April 19, 2024, 04:07:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #17 6/21/10 - 7/08/10  (Read 453388 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #560 on: June 23, 2010, 10:14:44 PM »

nite all! talk to you all tomorrow sometime..'
I hope that tomorrow brings good things to all of you!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #561 on: June 23, 2010, 10:14:50 PM »

Whew here it comes ...... The Lightening in the sky ..

Flashing bright white/blue through my windows .. Weather said this early am - to expect " Storms" in my area throughout the day. Never saw anything till just now.

Waiting ..for the Leprechauns to start bowling ..... its been very strange today, humid dreary this am, hot and moisture felt *which is not normal, and then bright Sunny after 7pm ..now its " Grinding UP" at 10 pm... what Mother nature has brewing on her stove .. I don't have a clue.   
I guess I will find out soon enough. 

Hope all Monkeys are Safe - if they are in the pathways of " Weather" to be strange - seems it is to be ..just that ..no warning.  Nature at its finest.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #562 on: June 23, 2010, 10:15:30 PM »

nite all! talk to you all tomorrow sometime..'
I hope that tomorrow brings good things to all of you!
Nite Cookie - Blessing you back

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #563 on: June 23, 2010, 10:36:12 PM »

Peeks carefully into the room, looking for any lil bearded lizards scampering happily about.  Razz

Hi everyone! 

Thank you so much Deenie!  <hugs>

And everyone else, thank you so much for the well wishes and prayers, etc.  <hugs>

Yeppers, our lil village had a 'mini' tornado, the siren didn't even go off.  No injuries, and certainly no deaths, thank the good Lord!  About half the homes here are working farms, with livestock, horses, as well as farm dogs, pets, etc.  No reports of any injured or lost animals either.  Well, we did lose one of our busily tended bird nests, sigh. 

Thankfully, sons and gf had gotten safely home from work (2nd shifters), and our neighbor and his daughter, along with all our dogs/cats, hunkered down in the basement for the night.  It was..... an experience I don't want to repeat anytime soon.  Imagining what 'could be happening out there' can certainly be worse than what actually is. 

It was very surreal yesterday morning, stepping out into what seemed like a world gone topsy-turvy.  We're still cleaning up the community, and it's exhausting.  Just stopped for a lil break, and think I'm done for the day. 

About twenty-five homes in our village.  One had major damage from the tree that came down on it.  Some minor damage.  Our house had minor damage to the back door, but that's all.  Three of our huge old trees split (widthwise), about halfway up.  Thank goodness nothing was in the way when they fell.  Not the house, vehicles or fence, etc.  Two of our three brand new trees are gone, just uprooted and gone!  The one baby tree still proudly stands, puny lil dinky thing survived while massive-round trees snapped in half like matchsticks? 

One of our wrought iron deck chairs was lifted out of our fenced backyard and about a quarter mile down the road!!!  ????  Very strange how wind alone could do such things. 

Our eight roads that go out to the main roads are cleared, our yards are all cleared of branches.  Nice how everyone chips in and helps each other out in this place, helps til it's all done.  Not even one person (that we know of) sat back and didn't pitch in.  Kids were having fun picking up the smallest of the branches from all the yards. 

Today we sorted thru tons of various things, helping to return them to whomever had claimed them.  Stuff like garbage cans, outside chairs and tables, rakes, birdhouses, plastic swimming pools, etc etc.  Whatever hadn't been nailed down, basically.  There's still much of that at the community center, for when owners realize where the heck is my ..... ??  They can go there and will likely find it.  Razz 

We have a huge clearing where all the branches and debris has been put (with the help of the tractors etc). They are going to have a big bonfire later on to take care of all that.   

Tomorrow we do another assessment of minor damage to the different houses and outbuildings.  Then folks intend to go house by house and help each other with the repairs.  Amazing people out here!  Very Happy 

The other good news is that no harm was done to any corn in the village that is about a foot high.  Yeehaw!  And my strawberries and apple tree hunkered down and made it thru as well!  mwahaha!

Last year there was a huge tornado that hit the nearest town, taking the roof off the IAMS doggy food plant there.  This was nothing like that, thank goodness. 

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.. Much appreciated! 

