March 28, 2024, 06:42:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 488310 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #980 on: July 02, 2010, 02:19:20 PM »

Back in the days..I used to run a BBB out of my home.. I could handle 12 users ..LOL 

What would be required to run your own ISP out of your home today would be very expensive.
You would need the bullet proof Internet server and a backup for redundancy and a t-3 line or better with an interruptible power supply. HUGE $$ per month.
You would end up being a proprietary server system and lots of hardware maintenance..

Better off to just run under one of the big ISP that guarantee backups in todays world I believe..
 I have been out of that for a long time..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #981 on: July 02, 2010, 02:25:10 PM »

Linda Molten Howell had the same problem with her website at earthfiles.com
she just started charging 50 dollars a year to all her members and she is now able to maintain her site at a profit.
I think anyone deserves a profit .. Nothing is for free and these folks here spend lots of time and the add revenue can't be enough to run the site proper.
jmho
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #982 on: July 02, 2010, 02:45:28 PM »

My thoughts re. expense for this kind of site are murky at best. It probably wouldn't help much, but I know there's a Scared Monkey "store" somewhere. I think it would be good if a link to that was at the top, within the menu bar for -

Home  Help  Search  Profile  Members  Logout

... with "Store" right before Logout. Maybe "SM Store."

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #983 on: July 02, 2010, 02:48:19 PM »

I hope NG has verified the Thailand story.  Surely she would not just go with NE!

Anna, in recent years, the NE has been far more accurate than NYT or Washington Post. 

I always felt that conversation that Joran was having with Paulus that he gave Greta the tape of was about him selling girls into slavery in Thailand and not the USA.  He never said what girl(s) he was selling as human slaves, just that he was doing it.... it was understood orally by Joran and Greta that they were discussing Natalee, but on the tape with Paulus, Natalee's name never came into the conversation, just that it was illegal to sell women into slavery.  I think Joran was splicing all his stories together for some meaningful (to him) story and monetary gain.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #984 on: July 02, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »

I cannot edit my post above, but I did not mean USA, I meant Aruba (but had American girl on my mind).  CRS disease.

Dragnet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #985 on: July 02, 2010, 02:52:17 PM »

NOTICE

The server may be down tonight from approximately 11pm CST and may be down for several hours up to all day Saturday.  This is NOT the server upgrade but is needed maintenance.

Okay, I'll say it -- EVERYONE else is also thinking it. This site/forum is popular enough to be able to afford a decent server for the traffic it generates. It is not just for my selfish interest - it is for Klaas. It is just shameful that the UNBELIEVABLE time and effort she has put here for over 5 years at little or NO compensation is being treated like this.

Neither the site owner nor any member of admin can say anything about it but posters can say that if we all used the Amazon search box, it would also generate income for the site.  They are not allowed to solicit use of it by posters but if we all went to Amazon routinely, bought all our stuff there through SM, it would have to make a difference.

Just saying. . . .again <grin>

Oh my, I did not know this.  With how much I shop on Amazon, they should not only have a brand new server but might get a new house in addition LOL
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #986 on: July 02, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »

I bought 2 of the large SM mugs a few years ago. They're the ones we always reach for first, mainly because they're big, maybe 12 oz instead of 8? (Especially good for making hot chocolate, what with the stirring involved.)

I think mugs with the names of some of the victims we read about here would be good.

Also I (of course!) would like a mug with some of those "memorable quotes" I've been collecting.

Heck, Baez and Cindy have probably said enough for a whole set of "stupid" mugs. I can't even think about a HaLeigh version; that whole character sty gives me headache.

(I have a couple of Shakespeare mugs, one with insults and one with love quotes. They're my personal favorites.)

Just so you know, I've also bought TES t-shirts, and also contributed to the protests at the travel shows. (FYI, Tim was very nice - sent me a personal note, and one of the original posters for Natalee.)

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #987 on: July 02, 2010, 03:10:03 PM »

I don't think SM ever made any $ from the sale of the mugs and T shirts.  That would be cafe press, I think.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #988 on: July 02, 2010, 03:12:50 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions for donations and other ways to help, I'll let Red now.  Not much I can do though except relay the message.  BTW, I get the same compensation you guys get for being here.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #989 on: July 02, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »

I hope NG has verified the Thailand story.  Surely she would not just go with NE!

Anna, in recent years, the NE has been far more accurate than NYT or Washington Post. 

I always felt that conversation that Joran was having with Paulus that he gave Greta the tape of was about him selling girls into slavery in Thailand and not the USA.  He never said what girl(s) he was selling as human slaves, just that he was doing it.... it was understood orally by Joran and Greta that they were discussing Natalee, but on the tape with Paulus, Natalee's name never came into the conversation, just that it was illegal to sell women into slavery.  I think Joran was splicing all his stories together for some meaningful (to him) story and monetary gain.

Tylergal,
Greta just said the tapes were bogus.  I don't recall on what she based that but at the time, I thought it was not Paulus on the tape but someone Joran got to play the part.

