April 27, 2024, 03:52:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 491002 times)
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1380 on: July 06, 2010, 12:51:17 AM »

I wonder if Joran is going to answer any questions.

He'll prolly pretend to be nuttier than a fruitcake-lol.
Knowing the jerk that he is, he will probably want to charge for each answer.
Remember, his lawyer said he would remain silent.

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
echosofangels
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1381 on: July 06, 2010, 12:54:13 AM »

Hi Monkeys!
   It Doesn't matter who or how many lawyers JVS gets....He Is Going to stay where he is.

-Darlene
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1382 on: July 06, 2010, 01:32:02 AM »

CB Borg, I am so very sorry to hear about your son's knee.  That is not a nice thing to happen.  Really nasty things can happen with the simplest of procedures, and I am hoping and praying that he will back to himself without any problems before long.  He is just too young for a blood clot.  Nasty things, they just happen to anyone anytime.  Take care of him, my friend, but I am sure you will. 

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1383 on: July 06, 2010, 08:13:13 AM »

What is most bizarre, is the fact that the two murder cases of Natalee & Stephany can be tracked side by side as the sick, sociopath, SOB Joran Van der Sloot murdered the 21 year old Peruvian girl on the 5 year anniversary of the death & disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Take a look what was happening 5 years ago. My what a difference a crime and a location make. I do not see any one in Peru asking Mr. Flores or his family to apologize.

Natalee Holloway July 5, 2005: Beth Holloway Gives Press Conference After Kalpoe Brothers Released from Jail, Calls Kalpoe’s Criminal … As Joran Van der Sloot Sits in a Peru Prison

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/07/06/natalee-holloway-july-5-2005-beth-holloway-gives-press-conference-after-kalpoe-brothers-released-from-jail-calls-kalpoes-criminal-as-joran-van-der-sloot-sits-in-a-peru-prison/

A Tale of Two Murders, Two Investigations and Two Prosecutions. Never could two cases with the same suspect(s) be handled so differently.

As the murder case continues against Joran Van der Sloot in the death of 21 year old Stephany Flores in Peru, we cannot help but think back and make comparisons to what was going on in Aruba five years earlier. What a drastic change of events and how the Aruban and Peruvian law enforcement. prosecutors and judges handled the two cases. After all, both Natalee Holloway and Stephany Flores were murdered on the same day, five years apart and the common denominator was Joran Van der Sloot.

Flashback, July 5, 2005, Beth Holloway gives the now famous press conference  (audio can be heard HERE) following the release of Deepak and Satish Kalpoe the day before.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1384 on: July 06, 2010, 08:54:40 AM »

I have been reading that Tacopina represented Michael Jackson in his child molestation case. I certainly don't remember that. Turns out, he reresented an "associate" of Michael Jackson - not the singer himself.

From Joe's own site:

Michael Jackson:
As part of Jackson's defense camp, Mr. Tacopina represented the pop singer's closest associate in controversial child molestation case. The Santa Barbara District Attorney's office dropped all related charges of kidnapping and endangering the welfare of a child against our client.

Thanks wreck!  I was wondering about that too!

So was I-thanks for finding that!  All this bru ha ha about him in regards to this case we've been reading lately is silliness.  I guess those on Aruba are impressed.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1385 on: July 06, 2010, 08:57:12 AM »

I have been reading that Tacopina represented Michael Jackson in his child molestation case. I certainly don't remember that. Turns out, he reresented an "associate" of Michael Jackson - not the singer himself.

From Joe's own site:

Michael Jackson:
As part of Jackson's defense camp, Mr. Tacopina represented the pop singer's closest associate in controversial child molestation case. The Santa Barbara District Attorney's office dropped all related charges of kidnapping and endangering the welfare of a child against our client.

So was I-thanks for finding that!  All this bru ha ha about him in regards to this case we've been reading lately is silliness.  I guess those on Aruba are impressed.