<hugs> to all !!

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #564 on: June 23, 2010, 10:43:49 PM »

Speaking of doggies.....

The FDA has a RECALL for:

Pro-Pet Adult Daily Vitamin Supplement for Dogs

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm216903.htm

Pro-Pet Vitamins, sold at places like Walmart.  Exactly the ones that I give Neiko.   Sad 

Laboratory testing has revealed that one Lot of this vitamin product was contaminated with Salmonella.

The product comes in 100-count white plastic bottles with a light blue label, and UPC code 26851-01800. 

If you have any of these, check out the full info at the link above, stop giving them to your dog for now, call your vet, and take back container to where you bought them. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #565 on: June 23, 2010, 10:46:19 PM »

Flashing bright white/blue through my windows .. Weather said this early am - to expect " Storms" in my area throughout the day. Never saw anything till just now.

Waiting ..for the Leprechauns to start bowling ..... its been very strange today, humid dreary this am, hot and moisture felt *which is not normal, and then bright Sunny after 7pm ..now its " Grinding UP" at 10 pm... what Mother nature has brewing on her stove .. I don't have a clue.   

Hope all Monkeys are Safe - if they are in the pathways of " Weather" to be strange - seems it is to be ..just that ..no warning.  Nature at its finest.

Oh nooooooo Deenie!!  Be safe!! 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: June 23, 2010, 10:48:36 PM »

Not sure you saw this, and I wanted to post it right away while I feel you might still be here, Wyks.

I made and posted this earlier today before we heard about your weather disaster!

Hope you are doing ok, and I'll read your posts now!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #567 on: June 23, 2010, 10:53:10 PM »

Wyks  I am so glad you and your community are alright. I am sure it's not something any of us want to go though. Glad you had a basement to go too.  It does the heart good to hear about  the goodness of people. We don't hear nearly enough about the good things that happen.  Prayers to all.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #568 on: June 23, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »

Deenie be safe.  Lets hope it's just rain and nothing more. I have to smile when you say the thunder is Leprechauns bowling. My mom always said it was Gods Angels bowling. Stay safe. (((HUGS)))

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #569 on: June 23, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »

Not sure you saw this, and I wanted to post it right away while I feel you might still be here, Wyks.

I made and posted this earlier today before we heard about your weather disaster!

That is so cute Brandi ((HUGS))  Has it cooled down any for you tonight? It's going to be a long hot summer. Even with the air on between 3 - 6:30 it gets warm in the house. That and my thermostat seems to be stuck on hi these days.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: June 23, 2010, 11:31:12 PM »

That is so cute Brandi ((HUGS))  Has it cooled down any for you tonight? It's going to be a long hot summer. Even with the air on between 3 - 6:30 it gets warm in the house. That and my thermostat seems to be stuck on hi these days.

Hi GE!

Well, yes, it cooled down all the way to 81°. LOL Of course it is almost midnight. Wink

Yes, even with air on constantly and ceiling fans on, it is a bit warm, even in the house. I feel I shouldn't complain though. I do have all those cooling things, and I should be grateful. I feel so sorry for people who have to be outside all day.

Hope your day went well, GE.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #571 on: June 24, 2010, 12:03:15 AM »

Hi GE!

Well, yes, it cooled down all the way to 81°. LOL Of course it is almost midnight. Wink

Yes, even with air on constantly and ceiling fans on, it is a bit warm, even in the house. I feel I shouldn't complain though. I do have all those cooling things, and I should be grateful. I feel so sorry for people who have to be outside all day.

Ya same here. I think we going down to 78 tonight. LOL At one place I worked in Calif. the building was hot with no air just fans and it would get up to 120 inside. I made it though that. But I was way way younger. Had a good day. Got bathroom curtains made. Hope you have a good evening.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #572 on: June 24, 2010, 12:06:27 AM »

Brandi
I lovvvvvvvvvve it!!  Thank you so very much!  Very Happy  <hugs>

Green Eyes
Thank you so much!  Yessss, the goodness of others does do the heart good.  Smile  We are grateful for the basement, yes.  It's fully finished with 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a big TV area.  Oh and a stocked bar.  Razz 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #573 on: June 24, 2010, 12:09:01 AM »

Already thanked you for this, Brandi.  But I am sooooooo loving it, had to thank you again!!  Amazing how you can make the eyes blink!  Can you wave your magic wand over some unhousebroken pups?  <grins> 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: June 24, 2010, 12:09:55 AM »

Hi GE!

