March 28, 2024, 04:45:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 488395 times)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1420 on: July 06, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/michael-jacksons-attorney-not-defending-van-der-sloot

Michael Jackson's Attorney Not Defending Van Der Sloot
By Lupe
Created 07/06/2010 - 8:32am

Michael Jackson’s famed lawyer Joe Tacopina is NOT representing Joran van der Sloot once again, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Reports had surfaced that Tacopina - who represented van de Sloot in the Natalee Holloway disappearance case - was now part of his legal team challenging his murder charge of Peruvian student Stephany Flores Ramirez.

But a spokesperson for the New York-based attorney told RadarOnline.com: “Joe Tacopina is not back on the Joran van der Sloot case - in fact he was never on it.”

Van der Sloot is reportedly still being represented by Peruvian lawyer Maximo Altez. His Peruvian attorney is claiming that the Dutchman’s original lawyer was unqualified for the job.

PHOTOS: Van Der Sloot With Murder Victim Hours Before Her Death

"We have searched the name of Luz Romero Chinchay in the list of public defenders provided by the Ministry of Justice and her name was not on the list," Altez told the Associated Press. "We do not know why the police called this lawyer. We want to know who paid for her because my client did not."

As in the U.S., Peruvian law requires that a criminal suspect be provided with a public defender if he can not afford his own lawyer. The public defenders work for the Ministry of Justice.

PHOTOS: Inside The Hotel Room Where Van Der Sloot Left Woman Dead

Working on behalf of van der Sloot, Altez filed suit against Chinchay Friday, alleging abuse of authority and conspiracy to commit a crime.

He is also suing Col. Miguel Canila, the homicide squad chief who led the interrogation resulting in van der Sloot's confession.

PHOTOS: Joran Van Der Sloot's Bloody Shirt

Colorful New York-based lawyer, Tacopina is no stranger to working on cases abroad. He became famous in Italy through the Parmalat affair - a mega-fraud case involving a dairy consortium, and through the proposed takeover (eventually abandoned) of Bologna Football Club by an American consortium.

In 2005, he succeeded as part of the legal team which got Michael Jackson acquitted of child abuse.

Joran Van Der Sloot Confesses To Murder

In the case of the missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, he defended the interests of Joran van der Sloot in Aruba.

PHOTOS: Celebrity Mug Shots

Van der Sloot remains a suspect in the Holloway case too - if found guilty of the Ramirez murder, he faces 15 to 35 years in prison.

I just received this message from Joe T

Sorry Dana...I am not doing interviews but let me state that I am NOT going to peru and am not working on the case in peru. How these rumors get started is beyond me.
J

Joseph Tacopina, Esq.

I STILL say Tacopina wasn't ever Michael Jackson's attorney! (it was Mark Garragos)

It`s like saying Fred Mertz was the star of I Love Lucy. Joe did a small part. (That pretty much nobody noticed) Taco Pin has always been pretty insignificant. Consistently so.

Wreck - I will never forget Geragos wasn`t even in the court room when the verdict was read for Michael.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1421 on: July 06, 2010, 08:36:35 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/michael-jacksons-attorney-not-defending-van-der-sloot

By Lupe

Michael Jackson’s famed lawyer Joe Tacopina is NOT representing Joran van der Sloot once again, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Reports had surfaced that Tacopina - who represented van de Sloot in the Natalee Holloway disappearance case - was now part of his legal team challenging his murder charge of Peruvian student Stephany Flores Ramirez.

But a spokesperson for the New York-based attorney told RadarOnline.com: “Joe Tacopina is not back on the Joran van der Sloot case - in fact he was never on it.”

Van der Sloot is reportedly still being represented by Peruvian lawyer Maximo Altez. His Peruvian attorney is claiming that the Dutchman’s original lawyer was unqualified for the job.

"We have searched the name of Luz Romero Chinchay in the list of public defenders provided by the Ministry of Justice and her name was not on the list," Altez told the Associated Press. "We do not know why the police called this lawyer. We want to know who paid for her because my client did not."

As in the U.S., Peruvian law requires that a criminal suspect be provided with a public defender if he can not afford his own lawyer. The public defenders work for the Ministry of Justice.