Don't forget that Johnny Cochran was one of Aruba's main attractions when he came into town to oversee the properties he purchased with the blood of Nicole Simpson.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1386 on: July 06, 2010, 09:13:06 AM »

What is most bizarre, is the fact that the two murder cases of Natalee & Stephany can be tracked side by side as the sick, sociopath, SOB Joran Van der Sloot murdered the 21 year old Peruvian girl on the 5 year anniversary of the death & disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Take a look what was happening 5 years ago. My what a difference a crime and a location make. I do not see any one in Peru asking Mr. Flores or his family to apologize.

Natalee Holloway July 5, 2005: Beth Holloway Gives Press Conference After Kalpoe Brothers Released from Jail, Calls Kalpoe’s Criminal … As Joran Van der Sloot Sits in a Peru Prison

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/07/06/natalee-holloway-july-5-2005-beth-holloway-gives-press-conference-after-kalpoe-brothers-released-from-jail-calls-kalpoes-criminal-as-joran-van-der-sloot-sits-in-a-peru-prison/

A Tale of Two Murders, Two Investigations and Two Prosecutions. Never could two cases with the same suspect(s) be handled so differently.

As the murder case continues against Joran Van der Sloot in the death of 21 year old Stephany Flores in Peru, we cannot help but think back and make comparisons to what was going on in Aruba five years earlier. What a drastic change of events and how the Aruban and Peruvian law enforcement. prosecutors and judges handled the two cases. After all, both Natalee Holloway and Stephany Flores were murdered on the same day, five years apart and the common denominator was Joran Van der Sloot.

Flashback, July 5, 2005, Beth Holloway gives the now famous press conference  (audio can be heard HERE) following the release of Deepak and Satish Kalpoe the day before.

Oh-such a good point. 
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1387 on: July 06, 2010, 09:18:53 AM »

From Joe's own site:

Michael Jackson:

Don't forget that Johnny Cochran was one of Aruba's main attractions when he came into town to oversee the properties he purchased with the blood of Nicole Simpson.

I forgot about that ... Easily impressed, aren't they?  Superficial & childish mentality seems to pervade there.  Not a lot of substance.  It's kind of disgusting, actually.
dogmom4
Scared Monkey

Furbabies

« Reply #1388 on: July 06, 2010, 10:21:24 AM »

Things seem pretty quiet with any new news about urine Van Der Scum. Nothing on Nancy Grace lately either.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1389 on: July 06, 2010, 11:11:31 AM »

LOOK AT THE BIRDIE!   ;D  LOL

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1390 on: July 06, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »

From Joe's own site:

Michael Jackson:

Low standards.

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1391 on: July 06, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »

Things seem pretty quiet with any new news about urine Van Der Scum. Nothing on Nancy Grace lately either.
Has anyone written the sleezeball yet?

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1392 on: July 06, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »

While looking for news, I came across this.  Somewhat OT....sh*t happens.  Smile

www.chicagotribune.com/business/problemsolver/ct-biz-0706-problem-flevaris-20100706,0,6959384.column

chicagotribune.com

Error erases family's tickets to Aruba

United eventually hands out refunds, miles
Jon Yates

What's Your Problem?

July 6, 2010

The Flevaris family does not live in the largest house or the ritziest neighborhood. They have other ideas on how to spend their money.

"We're Greek and I know it sounds funny, but we like to do things together," said Stathea "Cookie" Flevaris. "We try to have at least one or two family vacations a year."

On Dec. 10, the family logged onto United Airlines' Web site and booked nine roundtrip tickets from Chicago to Aruba, including seats for three of Flevaris' grandchildren, ages 4, 6 and 8. The site produced an itinerary and a confirmation number that showed the family would leave O'Hare International Airport at 7:40 a.m. Feb. 25 on a plane operated by United's code-sharing partner US Airways.

