March 28, 2024, 08:48:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 488334 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: July 01, 2010, 01:16:40 AM »

The stuff about Steph does not surprise me.  We know that Fox arranged for Baden to do the autopsy and we know it was filmed (I watched part of it). 

Yikes!  Could you see the body or was the camera only focused on Dr. Baden?

The family did give permission for Fox to film it, however, right?  This is totally morbid and in awful taste to say the least.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: July 01, 2010, 01:19:59 AM »

Dana, I was just listening to the Podcast of your last program.

TJ Ward's part starts arounf 49:30.  He talks about Paulus vd Sloot and the Colombians starting around 58:55.  I find this very interesting as it has been a rumor for years and to finally hear it discussed in the open is very encouraging.

This is what I fear happened to Natalee's remains and why they may not be recoverable.  A professional disposal by Colombians at the behest of PvdS.

Thanks for having TJ on.  I have been wanting to know more about those tapes for a long time.  Now if we could just hear at least the one TJ has. . .

Wink

You are most welcome
Rob deserves most of the credit though as he helped arrange it

Yes, Rob and TJ are in close communication on everything.  But I didn't know Rob helped arrange this interview.  I have been bugging Rob about it for over a year, lol. 

But I wonder if those Colombians could ever be found now.  Most likely drug runners, etc. and it may be impossible to ever find them again.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: July 01, 2010, 01:22:15 AM »

The stuff about Steph does not surprise me.  We know that Fox arranged for Baden to do the autopsy and we know it was filmed (I watched part of it). 

The family did give permission for Fox to film it, however, right?  This is totally morbid and in awful taste to say the least.

There is no disputing it was filmed as it was aired, Watts is trying to justify it saying Baden needed his help and he didnt film the body.
The girls gone wild stuff is just stupid on Watts part, Fox apparently paid Baden because the family could not afford to, and it just happened to fit into a show for Greta on top of it all. Petersons defense lawyers will have a hay day with all of this. I dont think it makes or breaks the case though. I do have a hard time believing that a big shot like Baden had no help and needed Watts to help him. Thats BS Watts was there to get the story.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #783 on: July 01, 2010, 01:22:25 AM »

Even this last trip to Aruba, Steph promised us a really BIG week with lots happening.

Then absoutely nothing happened.

Sad

PERSONA NON GRATA

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #784 on: July 01, 2010, 01:23:01 AM »

I bet Paulus found those Columbians through Lorenzo....Smile)

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: July 01, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »

Remember how OJ blamed the Columbians too. Those poor gangsters always get a bad rep. Smile
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: July 01, 2010, 01:27:10 AM »

Oh my!  :monkeyhaha:  You are stirring that pot now aren't you?  lol

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #787 on: July 01, 2010, 01:27:53 AM »

Could be.  But I think he probably had some connections of his own too, from his representing some of them in court.  JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: July 01, 2010, 01:30:15 AM »

Even this last trip to Aruba, Steph promised us a really BIG week with lots happening.

Sad

Very true, Anna!  I wish I'd known more about him then, too.  I'd thought he was believable because he had a couple of good interviews with Tim Miller,  including the statements Tim finally made about the remains in the crab trap.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #789 on: July 01, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »

I was just funning Anna.  I know how she is about Lorenzo.  LOL

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: July 01, 2010, 01:32:44 AM »

Could be.  But I think he probably had some connections of his own too, from his representing some of them in court.  JMO

Or even Boeti Naar.  But no fun in that, right?  Wink

BTW, Lorenzo wasn't mentioned in Paulus obituary.  You'd think he would have been if he were actually related.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #791 on: July 01, 2010, 01:35:44 AM »

Well, there was a rumor that he had some Colombian guards at one time.  But that was probably an exaggeration like everything else about him. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: July 01, 2010, 01:35:59 AM »

Could be.  But I think he probably had some connections of his own too, from his representing some of them in court.  JMO

BTW, Lorenzo wasn't mentioned in Paulus obituary.  You'd think he would have been if he were actually related.

I never saw an actual obituary, that listed family members etc.  

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: July 01, 2010, 01:36:26 AM »

Yep, you cracked me up!  And the Dark Lard hates it too, seems to drive him right over the edge!  heh heh heh!!

(I'm just funning too, Anna.)

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: July 01, 2010, 01:40:20 AM »

Sad

Very true, Anna!  I wish I'd known more about him then, too.  I'd thought he was believable because he had a couple of good interviews with Tim Miller,  including the statements Tim finally made about the remains in the crab trap.

