April 27, 2024, 08:36:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 263780 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2010, 05:45:16 AM »

Sorry I missed Dana last night.  Thank you Dana for the work you do and the great guests you feature on your show!
Became engrossed in the last televised Mayoralty debate before our election next Monday.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2010, 05:48:15 AM »

Belated Happy birthday to the cub!  and soon he's going to Disney world.  Yay! 
Love Disney world.  It was years ago when my kids were little.  Think I enjoyed it more than my kids.  It was magical! - such a happy place to be.
Do they still have the magic light parade?  It was my favorite thing!

Thanks, Can!  Your wishes are not belated.  It was after midnight here when I wrote that.  Today is his birthday.

We have never been to Disney before, so everything is new to us.  I can't wait for the magic you describe.  My son's class will be going for their trip next year.  He is definitely nervous about next year, so this may be his Graduation field trip.  Due to developmental disabilities, he does not graduate until the year he turns 21.  He gets a 'fake' diploma next year (or so they tell me).

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2010, 05:55:13 AM »

Sorry I missed Dana last night.  Thank you Dana for the work you do and the great guests you feature on your show!
Became engrossed in the last televised Mayoralty debate before our election next Monday.

Dana is great!

Dana 'between the sheets' is a wonderful way to make that up.  His voice is so soothing, he is a pleasure to listen to, he also lets his guests speak, and no one yells 'bombshell.'  It is an interview and not a war zone.  Dana is a delight, whether you listen to him live or 'under the covers.'

I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2010, 05:59:18 AM »

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Everyone is so cheery here, that I hate to post it and get people in a sad mood. But... this is something in my mind that I wish to "unload" on you guys/gals.

The other day I was reading in a thread and someone mentioned feeling depressed over current cases of missing children.

More than once I have also read of people in tears while discussing cases, or looking at heart-wrenching posts or pictures.

I gotta share something with yahs.

I started discussing current real-crime cases online back in 2005, in America's Most Wanted community forum. At first I found it interesting, and I was excited to offer my opinion regarding such horrible things as missing people, or serial killers.

But, there came the time, after about a year, in which (without my realizing it) I became very depressed and I was in a state of constant emotional upset.

I found myself in tears while discussing cases, and real-crime cases were in my mind through all waking hours. I found myself recreating crimes in my mind at any time during the day.

In summary, it was just overwhelming.

When I realized that, I decided (for my own sanity) to take a break from the computer.

I went to Disney World for 5 days, to relax. After the second day there I found myself desperately seeking a computer connection to see if there were news on a missing child or if one of the serial killers had been caught.

I realized then that I was both addicted and emotionally affected by my involvement with the cases, and I needed help.

After that I started taking steps to ease the emotional toll of discussing the cases online.

First off, I stopped posting in AMW in 2008, mainly because discussing criminals is (to me) more overwhelming than discussing missing children. AMW has gone downhill since then, so I don't miss it.

I take breaks from the computer to ease the nerves. Trips to the movie theater, shopping, talking with family and neighbors. I have my computer connected mainly all day, but I don't get into it unless I'm feeling like it.

After I've seen what a missing child looks like, I do not look at his/her face again. It unnerves me so, to look into the face (particularly the eyes) of a missing child, knowing that he/she may be dead. It just hurts too much.

Let me summarize that some of the missing children cases are so horrible that immersing in them does cause major depression... specially if one is pron to depression in the first place.

I felt that I had to say this.

Remember, a missing child case needs clear and sharp monkey minds, not emotional wrecked monkeys.

God be.

Very Happy

ItarylM.  I hear ya!  (Served on a jury.  A liitle girl lost her life.  It haunts you even in your dreams.  The needless loss of a child is heartbreaking and incomprehensible. Always.) 
Thank you for your caring. 
Stepping back from time to time for balance is a good thing.
Always enjoy YOUR clear and sharp monkey mind!    
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2010, 06:11:30 AM »

Love Disney world.  It was years ago when my kids were little.  Think I enjoyed it more than my kids.  It was magical! - such a happy place to be.

Thanks, Can!  Your wishes are not belated.  It was after midnight here when I wrote that.  Today is his birthday.

We have never been to Disney before, so everything is new to us.  I can't wait for the magic you describe.  My son's class will be going for their trip next year.  He is definitely nervous about next year, so this may be his Graduation field trip.  Due to developmental disabilities, he does not graduate until the year he turns 21.  He gets a 'fake' diploma next year (or so they tell me).

Happy Birthday to you,  Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear cub-ee, Happy Birthday to you!!!

Bearly you will be taken back in time...you'll meet Micky Mouse...you will sing...and feel young again.  At least, I hope you will!

What a great introduction for the cub to assist in his preparedness for next
years' school trip.

Bless you Bearly!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2010, 06:15:51 AM »

Dana is great!

Dana 'between the sheets' is a wonderful way to make that up.  His voice is so soothing, he is a pleasure to listen to, he also lets his guests speak, and no one yells 'bombshell.'  It is an interview and not a war zone.  Dana is a delight, whether you listen to him live or 'under the covers.'

I noted but chose to ignore "under the covers" comment.
I wonder why!? . . . 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: October 20, 2010, 06:20:19 AM »

So, our  JSM is getting married.     I must go and congratulate her.   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: October 20, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »

Happy Birthday to you,  Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear cub-ee, Happy Birthday to you!!!

Bearly you will be taken back in time...you'll meet Micky Mouse...you will sing...and feel young again.  At least, I hope you will!

What a great introduction for the cub to assist in his preparedness for next
years' school trip.

Bless you Bearly!

Thanks, Can, and bless you, too!

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2010, 08:39:37 AM »

Sorry I missed Dana last night.  Thank you Dana for the work you do and the great guests you feature on your show!