Just to make sure, Flevaris' daughter called the day before the family was scheduled to leave and confirmed the reservations.

But when the family showed up at the airport, 2 1/2 hours before their scheduled departure, they were told eight of them did not appear in the US Airways' reservation system.

Flevaris said the ticket agent said there were not enough seats for the entire family.

"We said, 'How can that be? We have a confirmed reservation?'" Flevaris said.

The US Airways agent told them there might be room on a flight the next day. Flevaris said no good; the family had hotel reservations in Aruba, and some family members had only limited time off of work.

Her husband ran to the American Airlines counter, which found room on a flight. The American agent called United, which agreed to pay for those seats.

The family arrived in Aruba at 12:30 a.m. the following day, roughly 8 hours after originally scheduled.

After she returned to Chicago, Flevaris penned an angry letter to United Chief Executive Glenn Tilton. She said the customer service agents involved were "rude, crude and without any care" for her family.

Flevaris said she heard nothing back, and weeks later she wrote Tilton again. Still no response, so the Chicago resident wrote to What's Your Problem?

"I'm used to having inconveniences when we travel, but this was horrendous," she said.

Under Department of Transportation rules, passengers involuntarily bumped from a flight due to overbooking can be compensated based on the length of the delay. Their more-than-two-hour-delay should have entitled the family to a refund of double the cost of their one-way fare.

With those rules in hand, the Problem Solver called United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy.

She said the airline sent Flevaris' daughter an e-mail May 4, apologizing. A short time later, United issued a credit of 22,500 miles to each family member's frequent-flier account.

The e-mail, which McCarthy forwarded to the Problem Solver, cited a computer problem.

Flevaris said no one in her family received that e-mail and did not realize miles had been credited to their accounts. Still, she said, miles are not a refund.

The Problem Solver called McCarthy again and asked why the Flevaris family's experience did not fall under the DOT's bumping guidelines.

"A written confirmation issued by the airline or an authorized agent or reservation service qualifies you in this regard, even if the airline can't find your reservation in the computer," the guidelines state.

McCarthy said that does not apply because United's computer error meant the reservation did not exist in the US Airways system. Though Flevaris said she was told there were not enough seats on the plane for all nine family members, McCarthy said it is unclear whether the flight was overbooked.

Still, United agrees the family was inconvenienced. On Thursday, it credited all nine $200 each, equivalent to the cost of their one-way tickets from Chicago. United also credited each family member an additional 2,500 miles, bringing their totals to 25,000 each, enough to book a roundtrip domestic flight.

"We apologize to the Flevaris family for the inconvenience and worked to get them to their destination as quickly as possible," United said in a statement.

"I'm just so happy," Flevaris said Friday, adding that the money wasn't the big prize. "The reason I wrote to you is because I didn't want to see other people in our predicament with a family getting bumped."

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1393 on: July 06, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »

I don't know if this was posted or not so I will just post the link:

For Van Der Sloot, the End

Why do young murder suspects act like reality-TV stars rather than murder suspects?

http://www.newsweekinteractive.net/2010/06/04/for-van-der-sloot-the-end.html?from=rss
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1394 on: July 06, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »

I hope everyone had a good and a safe 4th holiday. I was working with a go-live all weekend so am woefully behind.

CB I am so sorry to hear your son's knee had a setback, I'll surely keep him in my prayers.

I wish I had time to read back and catch up but another busy workday today - but daughter just emailed this article - the Enquirer and it's probably been posted already.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/van_der_sloot_thai_sex_slave_probe_natalee_holloway/celebrity/68941

I continue to stand with the girl.
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1395 on: July 06, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »

Michael Jackson's Attorney Not Defending Van Der Sloot

Posted on Jul 06, 2010 @ 08:32AM   

Michael Jackson’s famed lawyer Joe Tacopina is NOT representing Joran van der Sloot once again, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Reports had surfaced that Tacopina - who represented van de Sloot in the Natalee Holloway disappearance case - was now part of his legal team challenging his murder charge of Peruvian student Stephany Flores Ramirez.
But a spokesperson for the New York-based attorney told RadarOnline.com: “Joe Tacopina is not back on the Joran van der Sloot case - in fact he was never on it.”
Van der Sloot is reportedly still being represented by Peruvian lawyer Maximo Altez. His Peruvian attorney is claiming that the Dutchman’s original lawyer was unqualified for the job.

