March 28, 2024, 02:28:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 488375 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1520 on: July 07, 2010, 10:07:53 PM »

Tyler:

Never heard that there is any connection between Jimmy Buffett's family & Warren Buffett.  He and his family are local.  Everyone adored his late parents and love his sister, Lucy who has a great place down at the Gulf:  www.lulusathomeport.com/

His liberal politics are not mine and he's loved here only for his music and fun personality-he composed just about all of his lyrics.  He is a creative genius. 

When he was a youngster he would make all the neighborhood kids living in the neighborhood of the grandmother a friend of mine line up in her garage & listen to him sing & entertain them.  They would roll their eyes and wish they were riding their bikes or playing hopscotch instead. lol  Little did they know how famous he would become.

Yes, his father and Warren are brothers.  He has made so much money and lost more and when he was down on his luck, he would prattle off some liberal crap and old Warren would pull him up by his socks.

No kidding never, ever heard that-are you certain??!    His parents were just plain folks--His dad worked for Scott Paper Company until his retirement & I can't remember what his mom did, but everyone thought the world of them-very down to earth and not pretentious - Jimmy built a great home for them on Mobile Bay & helped Lucy with her restaurant career.

In the early 1970s, in Key West, Jimmy Buffett, Tennessee Williams, Capt. Tony and Magnolia would
all attend the same coctail parties.....never saw Sandra K at a single one of them.  Jimmy is not related
to Warren Buffett.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1521 on: July 07, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »

Tyler:

Never heard that there is any connection between Jimmy Buffett's family & Warren Buffett.  He and his family are local.  Everyone adored his late parents and love his sister, Lucy who has a great place down at the Gulf:  www.lulusathomeport.com/

His liberal politics are not mine and he's loved here only for his music and fun personality-he composed just about all of his lyrics.  He is a creative genius. 

When he was a youngster he would make all the neighborhood kids living in the neighborhood of the grandmother a friend of mine line up in her garage & listen to him sing & entertain them.  They would roll their eyes and wish they were riding their bikes or playing hopscotch instead. lol  Little did they know how famous he would become.

Yes, his father and Warren are brothers.  He has made so much money and lost more and when he was down on his luck, he would prattle off some liberal crap and old Warren would pull him up by his socks.

No kidding never, ever heard that-are you certain??!    His parents were just plain folks--His dad worked for Scott Paper Company until his retirement & I can't remember what his mom did, but everyone thought the world of them-very down to earth and not pretentious - Jimmy built a great home for them on Mobile Bay & helped Lucy with her restaurant career.

In the early 1970s, in Key West, Jimmy Buffett, Tennessee Williams, Capt. Tony and Magnolia would
all attend the same coctail parties.....never saw Sandra K at a single one of them.  Jimmy is not related
to Warren Buffett.

Know nothing of his Key West 1970's/Key West cocktail party guest list .. Jimmy is just a home town boy who grew up here ... When you say "Magnolia" do you mean yourself?  Who is Capt. Tony?  And that Sandra K that was giving everyone fits ???
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1522 on: July 07, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »

I didn't think Warren & Jimmy were related ... Mobilians would have heard that scuttle-butt-lol.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1523 on: July 07, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »

DANA-enjoyed the show even tho I tuned in late..
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1524 on: July 07, 2010, 10:32:04 PM »

Rectification: RNW item concerning Joseph Tacopina
Published on 7 July 2010 - 6:36pm

A report about Joran van der Sloot's legal defence published by Radio Netherlands Worldwide on Tuesday has been withdrawn.

It turns out that New York top lawyer Jospeh Tacopina has not decided to defend the Dutchman in Peru, where he is accused of murdering Stephany Flores. The lawyer did advise Mr Van der Sloot in 2005 after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

Nor did Mr Tacopina defend the late US pop star Michael Jackson in court. He was a member of the singer's defence team in the abuse case brought against him.

RNW had based its report on information published by a Peruvian newspaper, El Comercio.