What you are saying makes so much more sense.  I wonder if anyone knows for sure if that was Paulus on those tapes or not?  Greta was so into being hoodwinked yet again by her sporter, she didn't really elaborate.

But if it was in fact Paulus, then yes, that's what they were talking about, Joran's new career in Thailand.

Someone needs to give those tapes a new airing like Interpol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #990 on: July 02, 2010, 03:15:40 PM »

I don't think SM ever made any $ from the sale of the mugs and T shirts.  That would be cafe press, I think.

Anna - it can be set up different ways.  You can make zero or you can make a couple dollars on each, it just depends upon the markup.  I got a bit frustrated a while back with cafepress items because I'd create them and they would never get approved on time.  Plus you have to be very careful who's name/face you put on a t-shirt.  Some of the Avatar personalized mugs couldn't be made due to copyright infringement (Snoopy, Tinkerbell, etc)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #991 on: July 02, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions for donations and other ways to help, I'll let Red now.  Not much I can do though except relay the message.  BTW, I get the same compensation you guys get for being here.

Except you have to do a thousand times more work than we do.

I'm pretty sure there wouldn't still be a forum if not for your efforts back in the day.

PERSONA NON GRATA

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #992 on: July 02, 2010, 03:17:38 PM »

Hmmmm...

I always have to laugh when I come in here.. LOL

She may have done caught a skunk in her hair-did... but mama makes a mean Dutch split pea soup. LOL.... Blah, you made my day with that one! Smile thank you

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #993 on: July 02, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/503396/joran-van-der-sloot-fue-acusado-extorsion-justicia-alabama-estados-unidos

A few comments on the extortion story at el comercio --

First you run to meet your sentence here in our land, then you will extradictado the U.S., from there you can go through ARUBA. If you can go be with a cane, and from there to another prison.

A week with the common prisoners of Castro Castro will loosen the tongue, or Jack Bauer would drop faster than what you know.

Van der Sloot is scrubbed.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #994 on: July 02, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »

carpe - "hair-did" - EPIC LOL !

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #995 on: July 02, 2010, 03:46:43 PM »

Another msmarple LIST.

Joran’s Confabulated “Confessions”

Re. Natalee in Aruba

1. Holiday Inn drop-off (06/09/2005 PV).

2. 2K dropped Joran at his home and drove off with Natalee. { ?? }

3. 2K dropped Joran and Natalee at the beach. (Deepak PV 6/11/2005.)

• a. Joran called Deepak to pick him up; “Deepak told me … he would go back …and pick them { white and blue shoes of the make "K-Swiss", size "14"} up (Joran PV 06/13/2005)
  • b. Joran called Deepak to pick him up; “he came with two dogs…I think he raped her …”  (Joran PV 06/14/2005)
  • c. Joran called Satish to pick him up. { ?? }
  • d. Joran walked home, with 0, 1, or 2 shoes. { ?? }

4. Ocean burial after seizure (Peter de Vries tape)

5. Sold her into slavery (Greta)

6. Fell off a balcony (Jaap interview)

7. Buried at a pre-construction site (John Q Kelly – no detail on how she died)

Re. Stephany in Peru

1. To Chilean police, thieves were in the room, one with a gun, one with a knife. {Amazing that Joran escaped unscathed.}

2. To Peruvian police, first, he came back with coffee and found Stephany on his laptop.

3. To Peruvian police, second, they were playing online poker and an email came up. {I am guessing that the police showed Joran the video of his little cups-at-the-door performance, which blows No. 2 away.)

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #996 on: July 02, 2010, 04:44:40 PM »

Tylergal,
Greta just said the tapes were bogus.  I don't recall on what she based that but at the time, I thought it was not Paulus on the tape but someone Joran got to play the part.

What you are saying makes so much more sense.  I wonder if anyone knows for sure if that was Paulus on those tapes or not?  Greta was so into being hoodwinked yet again by her sporter, she didn't really elaborate.

But if it was in fact Paulus, then yes, that's what they were talking about, Joran's new career in Thailand.

Someone needs to give those tapes a new airing like Interpol.

sure sounded like Paulus to me. It was a middle aged Dutch guy for sure. Maybe Joran's love Mart Bakx?

just kiddin'. I think it was Paulus - sounded just like him.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #997 on: July 02, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »

Rob, I think so too, now.  Tylergal is right on the mark on this.

But at the time I didn't think it was any more than Joran/Greta theatrics and didn't pay any attention.

You have to watch every move made in this tragedy as it always turns out to mean something later.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #998 on: July 02, 2010, 05:24:35 PM »

I think Greta needs to tell the names of the two people that Paulus paid off.

They are bleeped out, but I would like to know what Joran said.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #999 on: July 02, 2010, 06:09:12 PM »

Magnolia, it is my guess that Greta is cooperating with the FBI 100%, especially in the face of events described here regards Dr. Baden and the Patterson case.  I think she might want to contribute all she can toward her "do goodedness."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.