"We have searched the name of Luz Romero Chinchay in the list of public defenders provided by the Ministry of Justice and her name was not on the list," Altez told the Associated Press. "We do not know why the police called this lawyer. We want to know who paid for her because my client did not."
As in the U.S., Peruvian law requires that a criminal suspect be provided with a public defender if he can not afford his own lawyer. The public defenders work for the Ministry of Justice.

Working on behalf of van der Sloot, Altez filed suit against Chinchay Friday, alleging abuse of authority and conspiracy to commit a crime.
He is also suing Col. Miguel Canila, the homicide squad chief who led the interrogation resulting in van der Sloot's confession.

Colorful New York-based lawyer, Tacopina is no stranger to working on cases abroad. He became famous in Italy through the Parmalat affair - a mega-fraud case involving a dairy consortium, and through the proposed takeover (eventually abandoned) of Bologna Football Club by an American consortium.
In 2005, he succeeded as part of the legal team which got Michael Jackson acquitted of child abuse.
In the case of the missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, he defended the interests of Joran van der Sloot in Aruba.
Van der Sloot remains a suspect in the Holloway case too - if found guilty of the Ramirez murder, he faces 15 to 35 years in prison.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/michael-jacksons-attorney-not-defending-van-der-sloot

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1396 on: July 06, 2010, 02:22:52 PM »

A game where a suspected murderer may be tortured to death
The Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, jailed in Peru for the alleged murder of the young Stephanie Flores, becomes the protagonist of a game in which the participant can torture him to death, local media revealed today.

In the image, the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot to its release on June 11, 2010 the Peruvian Attorney. AP / File
The game has the explicit title "Torture Joran ', where the Dutchman is seated in an electric chair, and the player he applied electric shocks to make him confess his crimes, described today Peruvian elcomercio.pe page.

Electric shocks can be increased in power, and if we are able to confess, then the player wins, but if they are excessive and cause death, the participant loses the game.

The game, marketed by Juegator.com Site of origin Netherlands and sells on-line games in multiple languages, is available only in English and admission is free.

ACCUSED OF MURDER

Van der Sloot, imprisoned in the Miguel Castro Castro prison, is charged with the crimes of homicide and simple theft, since investigators believe that after killing the young Peruvian woman at a hotel in Lima took the money she won in where that night casino gaming table shared with the alleged murderer.

After traveling overland to the border with Chile, the Dutchman was arrested in that country and then expelled into Peruvian territory, where police arrested him.

Although at first admitted his guilt during police questioning, the defense of Van der Sloot said his client had been forced to make such a confession.

The Dutchman, held in Lima from June 11, is also considered a suspect in the disappearance in Aruba in 2005, the American teenager Natalee Holloway.

http://www.que.es/ultimas-noticias/sucesos/201007061956-crean-videojuego-donde-holandes-sloot.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1397 on: July 06, 2010, 02:25:50 PM »

Joran will make the Netherlands Bar
The prison does not prevent Van der Sloot watch the match Uruguay-Holland. Even already bought a shirt from Van Bommel.

This afternoon, the alleged murderer of Stephany Flores, Joran van der Sloot will encourage his team. Wearing a shirt with the name of the player Mark van Bommel, the Dutchman will accompany your selection via television.

Trome.pe sources of the Miguel Castro Castro told that Joran got his acquaintances send him this shirt and other things allowed for the game. Although he has no TV, it was learned that a fellow who would receive him whenever Netherlands play a match.

