March 28, 2024, 10:27:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 488346 times)
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #620 on: June 30, 2010, 04:01:10 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Greta just posted on her twitter:

gretawire

LOOK WHO IS GOING TO GET A U-S INDICTMENT TODAY!!: I WAS JUST TIPPED OFF FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE: Joran... http://fxn.ws/aczXhg

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/look-who-is-going-to-get-a-u-s-indictment-today/

OS
HMMMM, I thought they already did that?

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #621 on: June 30, 2010, 04:01:43 PM »

That is excellent news !! Greta broke the news too and I appreciate she's keeping her hand in on this. I admit I didn't like seeing BOR give her a hard time.

Hopefully one of the outlets will have details on Mr Flores statement tonight too.

Do you suppose Anita now hears the clinking shut of yet another door on her sporter? I look at the IFA photos Carpe posted and I keep wondering what she knew and when she knew it? Renfro too?

That MySpace that was posted for Deepak, did it really state his location as Saudi Arabia? If so, how did he get around the Aruban powers-that-be refusing to allow them to leave Aruba to give the deposition in the Dr Phil case? Maybe I am misinterpreting something?

back to work........

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: June 30, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/06/30/breaking-news-joran-van-der-sloot-to-be-indicted-today/

BREAKING NEWS: Joran van der Sloot to be Indicted Today
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: June 30, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »

Hi Everyone,

gretawire

LOOK WHO IS GOING TO GET A U-S INDICTMENT TODAY!!: I WAS JUST TIPPED OFF FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE: Joran... http://fxn.ws/aczXhg

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/look-who-is-going-to-get-a-u-s-indictment-today/

OS

Thank you OS.

It was my understanding that the following release from the FBI implied that extortion charges would happen only after Peru had dealt with the Stephany Flores case.

Janet

++++++

Federal charges in Alabama will await van der Sloot, if he is not charged in murder case in Peru
June 03, 2010, 8:22PM

If Joran van der Sloot is not charged in the death of a woman in Peru, federal prosecutors in Birmingham say the Dutchman will be brought to Alabama on charges of fraud and extortion announced here today in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Holloway, a Mountain Brook teen, disappeared in May 2005 while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba. Van der Sloot has been a long-time suspect in that case, but does not face charges.

He is being detained in Chile in connection with the death of a 21-year-old woman, found on Sunday in Peru.

The U.S. Attorney's office and FBI said that on May 10, van der Sloot extorted $15,000 as a partial payment from an individual in exchange for information he would provide on the location of Natalee Holloway's remains and the circumstances of her death.

U.S. Attorney Joyce White Vance said that van der Sloot had provided false information during his scheme. She declined to say who van der Sloot had extorted or what he is alleged to have told them.

Federal authorities said the extortion charge from Birmingham was coincidental to the case in Peru.

"I want to stress at the outset that our case is not related in any way to the ongoing murder investigation in Peru,"  Vance said at a press conference in Birmingham.

But if authorities in Peru don't charge van der Sloot then he would be brought to the U.S. to face the charges waiting for him in Birmingham, FBI and U.S. Attorneys office officials said.

Aruban authorities were helpful to the FBI in its extortion investigation, Vance said.

"We are committed to protecting citizens from unscrupulous individuals who attempt to financially exploit a person's deepest fears and greatest loss," Vance said in a prepared statement. If convicted on the two charges from Birmingham, van der Sloot could face a maximum sentence of 30 years on the wire fraud count and a maximum of 20 years on the extortion charge.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/federal_charges_in_alabama_wil.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: June 30, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »

MisGivings - this is what was released on June 9, 2010.  The official indictment had not occurred yet:

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #625 on: June 30, 2010, 04:11:39 PM »

well, where to start?

I find it reprehensible that Joran uses Natalee to make money. AND NOW IT'S UP TO ONE MILLION.

Most remember that he used the anniversary of Natalee's death to rake in more money - he did that for five long years. He also used that to rake Dave and Beth over the coals - then he thought he was entitled to make 250k off of her death and one idiot even suggested that as the prime suspect in Natalee's murder he was entitled to the reward money.

The Joran money train has to stop. Soon it will be every year that he capitalizes on Stephany's death - all with the approval of Anita van der Slob.

There is something morally wrong with paying someone for licensing fees and  / or interviews when they are a murderer. No ifs ands or buts. Wrong wrong wrong.