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/rectification-rnw-item-concerning-joseph-tacopina

Thanks Buckeye. Ya know, I really don`t like Joeshephm Taco Pin. He tried to tell me that the guy who hurt Natalee was a good boy! He lied to me. When people lie to me.... it makes me mad. It`s an insult... it`s like saying somebody`s turban is dirty or something!

Taco                             Pin

Whenever a TV announcer goes to pronounce his name ever again,
if they have seen this image, they will not be able to say his name correctly.
It`s like a brain eating virus.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
FrankC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1525 on: July 08, 2010, 12:01:48 AM »

Is that the second time Joe Taco has withdrawn from this case?
brerlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1526 on: July 08, 2010, 12:06:22 AM »

brerlee

IIRC correctly the conversation was in English ... the language that Paulus has spoken on all his talk show interviews ... the language that Joran has spoken in all his talk show interview.

I am not of the opinion that Joran's sex trade confession reflects the truth regarding what happened to Natalee but ... it is a reflection of Joran's foundational knowledge of the Aruban sex trade at a young age  prior to engaging in sex trade industry in Thailand.  In other words ... Thailand was not where it all began.

Janet
Thank you, Smile

Since English is the main language of commerce for the world, I can understand why most of Joran's and Paulus's interviews are done in English. The people doing the interview will want to sell the interviews to markets in other (European) countries and, especially, to markets in the USA.

But in those interviews, you can see that both Joran and Paulus have difficulty in expressing themselves in English. They have to pause often in order to word their answers. They aren't fluent in English.

And so, if Joran and Paulus were to have a private conversation between the two of them, then I don't think they'd speak English. Since the tape Joran sold to Greta was in English, the fact it was in English should have tipped off Greta (and FOX) that the tape was a phony.

But Greta is still in luv with her Urine, and she'll grab any opportunity to see her idol face-to-face and to throw money at him. Yup, that's Greta, the same-old same-old Greta.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1527 on: July 08, 2010, 12:06:46 AM »

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Aruba's first film festival a breezy, relaxed affairBy

Matthew Belloni
July 7, 2010, 05:31 PM ET

ARUBA -- The tiki torches at the opening-night party were just starting to peter out when a tipsy journalist posed the question everyone was thinking: Who would dare launch a film festival in this economy?

It's a reasonable query. Given the recent demise of fests from Jackson Hole to Las Vegas and the scaling back of even well-known perennials like Tribeca, the prospects for an Aruba International Film Festival might seem as weak as one of Joran van der Sloot's alibis.

But a film festival actually happened last month on this windswept 75-square-mile island in the Dutch Caribbean, an occurrence that most people told Jonathan Vieira, the 29-year-old Aruban musician who co-founded the fest with line producer Giuseppe Cioccarelli, never would happen.

" 'Aruba' and 'film' were not words you heard together," Vieira said between libations at one of the festival's beachfront receptions. "Now they are."

Well, not quite, at least not on the serious film circuit. But the story of how Vieira and Cioccarelli pulled off a real festival in a far-flung locale is instructive for those wondering about the future of the hundreds of regional fests as sponsors have fled, film lovers are traveling less often and fewer fest movies are getting made.

Vieira, born and raised on the remote, 100,000-person island, said he and Cioccarelli, who met through Vieira's mother, began tossing around the idea of an event that would draw tourists and international media as well as locals. After all, the Bahamas, that lush rival to the north, has had a festival for six years, even luring the elusive Johnny Depp to its most recent installment in December.

Vieira didn't know any movie stars, but he had a U.S. film degree and had done some TV production work. More importantly, his grandfather was a member of the Aruban parliament, and his family, which made some money in the import/export business, is well known on the island.

That and some work on an Aruba ad campaign got Vieira a meeting last summer with the country's powerful minister of tourism. After some initial confusion -- the minister thought production tax breaks and a film festival were the same thing -- the government agreed to pay half the R&D costs to pursue an experienced festival director. Vieira funded the rest of his effort with money from his family's beachfront restaurant, the Old Man and the Sea.

