March 28, 2024, 06:24:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 488405 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1880 on: July 13, 2010, 06:07:55 PM »

"Dud Police in Aruba"   Monkey Devil!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1881 on: July 13, 2010, 06:20:40 PM »

So nice to have the new server.  Thanks to all!! 

I found this translation of Anita's interview in Panorama interesting since she admits to Joran killing two
girls and that she has talked to him several times since he has been in Peru.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Anita van der Sloot, mother of Joran van der Sloot, said that if her son's culpability in the murder of the peruvian Sthefany Flores and the northamerican Natalee Holloway is proven, she will never see him or help him ever again.

"If it is proven that it was him that murdererd the girl then what needs to happen must happen, Im not going to look for him in his cell, I have no motive to do it" she said in an interview for a foreign media, reproduced for the show "Panorama".

She said, Joran sufered a strong impact after his father's death, which caused a psychological disorder in her son.

"I think that Joran due to all those traumatic experiences has changed and he's really a psychiatric patient that needs help", she added.

For that reason, she said, she was thinking of having him admitted to a psychiatric clinic where he would receive adequate treatment, which was aborted when unexpectedly Joran traveled to Peru to participate in a poker tournament.

She told that he only left her a letter saying that he was traveling to Peru for a while because he had no peace in Aruba constantly persecuted for the murder of Holloway.

When he arrived in Peru, Joran talked to his mother via telephone, conversation in which Anita told him "Sink in the ground, Im not doing anymore for you", because she could foresee her son could do something bad in our country.

After some time passed and without hearing from him, she received a second call from Joran in panic, where he informed her that he was being chased because supposebly he had won a lot of money in the poker tournament and they wanted to steal it from him.

Anita narrated that he told her that in our country it was already known about his background as a suspect in the murder of Holloway which is why he would escape to Chile to seek shelter at the Netherland's embassy.

Hours later, Anita van der Sloot found out that the Peruvian police where after her son for being suspect of the murder of Stefany Flores.

"When I start finding out what is happening, because people from Holland began to call and also from America, he called me once again and said he was on his way to Chile because he was being chased and feared for his life" she stated.

"At that moment I told him that I knew he was suspect in the murder of a young peruvian woman, but he assured me that he was not guilty and that Stefany would have been murdered by the people that were after him", she added.

For a moment, she said, she believed him totatlly and recommended he presented himself to the police and sought shelter in the Holland embassy in Chile.

Nevertheless, with the irrefutable evidence of his culpability of the crime, Anita had to accept her son was a murderer.

"I think its horrible for the parents (of the murdered young ladies), I can imagine their desperation. In fact, I too have lost my own son and in some way it has been from his own doing (...). I cant imagine how those people must feel. Simply, I would like to hold those parents in my arms and cry with them a bit", she maintained.

She said she understood the families of the young ladies murdered by her son and other persons wanting the maximum sanction for him, but as his mother the last support she would give her son would be to hire him a lawyer to defend him and assure him good treatment in prison.

"Ive had a brief contact with him (after admitted to prison), but I told him that I was thankful to also think of me, but remain in your cell, I hope you feel good facing all that you have caused to those people that have lost their daughters but also the rest of your family that now one way or another we too are victims of your acts", she finalized.

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2010-07-11--de-ser-culpable-no-vere-mas-a-mi-hijo--dice-madre-de-van-der-sloot-noticia_279198.html

"She said, Joran sufered a strong impact after his father's death, which caused a psychological disorder in her son."
Yeah, sure, Anita, that's when it all happened.
GET A FRIGGIN' CLUE ALREADY!!!

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1882 on: July 13, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1883 on: July 13, 2010, 06:36:18 PM »

I be confused> I thought it was said that we would only have 50 page threads from now on?

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1884 on: July 13, 2010, 06:56:21 PM »

I be confused> I thought it was said that we would only have 50 page threads from now on?

