April 24, 2024, 07:26:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You guys are invited to an after the game party at IBE's  (Read 5834 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« on: February 05, 2007, 12:52:30 AM »

Been shopping (no people, no traffic) Heard the Colts won
You guys (Mid-western generic for "you-all) are invited to an after the game party at IBE's Laughing  Laughing  
Featured guests are all Scared Monkeys, including Justinsmon and IndyDan plus all Hoosiers and transplanted Hoosiers.
My dog and cat want me to especially tell you that pets are welcome! (OH, they are tired of me?)

On the menu as it comes out of the grocery bags... White Castles, cokes, Kaukauna Double Sharp cheese ball with nuts (the last one they had of any cheese with nuts) fresh blueberries, fresh raspberries (I splurged for company!). wheat thins, Velvetta cheese-- the midwest never leaves, Pace mild sausa, cheese crackers, a Mexican cheese with hot peppers, Brie, (opps splurged some more and more), milk, more cokes, Peach ice cream for Peaches and Elaine, my sourthern friends and all who like peaches, more crackers, Organic yogurt, tofu blintzes (bought frozen warmed in microwave if in a hurry). more White Castles

Extras for company... some pep up tea and some tea for sleep so to get out of our funk lately

For breakfast;; more White Castles  Laughing , mango, passion grnola, grits, oatmeal, mush, milk Each one can fry their own eggs, bacon, sausage to their taste! (Hostess wants to party with you)

For our pets: Trader Joe's Peanut Butter Flavor Treats (really molassess based), pet food with Yogurt and a trip to our new city dog park. Cats can watch, I guess.

Drinks: milk, juices including Aronia Berry (***), coffee and tea Oh, I spurged on some Pumpkin Ale!! For desert any berries that make it to then, plus Elaine's peach drink.

Aronia Berry is a native Indiana-Midwestern sour berry that didn't go over well, but I grew up on them. Plants shipped to Germany, became very popular in Europe and now is the "rage" here.

Found it once at Costco's five years ago. Searched Internet since then; now sold at Trader Joe's in CA. It's bitter so can get used to it or mix it with apple juice or something sweet.

Has more antioxidents and v-c than cranberry, pomgranete
(sp?) Plants can be bought on eBay from a nursery in Ohio. Can't be shipped to CA, so may have to get to you "the round about way) shipped bar root and can be in your basement or garage now in cold weather.

Let me know if you are on your way... Laughing  Laughing may be not enough room in the mobile home and we will have to expand to the rec room Laughing  Laughing or the laundry room! (Hide the ale!)

Keep up the good work, Monkeys Love IBE

Am not too far from LAX so can get there for our Aussy friends and those arriving that way. Rolling Eyes   Rolling Eyes  Curb pickup only!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:31:47 AM »

Hi IBE!  I can't stay long just wanted to stop in and say hello!

Tell me more about this Aronia Berry, does it taste like anything else you can think of?  What color are the berrys?
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 01:53:57 AM »

<==== Sneaking a Pumpkin Ale on the way out

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 03:28:18 AM »

Hey IBE  Save me some leftovers.  My aircraft held up at Mascot airport but should take off again in half an hour.  The cheeses sound yummy and I must try the pumpkin ale.  Remember the time when we made our own Ginger Beer and Rhubarb champagne.  Had to tie the corks on the bottles or they would go off usually in the middle of the night. By the way - what are White Castles?
I love raspberries - out of season here now so save me some please.
Interested to know what the Aronia Berry is.  A friend of ours is trying out a crop of Myrtus Berries which are a native Chilean plant and if successful he is going to call them Tazziberry.  Have not tasted them yet.
The sweeping can wait tonight. (don't tell Lala's I said that)   I don't understand your football but what the heck, I enjoy a party.  See you soon.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 03:52:37 AM »

Thanks..

White Castles are a tradition in Indiana and maybe other places in the Midwest US. I'll go into the trash and dig out the box

They are little hambergers... and I mean little. They taste really good... Alturist says we need to wrap them in double papertowels so they won't get mushy when we heat them. Will see if I can find a home page on them.

Love the idea of rubarb and the other

I live in an area of CA where "pops" in the night are not liquor... that and earthquakes.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 07:45:13 AM »

*burp*  Shocked  Embarassed Pardon me! Thanx for the post game party, IBE!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 12:35:38 PM »

Gosh I missed the party altogether. Sad

Hope you all had fun.  Smile

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 06:55:09 PM »

That Pumpkin Beer was pretty tasty, thank you!

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 07:25:07 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
Gosh I missed the party altogether. Sad

Hope you all had fun.  Smile

I missed it too pdh3 and I love a good party. Sounds like a good one too since it was an all nighter.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 07:27:19 PM »

My throat got sore from yowling to get in.Your trash had some good leftovers.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 07:30:41 PM »

IBE I forgot to mention, I lived in Indianapolis many, many years ago in my single days.

I loved White Castle hamburgers. It was a good thing. Sometimes that was all the money my sis and I had. I think they were 10 cents each back then. My hubby hates them. LOL

Just a swinging with the tribe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.