April 25, 2024, 08:11:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #17 6/21/10 - 7/08/10  (Read 453975 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2480 on: July 04, 2010, 07:05:43 PM »

Just checking in to see about Kyron...what a mess.
we have company.a little 10 year old boy that fishes with hubby sometimes.
His dad is next door at a big cookout and this little one gravitated to our house.
we are having pigs in a blanket and pizza.LOL,and playing Wii.
I wouldn't let him walk back and forth  down the street without keeping my eyes on him the whole time.Too many people in and out around here this weekend.
BBQ later tonight and fireworks.I think I will watch from my deck.(that way i can be covert) Smile
Off to catch up on Kyron.

Wow Trimm that sounds fun. I bet they are acting all kinds of crazy.

Brandi that sounds yummy. Have a  good time.

NRCG You and hubby have a nice quiet BBQ.

Northern Rose  I agree with you the school messed up. I think it was planned knowing all the confusion that would happen that day with the science fair. IMO  I know when we would have any event at school it was hard to keep track of all the kids. But we always knew where the kids were. Even the ones using the rest rooms.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2481 on: July 04, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »

I'm still waiting for the grill to be ready to put those darn burgers on it. Hope everyone is enjoying their 4th of July feast. It is so quiet in the neighborhood today, but I'll bet later on it will get noisy.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2482 on: July 04, 2010, 07:48:40 PM »

His dad is next door at a big cookout and this little one gravitated to our house.
I wouldn't let him walk back and forth  down the street without keeping my eyes on him the whole time.Too many people in and out around here this weekend.
BBQ later tonight and fireworks.I think I will watch from my deck.(that way i can be covert) Smile

Northern Rose  I agree with you the school messed up. I think it was planned knowing all the confusion that would happen that day with the science fair. IMO  I know when we would have any event at school it was hard to keep track of all the kids. But we always knew where the kids were. Even the ones using the rest rooms.

GE that is the other thing I can not wrap my mind around.  I have volunteered with all 4 of my kids and still do with the younger ones.  It was reported that the kids were breaking into small groups to visit the science fair that day, that means there had to be volunteers.  You volunteer, you show up, you get a list of kids that are assigned to you and the kids gather around you.  Why did that volunteer not notice Kyron was not there when the kids were told which volunteer they were grouped with? Why did the teacher not notice yet again that Kyron was not there?  Sure the teacher could have told the volunteer he was in the bathroom.  In that case you stand there and wait for the child to show up and then take your group and do what ever you are doing.  So after 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes, the volunteer would have realized Kyron was not coming. Send another boy into the bathroom, to look for him or go to the teacher and tell them.  Either way the result would have been no Kyron and action would have been taken to find him This is all not making sense around the school and how he could not have been missed all day. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2483 on: July 04, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »

That's another thing Northern, it is almost like Kyron blended into the woodwork, and people weren't that concerned for him. I'm beginning to think, that he was seen leaving that school with Terri, and we have just not heard this yet. Otherwise, the incompetent teachers and volunteers seems just unbelievable. Soon our burgers will be ready  LOL
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2484 on: July 04, 2010, 08:03:05 PM »

GE that is the other thing I can not wrap my mind around.  I have volunteered with all 4 of my kids and still do with the younger ones.  It was reported that the kids were breaking into small groups to visit the science fair that day, that means there had to be volunteers.  You volunteer, you show up, you get a list of kids that are assigned to you and the kids gather around you.  Why did that volunteer not notice Kyron was not there when the kids were told which volunteer they were grouped with? Why did the teacher not notice yet again that Kyron was not there?  Sure the teacher could have told the volunteer he was in the bathroom.  In that case you stand there and wait for the child to show up and then take your group and do what ever you are doing.  So after 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes, the volunteer would have realized Kyron was not coming. Send another boy into the bathroom, to look for him or go to the teacher and tell them.  Either way the result would have been no Kyron and action would have been taken to find him This is all not making sense around the school and how he could not have been missed all day. 