Turned out that Cioccarelli's wife, a former publicist, had a connection to Claudio Masenza, a veteran of festivals in Venice and Rome. Masenza also happened to be friends with Richard Gere -- just the kind of potential celebrity honoree necessary to generate buzz for a nascent film event.

From there, Vieira, a charismatic operator who would feel at home at a Hollywood talent agency, took off for Rome.

"I basically leveraged Claudio, telling him the festival was already set up when it was far from being set up," Vieira recalled on a typically humid Aruban afternoon. "In the meantime, I went back to the government, and I said I have a director who is willing to commit and he knows Richard Gere, but I need you to commit."

It was a page from an old producer's handbook, and it worked. "I just had to make sure that those two people didn't talk to each other," Vieira joked.

With Masenza in and the Aruban government footing half of the festival's $1.1 million budget, the co-founders scored another 25% from the island's hotel association -- Vieira again leveraged the tourism board's involvement before it was official -- and scraped together the rest from the airport and a few other sponsors. Vieira knew the son of the owner of the island's surprisingly modern multiplexes, one of which was turned over to the festival free of charge (about a $150,000 value).

Then Masenza made the call. "All Richard said was, 'What do you need?' " the wry Italian recalled.

The budget allowed the festival to begin hiring staff, securing films, engaging Rogers & Cowan to coordinate details and bring in international journalists and such talent as Patricia Clarkson (for Ruba Nadda's "Cairo Time") and Guillermo Arriaga (for "The Burning Plain").

The result was a breezy (literally -- the warm wind never stops), relaxed program heavy on Italian films (not surprising, given Masenza's background) with a touch of Bollywood ("3 Idiots") and American indies (Matt Bissonnette's "Passenger Side" and the Duplass brothers' "Cyrus"). The premieres and a conversation series were well-attended, but the afternoon screenings were less popular, understandable because they took place mostly in a strip mall across the street from crystal blue water and stark white beaches.

Considering the financial state of the world, launching any kind of film event on a remote island must be considered a success. And bringing new visitors and a touch of film culture to an island that typically sees only Hollywood blockbusters has the government (and Vieira) excited about next year's event.

"Aruba is like a really spoiled kid that has every available toy but is not really executing anything," said Vieira, who is plotting a five-year plan for the festival. "We have everything we need, but nobody is connecting the dots. Maybe I'm the dot connector."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/columns/post-card/e3i2505c827162810385a101616fe995494

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
brerlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1528 on: July 08, 2010, 12:28:05 AM »

... the prospects for an Aruba International Film Festival might seem as weak as one of Joran van der Sloot's alibis.
Yes! That one line was worth the price of admission all by itself. Smile

It seems that "Aruba" and the name "Joran van der Sloot" are now intertwined together, forever and ever. How appropriate.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1529 on: July 08, 2010, 12:35:24 AM »

Matthew Belloni

ARUBA -- The tiki torches at the opening-night party were just starting to peter out when a tipsy journalist posed the question everyone was thinking: Who would dare launch a film festival in this economy?

It's a reasonable query. Given the recent demise of fests from Jackson Hole to Las Vegas and the scaling back of even well-known perennials like Tribeca, the prospects for an Aruba International Film Festival might seem as weak as one of Joran van der Sloot's alibis.

But a film festival actually happened last month on this windswept 75-square-mile island in the Dutch Caribbean, an occurrence that most people told Jonathan Vieira, the 29-year-old Aruban musician who co-founded the fest with line producer Giuseppe Cioccarelli, never would happen.

" 'Aruba' and 'film' were not words you heard together," Vieira said between libations at one of the festival's beachfront receptions. "Now they are."

Well, not quite, at least not on the serious film circuit. But the story of how Vieira and Cioccarelli pulled off a real festival in a far-flung locale is instructive for those wondering about the future of the hundreds of regional fests as sponsors have fled, film lovers are traveling less often and fewer fest movies are getting made.

Vieira, born and raised on the remote, 100,000-person island, said he and Cioccarelli, who met through Vieira's mother, began tossing around the idea of an event that would draw tourists and international media as well as locals. After all, the Bahamas, that lush rival to the north, has had a festival for six years, even luring the elusive Johnny Depp to its most recent installment in December.