Dana is great!

Dana 'between the sheets' is a wonderful way to make that up.  His voice is so soothing, he is a pleasure to listen to, he also lets his guests speak, and no one yells 'bombshell.'  It is an interview and not a war zone.  Dana is a delight, whether you listen to him live or 'under the covers.'

I wonder why!? . . .  

I am under the covers, Dana is recorded.  Why?  What were you thinking?

His voice is like hypnotherapy, you need to experience it with your eyes closed, try it, you will see what I mean.  I could listen to him for hours on end, especially after a bad day.

Do you know Dana personally?

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:58:11 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2010, 08:40:22 AM »

So, our  JSM is getting married.     I must go and congratulate her.   

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2010, 03:39:03 PM »

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/25447521/detail.html?source=lnta

Dog Adopts Kitten
Ellie Takes Care Of Angie As If She Were Her Own

by Ray Arzate, CBS Atlanta Reporter

POSTED: 9:31 pm EDT October 19, 2010
UPDATED: 10:52 am EDT October 20, 2010

ATLANTA -- Ellie, just like any good watchdog, takes care of her owners. Now she's taking care of a kitten, as well.

Two weeks ago, Ellie found a friend in the back yard, a kitten by the name of Angie.

Since then, she has mothered Angie as if she was her own, including nursing and feeding her.

Ellie and Angie even have their own Facebook page.

So what's next for Ellie and Angie? Ellie's owners, Camille Henry and Mariryan Heschmeyer, say the cat is there to stay.

an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2010, 08:39:05 PM »

Dana is great!

I wonder why!? . . . 

I am under the covers, Dana is recorded.  Why?  What were you thinking?

His voice is like hypnotherapy, you need to experience it with your eyes closed, try it, you will see what I mean.  I could listen to him for hours on end, especially after a bad day.

Do you know Dana personally?

I don't know Dana personally Bearly - but I appreciate his program...
and his beautiful voice, although maybe not quite as much as you do! 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: October 21, 2010, 06:19:11 AM »

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/25447521/detail.html?source=lnta

Dog Adopts Kitten
Ellie Takes Care Of Angie As If She Were Her Own

by Ray Arzate, CBS Atlanta Reporter

POSTED: 9:31 pm EDT October 19, 2010
UPDATED: 10:52 am EDT October 20, 2010

ATLANTA -- Ellie, just like any good watchdog, takes care of her owners. Now she's taking care of a kitten, as well.

Two weeks ago, Ellie found a friend in the back yard, a kitten by the name of Angie.

Since then, she has mothered Angie as if she was her own, including nursing and feeding her.

Ellie and Angie even have their own Facebook page.

So what's next for Ellie and Angie? Ellie's owners, Camille Henry and Mariryan Heschmeyer, say the cat is there to stay.

an angelic monkey

How lovely! 

I think this is a nice segue into the topic of another dog we know.  The Petey Fan Club has been waiting patiently for auto-paw-graphs and 8 by 10 glossies!  We need a fix!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2010, 08:35:22 AM »

Today is Natalee's Bday.

Please light some candles for the Birthday Girl!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5700.0

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #254 on: October 22, 2010, 01:45:32 AM »

Evening Or Early Morning Miss Bearly

How did Cub Bears Birthday go? Hope he had a wonderful time. That you both got lots of Cake and ice cream.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: October 22, 2010, 02:39:05 AM »

Evening Or Early Morning Miss Bearly

How did Cub Bears Birthday go? Hope he had a wonderful time. That you both got lots of Cake and ice cream.

Very nice, thank you!

We saw Red (the movie, not the Monkey), went to Uno's, Barnes and Noble, and had cake.

I believe in miracles!
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #256 on: October 22, 2010, 08:18:46 AM »

I just wanted to update everyone on Champ's improving condition. They have done such a wonderful job with him at Alaqua Animal Rescue. He has gain so much weight and even now has a pretty glow to his coat. Here is the most current picture of him taken on 10/13/10. He is a pretty boy.

When he was first rescued

The newest pic can't believe this is the same horse.

You go Champ! 

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2010, 06:26:30 PM »

Good grief, LD1!  I bet he thinks he dies and went to heaven.  I cannot believe someone would treat another living being that way.  Why?  What would make someone do that?

Go, Champ, Go!

I believe in miracles!
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #258 on: October 23, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »

Good grief, LD1!  I bet he thinks he dies and went to heaven.  I cannot believe someone would treat another living being that way.  Why?  What would make someone do that?

Go, Champ, Go!

I can't answer that question because I don't know. Champ is doing so wonderful in the care of the rescue. He has added so much weight and what a pretty coat he is wearing now.

I bet underneath there lives the heart of a hero. He will end up in a loving home where he will be number one in their lives. He will be someones most wonderful furkid. Now he just needs his own little child who will reach up and put their little arms around his neck and hug him. That is my boys favorite thing. To speak to babies and feel their little arms around his neck.

Just looking at that first picture makes me cry for the horror he lived through. But to see the new Champ no ones would recognize him as the same horse if they didn't know. What a beautiful soul he is.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »

I just wanted to update everyone on Champ's improving condition. They have done such a wonderful job with him at Alaqua Animal Rescue. He has gain so much weight and even now has a pretty glow to his coat. Here is the most current picture of him taken on 10/13/10. He is a pretty boy.

When he was first rescued

OMG!

I can't stand people who get animals and then don't take proper care of them. Why would the owner of the horse get him in the first place, if he was going to neglect him so bad? It's not like the horse missed one meal or a bath.

Thank to the generosity and care of others he was rescued and brought to health.

Such an extreme case of abuse like this makes me think that some of us are just wired wrong.

Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.