I know that there are many here that want him to suffer long and hard in prison. Not me. I just want him dead. And the sooner the better. I don't care if he goes to trial, gets a fair trial, or even ever gets a meal again. This animal needs put down.

There is no place in a civilized world for Joran van der Sloot. He is unable to rehabilitated. He will create more victims as long as he is alive - even in prison. He will have those that allow his slimy filth to reach beyond the prison walls - and he will continue his infection.

What I am going to say next may not be taken too well by many - but it needs to be said. Natalee may not ever come home. And Joran may not even know what became of her. And even if he did - he will never reveal her location. This is his way to torment Beth. That's how sick he is. He pretends to know - but in the end - he has no clue.

I think others know where Natalee is and what happened to her - namely van der Straaten. But to hang your bets and hopes on Joran to ever reveal where Natalee is - well, it puts your heart through the wringer and I have given up any hope that the truth will ever come from that lying sack of crap. Liars never change. It's a life lesson that we sometimes need to remind ourselves. Remember - lying liars only lie.

I think Natalee's truth will be known someday - it just won't ever come from Joran. And I hope that whatever time he has remaining (and I hope it's not much) is filled with pain, misery and darkness - all of things he created for some many. Karma has a way of giving back what you dish out - so I leave it to karma and God to take care of the wrongs in life.

Yes, yes, yes. The truth will be known, as much as possible, one day.

....but it will never come from Anita's hateful bastard of a son.

Kill him, ship him to Aruba in a box. Discard his bones in the

donkey cemetary.

Let us get on with things,

there is work to be done.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: June 30, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »

Klaas

My FP comment went "poof".  If you have time could you please retrieve it from that "spam" file.

Thanks

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #627 on: June 30, 2010, 04:27:05 PM »

Hi Everyone,

gretawire

OS

Thank you OS.

It was my understanding that the following release from the FBI implied that extortion charges would happen only after Peru had dealt with the Stephany Flores case.

Janet

++++++

Federal charges in Alabama will await van der Sloot, if he is not charged in murder case in Peru
June 03, 2010, 8:22PM

If Joran van der Sloot is not charged in the death of a woman in Peru, federal prosecutors in Birmingham say the Dutchman will be brought to Alabama on charges of fraud and extortion announced here today in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Holloway, a Mountain Brook teen, disappeared in May 2005 while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba. Van der Sloot has been a long-time suspect in that case, but does not face charges.

He is being detained in Chile in connection with the death of a 21-year-old woman, found on Sunday in Peru.

The U.S. Attorney's office and FBI said that on May 10, van der Sloot extorted $15,000 as a partial payment from an individual in exchange for information he would provide on the location of Natalee Holloway's remains and the circumstances of her death.

U.S. Attorney Joyce White Vance said that van der Sloot had provided false information during his scheme. She declined to say who van der Sloot had extorted or what he is alleged to have told them.

Federal authorities said the extortion charge from Birmingham was coincidental to the case in Peru.

"I want to stress at the outset that our case is not related in any way to the ongoing murder investigation in Peru,"  Vance said at a press conference in Birmingham.

But if authorities in Peru don't charge van der Sloot then he would be brought to the U.S. to face the charges waiting for him in Birmingham, FBI and U.S. Attorneys office officials said.

Aruban authorities were helpful to the FBI in its extortion investigation, Vance said.

"We are committed to protecting citizens from unscrupulous individuals who attempt to financially exploit a person's deepest fears and greatest loss," Vance said in a prepared statement. If convicted on the two charges from Birmingham, van der Sloot could face a maximum sentence of 30 years on the wire fraud count and a maximum of 20 years on the extortion charge.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/federal_charges_in_alabama_wil.html

YW

Not sure why it is happening now, might be due to joran's weak human rights claim, just glad it is, box the sucker in.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #628 on: June 30, 2010, 04:30:47 PM »

Also think I heard on HLN's the Flores is holding a 1 mth. service for Stephanie this evening, I hope they keep her name and face in the public as much as possible as hard as it must be. IMO will help make joran's voice weaker and rile people in Peru up. Heck Jean C might even report about it, who knows. I am sick of hearing about joran and his freakin rights. who the heck cares???? I want beatings, torture, ripping of body parts, tongue cut out slowly just to mention a few.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #629 on: June 30, 2010, 04:31:36 PM »

Hi Everyone,

gretawire

A formal indictment is a big kettle of fish, not just talking about coulda, shouda, woulda, and Alabama has the death penalty in case Joran wants to come here and fan the flames a bit.

