March 28, 2024, 05:40:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 488297 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1440 on: July 07, 2010, 01:32:02 AM »

FYI - In the event that SM goes down and doesn't come back up for a long period of time (like an entire day), it's likely because the upgrade to the new server is being done.  It may happen this week.  Don't have an exact date yet but thought I'd give you all the heads up.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Sleuth
- good to see you!  I don't remember if you live on the gulf side.  Any oil on the beaches where you are?

I'm on the Atlantic side - no oil on the beaches here, at least for now anyway.

O/T - if you have never seen this...it is really funny..

BP Spills Coffee
http://www.wikio.com/video/bp-spills-coffee-3436161

My son had a baseball game in Houma Louisiana yesterday, on the way home we had to drive across one of the last living cypress swamps in the world,the sun was setting and the scenery was so spectacular it took my breath away.To my surprise I heard my 18 year old son gasp ,I asked him what was wrong and he said nothing, that it sure is pretty.A few miles later as we were headed West on I-10 we crossed the Bonne Carre Spillway and the bridge over Lake Ponchatrain.When we got home the news was reporting that tar balls are now in Lake Ponchatrain.....it made me so very sad....my son and his friends as well. I am very saddened and angry that this is still going on.......unfreakingbelievable!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1441 on: July 07, 2010, 06:41:35 AM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/michael-jacksons-attorney-not-defending-van-der-sloot

Michael Jackson's Attorney Not Defending Van Der Sloot
By Lupe
Created 07/06/2010 - 8:32am

Michael Jackson’s famed lawyer Joe Tacopina is NOT representing Joran van der Sloot once again, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Reports had surfaced that Tacopina - who represented van de Sloot in the Natalee Holloway disappearance case - was now part of his legal team challenging his murder charge of Peruvian student Stephany Flores Ramirez.

But a spokesperson for the New York-based attorney told RadarOnline.com: “Joe Tacopina is not back on the Joran van der Sloot case - in fact he was never on it.”

Van der Sloot is reportedly still being represented by Peruvian lawyer Maximo Altez. His Peruvian attorney is claiming that the Dutchman’s original lawyer was unqualified for the job.

PHOTOS: Van Der Sloot With Murder Victim Hours Before Her Death

"We have searched the name of Luz Romero Chinchay in the list of public defenders provided by the Ministry of Justice and her name was not on the list," Altez told the Associated Press. "We do not know why the police called this lawyer. We want to know who paid for her because my client did not."

As in the U.S., Peruvian law requires that a criminal suspect be provided with a public defender if he can not afford his own lawyer. The public defenders work for the Ministry of Justice.

PHOTOS: Inside The Hotel Room Where Van Der Sloot Left Woman Dead

Working on behalf of van der Sloot, Altez filed suit against Chinchay Friday, alleging abuse of authority and conspiracy to commit a crime.

He is also suing Col. Miguel Canila, the homicide squad chief who led the interrogation resulting in van der Sloot's confession.

PHOTOS: Joran Van Der Sloot's Bloody Shirt

Colorful New York-based lawyer, Tacopina is no stranger to working on cases abroad. He became famous in Italy through the Parmalat affair - a mega-fraud case involving a dairy consortium, and through the proposed takeover (eventually abandoned) of Bologna Football Club by an American consortium.

In 2005, he succeeded as part of the legal team which got Michael Jackson acquitted of child abuse.

Joran Van Der Sloot Confesses To Murder

In the case of the missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, he defended the interests of Joran van der Sloot in Aruba.

PHOTOS: Celebrity Mug Shots

Van der Sloot remains a suspect in the Holloway case too - if found guilty of the Ramirez murder, he faces 15 to 35 years in prison.

I just received this message from Joe T

Sorry Dana...I am not doing interviews but let me state that I am NOT going to peru and am not working on the case in peru. How these rumors get started is beyond me.
J

Joseph Tacopina, Esq.

Not doing interviews (must be tough on a media hog not to be getting mainstream interviews) and not going to Peru (not enough money from Anita) and not working on the case in Peru (of course, not.  He's working on the case in the USA, the case that is going on in Peru).  He does not have to be physically present there to work on the case.  What a POS he is.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1442 on: July 07, 2010, 06:44:30 AM »

FYI - In the event that SM goes down and doesn't come back up for a long period of time (like an entire day), it's likely because the upgrade to the new server is being done.  It may happen this week.  Don't have an exact date yet but thought I'd give you all the heads up.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Sleuth
- good to see you!  I don't remember if you live on the gulf side.  Any oil on the beaches where you are?

I'm on the Atlantic side - no oil on the beaches here, at least for now anyway.