We are letting  threads that are currently past 50 finish out to 100.  New threads will be 50. (Or existing threads that are under 50 will be changed at 50) This thread was on past 50 when Klaas gave directions to mods to change at 50... 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:01:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1885 on: July 13, 2010, 07:01:18 PM »

There's an article on Jan vd Straten on RNW today. He's happy about the findings of the investigation and is pondering further steps.

http://www.rnw.nl/caribiana/article/van-der-straten-wil-naamszuivering

only in Dutch for now

I wonder what further steps are.

Is there any way this guy can be the Chief of Police again in Aruba?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1886 on: July 13, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »

Muffy is correct.  When I was told to go to 50 pages per thread, THIS thread was already past 50.  My instructions were anything over 50 to go to 100 this time but all future to be 50.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1887 on: July 13, 2010, 07:17:09 PM »

There's an article on Jan vd Straten on RNW today. He's happy about the findings of the investigation and is pondering further steps.

only in Dutch for now

Probably looking for some monetary gain.  He's in a better position as the Drug Tzar than he would be as Chief of Police.  Besides, if anyone looks like a heart attack he does.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1888 on: July 13, 2010, 08:22:26 PM »

We didn't get to see the actual report on vd Straten and only have their word for what it said.  But if that is accurate, it doesn't say there was no misconduct, only that there was none attributable to the Straten/Sloot relationship.

I find that odd.  But even if it is that there was no misconduct, it isn't as though vd Straten wasn't in a position to destroy evidence.  We already know that he had contact with Paulus during those first ten days.  I believe even Paulus admited this at some point in time or at least said they were friends. 

So what happened to the phone records that supposedly showed contact between those two?  Like everything else, things just disappear.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1889 on: July 13, 2010, 08:42:50 PM »

only in Dutch for now

Probably looking for some monetary gain.  He's in a better position as the Drug Tzar than he would be as Chief of Police.  Besides, if anyone looks like a heart attack he does.

Nothing like a former Corrupt Police Chief to be a drug tzar.  He would surely bring Aruba back on top with all his drug sales.  That's one way to recoup their money they lost in their tourism industry for the coverup of Natalee's murder.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1890 on: July 13, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »

We didn't get to see the actual report on vd Straten and only have their word for what it said.  But if that is accurate, it doesn't say there was no misconduct, only that there was none attributable to the Straten/Sloot relationship.

I find that odd.  But even if it is that there was no misconduct, it isn't as though vd Straten wasn't in a position to destroy evidence.  We already know that he had contact with Paulus during those first ten days.  I believe even Paulus admited this at some point in time or at least said they were friends. 

So what happened to the phone records that supposedly showed contact between those two?  Like everything else, things just disappear.

Actual report:   Monkey Devil!

pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1891 on: July 13, 2010, 08:59:09 PM »

So nice to see everyone 

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1892 on: July 13, 2010, 08:59:47 PM »

I found the problem! Fixed.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Carpe:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6981.msg1182862#msg1182862

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1893 on: July 13, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1894 on: July 13, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »

Seriously though, we know there wasn't an actual investigation.   
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1895 on: July 13, 2010, 09:22:33 PM »

Shhhhh don't tell them we know.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1896 on: July 13, 2010, 09:40:19 PM »

Shhhhh don't tell them we know.
It's like they simply REFUSE to learn. They are damned to keep themselves in the same boat through etrnity. So be it. 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1897 on: July 13, 2010, 09:51:25 PM »

The court stenographer:

Monkey Devil!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1898 on: July 13, 2010, 10:12:07 PM »

Beth Holloway:

Jan van der Stratten is corrupt to the core of his existence.  He just doesn't deserve any more words..

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2008/02/13/scared-monkeys-radio-daily-commentary-wednesday-february-13-2008-tonights-dana-pretzer-show-to-be-one-of-the-hardest-hitting-shows-to-date/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1899 on: July 13, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »

Yeah, but even if it had nothing to do with his relationship with sloots, the fact is Uncle Jan REFUSED to collect any forensics!

Why isn't he being charged with dereliction of duty or something like that?  Does it ONLY have to be Sloot connected?  Why'd he arrest the security guards when he already knew they had an alibi, etc.?

Who was supposed to have conducted this investigation?  And why didn't it answer any of the real questions?  I care what he did and did not do, not WHY!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.