OS
HMMMM, I thought they already did that?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #630 on: June 30, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »

Well, crap, my post messed up.  See, it was in my bones to defend Greta.  I knew it, I knew it.  I knew something was forthcoming.  A formal indictment is a far cry from talk, chatter, talk, chatter.  This is big news.  Alabama also has the death penalty so if that CAIR or ICARA or whatever it is, rules with Joran, he will be sent here to face the possibility of a death penalty.  Bring it on, Tacopino.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: June 30, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »

Klaas

My FP comment went "poof".  If you have time could you please retrieve it from that "spam" file.

Thanks

Janet

May have been deleted Janet, I don't see it.  Sorry.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #632 on: June 30, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »

Anita needs to read up on this.

-source: La Republica

COMISEDH: 118 people were victims of torture
Wed, 30/06/2010 - 9:19

Report. During the period 1998-2010. President of the institution concerned that 60% of cases occurred in police stations or detention was started from.

While it is true that torture in Peru and there is no systematic way as in the early '80s, this is still practiced frequently.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.larepublica.pe/&ei=fakrTK25NcWclge50-XRCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCMQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dla%2Brepublica%2Bperu%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: June 30, 2010, 04:43:12 PM »

http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-joran-van-der-sloot-indicted-alabama-charges-063010,0,2583556.story

Federal Grand Jury Indicts Joran Van der Sloot For Wire Fraud, Extortion
Charges stem from investigation conducted by FBI, U.S. Attorney's office in Birmingham

3:28 PM CDT, June 30, 2010

BIRMINGHAM, AL

Wednesday, a federal grand jury indicted Joran van der Sloot on charges of wire fraud and extortion for soliciting money from Natalee Holloway's mother on promises he would reveal the location of her daughter's remains in Aruba and the circumstances of her 2005 death.

U.S. Attorney Joyce White Vance and FBI Special Agent in Charge Patrick Maley announced the indictment on Wednesday.

"I want to applaud the FBI's work on this case," Vance said. "The FBI worked diligently, and in association with Aruban authorities, to investigate and gather evidence in this matter after learning that Beth Holloway had been contacted and told she could finally gain information about the death of her daughter if she would pay $250,000," Vance said. "Because of the agents' dedicated efforts, we are able to bring charges against someone who sought profit in a mother's grief."

Natalee Holloway, a resident of Mountain Brook, Ala., was last seen alive on May 30, 2005, while in the country of Aruba. The 18-year-old was in the company of van der Sloot the day she disappeared.

The two-count indictment filed in U.S. District Court charges van der Sloot with extortion for exploiting Beth Holloway's fear that she would never find her daughter's body or know what happened to her unless she paid him $250,000.

The indictment also charges van der Sloot with wire fraud for using false promises that he would reveal the location of Natalee Holloway's body in order to induce Beth Holloway to make wire transfers of money.

According to the indictment, van der Sloot caused Beth Holloway to wire $15,000 from her bank in Birmingham to his account at a bank in the Netherlands. The indictment also charges that he caused her to wire $10,000 to lawyer John Q. Kelly in New York so that Kelly could later carry that money to Aruba and deliver it to van der Sloot in person. The indictment identifies Kelly as an advisor and legal representative of Beth Holloway who served as her intermediary with van der Sloot.

The indictment describes how van der Sloot's scheme to defraud Natalee Holloway's mother proceeded as follows:

After van der Sloot initially contacted Kelly and said he would reveal the location of Natalee Holloway's remains for $250,000, he later agreed to lead Kelly to the site of her remains for $25,000. Once identification of the remains was confirmed, Beth Holloway was to pay the remaining $225,000 to van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot received the $25,000 from Beth Holloway and led Kelly to a specific site in Aruba. He identified the site as the location where Natalee Holloway's remains were buried, although he knew that information was false.

Van der Sloot kept the $25,000, but later confirmed by e-mail that the information he had provided was "worthless."