Vieira didn't know any movie stars, but he had a U.S. film degree and had done some TV production work. More importantly, his grandfather was a member of the Aruban parliament, and his family, which made some money in the import/export business, is well known on the island.

That and some work on an Aruba ad campaign got Vieira a meeting last summer with the country's powerful minister of tourism. After some initial confusion -- the minister thought production tax breaks and a film festival were the same thing -- the government agreed to pay half the R&D costs to pursue an experienced festival director. Vieira funded the rest of his effort with money from his family's beachfront restaurant, the Old Man and the Sea.

Turned out that Cioccarelli's wife, a former publicist, had a connection to Claudio Masenza, a veteran of festivals in Venice and Rome. Masenza also happened to be friends with Richard Gere -- just the kind of potential celebrity honoree necessary to generate buzz for a nascent film event.

From there, Vieira, a charismatic operator who would feel at home at a Hollywood talent agency, took off for Rome.

"I basically leveraged Claudio, telling him the festival was already set up when it was far from being set up," Vieira recalled on a typically humid Aruban afternoon. "In the meantime, I went back to the government, and I said I have a director who is willing to commit and he knows Richard Gere, but I need you to commit."

It was a page from an old producer's handbook, and it worked. "I just had to make sure that those two people didn't talk to each other," Vieira joked.

With Masenza in and the Aruban government footing half of the festival's $1.1 million budget, the co-founders scored another 25% from the island's hotel association -- Vieira again leveraged the tourism board's involvement before it was official -- and scraped together the rest from the airport and a few other sponsors. Vieira knew the son of the owner of the island's surprisingly modern multiplexes, one of which was turned over to the festival free of charge (about a $150,000 value).

Then Masenza made the call. "All Richard said was, 'What do you need?' " the wry Italian recalled.

The budget allowed the festival to begin hiring staff, securing films, engaging Rogers & Cowan to coordinate details and bring in international journalists and such talent as Patricia Clarkson (for Ruba Nadda's "Cairo Time") and Guillermo Arriaga (for "The Burning Plain").

The result was a breezy (literally -- the warm wind never stops), relaxed program heavy on Italian films (not surprising, given Masenza's background) with a touch of Bollywood ("3 Idiots") and American indies (Matt Bissonnette's "Passenger Side" and the Duplass brothers' "Cyrus"). The premieres and a conversation series were well-attended, but the afternoon screenings were less popular, understandable because they took place mostly in a strip mall across the street from crystal blue water and stark white beaches.

Considering the financial state of the world, launching any kind of film event on a remote island must be considered a success. And bringing new visitors and a touch of film culture to an island that typically sees only Hollywood blockbusters has the government (and Vieira) excited about next year's event.

"Aruba is like a really spoiled kid that has every available toy but is not really executing anything," said Vieira, who is plotting a five-year plan for the festival. "We have everything we need, but nobody is connecting the dots. Maybe I'm the dot connector."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/columns/post-card/e3i2505c827162810385a101616fe995494
Gee, -- I wonder who the "tipsy journalist" was?

pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1530 on: July 08, 2010, 12:37:42 AM »

Okay, I can't read anymore...

Good Nite Monkeys!

God BLESS!

Justice for Natalee and Stephany!!

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1531 on: July 08, 2010, 12:48:55 AM »

Matthew Belloni

Gee, -- I wonder who the "tipsy journalist" was?

My favorite part of the event this year is where Joran was getting booked into prison all week on global news why this POS was transpiring. It was a nice touch!

.....timing is everything.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1532 on: July 08, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »

Okay, I can't read anymore...

Good Nite Monkeys!

God BLESS!

Justice for Natalee and Stephany!!

pb

Night night PB!