Working on behalf of van der Sloot, Altez filed suit against Chinchay Friday, alleging abuse of authority and conspiracy to commit a crime.

He is also suing Col. Miguel Canila, the homicide squad chief who led the interrogation resulting in van der Sloot's confession.

Colorful New York-based lawyer, Tacopina is no stranger to working on cases abroad. He became famous in Italy through the Parmalat affair - a mega-fraud case involving a dairy consortium, and through the proposed takeover (eventually abandoned) of Bologna Football Club by an American consortium.

In 2005, he succeeded as part of the legal team which got Michael Jackson acquitted of child abuse.

In the case of the missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, he defended the interests of Joran van der Sloot in Aruba.

Van der Sloot remains a suspect in the Holloway case too - if found guilty of the Ramirez murder, he faces 15 to 35 years in prison.

Sorry Dana...I am not doing interviews but let me state that I am NOT going to peru and am not working on the case in peru. How these rumors get started is beyond me.
J

Joseph Tacopina, Esq.

I STILL say Tacopina wasn't ever Michael Jackson's attorney! (it was Mark Garragos)

It`s like saying Fred Mertz was the star of I Love Lucy. Joe did a small part. (That pretty much nobody noticed) Taco Pin has always been pretty insignificant. Consistently so.

Wreck - I will never forget Geragos wasn`t even in the court room when the verdict was read for Michael.

well, Thomas Mesereau Jr was the attorney for the molestation case. I just call him Juni. That could be why Geragos wasn't there and I think he had his hands full with Scott Petersen when that was all goin' down.

Hi ya Carpe!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1422 on: July 06, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »

Directly from the Taco Pin website:

Michael Jackson:
As part of Jackson's defense camp, Mr. Tacopina represented the pop singer's closest associate in controversial child molestation case. The Santa Barbara District Attorney's office dropped all related charges of kidnapping and endangering the welfare of a child against our client. Read Article (pdf)

http://www.tacopinalaw.com/notable.html

----

A close associate of Michael Jackson... is not even Michael Jackson.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1423 on: July 06, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »

By Lupe

J

Joseph Tacopina, Esq.

well, Thomas Mesereau Jr was the attorney for the molestation case. I just call him Juni. That could be why Geragos wasn't there and I think he had his hands full with Scott Petersen when that was all goin' down.

Hi ya Carpe!

Hiya Rob -

So that`s why he was not there. LOL

I still do not like him.

------------------
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1424 on: July 06, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »

Here are 2 people I do like.

------------------
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1425 on: July 06, 2010, 08:50:14 PM »

FYI - In the event that SM goes down and doesn't come back up for a long period of time (like an entire day), it's likely because the upgrade to the new server is being done.  It may happen this week.  Don't have an exact date yet but thought I'd give you all the heads up.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Sleuth
- good to see you!  I don't remember if you live on the gulf side.  Any oil on the beaches where you are?

I'm on the Atlantic side - no oil on the beaches here, at least for now anyway.

O/T - if you have never seen this...it is really funny..

BP Spills Coffee
http://www.wikio.com/video/bp-spills-coffee-3436161

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1426 on: July 06, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »

Right, Geragos pulled out / was let go for the molestation case. I don't know why and I think only one living person knows what happened there. Mesereau replaced Geragos. So he was on the case first. I try not to follow anything M. Jackson related - just repulsive.

On that note - who wants Jesus juice?

( smiles )

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1427 on: July 06, 2010, 08:56:48 PM »

Sleuth - that's about the way it is too!  lol

The whole thing is so sad though.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:00:06 PM by klaasend » Logged
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1428 on: July 06, 2010, 09:14:03 PM »

Aruba Amigoe News -

http://www.amigoe.com/

Money museum closes doors
July 6, 2010, 24:58 (GMT -04:00)

The Numismatic Museum in Weststraat.

ORANGE CITY - The Numismatic Museum to permanently close its doors. Before the end of the month, the museum building in the characteristic yellow Weststraat leave.