The indictment seeks forfeiture of $25,100 from van der Sloot. That amount includes $100 Beth Holloway initially wired to the Netherlands bank to confirm van der Sloot's account.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #634 on: June 30, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »

Well, crap, my post messed up.  See, it was in my bones to defend Greta.  I knew it, I knew it.  I knew something was forthcoming.  A formal indictment is a far cry from talk, chatter, talk, chatter.  This is big news.  Alabama also has the death penalty so if that CAIR or ICARA or whatever it is, rules with Joran, he will be sent here to face the possibility of a death penalty.  Bring it on, Tacopino.

"Sweet Home Alabama" ... !!!   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: June 30, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

May have been deleted Janet, I don't see it.  Sorry.

Klaas

One of the two comments I made has appeared.  If you retrieved it ... thank you.  Until the problem has cleared up ... I will refrain from submitting comments to the front page blogs.  Klaas ...  I realize that you have a lot on your plate and ... I do not want to bother you further.

Janet

_____

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #636 on: June 30, 2010, 05:52:25 PM »

Old International Friends of Aruba News -

The Aruba Hotel & Tourism Association General Assembly Elects A New Board for AHATA The Aruba

Hotel & Tourism Association voted in a new board at its general assembly which took place at

the Radisson Aruba Resort & Casino. The owner of the Wyndham Aruba Resort Spa & Casino,

businessman Alfonso Riveroll, became the new Chairman of the Board for the Association.

Fellow hotelier Ewald Biemans, Bucuti Beach Resort & Tara Suites, became 1st Vice Chair while

Warren Stanley, Atlantis Adventure assumed the role of 2nd Vice Chair. Marriott General

Manager Rick Zeolla will serve as Treasurer of the Association and Alex Nieuwmeyer, Divi &

Tamarijn Beach Resort accepted responsibilities as the board’s Secretary.

Board members voted in are businessman Eduardo de Veer, Renaissance/Meta Corp; Banker Bill

Carson, Caribbean Mercantile Bank; hotelier Scott Allen, Hyatt Regency; Director Peter

Steinmetz, Aruba Airport Authority; Public Relations official David Smith, Valero Oil

Refinery, Lisette Malmberg, De Palm Tours and hotelier Werner Hein, Occidental Resort. The

election process was assisted by Dr. Ryan Peterson, Universidad di Aruba, attorney Antonio

Carlo and Marlene Purcell, Salamander Holdings under the supervision of consultant Jaap

Beaujon. The new board is seen here in the picture with members of the outgoing board and

Jorge Pesquera AHATA’s President and CEO.

Source: INTERNATIONAL FRIENDS OF ARUBA NEWSLETTER, January 2004

------------------
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #637 on: June 30, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_74644.php

Google translation:

Joran is one million U.S. dollars for interview

June 30, 2010, 13:06 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article  
Print this article  

ORANGE CITY / LIMA - Joran van der Sloot (22) $ 1,000,000 would ask for an exclusive television interview with him in the Castro Castro prison. He wants to spend money on legal fees.

These reports include New York Post. The newspaper wants Joran this broad charge of Dutch television producer Global Star Media, which includes the interview with Anita van der Sloot declined. Reportedly was to interview a total of over a hundred thousand dollars. Celebrities blog popeater.com brought the news yesterday and is based on sources within the television industry. For example, a media boss in the blog that an interview with Joran behind bars "gigantic high ratings" would bring. "If you look at what the actors in a comedy series Friends episode half hours were paid, that $ 1,000,000 of Joran a bargain.

Joran is in custody on suspicion of the murder of 21-year-old Peruvian student Stephany Flores. He is suspected Flores on May 30 in a violent way of life have brought. Joran hit on the run, but could be held in Chile. He was then deported to Peru. Joran has now written the assassination known, but then claimed that his confession was forced. The court has recently, however, that the confession in a lawful manner has been reached and therefore admissible at trial. The murder of Flores was exactly five years after the never-solved disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway place. Joran is still the prime suspect in this case.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #638 on: June 30, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »

Joran Van der sloot = Brutal double murderer

Cast of Friends = Professional actors who have done positive things with their lives.

Is it really that hard to wrap your brain around?

------------------
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: June 30, 2010, 05:59:07 PM »

This is excellent news as a federal grand jury is not any thing to mess with.  Now these charges will stand forever and when Peru is through with Joran, we get him.  No going back to The NL or Aruba for Joran, lol. 

And while we have him in this country, should it ever make it that far, who's to say what other charges could be leveled against him?  Fifty years is a long time, Swa!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.