Ya same here. I think we going down to 78 tonight. LOL At one place I worked in Calif. the building was hot with no air just fans and it would get up to 120 inside. I made it though that. But I was way way younger. Had a good day. Got bathroom curtains made. Hope you have a good evening.

You have been industrious! I have not used my sewing machine in years, myself.

Husband is in the vending business, so he works outdoors a lot, and in a warehouse as well, with only fans. Poor baby!

I worked hard around the house today, in spurts, getting lots done. Feels good. Ordered pizza tonight since my kitchen was finally clean and it was too hot to cook. (Always a good excuse!)

Tomorrow though, the dreaded clean out the refrigerator day. I am afraid it has gotten out of control. I also need to get out and get some errands run, but they are calling for over 100° tomorrow, so I'll decide tomorrow if it is errand day Wink

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #575 on: June 24, 2010, 12:18:21 AM »

I did the errand thing today. I agree it's been to hot to cook. We have had a lot of sandwiches and quick and easy meals. Nothing fancy. I have to clean out the frig tomorrow too. With all of us here it doesn't take long for it to get full of left overs and bits and pieces of things.  Don't work to hard. If you can do your errands early or later. Take Care

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: June 24, 2010, 12:23:04 AM »

Already thanked you for this, Brandi.  But I am sooooooo loving it, had to thank you again!!  Amazing how you can make the eyes blink!  Can you wave your magic wand over some unhousebroken pups?  <grins> 

Hahaha!

Just gimme a picture! ;-P

Take care, Wyks!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #577 on: June 24, 2010, 12:52:38 AM »

WOW~I was just able to get back on the net or have any cable since 12:00 today (except at work because our service is thru Memphis..........odd timing to do "maintance IMO" since every network was on the beach today covering the disaster. I left work ealry because I heard a dolphin was in distress, when I arrived he was dead Sad  I walked over to the NBC reporter Mark Potter to ask about the dolphin and was lliterally sick when he told me it was a baby dolphin, who was so small 2 people were able to try to pick him up and try to save him, he told me it was heartbreaking to see grown men weeping and children who don't understand crying too. I wanted to make sure someone got a photo and he told me what made it worse was the mother of this baby dolphin was distraught trying to find her baby.........he a seasoned reporter was broken and was bound and determined to show the world the tragedy unfolding in the Guf. We talked for an hour and LOL he thought I was a reporter myself.......that's funny!

Anyway here are the stories, one a written article and a video that shows how tiny this baby dolphin was who lost his life:( I am mad as hell and demand we the people of the US action and not empty rhetoric from O.........he should be challenged to prove us wrong as the people of the Gulf Coast are without his trademark campaign slogan of HOPE, I want to know how many people losing their jobs, homes, and today a life are enough for him to step up to the plate, when he hasn't even made it to the ballpark and is disengaged. We need to demand attention to those who are despondent and hopeless here, Mr O, how many is enough, 10,000 lost jobs, 100,000 underemployed due to this crisis, how many putting a bullet in their head due to pure despondency is enough?????? Serious question, just how many will it take to get your attn, to get you to waive the jones Act, to allow US skimmers to help, is ot 50,000 unemployed, 500,000 underemployed, 10 sad and despondent putting a bullet in their head...........I DEMAND to know WTF it will take for you to show even a smidgen of leadership. IMO, the blood of that cpt is not only on the hands of BP, but on yours too, Now get your shit together and save these people/families. We feel no hope, so my challenge to you is to prove us wrong!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#37885249

VIDEO of dolphin

http://www.pnj.com/article/20100623/NEWS01/100623026/Dolphin-s-rescue-ends-in-death

News article of dolphin

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: June 24, 2010, 06:17:48 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #579 on: June 24, 2010, 06:30:20 AM »

Can't be said enough. It's Thursday...I only have to make it thru today and tomorrow......OMG I'm tired!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.