get the cat sleeping is wrapping the crate where she sleeps inside a warming throw, and leaving it on all night. Else, she will get in my bed and run the risk of me squashing her under my butt, she's a little thing and the same color as the covers.

I thought last night of the guy we discussed in another thread, the man who would gather leaves in the forest and load the walls with them for insulation. I wondered if that works.

Though, I would never do it. I would be afraid of any bug inside the leaves, that they may reproduce inside the home and cause an infestation.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: December 07, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »

We have an electric blanket, I couldn't live without it.   

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunbeam-Microplush-Warming-Blanket-Sage/14915051
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: December 07, 2010, 10:02:39 PM »

Florida is not getting a break this Winter, either.

Last night it was 27 degrees outside (panhandle), and down South where oranges are grown the temps were around 30.

The heater works well, but the floor is always cold. So, the only way to get the cat sleeping is wrapping the crate where she sleeps inside a warming throw, and leaving it on all night. Else, she will get in my bed and run the risk of me squashing her under my butt, she's a little thing and the same color as the covers.

I thought last night of the guy we discussed in another thread, the man who would gather leaves in the forest and load the walls with them for insulation. I wondered if that works.

Though, I would never do it. I would be afraid of any bug inside the leaves, that they may reproduce inside the home and cause an infestation.

Maybe something like this would work.  It's from Cabela's, which is pricey, but there are other companies that make them and you could check other online places:

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=732769&type=product&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=Shopzilla&WT.z_mc_id1=732769&rid=40&mr:referralID=6fe476ba-0276-11e0-ad8e-001b2166c62d

Lectro-Kennel Mat at Cabela's
Lectro-Kennel Mat

This heated mat provides safe radiant heat that matches your pet's body temperature. The durable, sanitary ABS plastic pad has a built-in thermostat that works both outdoors and indoors. UL- approved electric cord is coil wrapped to prevent chewing. No moving parts ensures your pet's safety and requires no maintenance.
Sizes: Medium (22.5"L x 16.5"W), Large (28.5"L x 22.5"W).

Prices for these are $58.00-$78.00.  I don't shop at Cabela's myself, because they are too expensive, but I think if you spent some time on the web looking around, you could find a electric pet mat that would keep your kitty warm at a better price.  When I was caring for tiny orphaned kittens, I used to fill water bottles with hot water and cover them with socks and roll them into the bed with blankets for warmth. 

Also, I would consider using straw (not hay) instead of leaves as insulation.  Cleaner and better smelling.   

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #757 on: December 07, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »

For anyone interested. They arrested Christina Priem in the Sylar Newton case. I just posted in his thread.

2 4 1
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #758 on: December 08, 2010, 01:17:34 AM »

Hey Monkeys

I'm looking for some WOW holiday goodies - anybody have some recipes they would like to share????????  Something out of the ordinary that will be a major hit at a goodie exchange.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: December 08, 2010, 01:53:17 AM »

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/cartoon.asp

Thanks, Bee!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.