This court has recently decided in a court brief that was filed by the landlord. The reason for the interim rent is a debt of almost one million florin half the property owner, the Aruban Monument Fund. The fund demanded that the museum within five days to leave the building. Although the court given the huge rent arrears - it has risen to over 464,000 in March 2010 Florin - upheld the requirement, the period covered by the museum to get on, extended until July 31, 2010. On that date, the museum return her keys to the Monument Fund and departed from the building. If necessary, then the landlord in the police to force the museum to leave the building, so some justice. The rent of the property is currently about five thousand florin a month.

"It is very painful," says museum director Roy Amigoe against Feliciano. "But what can we do? Nobody wants to help us. "He says in the period 2007-2009 had received no money from the government. "We had previously always paid the rent and other expenses. But not for many years. "Feliciano does not agree that the current government will come to his aid, but he remains hopeful. Next week gives Foundation Juan Mario Odor, who manages the museum, a conference on money problems. Feliciano leaves during the interview with Amigoe already hinted that the former director Desiree Croes something to do with financial deficits. (snip)

----

Sorry - we all broke, you go home now.

------------------
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1429 on: July 06, 2010, 09:41:04 PM »

Right, Geragos pulled out / was let go for the molestation case. I don't know why and I think only one living person knows what happened there. Mesereau replaced Geragos. So he was on the case first. I try not to follow anything M. Jackson related - just repulsive.

On that note - who wants Jesus juice?

( smiles )
I sure miss our emoticons!!!! (There are a few appropriate ones for this!!!! Wink

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1430 on: July 06, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »

By Lupe

J

Joseph Tacopina, Esq.

Fred Mertz WASN'T the star??????????????????????????? He was my favorite!!

I remember my dear now departed Grandmother back in the early 70's musing out loud 'how they got Fred Mertz still doing "I Love lucy" reruns..... He's been dead for years!' -- LOL

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1431 on: July 06, 2010, 10:34:50 PM »

On the last page of the Morning News there is a picture of Val and I believe his girlfriend,looks like the same girl as on his Facebook profile, at one of the soccer celebrations. I don't know how to bring them over from that paper.

http://themorningnewsaruba.com/

2 4 1
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1432 on: July 06, 2010, 10:39:34 PM »

Joran should be released into GP for the arguably lesser offense of unleashing Taco Joe upon us again.

Agreed. But what I don't understand is Joe T. already slammed Joran on this murder, saying it's not the same kid he defended before and is sick in the head. AND Joe doesn't know Peruvian law! What's he going to do? Study by night w/ a translator to prep for the morning hearing?? Yeah right!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1433 on: July 06, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »

Joran should be released into GP for the arguably lesser offense of unleashing Taco Joe upon us again.

Agreed. But what I don't understand is Joe T. already slammed Joran on this murder, saying it's not the same kid he defended before and is sick in the head. AND Joe doesn't know Peruvian law! What's he going to do? Study by night w/ a translator to prep for the morning hearing?? Yeah right!
Joe ain't goin' to Peru -- he is distancing!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: July 06, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »

Stephany Flores show that was in the casino with a friend who was not Joran van der Sloot

Lima (Peru.com) .- The case of young Stephany Flores, Peruvian who was killed by Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, who confessed to the crime, still has many loose ends.

According to a statement released by the program In Session of CNN, one third male person would have accompanied the girl to the Atlantic City casino days before her death and know he won a large sum of money.

Based on the testimony of Luis Laos, representative of that casino, the publication describes that the night he died Flores only gained an average of 670 suns and not the amount of $ 10,000 as previously thought.

This high amount of money, she was won on 25 May when she would meet with this friend, "said Van der Sloot was not.

Laos said Van der Sloot could probably be informed of the money he Stephany by third parties or perhaps she told him.

Also explained that both Flores and Joran van der Sloot did not register for the poker contest the day of his death as previously thought.