I have thought the same thing. I don't understand any of it. You are right something is wrong with the schools policy's about watching out for the kids. It sounds to me like the kids could just run around and no one paid any attention the what was going on. I understand things happen but he should have been noticed missing with in 20 minutes. This school needs to be investigated on how they run their school. IMO  Even in the little school I worked at we had monthly meetings about how to improve our policies to insure the kids safety.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2485 on: July 04, 2010, 08:10:01 PM »

Well we have eaten and I am ready to bust. I feel like a nap now. LOL Still got a couple hours until they shoot their fireworks.  Have lots of left overs as the kids filled them selves up with all the snack stuff earlier. So I wont have to cook for a couple days. Works for me. LOL

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2486 on: July 04, 2010, 08:40:38 PM »

Well we have eaten and I am ready to bust. I feel like a nap now. LOL Still got a couple hours until they shoot their fireworks.  Have lots of left overs as the kids filled them selves up with all the snack stuff earlier. So I wont have to cook for a couple days. Works for me. LOL
Good for you, and I bet it was all good.  Us, this has turned into one of our projects that goes on and on and on. Sat down, started eating the burger, I said look it is still raw, so put it on again, and still not cooked proper. Now we have a pie pan over the burgers waiting and praying to eat them.  LOL My husband said another five minutes, so that will mean another 15 minutes, at least it is nice out and not hot.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2487 on: July 04, 2010, 08:53:48 PM »

That's another thing Northern, it is almost like Kyron blended into the woodwork, and people weren't that concerned for him. I'm beginning to think, that he was seen leaving that school with Terri, and we have just not heard this yet. Otherwise, the incompetent teachers and volunteers seems just unbelievable. Soon our burgers will be ready  LOL

Even when a parent takes their own child out of school we have to go to the office and write in a log book name of child, time out , where he is going (eg dental appoint, not feeling well, etc,) and then sign who took him out, all under the watchful eye of the secretary at the desk.  It has been that way since my oldest was in elementary school and he is 25 now.  The school then can count heads if there is an emergency such as fire etc to see lf a child is left in the building or unaccounted for.  I can not believe that someone can stroll into a school and not sign their child out.  There is more about the school or there would have been a lawsuit by now and other parents would be screaming very loudly. 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2488 on: July 04, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »

Even when a parent takes their own child out of school we have to go to the office and write in a log book name of child, time out , where he is going (eg dental appoint, not feeling well, etc,) and then sign who took him out, all under the watchful eye of the secretary at the desk.  It has been that way since my oldest was in elementary school and he is 25 now.  The school then can count heads if there is an emergency such as fire etc to see lf a child is left in the building or unaccounted for.  I can not believe that someone can stroll into a school and not sign their child out.  There is more about the school or there would have been a lawsuit by now and other parents would be screaming very loudly. 

Even when my oldest was in school that was years ago. I couldn't go take him from school either without going to the office and signing him out. In Calif. unless you are on their emergency card you can't sign them up or pick them up while school is in session.  Exactly with their not knowing who was there how you they suppose to know who is there in case of an emergency. You are right something is up with the school. I can't believe not one parent has voiced any concerns about the schools policies other wise.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2489 on: July 04, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »

Good for you, and I bet it was all good.  Us, this has turned into one of our projects that goes on and on and on. Sat down, started eating the burger, I said look it is still raw, so put it on again, and still not cooked proper. Now we have a pie pan over the burgers waiting and praying to eat them.  LOL My husband said another five minutes, so that will mean another 15 minutes, at least it is nice out and not hot.

Well dang it. I hate when that happens. Hopefully you have gotten to eat your burger by now. They are out shooting off their firecrackers and smoke bombs. When they finish with those I will go out and watch. I don't know why they like the smoke bombs so much but they sure do. LOL

If I don't catch you before you call it a night. Have a good night and will see you in the morning.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2490 on: July 04, 2010, 09:30:55 PM »

Hope everyone has a fun 4th
Took my little dog(Furby) to the vet for an evaluation and her CHF is much improved. I'm lucky he is opened 7 days a week 365 days a year. Then we went to my sisters' place for lunch and back home to put the donks away in the barn and sedate the dogs before the gun fire starts. It seems everyone in the county owns a gun and feel they must fire them on the 4th.
My one sister that had the emergency surgery is much improved so I won't have to take care of their animals and yard anymore. Thank God they only have 12 acres , now I am so far behind here I'll be working on my place every day for the next week.

No Rose love your pictures, the colours are unbelievable!

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2491 on: July 04, 2010, 09:42:24 PM »

Took my little dog(Furby) to the vet for an evaluation and her CHF is much improved. I'm lucky he is opened 7 days a week 365 days a year. Then we went to my sisters' place for lunch and back home to put the donks away in the barn and sedate the dogs before the gun fire starts. It seems everyone in the county owns a gun and feel they must fire them on the 4th.
My one sister that had the emergency surgery is much improved so I won't have to take care of their animals and yard anymore. Thank God they only have 12 acres , now I am so far behind here I'll be working on my place every day for the next week.

Hi 4 Donks! Glad to hear your sister and Furby are doing better!