Joran now looks a pronounced beard and several extra kilos, as told by Trome.pe not despise any food they give in prison. "Come all. In his free time playing cards with his close associates, "said the source.

A few meters from the cell in the Netherlands is the mayor of Coronel Portillo, Luis Valdez and the Colombian hit man Trujillo Alejandro Ospina.

http://trome.pe/noticia/506416/joran-le-hara-barra-holanda
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1398 on: July 06, 2010, 02:30:43 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/michael-jacksons-attorney-not-defending-van-der-sloot

Michael Jackson's Attorney Not Defending Van Der Sloot
By Lupe
Created 07/06/2010 - 8:32am

Michael Jackson’s famed lawyer Joe Tacopina is NOT representing Joran van der Sloot once again, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Reports had surfaced that Tacopina - who represented van de Sloot in the Natalee Holloway disappearance case - was now part of his legal team challenging his murder charge of Peruvian student Stephany Flores Ramirez.

But a spokesperson for the New York-based attorney told RadarOnline.com: “Joe Tacopina is not back on the Joran van der Sloot case - in fact he was never on it.”

Van der Sloot is reportedly still being represented by Peruvian lawyer Maximo Altez. His Peruvian attorney is claiming that the Dutchman’s original lawyer was unqualified for the job.

PHOTOS: Van Der Sloot With Murder Victim Hours Before Her Death

"We have searched the name of Luz Romero Chinchay in the list of public defenders provided by the Ministry of Justice and her name was not on the list," Altez told the Associated Press. "We do not know why the police called this lawyer. We want to know who paid for her because my client did not."

As in the U.S., Peruvian law requires that a criminal suspect be provided with a public defender if he can not afford his own lawyer. The public defenders work for the Ministry of Justice.

PHOTOS: Inside The Hotel Room Where Van Der Sloot Left Woman Dead

Working on behalf of van der Sloot, Altez filed suit against Chinchay Friday, alleging abuse of authority and conspiracy to commit a crime.

He is also suing Col. Miguel Canila, the homicide squad chief who led the interrogation resulting in van der Sloot's confession.

PHOTOS: Joran Van Der Sloot's Bloody Shirt

Colorful New York-based lawyer, Tacopina is no stranger to working on cases abroad. He became famous in Italy through the Parmalat affair - a mega-fraud case involving a dairy consortium, and through the proposed takeover (eventually abandoned) of Bologna Football Club by an American consortium.

In 2005, he succeeded as part of the legal team which got Michael Jackson acquitted of child abuse.

Joran Van Der Sloot Confesses To Murder

In the case of the missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, he defended the interests of Joran van der Sloot in Aruba.

PHOTOS: Celebrity Mug Shots

Van der Sloot remains a suspect in the Holloway case too - if found guilty of the Ramirez murder, he faces 15 to 35 years in prison.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1399 on: July 06, 2010, 02:31:13 PM »

Joran will make the Netherlands Bar
The prison does not prevent Van der Sloot watch the match Uruguay-Holland. Even already bought a shirt from Van Bommel.

This afternoon, the alleged murderer of Stephany Flores, Joran van der Sloot will encourage his team. Wearing a shirt with the name of the player Mark van Bommel, the Dutchman will accompany your selection via television.

Trome.pe sources of the Miguel Castro Castro told that Joran got his acquaintances send him this shirt and other things allowed for the game. Although he has no TV, it was learned that a fellow who would receive him whenever Netherlands play a match.

Joran now looks a pronounced beard and several extra kilos, as told by Trome.pe not despise any food they give in prison. "Come all. In his free time playing cards with his close associates, "said the source.

A few meters from the cell in the Netherlands is the mayor of Coronel Portillo, Luis Valdez and the Colombian hit man Trujillo Alejandro Ospina.

http://trome.pe/noticia/506416/joran-le-hara-barra-holanda
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.