April 20, 2024, 01:34:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #581 2/5 - 2/10/2007  (Read 115778 times)
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2007, 10:05:59 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
From Amigoe:

Illegal dump Moko is burning since Friday morning

While the illegal dump is heavily smouldering, Atco is dumping.  The fire department told the owner to cover the fire with sand, but according to the neighbours, Atco was carrying very flammable pallet residue.

ORANJESTAD – Just what the neighbours were afraid of, the fire that started in the 20 meters deep pit of waste cannot be extinguished.  The fire department and the police cannot do anything other than monitor the fire.  They advised the owner on Saturday to take measures.  The stench and smoke is unbearable for the neighbours.  Several of them have already been evacuated to family or friends.  
On Friday evening around sunset, the fire department received reporting that there was fire on the illegal dump Monk.  At that time, the fire department could already smell that something was smouldering.  The fire caused considerable smoke developments and due to the hard wind, the fire could be smelled in big parts of Noord.  
It was already too dark when the fire department reached the site on Friday evening.  The fire could have been extinguished with a whole lot of water, but because it was too dark and the grounds around the pit was too dangerous for heavy equipment, the fire brigade returned to their station without being able to do anything.  
Check your firetrucks guys!  Those E-One trucks have big spotlights on them!
They didn’t think that the fire was an immediate danger to the buildings in the area and besides, they didn’t have enough water to really put the fire out.  The pit is deep and it contains about 20 meter of waste,which was smouldering.  Fire like this can take weeks before it is extinguished.  
The fire brigade came back on Saturday morning.  The rain and hard wind didn’t help any.  It only stirred up more smoke.  They ordered the owner to take measures and pour sand over the fire.  The owner promised to do this and would involve Atco, a permanent customer on this dump.
Surprisingly, instead of bringing sand, Atco came with three trucks full of pallet residue.  The drivers were ordered by their boss to empty the trucks.  They didn’t know more. Atco was not available for comments on Monday morning.
The situation was worse on Sunday.  Several neighbours that could no longer stand the smell went elsewhere; away from the smoke.  Also on Sunday did the fire department monitor the fire.  They did this with a helicopter.  The wisp of smoke was gigantic, but there was no danger for the neighbouring buildings.   On Monday morning the environmental police wasn’t even aware of problems on Monk.  They promised to get informed as soon as possible and figure out what legal steps can be taken against the owner and users of the illegal dump.  
The neighbours instituted legal proceedings against the owner to force him to take measures.  They also want to make the owner and users liable for all the consequences of this fire and smoke development.  The fire department didn’t determine how the air quality in the wisp of smoke is.

i remember some SUPER SMART ROBOTS talking about fire pits a couple weeks ago....who was that robots ?? Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2007, 10:06:59 AM »

Tib,you are so right,those are friends.You knew what a black and tan is.I like the games,also.Do you have mice in Tasmania.I like the micey.Do they have fangs and spurs like everything else.Take care monkeys,I will be watching.My grandfather and Father served with some Anzacs in WW11.They both got home fine.I read a book about Krakatoa that explained a lot about Australia.The Wallace line,who Wallace was and the dangers of Radical Islam,that started in Indonesia.CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2007, 10:09:15 AM »

I only drink Milo tea and a shot of everclear.HEHE cat

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »

Joran can't keep under control,parents are possible buying pro's to play with,where ever he is.I think,imho,that guilt is good.joran has no guilt,which is why he is a sociopath.He raped over 20 women ,before he lost it with Natalee.It will build and fester,until it erupts.I suspect someone from aruba is talking.Beth is having a housewarming this weekend.I think she is doing ok.I hope,anyway.I have very strong opionons,that I don't express,but I hope that joran abuses a woman from the Frisian islands in Netherlands.Justice will come quickly and suddenly.I feel EVERY DUTCH FAMILY IN aruba KNOWS THE TRUTH.I noticed the online gambling ban is hurting aruba,quite badly,I hope.Hey Tib,can I play with a funnel web,not  CAT

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2007, 10:47:21 AM »

I have MEDICAL question!  Sunfreak, are you out there?  My Alkaline Phosphatase is 171.. flagged by the lab as high.  What's that mean?  TY

Maybe the fire will burn underneath and collapse inward on itself.  That would suck, wouldn't it?

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2007, 10:52:58 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
I have MEDICAL question!  Sunfreak, are you out there?  My Alkaline Phosphatase is 171.. flagged by the lab as high.  What's that mean?  TY

Maybe the fire will burn underneath and collapse inward on itself.  That would suck, wouldn't it?

Peaches, I don't know what it means, but am saying a prayer that all is well!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Bring Natalee home...
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2007, 10:55:57 AM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "Peaches"

Peaches, I don't know what it means, but am saying a prayer that all is well!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Thank you, sweetie.  I'm just trying to get smarter!  
How's your sis?  Doesn't she live here?

Expect a miracle.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »

Peaches
I am not a registered nurse or physician but I worked in a hospital lab for 15 years.  ALP were used to measure various things including liver function. I won't detail all of them here. Maybe to see how your liver is holding up from various meds.  Also a marker for many other variables.  Call your doctor and ask him.  Only he will be able to tell you if it is significant in your case or not.  

Sorry, for answering for Sunfreak and when she gets here she may well contradict all that I know. And that is okay too.