Well, but that was Tim who said that about the DNA and it being male, not Steph.  So who knows?  We still deal with so many inaccuracies and conflicting information.  I think that's one reason we would like to finally know the truth.

That and justice for our girl, Natalee.  But I have to admit that for some mean reason I just feel so much better with Joran locked up and suffering.

But the sorrow for the Flores family makes it a far less than perfect end for him.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: July 01, 2010, 01:42:05 AM »

I never saw an actual obituary, that listed family members etc. 

No, just a newspaper article or two.  No formal obit.  I wonder if there was one in The NL. 

But I don't wonder enough to look for it, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: July 01, 2010, 01:45:20 AM »

And if we went by logic, Steve Croes would have to fit into things at some point.  But as time goes along and no connections are made, I have come to think he just had a bad case of STUPID.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: July 01, 2010, 01:45:53 AM »

I want to say the camera was focused on Baden and Baden was describing things.  There was a video on Greta's site at one time.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: July 01, 2010, 01:46:54 AM »

So we will see what tomorrow brings.  I can't believe there will not be some coverage as apparently Jean Casarez is still in Peru and surely they will not waste that.  CNN I mean. 

So post it if you see it!

Niters, all!  Off to the Monkey Bunkey.

PERSONA NON GRATA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: July 01, 2010, 01:55:15 AM »

This is the transcript from tonight's Joy Behar show:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/30/joy.01.html

snip

BEHAR: Accused murderer Joran Van Der Sloot has said he wants a million dollars for a jail house interview. This guy`s cojones are so big Angelina Jolie could adopt them.

Here now with the latest from Peru is Jean Casarez, correspondent for "In Session" on TruTV.

Jean. Hi Jean.

You know the judge has asked to meet with Stephany`s father today. Why?

JEAN CASAREZ, CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": That`s right. Well, it`s normal procedure. You see in Peru -- and this is so different from the United States Joy -- the judge is in charge of the investigation. The judge is the primary finder of facts. So he`s having to meet with a lot of people and get their forma statements.

Now this is all done in secret, it`s private. You`re not supposed to know. But we know the family and so we were able to confirm with them that today was the day that Ricardo Flores, the father of Stephany, met with the judge. And Joy, it`s 30 days today that Stephany was murdered.

BEHAR: Wow. That went fast.

His lawyer filed an appeal today.

CASAREZ: I know. It is.

BEHAR: What happened with that? What is his appeal going to do?

CASAREZ: That was the first thing today; 8:15 in the morning he filed that appeal with the superior court the second instance. But he is saying, no, the rights of Joran Van Der Sloot were violated. I`m going to go forward.

Now, here`s what happens. The superior court will rule on the appeal. If he doesn`t go what he wants, he`s going to the supreme court of Peru, he says. If that doesn`t work, he says he`s going to Costa Rica and that will involve a lot.

But first, there is a tribunal that has to agree that there`s been a violation by Peru of the rights of Joran Van Der Sloot. If they find that, he will go to this inter-America court in Costa Rica but that takes three years. Ok. That`s a long process.

BEHAR: I see. On another point, this kid Van Der Sloot, has said he wants a million dollars for a jail house interview. We have in this country, the "Son of Sam" law where you cannot really profit from your crime. Is there such a thing there?

CASAREZ: You better believe there is. First thing, when I heard about this interview, he wanted money. And as I think I told you it`s about $5,000 around here, was the quote. But I went to an attorney and you better believe it, here in Peru you cannot profit off someone that has been convicted of a crime.

Now he`s not convicted yet. So Joy, if he gets the money now, the attorney for the family, believe me they`re watching it and they`re going want to see where those funds go because they`re not going to allow that to happen.

BEHAR: Good, good.

You spoke also to the victim, Stephany Flores` close friends last night. What did you find out from them?

CASAREZ: Well, Joy, it would take me an hour to tell you everything I found out. But there were so many tears and they laughed and they -- they wanted though to talk about her. They said she was really intelligent. That she was so good with numbers, which probably led her to being a successful gambler.

She said she wanted to be a business woman in Lima. And that she had written down 23 businesses that she wanted to own and operate succeed at. And she would go through her list almost daily saying, I`m going to do this and I`m going to do that. They said that although she was an extrovert in many respects, she was also very shy and quiet.

They don`t think she had a chance in that hotel room. They don`t think she had a chance to fight back. They do not believe that they went there to play online poker, not for a second.

And most of all, they told me that she was adamant against drugs. She didn`t want to be around it. So amphetamines in her system, they highly question that.

BEHAR: Ok. Thanks very much Jean.

snip

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.