O/T - if you have never seen this...it is really funny..

BP Spills Coffee
http://www.wikio.com/video/bp-spills-coffee-3436161

My son had a baseball game in Houma Louisiana yesterday, on the way home we had to drive across one of the last living cypress swamps in the world,the sun was setting and the scenery was so spectacular it took my breath away.To my surprise I heard my 18 year old son gasp ,I asked him what was wrong and he said nothing, that it sure is pretty.A few miles later as we were headed West on I-10 we crossed the Bonne Carre Spillway and the bridge over Lake Ponchatrain.When we got home the news was reporting that tar balls are now in Lake Ponchatrain.....it made me so very sad....my son and his friends as well. I am very saddened and angry that this is still going on.......unfreakingbelievable!

Happy to hear you had a good trip to Houma.  Sorry that it ended with such sad news from the oil spill.  I always tried to make sure I had plenty of gas before reaching the Ponchatrain.  My tank would always be near-depleted just before the Ponchatrain, so I gassed up in some little town thereabout.  A very dear acquaintance of mine is a dentist in Houma.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1443 on: July 07, 2010, 06:56:40 AM »

Right, Geragos pulled out / was let go for the molestation case. I don't know why and I think only one living person knows what happened there. Mesereau replaced Geragos. So he was on the case first. I try not to follow anything M. Jackson related - just repulsive.

On that note - who wants Jesus juice?

( smiles )

Rob, I remember when that happened.  It had something to do with an airline flight.  Someone help my memory.  I cannot remember the details of that, but I just recall something about an airline flight was involved and Geragos was either responsible for something that happened as a result or was not present for what turned out to be some perceived injustice to the child molester thing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1444 on: July 07, 2010, 07:43:49 AM »

On the last page of the Morning News there is a picture of Val and I believe his girlfriend,looks like the same girl as on his Facebook profile, at one of the soccer celebrations. I don't know how to bring them over from that paper.

http://themorningnewsaruba.com/

Thanks SuzieQ! 

Our internet wasn't working last night, I'm glad it's fixed!

Have a great day Monkeys!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1445 on: July 07, 2010, 08:05:53 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/19435-south-beach-area-tabata-oranjo-oranjo-diamars-atardi.html

Celebrations of the NL soccer game yesterday.  Many photos, here's a couple of people I recognized.

Marlene (I think she looks better after ridding herself of Mark)

I think this is Benvinda de Sousa

Tina Causey Escobedo (mother of Taylor and Brianna Escobedo...FB friends of Joran), Marlene, and I think that may be Neely Cosentino.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/4576170/detail.html

snipped

"I have never felt threatened, felt scared. Aruba is home away from home for me and always will be," said Neely Cosentino, an Aruba homeowner.
Cosentino said she and her husband bought a second home in Aruba and spend more than half the year there. She said they made the investment because they believe the island is safe. The government does not tolerant crime because tourism is their top industry.
"Over 500,000 tourists a year visit Aruba, and if it wasn't because of us Americans, Aruba wouldn't be the way it is. So to answer your question, there is zero tolerance for anybody that is threatening or doing any damage to Americans," said Cosentino.

Neely is also big friends with the Wiggins, and worked on the Tattoo at one time.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1446 on: July 07, 2010, 08:24:39 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

I'm so glad that Tacopino isn't really going to be representing Joran! We won't have to put our hip boots on to wade through his crap!

Have some breakfast with me to celebrate!! <wink>

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1447 on: July 07, 2010, 09:48:41 AM »

On the last page of the Morning News there is a picture of Val and I believe his girlfriend,looks like the same girl as on his Facebook profile, at one of the soccer celebrations. I don't know how to bring them over from that paper.

http://themorningnewsaruba.com/

Thanks SuzieQ! 

Our internet wasn't working last night, I'm glad it's fixed!

Have a great day Monkeys!

Didn't Anita just give an interview where she claimed that she had sent both Sebastian and Val to the USA for now?  Seems like VAL is still in Aruba Wink
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1448 on: July 07, 2010, 09:57:01 AM »

Didn't Anita just give an interview where she claimed that she had sent both Sebastian and Val to the USA for now?  Seems like VAL is still in Aruba Wink

Klaas

I read that early on too.  I believe Anita stated both sons were attending school in the States.  I have been looking for the source off and on since but cannot find it.  Considering school is now out for the summer ... maybe they are both back in Aruba.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1449 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:14 AM »

Found it!