Morning monkeys.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »

Thanks Peaches. My sis does live there and she's doing OK. She recently had a pain block in her forehead for her migraines which she suffers constantly from...She said it was the most painful thing she'd ever gone through. She's had many blocks in her neck, but this is the first time she's had it in her forehead...We're going over there in a few weekends to check out her new digs and let her enjoy the kiddies!!

Bring Natalee home...
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2007, 11:06:19 AM »

Peaches
Also meant to add that ALP is an enzyme in the blood, liver and other organs.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2007, 11:14:40 AM »

See you monkeys later, have work to do. Enjoy the day!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2007, 11:22:30 AM »

[quote="robots i remember some SUPER SMART ROBOTS talking about fire pits a couple weeks ago....who was that robots ?? Cool[/quote]

Yes, I remember that discussion.  It would be a tragedy if by chance Natalee was really buried there,  we now will never  know.  

Fires like this don't just set themselves.......

Maine, born and raised!
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2007, 11:24:35 AM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
[quote="robots i remember some SUPER SMART ROBOTS talking about fire pits a couple weeks ago....who was that robots ?? Cool

Yes, I remember that discussion.  It would be a tragedy if by chance Natalee was really buried there,  we now will never  know.  

Fires like this don't just set themselves.......[/quote]

Like in the landfill?

Bring Natalee home...
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2007, 11:26:32 AM »

yes mishy

Maine, born and raised!
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2007, 11:28:16 AM »

Quote from: "Cat"
I only drink Milo tea and a shot of everclear.HEHE cat

That will clean your pipes out!!! Razz  Razz  Razz

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »

Morning Monkeys.  
The following was posted on the AOL Holloway message board:  

Last week's Todays Woman mag featured Aruba as Destination of the week, lovely pics and glowing words about the happy island  

The friend who forwarded it to me said it is a Louisvilled, KY Women's magazine.  I googled it, but could not find the articles.  The only articles available online are for the last couple months of 2006 and I didn't find it there.  Maybe someone else has better sources or googling skills.  I wouldn't want to write them complaining on the basis of a message board post.  Need to find the article.  

OT notes (from CNN):  

A springer spaniel named Duchess ended up in frigid icy water in Colorado.  A passerby saw it and asked a guy standing there if he had called for help.  He said No, they called her and she didn't come.  In other words, it was the owner standing there watching her die because she didn't come when called.  The passerby called 911 and somehow the fire department got there before she died.   She's in a shelter now and is being visited by the passerby, not her family.  Just one more example of heartlessness in our world.   Crying or Very sad

Tibro, they caught a kangaroo in California this morning.  No word on how it got there.  I hope they find out who the smugglers are.   Mad

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2007, 12:20:50 PM »

Does the same Coast Guard patrol Aruba?  Certainly gives you a sense of security knowing their Coast Guard has killed two snorkelers.  

Curaçao

Criminal investigation into the two members of the coastguard  
WILLEMSTAD – The Public Prosecutor (OM) started a criminal investigation into the two members of the coastguard for culpable homicide as a result of the deadly accident with a female snorkler in the Vaersenbaai last November.    

Two of the four fleet operators that were on the ‘go fast’ are now being considered suspects.  They have already been interrogated by the National-detectives last week.  The two suspects are the woman T.R. and the man C.M., both in their early twenties.  One of them was the driver and the other was the skipper.  The two suspects are still working for the coastguard, but on land.  For the time being, they are not allowed to be on the water.  Whether they will be prosecuted depends on the result of the criminal investigation that follows the inquiry of the facts.  Several witnesses have already been heard, which means that a lot of facts are already set, but a criminal investigation is sill a different type of investigation, says press officer Giselle Veen-Jonkhout.  “These are suspects that also have rights, like to have a lawyer.”

That only two of the four crew members are considered suspects, has to do with the fact that at the time of the accident, the other two didn’t influence the navigation movements of the boat.    

Veen-Jonkhout couldn’t say how long the criminal investigation was going to take.  The Harbour- and Shipping Inspection and the Military Police, under the direction of the OM did the inquiry of the facts, which was wrapped up mid January.  

Last year on November 19th, the 53-year old Els Hermanus was killed, while snorkeling.  The boat of the coastguard was patrolling the area at very high speed. The woman that surfaced right at that moment was caught by the screw of the boat and killed instantly.  The accident caused much criticism on the boating behaviour of the coastguard patrols.  By now, the coastguard is trying to jazz up her image by working more efficient and subdued, no burly attitude, and where necessary, move bashfully in the water.  Right after the accident, friends of Els Hermanus came up against the press-photographers that were present.  They didn’t want them to take pictures of the body.  That’s when the discussion on placing pictures of victims of accidents in the media regenerated again and also the right on invasion of privacy and portrait.  
 http://www.amigoe.com/english/index.html

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2007, 12:26:30 PM »

Thanks, Lala's.  I was just nosy.

Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »

I was just looking at the Sleep Number bed's web page and look what it says in the bottom left hand corner.  Enter to win a trip to ARUBA Shocked .

http://www.selectcomfort.com/mattress_store/index.cfm
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2007, 12:49:09 PM »

Quote from: "San"
I was just looking at the Sleep Number bed's web page and look what it says in the bottom left hand corner.  Enter to win a trip to ARUBA Shocked .

http://www.selectcomfort.com/mattress_store/index.cfm

Grrrrr

Who in the world would want to go there, especially now, what with all the pollution?
I hope they get that fire extinguished fast, though, for the sake of the people having to breathe it.  I would imagine a child breathing that may have lung problems later in life, which would be sad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.