As pointed out also manages the Police robbery thesis about crime Stephany Flores.

http://www.peru.com/noticias/lima20100706/106532/Revelan-que-Stephany-Flores-estuvo-en-casino-con-un-amigo-que-no-era-Joran-van-der-Sloot
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1435 on: July 06, 2010, 11:44:22 PM »

Apuestonan tumando lugar riba futuro di Joran van der Sloot; Mayoria ta kere cu lo muri den prison ta masha grandi mes     
Written by Journalist     
Tuesday, 06 July 2010 20:17 
ORANJESTAD- Futuro di Joran van der Sloot den prison di Peru, no ta mustra mucho bon y segun publicacionnan di casnan di apuesto, ta mustra cu e posibilidad pa Joran Sali for di prison cu bida, ta minimo. Un biaha mas ta keda demostra cu Joran den poco

tempo a converti su mes den un criminal notorio mundialmente conoci ya cu realmente na tur continente na mundo, su nomber a bira conoci. Ayera un publicacion a Sali den Bookmakers Inc. caminda ta mustra cu casnan di apuesto a habri apuesto riba futuro di Joran den prison na Peru y  segun e apuestonan, cosnan no ta pinta mucho bon pa su persona. Un gran mayoria ta kere cu e lo no Sali for di prison cu bida y tin un grupo relativamente grandi cu ta kere cu e lo no biba pa atende su huicio. Tambe tin apuesto di esnan cu ta kere cu e lo trata di hui for di prison y cu e lo wordo mata pa oficialnan huidicial  den su intento pa scapa. E mesun publicacion tambe ta mustra cu segun un experto, Joran despues cu e wordo condena, lo ser manda pa e prison di Lurigancho, un di e pio prisonnan cu tin na Peru. E experto a mustra cu  Lurigancho ta un prison  cu tin 10.000 preso pero tin solamente 3000 cama y un cel ta conta cu 35 preso den cada uno. Mayoria ta haci nan necesidadnan riba vloer di nan cel y  nan por baña un bes pa siman ora cu ta habri awa pa un periodo di 15 minuut. E situacion ta dificil pa Joran segun e experto aki, y cosnan lo por bai formalmente for di man y pa tal motibo nan ta kere cu e futuro di van der Sloot no ta mustra mucho bon. Tin tur indicacion cu Joran lo bai ricibi e sentencia maximo pa e crimen atroz cometi contra di Stephanie Flores, kende el a asesina cruelmente y nan ta kere cu e lo ricibi 35 aña di prison y e experto ta kere cu esaki dificilmente Joran lo por sobrebibi un bida asina ey.

http://news.laprensacur.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12266:apuestonan-tumando-lugar-riba-futuro-di-joran-van-der-sloot-mayoria-ta-kere-cu-lo-muri-den-prison-ta-masha-grandi-mes&catid=23:aruba&Itemid=52
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1436 on: July 06, 2010, 11:46:02 PM »

Joran makes bar to Holland
The prison does not prevent Van der Sloot watch the match Uruguay-Holland. Even already bought a shirt from Van Bommel.

This afternoon, the alleged murderer of Stephany Flores, Joran van der Sloot will encourage his team. Wearing a shirt with the name of the player Mark van Bommel, the Dutchman will accompany your selection via television.

Trome.pe sources of the Miguel Castro Castro told that Joran got his acquaintances send him this shirt and other things allowed for the game. Although he has no TV, it was learned that a fellow who would receive him whenever Netherlands play a match.

Joran now looks a pronounced beard and several extra kilos, as told by Trome.pe not despise any food they give in prison. "Come all. In his free time playing cards with his close associates, "said the source.

A few meters from the cell in the Netherlands is the mayor of Coronel Portillo, Luis Valdez and the Colombian hit man Trujillo Alejandro Ospina.

http://trome.pe/noticia/506416/joran-le-hara-barra-holanda
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1437 on: July 06, 2010, 11:49:01 PM »

Dutchman Joran van der Sloot is subjected to psychological tests Miguel Castro Castro prison

Lima (Peru.com) .- The Dutchman Joran van der Sloot is submitted from Tuesday and for two days of psychological testing as part of facing criminal proceedings for the murder of Peruvian student Stephany Flores, his lawyer said.

The team of experts will visit Van der Sloot, 22, in the Miguel Castro Castro prison, where he has been detained since June 11 after admitting to police he killed Flores, 21, in the hotel room who was staying in Lima.

The Peruvian lawyer of Van der Sloot, Maximum Highness said Tuesday that apart from the psychological testing that was performed by order of the judiciary, the defense will also present their own expert reports.

"We have requested that he give us permission to do that. We vamo to present our own psychological and psychiatric reports ... apart from that we will present the clinical history of Joran since childhood," said HRH.

