March 28, 2024, 07:27:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 488315 times)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2010, 02:28:48 PM »

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »

FYI - we are going to try putting back avatars and smileys hopefully some time today and see how the site does.  Also, the site will be down early morning Wednesday June 30th (we think) at around 2am ET for some updates to the forum software.  Hopefully it won't be down long.  This is NOT the new server upgrade.  I don't have a date on that yet.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »

I'm not as fast as Klaas. LOL

I posted them both in the last thread, lol. 

The MWP initials are different in other articles.

Never as fast as you Texasmom. Thanks, I don't know how I missed it.

2 4 1
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »

Peter R. de Vries has had enough of Joran

Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 11:00

Peter R. de Vries has had it with Joran van der Sloot. He does not plan to report all the developments from Peru surrounding the murder suspect. "The news is now literally provided from hour to hour on internet sites. I follow everything but don't think it has any added value if I will go to Peru myself," he says in Veronica Magazine. "I'll leave that to the media who previously accused me of being on a witch hunt against Joran."

http://www.mediacourant.nl/?p=73422

I don't blame him.  He tried and nobody would listen.  Now Stephany is murdered by Joran.  I don't blame him for not wanting to spend the time and money traveling to Peru. 

That, and IMO there is no need for him to be/go there now.
Peru is handling the case just fine, with a little help from karma. Wink
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »

Jean Casarez was just on HLN.  She was showing the courtroom and benches, etc. at Ccastro Castro prison yet again.  She certainly has gotten the mileage out of that little snippet of film.

Then she told the news we have known for days that the judge declared Joran's complaints baseless.

She further said the attorney of Joran said he will attempt to paralyze the proceedings.  And he will appeal the ruling on the confession and take the rights charges to the international organization for human rights in the Americas that we knew about Friday.

But she pointed out repeatedly that it is Joran's attorney seeking to "paralyze" (his word) the proceedings.

Well, of course  he would like to do that.  And that internatonal organization does not have any authority.  They can only make recommendations and can't enforce anything so he is just taking Anita's media money for a ride.

Showboat and charge a lot seem to be his strategy.

Before the trial, they are keeping him in protective custody, easy time relative to being in gen pop. When he is convicted, this " easy time " counts as time served aganist the sentence. My guess, my opinion as to why he wants to stall and play these games.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2010, 03:04:17 PM »

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2010, 03:08:17 PM »

Tuesday, February 6th, 2007, 07:45 AM

charlescroes 
IFA Aruba Expert

If you are originally from another country (who isn’t) and live on Aruba on a temporary basis, it would scare you to know just how many times the following question is asked:

“What is it like to live on Aruba and aside from the tourist stuff, what is there to do for the locals?”

The answer to that is that since a great part of our commerce and the related activities rely on tourism, getting away from those types of activities or social events is difficult…... however, there is a group called IFA that are international families here on the island and they gather (on their home away from home – Aruba) and have some very interesting activities.

IFA families are here from the USA, Surinam, various Caribbean islands including Cuba, Holland and the rest of the planet and mostly and for the better part - on a temporary basis to head up projects or handle significant responsibilities. When speaking to any of them you can be assured to not be bored. Iris and I became members of IFA late last year. We were able to join since Iris (my wife) is from Cuba and qualified as one of those non-Aruba people living here - in any event the joining has been one of those things that happens when you are lucky and in the right place at the right time. In our case, a delightful gal named Sophie and another friend named Douglass got us in.

Our first real experience with IFA was a Halloween thing last year. The route was mapped out and – there we were- in the midst of an Aruban neighborhood and culture, dressed like ghouls, skeletons and pirates walking from one pre-selected house to the other. The local folks looked out the windows and doors and I suppose drew some conclusions about this wild bunch. Towards the end of the year IFA organized a Christmas gathering so the IFA kids could experience Santa Clause the Dutch way. Swarte Piet all black with chimney dust and a big fat Santa (Sinterklaas) were there to make sure that the children all got a taste of the Aruba (Dutch) tradition. The mix of Holloween and Sinterklaas tells it all. The children (and adults) not only had an event to go to but they gained (at least I did) from it in a cultural and social sense. It was the sharing of what it is we are all about.