Interview with Anita van der Sloot - De Telegraaf - June 19th 2010

The actual interview:

<snipped>

The road leading up to his arrest in Peru, started in February, she feels. "When Paul died, we all came together in Arnhem for his cremation. My two youngest sons flew in from the US, where they go to college. I came from Aruba and Joran came from somewhere else."

<snipped>

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1450 on: July 07, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »

Good Morning, Monkeys,

CBB, thanks for the coffee and roll!  Hope your son is bettr today.

Wreck, agree--even Joe Taco is distancing himself from Joran now.  Not much room for doubt about him now.  Of course, there will always be those who try to defend the indefensible.

Joran had better take care with his psychological testing.  If there is anywhere in Peru worse than Lurigoncho, it might well be Peru's containment for the CRIMINALLY insane.  The fact he tried to run and conceal his actions says he knew right from wrong which is the usual legal standard for determining guilt.

Also, if I see Marlene Purcell's horse teeth one more time, I'm gonna hurl.  Just giving fair warning.  Arubans before breakfast--nasty!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1451 on: July 07, 2010, 10:33:58 AM »

Found it!

The actual interview:

<snipped>

The road leading up to his arrest in Peru, started in February, she feels. "When Paul died, we all came together in Arnhem for his cremation. My two youngest sons flew in from the US, where they go to college. I came from Aruba and Joran came from somewhere else."

<snipped>

Really? Sebastian is in college?? Is he a boy genius or is she just overall calling all schools "college"?  Funny, how she hates America and thinks we done her boy and country wrong, but when the fit hits the shan, she sends them to us for safety. Hmmmm, interesting.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1452 on: July 07, 2010, 10:39:38 AM »

BooMonkey, my thoughts exactly.  Certainly Sebastian might require some kind of special school but it definitely is not college!  And when Val enrolled here, I was stunned after all the horrible things she had said about the U.S. and our media.

Why didn't she fear her younger son would also be "framed" the was she claims Joran was?  Answer:  She knows everything contended about Joran and more are true and so had no fear for her own children.  After all, it's not likely they would run into another Joran.

I guess predators don't fear much from their prey.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1453 on: July 07, 2010, 10:51:41 AM »

Found it!

The actual interview:

<snipped>

<snipped>

Really? Sebastian is in college?? Is he a boy genius or is she just overall calling all schools "college"?  Funny, how she hates America and thinks we done her boy and country wrong, but when the fit hits the shan, she sends them to us for safety. Hmmmm, interesting.

BooMonkey

School?  College?

Could it be that something was lost in translation.  Maybe Jo-An could clarify.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1454 on: July 07, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »

Found it!

The actual interview:

<snipped>

<snipped>

BooMonkey

School?  College?

Could it be that something was lost in translation.  Maybe Jo-An could clarify.

Janet

I think they call high school college in Aruba.  Sebastian would be what we would call a freshman in high school.  Valentijn is going to actual college.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1455 on: July 07, 2010, 11:06:03 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

I'm so glad that Tacopino isn't really going to be representing Joran! We won't have to put our hip boots on to wade through his crap!

Have some breakfast with me to celebrate!! <wink>

Thanks but ...

A little whipping cream topping the strawberries would be nice and ... maybe green tea rather than coffee.  Don't hit me!!!!

CBB ... your son's journey with knee problems has been a rocky one.  Hopefully ... he is now on the road to recovery.

You are a great Mom!  Your son has been blessed.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1456 on: July 07, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »

JMO,  I don't think Sebastian attended school anywhere other than ISA this past school year.  All indications as far as I've seen are that Sebastian is still in Aruba also.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1457 on: July 07, 2010, 11:50:02 AM »

JMO,  I don't think Sebastian attended school anywhere other than ISA this past school year.  All indications as far as I've seen are that Sebastian is still in Aruba also.

I agree.  When Paulus died, Val was still at Emerson in Boston.  Sebastian may have flown from Aruba to the US to meet with Val for a flight to NL. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1458 on: July 07, 2010, 12:43:34 PM »

Sleuth - that's about the way it is too!  lol

The whole thing is so sad though.

We're keeping our spirits up in spite of it:

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/06/jimmy_buffett_performs_surpris.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1459 on: July 07, 2010, 12:44:51 PM »

I agree.  When Paulus died, Val was still at Emerson in Boston.  Sebastian may have flown from Aruba to the US to meet with Val for a flight to NL. 

2NJ

Are there any images of Sebastian in the past year that would indicate he was not in the States as his mother implied.

College summer break begins at the end of May.  This could account for Val's presence in Aruba partying it up in the time frame that Stephany was murdered.

Elementary, middle and high schools wrap it up at the end of June.

Janet

+++++++

The actual interview:

<snipped>

<snipped>

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.