------------------
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #1533 on: July 08, 2010, 02:05:22 AM »

Klaas...
Is the server upgrade complete?
If so...Kudos to the team.....
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #1534 on: July 08, 2010, 02:08:45 AM »

Whore of Satin......nice Tylergal....
Nominated for Best Post of the Day... Smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1535 on: July 08, 2010, 02:19:35 AM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/7131972/___Proces_in_vrijheid_afwachten___.html?p=13,2

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1536 on: July 08, 2010, 02:23:55 AM »

brerlee

IIRC correctly the conversation was in English ... the language that Paulus has spoken on all his talk show interviews ... the language that Joran has spoken in all his talk show interview.

I am not of the opinion that Joran's sex trade confession reflects the truth regarding what happened to Natalee but ... it is a reflection of Joran's foundational knowledge of the Aruban sex trade at a young age  prior to engaging in sex trade industry in Thailand.  In other words ... Thailand was not where it all began.

Janet

Thank you, Smile

Since English is the main language of commerce for the world, I can understand why most of Joran's and Paulus's interviews are done in English. The people doing the interview will want to sell the interviews to markets in other (European) countries and, especially, to markets in the USA.

But in those interviews, you can see that both Joran and Paulus have difficulty in expressing themselves in English. They have to pause often in order to word their answers. They aren't fluent in English.

And so, if Joran and Paulus were to have a private conversation between the two of them, then I don't think they'd speak English. Since the tape Joran sold to Greta was in English, the fact it was in English should have tipped off Greta (and FOX) that the tape was a phony.

But Greta is still in luv with her Urine, and she'll grab any opportunity to see her idol face-to-face and to throw money at him. Yup, that's Greta, the same-old same-old Greta.

brerlee

You make a good point.  I agree that Joran and his Dad in all probability  would not converse privately in English.  However ... in my opinion ... when interviewed in the American talk show circuit they both articulate English very well ... especially Joran.

I would hope that by now Greta is not inclined to believe ANYTHING  that comes from the lips of Joran van der Sloot.

Good Night

Janet
11:25 PM PT

++++++

Fallout From Joran van der Sloot's 'On the Record' Interview
Wednesday, November 26, 2008

JOE TACOPINA: You paid him for a tape that he made and wound up getting an hour interview with him. And so be it, Greta. Great TV, great ratings-
 -
GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: Do you have a problem with that?

TACOPINA: Yes, I do have a problem with it, Greta, because if you offered Joran $10,000 tomorrow and ask him to tell you a fifth story, he would do it.
Clearly, he's a sick kid. Clearly, I have nothing to say in defense of his actions, Greta. OK?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457715,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1537 on: July 08, 2010, 02:28:02 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/19471-abogado-a-celebra-victoria-di-hulanda-all-out-y-a-termina-deteni.html

advocate is remain deteni after by owing to celebra victoria by the netherlands all out

wednesday, 07 july 2010 14:40

the person envolvi in the desgracia by tuesday at night at palm beach is the advocate dutch harm j. van der wals. (naci at 1954) trahando at james hammer associates. past owing to strike in three car y hour owing to test before drunkenness the alcohol in her breath owing to measure 700 ugl (limite permiti: 220 ugl). past owing to remain deteni but after by interogacion the can owing to bay cas numa.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1538 on: July 08, 2010, 02:39:30 AM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/What-makes-van-der-Sloot-tick/etmPTMEMuEyzuF9U8nDJuw.cspx

What makes van der Sloot tick?

Last Update: 7/07 8:43 pm

Birmingham, Al  (WIAT) What makes Joran van der Sloot tick?  Perhaps more urgently, is he a crazed pyscho killer preying on young women? 

Although two grieving families, one in Peru and one here in Alabama, would like answers of their own, a team of Peruvian psychologists will be grilling van der Sloot at Lima's Castro Castro prison this week.

According to Peru.com, a team of experts were to visit the accused killer this week as part of the criminal proceedings unfolding against the Dutchman.

RadarOnLine.com says Van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney said that the defense will submit their own psychological profiles on van der Sloot, dating back to his childhood.

As previously reported here on CBS42.com, van der Sloot's own mother has questioned his sanity. 

MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1539 on: July 08, 2010, 08:07:55 AM »

Tyler:

VERY OFF TOPIC

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.