When we lived in the country, everyone had guns also, and fired them on any occasion, including Christmas. LOL

Hope you have a pleasant evening!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2492 on: July 04, 2010, 09:57:19 PM »

Hi 4 Donks! Glad to hear your sister and Furby are doing better!

When we lived in the country, everyone had guns also, and fired them on any occasion, including Christmas. LOL

Hope you have a pleasant evening!

Brandi...I love your Baez/Lyon picture.  You're soooo talented.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2493 on: July 04, 2010, 09:57:52 PM »

Even when my oldest was in school that was years ago. I couldn't go take him from school either without going to the office and signing him out. In Calif. unless you are on their emergency card you can't sign them up or pick them up while school is in session.  Exactly with their not knowing who was there how you they suppose to know who is there in case of an emergency. You are right something is up with the school. I can't believe not one parent has voiced any concerns about the schools policies other wise.
I have been trying to remember all this, and I can't recall. I know that I would have to write a note when they went back to school from being sick, and I do believe I would have to call the school when they weren't going to be there.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2494 on: July 04, 2010, 09:59:21 PM »

Well dang it. I hate when that happens. Hopefully you have gotten to eat your burger by now. They are out shooting off their firecrackers and smoke bombs. When they finish with those I will go out and watch. I don't know why they like the smoke bombs so much but they sure do. LOL

If I don't catch you before you call it a night. Have a good night and will see you in the morning.
I'm glad the kids are having so much fun, always so much fun when I was little. Have a great night. Yes, finally the burgers were done  LOL  and then we sat with dessert and fruit and coffee watching the birds at the feeder.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2495 on: July 04, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »

So glad to hear about Furby, and your sister, what a relief. Glad you had a good 4th. We don't have gunfire here, but the firecrackers are going full steam.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2496 on: July 04, 2010, 10:04:11 PM »

Northern, when I first heard this case, my first reaction was why did the parents not know he was not in school until the bus got to Kyron's stop after school? I felt the same as you. Why didn't they get a phone call from the school reporting that he was not there???

Well, I found this, dated June 6.

PORTLAND, Ore. – Portland School Superintendent Carol Smith spoke publicly for the first time since the disappearance of a Skyline Elementary School student at a scheduled 3:30 p.m. press conference Sunday.

"The reported disappearance from one of our schools is unprecedented," she said, "and deeply troubling."

As such, changes are being made in how the school treats visitors.

Beginning Monday, everyone entering Skyline Elementary School will be asked to sign in. A team composed of school security services, members of the teacher's association and other related parties also will look into safety procedures for releasing children as they leave school.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/95734359.html

The school was believably wreckless if you ask me. And still, they never mentioned informing a parent when thier child is not at school!!!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2497 on: July 04, 2010, 10:14:02 PM »

The reason I get freaky about the gun fire is the old what goes up must come down and they don't think about it. When I lived in FL some kids were shooting into the air and the bullet fell down and hit a young girl on the top of her head and killed her. I worry about the donks that's why I'm here and have them locked away.
I'm not afraid of guns,in fact I carry a 38 when I'm out by the fences or the ponds ( we have copperheads and cotton mouths in those areas) and I am afraid of snakes. I keep it loaded with verment rounds  also called shot shells.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2498 on: July 04, 2010, 10:31:44 PM »

The reason I get freaky about the gun fire is the old what goes up must come down and they don't think about it. When I lived in FL some kids were shooting into the air and the bullet fell down and hit a young girl on the top of her head and killed her. I worry about the donks that's why I'm here and have them locked away.
I'm not afraid of guns,in fact I carry a 38 when I'm out by the fences or the ponds ( we have copperheads and cotton mouths in those areas) and I am afraid of snakes. I keep it loaded with verment rounds  also called shot shells.
I never could understand why people can't figure out that if you shoot a gun into the air the bullet has to go somewhere. An innocent child like you just posted died, because of ignorance. I am afraid of guns, I have never touched a gun, I will never touch a gun. Matter of fact I would never allow my kids to play with any type of toy guns including water pistols. That is how I feel, and I feel strongly about it, and will never change my stance. On the other hand I say nothing about people who own guns and are responsible gun owners. I'm going to check out Kyron's thread, and then lay down until firework watching from the balcony. Hope everyone has a good night. See you in the morning.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2499 on: July 04, 2010, 10:34:28 PM »

I hear ya. We lived with a large field in front of our house and people would shoot for turkeys or doves during their season, and were too close to our house. Many times, our house was pelted by shotgun pellets. We only had an inside dog, so there was no worry about animals being hurt, but it was annoying and illegal for them to shoot so close to an inhabited building.

How awful about that young girl.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.