April 23, 2024, 10:27:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 263642 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #860 on: December 16, 2010, 11:41:21 PM »

Hi GE, you ready for Christmas?   I haven't even started baking, cleaning or wrapping.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #861 on: December 16, 2010, 11:43:36 PM »

I made Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls for my son a week ago (I was still cleaning splatters today!) and that's it. I cooked enough for an army at Thanksgiving and sent enough home for everyone to eat for a week!

Last year, I tried something different and it worked well so we're doing it again this year. I grilled steaks and fixed King Crab Legs. My future DIL loves Crab Legs, and so do John and I. My son loves steak and so does a friend who always comes for Christmas, so that's Christmas Dinner! In the end it doesn't cost any more than Turkey with all the trimmings and it's MUCH easier to prepare, so it works for us!

I've been scouting the grocery store for the Crab Legs to be on sale............ no luck yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Daughter is making prime rib for Christmas eve dinner and I will do the turkey Christmas day. But the steak and crab legs sounds good. I know my kids would love the crab legs. I don't care for sea food but they all do.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #862 on: December 16, 2010, 11:43:41 PM »

Jackie? Are you ready for Christmas? How's your weather and what's your plans for Christmas?

Geez......... do you feel interrogated?  We're just catching up here!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #863 on: December 16, 2010, 11:46:03 PM »

Hi GE, you ready for Christmas?   I haven't even started baking, cleaning or wrapping.

I haven't started the baking either. The cleaning is on going with this crew. Will finish the warpping tomorrow while everyones at school. How you doing?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #864 on: December 16, 2010, 11:46:56 PM »

I made Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls for my son a week ago (I was still cleaning splatters today!) and that's it. I cooked enough for an army at Thanksgiving and sent enough home for everyone to eat for a week!

Last year, I tried something different and it worked well so we're doing it again this year. I grilled steaks and fixed King Crab Legs. My future DIL loves Crab Legs, and so do John and I. My son loves steak and so does a friend who always comes for Christmas, so that's Christmas Dinner! In the end it doesn't cost any more than Turkey with all the trimmings and it's MUCH easier to prepare, so it works for us!

I've been scouting the grocery store for the Crab Legs to be on sale............ no luck yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Daughter is making prime rib for Christmas eve dinner and I will do the turkey Christmas day. But the steak and crab legs sounds good. I know my kids would love the crab legs. I don't care for sea food but they all do.

Ohhhhhh, it's been SO long since I've fixed Prime Rib! Gosh....... it's so, so good!!! Have you ever brined a turkey? John's in charge of Turkey for Thanksgiving and he fixed it that way for the first time several years ago, and honestly.......... it's the best turkey I have ever tasted. I have a houseful at Thanksgiving and it keeps growing because of his Turkey!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #865 on: December 16, 2010, 11:47:35 PM »

Muffy!!      
crazybabyborg
« Reply #866 on: December 16, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »

OK, I know I saw that little bee buzz by.............   
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #867 on: December 16, 2010, 11:50:49 PM »

Hi CBB

No plans yet for Christmas, grandsons bday is the 23rd - so trying to get that put together.   Really slacking this year.

Perhaps I'll stop by GE's Christmas Eve and your house Christmas day - the food sounds terrific and I'm sure my invites were lost in the mail.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #868 on: December 16, 2010, 11:51:06 PM »

I tell you we have the funkest lights this year. Oldest grandson put them up all by him self. But they are up and he did a good job, even if they are not kind of mixed up with the color scheme.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #869 on: December 16, 2010, 11:54:21 PM »

I tell you we have the funkest lights this year. Oldest grandson put them up all by him self. But they are up and he did a good job, even if they are not kind of mixed up with the color scheme.

You're a good Grammy, GE! I'm sure he's proud of those lights!

Jackie! Don't you just hate having to figure out a B'day right on top of Christmas?? You must feel like you've really accomplished something when you get done shopping for him!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #870 on: December 16, 2010, 11:54:31 PM »

Hi CBB

No plans yet for Christmas, grandsons bday is the 23rd - so trying to get that put together.   Really slacking this year.

Perhaps I'll stop by GE's Christmas Eve and your house Christmas day - the food sounds terrific and I'm sure my invites were lost in the mail.

I am sure that it did. Come on down   Although you might want to wait and come down in May we are going to have 10 count them 10 In-Out here bye then Monkey Devil!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #871 on: December 16, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »

Hi CBB

Did you see the pics of my ice storm? NR outdid me with several feet of snow.....   Rolling Eyes   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #872 on: December 16, 2010, 11:57:07 PM »

Ohhhhhh, it's been SO long since I've fixed Prime Rib! Gosh....... it's so, so good!!! Have you ever brined a turkey? John's in charge of Turkey for Thanksgiving and he fixed it that way for the first time several years ago, and honestly.......... it's the best turkey I have ever tasted. I have a houseful at Thanksgiving and it keeps growing because of his Turkey!   

No I haven't how does he do it?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #873 on: December 16, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »

Hi CBB

Hey! How come you haven't gotten dressed for Christmas??? Hmmmm??? Are you being Scrooge???   
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #874 on: December 16, 2010, 11:59:37 PM »

Nothing wrong with some funkiness. Monkey Devil!  I wonder if he will be as eager to take them down?  
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #875 on: December 17, 2010, 12:00:19 AM »

Hi CBB

Hey! How come you haven't gotten dressed for Christmas??? Hmmmm??? Are you being Scrooge???   

I'm that lazy 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #876 on: December 17, 2010, 12:01:33 AM »

No I haven't how does he do it?

Here's the link for brining a turkey. It's easier........... cooks a lot quicker and GE, I'm telling you, do it once and you'll never fix it any other way. Emeril uses different stuff in the brine, and either is really good. This link is good with the process:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe/index.html
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #877 on: December 17, 2010, 12:01:45 AM »

Hi CBB

Thats so hard when they have birthdays aound Christmas. You don't want them to feel cheated but it is hard with Christmas right the corner. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #878 on: December 17, 2010, 12:03:27 AM »

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Christmas/Jackie5.gif

Here, Jackie! Get dressed! Welcome to Christmas!!   
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #879 on: December 17, 2010, 12:04:18 AM »

Hi CBB

I am sure that it did. Come on down   Although you might want to wait and come down in May we are going to have 10 count them 10 In-Out here bye then Monkey Devil!

10??????
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.