Recently, there was a gathering at one of the homes of one of the IFA members. It was to get to know each other again. You have to keep in mind that this group has the potential to be a transient one. Here today and transferred tomorrow. In any event, Iris and I went and one minute I found myself having one of the most interesting conversations with the man in charge of the Dutch military and the next with the gentleman in charge of sales and marketing for DIGICEL. Later in the evening we spoke to a very interesting lady about the different kinds of oils in the world and then - in a flash – the topic moved on to how the kids adjust to Aruba and what kind of puppies they have. The folks that donated their home for this meeting were gracious and made it a point to not be hosts as much as just be a part of what was going on.

So . …. What is the point of this? It is to share that here, on Aruba, on this tiny little rock floating in the Caribbean – families from different cultures find each other and find things in common. Families talk about back home and their new home. Some of the guys predicted the Superbowl while others wondered what it was. Ladies organized artistic and reading meetings where thoughts would be shared and cultures would be bridged. As we sat in our corner talking about the oils of the world, yet another IFA member joined and there – in her faded jeans (you know – the ones that cost a million bucks) and invited us to a “Cook and Taste” event. This one we will have to host ourselves. Anyway, when I asked the ‘Cook and Taste’ lady “So what do you do here?” she came back with a remark along the lines of “Care for my family”. A classic and perfect response to a stupid question. By the way, she is a lawyer back in D.C. And the night went on – talking and discovering the many talents that reside on Aruba and the nice folks that are here to lend those talents to the growth of our society.

When asked “What is it that you do here on Aruba?” The response could be “I am a member of and go to IFA meetings” Would it make sense? No. But perhaps these few words I just wrote can help to give insight into the non-tourism world on this very tourism oriented island.

Be well

charles

http://bb.visitaruba.com/f36/non-local-local-aruba-parties-6216/

------------------
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2010, 03:20:58 PM »

really? get your money back!!

The state of the condition insults my intuition
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2010, 03:23:08 PM »

Texasmom - if you see this.  What does KFC have to do with this American MWP that was caught trying to take drugs to America?  Any idea?

http://www.diario.aw/2010/06/un-acusado-mericano-kier-worde-husga-na-merca-mientras-caso-atraco-kentucky-fried-chicken-posponi/
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2010, 03:31:16 PM »

Just from the link you posted -- something about a KFC robbery case being postponed

I will try to read the article later.

I am not translating Pap Smile I am trying to translate the Spanish sounding stuff. lol

I don't think I helped much. lol

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »

Tuesday, February 6th, 2007, 07:45 AM

charlescroes 
IFA Aruba Expert

If you are originally from another country (who isn’t) and live on Aruba on a temporary basis, it would scare you to know just how many times the following question is asked:

“What is it like to live on Aruba and aside from the tourist stuff, what is there to do for the locals?”

The answer to that is that since a great part of our commerce and the related activities rely on tourism, getting away from those types of activities or social events is difficult…... however, there is a group called IFA that are international families here on the island and they gather (on their home away from home – Aruba) and have some very interesting activities.

IFA families are here from the USA, Surinam, various Caribbean islands including Cuba, Holland and the rest of the planet and mostly and for the better part - on a temporary basis to head up projects or handle significant responsibilities. When speaking to any of them you can be assured to not be bored. Iris and I became members of IFA late last year. We were able to join since Iris (my wife) is from Cuba and qualified as one of those non-Aruba people living here - in any event the joining has been one of those things that happens when you are lucky and in the right place at the right time. In our case, a delightful gal named Sophie and another friend named Douglass got us in.

Our first real experience with IFA was a Halloween thing last year. The route was mapped out and – there we were- in the midst of an Aruban neighborhood and culture, dressed like ghouls, skeletons and pirates walking from one pre-selected house to the other. The local folks looked out the windows and doors and I suppose drew some conclusions about this wild bunch. Towards the end of the year IFA organized a Christmas gathering so the IFA kids could experience Santa Clause the Dutch way. Swarte Piet all black with chimney dust and a big fat Santa (Sinterklaas) were there to make sure that the children all got a taste of the Aruba (Dutch) tradition. The mix of Holloween and Sinterklaas tells it all. The children (and adults) not only had an event to go to but they gained (at least I did) from it in a cultural and social sense. It was the sharing of what it is we are all about.

