April 18, 2024, 10:29:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #580 2/1 - 2/4/2007  (Read 115949 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #980 on: February 05, 2007, 07:02:37 PM »

I had Hepatitis A at age four and was underweight so my family would try to get me to eat anything including candy but not chocolate as it is bad for liver is you have been sick with that.  I had awful taste in my mouth when I had it and for a while afterwords.

Those colorful hard rock candies like you see at Christmas time always remind me of that.   Rolling Eyes

But I liked divinity and they made it at home or me, was wonderful.  Would make it different colors to try to catch my eye, etc. white, pink, blue and yellow.  Fluffy and like I have never been able to duplicate.

Guess they thought it would make me gain weight to eat a buncha sweets but didn't and I really didn't like them all that much.  

We have Clementines which is a tangerine that I did adore and ate so many of those I got a rash once.  I had a little case of them this year, also, best tangerine in the universe to me.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #981 on: February 05, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "San"
[

I don't remember getting a burger, fries and a coke for a quarter.  What does that make me Laughing .

San,
I guess you would be younger than dirt,  Very Happy not sure what it would make you.  But then you live in an area with higher cost of living so that would be a factor as well.  

We could get all dressed up, including gloves and maybe a hat especially in summer, ride the city bus all over, change if needed, etc. for about fifty cents, eat Krystals after removing gloves and then go to movie for about a quarter at a beautiful Tivoli Theatre, now Opera House.  In other words, we could just do it all for under a dollar.

And we were safe.   Evil or Very Mad  Mad  Evil or Very Mad When a child was kidnapped when I was a child, it was NATIONAL news and very rare.  No matter what anybody says, I know these crimes against children are far, far more prevalent today than when I was young.  We would hear on the news about a child missing in say California and it was a HUGE deal.  Now there are so many we usually don't even hear anything.

I could do all this with my big sister who was only about fourteen and I was eight to ten, all by ourselves and actually expect to return home alive and unharmed and everything!  And we could cram three movies into one Saturday if we really hurried around and had $2.  State, Capitol and Tivoli but I only remember doing two in one day but she insists we did the kiddie show in the morning then the regular Matinée in afternoon at the same place sometimes.  Guess since she was older, she remembers better.  That and the Krystals were about all a person could stand.[/quote]
You are right Anna.  When we heard about a child missing our eyes would be like this Shocked .
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #982 on: February 05, 2007, 07:03:12 PM »

Anna- I had a serious addiction to Diet Coke. I finally broken it and am down to just a 12 pack a week now.  Very Happy  It was like crack for me. I like to think I have it all under control now. LOL.

Man-o-man those cats are mesmerized. Prolly part of the reason I dont like cats, other than the Cat.  

And that poor mouse.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #983 on: February 05, 2007, 07:04:29 PM »

Please move to LCD# 581

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=818
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #984 on: February 05, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »

[quote="Anna"

And we were safe.   Evil or Very Mad  Mad  Evil or Very Mad When a child was kidnapped when I was a child, it was NATIONAL news and very rare.  No matter what anybody says, I know these crimes against children are far, far more prevalent today than when I was young.  We would hear on the news about a child missing in say California and it was a HUGE deal.  Now there are so many we usually don't even hear anything.
[/quote]

I am with you Anna.  No where near the same crime rate against children.  When I was going to school had about half a mile walk and one day after school a little girl was grabbed and taken into a vacant block behind a huge hedge.  We knew nothing about it - she must have been coming home late or something.  Anyway there was a great to-do in our little town and all of us kids were warned repeatedly about talking to strangers, loitering after school and so on.  We had no idea what it was all about or what could have happened to the girl that was so dreadful.  But I know we all used to run like the wind past the hedge everyday after that, as if the man was still waiting there, even though he was imprisoned for the attack and her murder.  It was years before I knew what must have befallen the girl.  We were so innocent.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.