Van der Sloot faces a sentence of between 15 and 35 years in prison in Peru for being found guilty of murdering Flores with "ferocity" and "cruelty", according to the indictment.

The EU is also the main accused in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005, the case was never solved.

The defense of Van der Sloot filed a habeas corpus requesting the annulment of a police interrogation in which he confessed to the crime of Flores, arguing that their rights were not respected, but the appeal was rejected on 25 June.

One of the arguments of the defense is that the attorney appointed to represent Van der Sloot during the interrogation was not acceptable to it.

Highness said the defense had appealed the denial of habeas corpus, which also sued the attorney who represented Van der Sloot for not being a public defender but a private attorney.

Highness also said that as of July 15 are expected to arrive to Peru of foreign lawyers of Van der Sloot, Joe Tacopina, who represented him in the case of Holloway, and Bert de Rooij, who advises him in Holland, "exchanging ideas" and outline the defense strategy.
LaTercera.com

http://cdn.peru.com/noticias/lima20100706/106516/Holandes-Joran-van-der-Sloot-es-sometido-a-pruebas-psicologicas-en-penal-Miguel-Castro-Castro-
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1438 on: July 06, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »

Doctors conducted psychological tests on Tuesday to Van der Sloot

Lima, July 5 (EFE) .- The Dutchman Joran van der Sloot will be submitted from tomorrow to psychological tests as part of the process followed by the murder of the young Peruvian Stephany Flores, reported Radio Programas del Peru (RPP).

The provision was made by Judge Carlos Morales with the goal of understanding the mental health status of the Dutchman and thus able to determine what their level of responsibility in the murder of the girl, which occurred on 30 May.

The tests shall be conducted by doctors of the Institute of Legal Medicine of Peru and held at the Miguel Castro Castro prison, where he is being held the Dutchman.

Van der Sloot is accused of the crimes of homicide and simple theft, since investigators believe that after killing the young Peruvian woman at a hotel in Lima took the money she had won in the casino where he shared the same night table game with the alleged murderer.

After traveling overland to the border with Chile, the young Dutchman was arrested in that country and then expelled into Peruvian territory, where police arrested him.

Although at first admitted his guilt during police questioning, the defense of Van der Sloot said his client had been forced to make such a confession.

The Dutchman, held in Lima from June 11, is also considered a suspect in the disappearance in Aruba in 2005, the American teenager Natalee Holloway.

http://www.ultimahora.com/notas/336840-Medicos-realizaran-desde-el-martes-pruebas-psicologicas-a-Van-der-Sloot
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1439 on: July 06, 2010, 11:57:17 PM »

Notes from Peru: Stephany Flores won $237 the night she was killed

Lima, Peru – Stephany Flores Ramirez went directly to the poker table where Joran van der Sloot was sitting, according to an Atlantic City Casino spokesman.

Luis Laos told In Session the 21-year-old woman entered the casino by herself around 3:00 a.m., approximately two hours after van der Sloot. Laos was able to trace Flores' path to the table by looking at a sequence of videos from several closed circuit cameras.

Peruvian police believe van der Sloot murdered Flores later that morning.
Neither Flores nor van der Sloot were registered for an international poker tournament scheduled to start on June 2.
Laos, the assistant general manager at the casino, said people who wanted to play in the tournament could enter by playing at the table or online. He said the entry fee was $2,700.
According to Laos, 700 to 800 people were registered for the tournament, which had a registration deadline of May 30.

Laos confirmed reports that Flores "won very little money" at the poker table on May 29. He said she won only 670 sols, about $237.

Laos said van der Sloot did not win any money that night.

Just days earlier, on May 25, Laos said Flores won $10,000. But he said, it was not at the poker table. The spokesman recalled Flores was with a "male friend" he would not identify in an area where there are only baccarat tables.

Laos said the "male friend" was not van der Sloot. Based on Laos' review of eight to 10 surveillance cameras, he said van der Sloot was not present when Flores won the $10,000. Van der Sloot had been seen in the casino about a week before Flores' death.

Laos said it is common for people to know who the big winners are, and that van der Sloot could have known that Flores had money.

"People talk. Someone who saw her win could have told him. She could have told him," he said.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/06/notes-from-peru-stephany-flores-won-237-the-night-she-was-killed/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.