Recently, there was a gathering at one of the homes of one of the IFA members. It was to get to know each other again. You have to keep in mind that this group has the potential to be a transient one. Here today and transferred tomorrow. In any event, Iris and I went and one minute I found myself having one of the most interesting conversations with the man in charge of the Dutch military and the next with the gentleman in charge of sales and marketing for DIGICEL. Later in the evening we spoke to a very interesting lady about the different kinds of oils in the world and then - in a flash – the topic moved on to how the kids adjust to Aruba and what kind of puppies they have. The folks that donated their home for this meeting were gracious and made it a point to not be hosts as much as just be a part of what was going on.

So . …. What is the point of this? It is to share that here, on Aruba, on this tiny little rock floating in the Caribbean – families from different cultures find each other and find things in common. Families talk about back home and their new home. Some of the guys predicted the Superbowl while others wondered what it was. Ladies organized artistic and reading meetings where thoughts would be shared and cultures would be bridged. As we sat in our corner talking about the oils of the world, yet another IFA member joined and there – in her faded jeans (you know – the ones that cost a million bucks) and invited us to a “Cook and Taste” event. This one we will have to host ourselves. Anyway, when I asked the ‘Cook and Taste’ lady “So what do you do here?” she came back with a remark along the lines of “Care for my family”. A classic and perfect response to a stupid question. By the way, she is a lawyer back in D.C. And the night went on – talking and discovering the many talents that reside on Aruba and the nice folks that are here to lend those talents to the growth of our society.

When asked “What is it that you do here on Aruba?” The response could be “I am a member of and go to IFA meetings” Would it make sense? No. But perhaps these few words I just wrote can help to give insight into the non-tourism world on this very tourism oriented island.

Be well

charles

http://bb.visitaruba.com/f36/non-local-local-aruba-parties-6216/

Maybe?

Jennifer Bastian Schettewi

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2961867&id=583051336#!/profile.php?id=583051336

Employers   
Patton Boggs
Attorney
Washington, District of Columbia

http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/ifaruba/newsletters/2007/newsletter_09september_2007.pdf

snip

Phil and Jennifer Schettewi and their children have temporarily returned to the United States. We hope they return soon.

Remember Val's friend Molly Schettewi, I think she's probably related...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2010, 03:32:41 PM »

Just from the link you posted -- something about a KFC robbery case being postponed

I will try to read the article later.

I am not translating Pap Smile I am trying to translate the Spanish sounding stuff. lol

I don't think I helped much. lol

I'm wondering if that Diario article is an update of several different court cases. Thanks!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2010, 03:37:15 PM »

Texasmom - if you see this.  What does KFC have to do with this American MWP that was caught trying to take drugs to America?  Any idea?

http://www.diario.aw/2010/06/un-acusado-mericano-kier-worde-husga-na-merca-mientras-caso-atraco-kentucky-fried-chicken-posponi/

I read it, and agree with Sharon.  I think they're just saying it was postponed.  I thought it was odd that they started talking about that case in the same paragraph as the prior one.  But I don't think they're connected.  The first sentence says...in another case.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2010, 03:47:57 PM »

I read it, and agree with Sharon.  I think they're just saying it was postponed.  I thought it was odd that they started talking about that case in the same paragraph as the prior one.  But I don't think they're connected.  The first sentence says...in another case.

Thanks TM I wasn't sure and was confused.  I think it may have been an update on all the court cases for that day.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »

Ever since learning that Charles Croes was asking Beth about her sex life the night she arrived looking for her daughter, I just want to hurl every time I see a photo of him or he writes some of that drivel of his!

Typical unhinged Islander.  Maybe it's living in such a small space that makes them all nuts, kind of like cabin fever in a blizzard.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »

Peter R. de Vries has had enough of Joran

Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 11:00

Peter R. de Vries has had it with Joran van der Sloot. He does not plan to report all the developments from Peru surrounding the murder suspect. "The news is now literally provided from hour to hour on internet sites. I follow everything but don't think it has any added value if I will go to Peru myself," he says in Veronica Magazine. "I'll leave that to the media who previously accused me of being on a witch hunt against Joran."

http://www.mediacourant.nl/?p=73422

I don't blame him.  He tried and nobody would listen.  Now Stephany is murdered by Joran.  I don't blame him for not wanting to spend the time and money traveling to Peru. 

Well, I definitely think Peter R  DeVries should not only go to Peru but should cover for USA networks as well.  Every evening on the news.  Perhaps twice daily reports on the progress  there and what he is doing and how he looks today.

Peter, not Joran, lol, of course.

But seriously, at least Peter wouldn't buy that somebody invited Joran and paid his air fare and room to Peru! 

I hope he will at least do one program on Joran's Peruvian crimes.  Maybe for the conclusion of the trial and seeing Joran get a long sentence, maybe even a life one especially if Joran keeps showing his rear as he has done so far.

But I vote yes for deVries doing a program on Joran's being a homicidal maniac in Peru if for no other reason than to gloat he was right all along.  After all, he did get wine thrown in his face and is entitled to the last on that.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2010, 04:24:03 PM »

of course Joran is going to try everything to imply his rights were violated. And by the way - how does he even know what rights he is afforded in Peru? He couldn't know on day two / three / four. I know, he makes no sense. He's just a criminal. So funny that his argument - that he was denied his human rights in a way PROVES he is sane. No insane person would even care nor acknowledge such a thing. It would not be an after-thought.

He's just trying to gunk up the works.

Joran gunks up the works simply because this is his way of throwing one of his last temper tantrums. Ohh, and btw, he is going to be murdered in prison. And it is sort of poetic justice that Joran always dished out his vengeance, he now has to wait in fear for his death to arrive. Should have killed himself when he had the chance. Joran is one of the most hated people in the world - this survival rate for someone like this is not high unless they are camped out in a cave or mountain hide-away.

We could place odds on how long he lasts, but it won't be long once he is in gen pop. Even if he should survive a few weeks, those weeks would be torment and torture. Just keeping him alive to toy with him until death arrives. Prison is not for a meathead like Joran.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »

Speakaing of Posner, I would like to point out that it was our own canoworms/Selena who originally identified him as THE Michael Posner of the Chicago Mob fame and the Good Ship Lollipop and all the rest of what is now known about him.

A couple of years later, I did write to author and mob expert John J Flood and asked for a photo of Posner.  He was very nice and funny and asked me why I wanted it.  First I tried to tell him it was about Natalee, blah, blah but I finally just admitted to morbid curiosity.

He then said he would tell me yes or no on any photos I sent to him.  I sent him all we had ever had or thought to be Posner but he said no on all of them.  I finally just game up.  I know there was one of a wedding party and I think Posner was shown with a group of people at a table but couldn't tell which one he was.

Anyway, we have Selena to thank for knowing so early on that it was the Mob Posner and not one born on the island as some from Aruba were trying to tell us.

I heart Selena!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2010, 04:35:23 PM »

BTW, Selena outed Posner on RWV so it is not likely in the archives here.

Rob, Jorans Roomie the Clown assassin also refused to speak before the judge and chose to remain silent.  Guess that's who told Joran to do that.  Of course, Joran doesn't notice it didn't work too well for that one, lol.  I wonder how long the Clown is in there to serve.

And you are correct.  Look how long Jeffry Dahlmer lasted in prison and he was allegedly in protective custody, not even in the general population.

And I ccan't type for a darn byt my nails look terrific, hahaha.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »

Surely at 70 plus years of age, Posner is not acting as a drug mule.

I thought the Chicago Mob had a better retirement plan than that, lol.

Wouldn't it be something if it is one of the Purcell's?  Now that would be some major karma!

Good Lord, that crew is in the WH now.  If anyone it would be Purcell, the new kid on the block.  The Chicago Mob has taken over the government.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.