March 28, 2024, 08:09:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro-Pet Adult Daily Vitamin Supplement for Dogs  (Read 2070 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« on: June 23, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »

The FDA has a RECALL for:

Pro-Pet Adult Daily Vitamin Supplement for Dogs

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm216903.htm

United Pet Group Voluntarily Recalls Pro-Pet Adult Daily Vitamin
Supplement for Dogs Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –- June 22, 2010 – United Pet Group, Cincinnati, Ohio is voluntarily recalling all unexpired lots of its PRO-PET ADULT DAILY VITAMIN Supplement tablets for Dogs due to possible Salmonella contamination.  The Food and Drug Administration is aware of this recall.

The product was sold nationally at various retailers.  The product comes in 100-count white plastic bottles with a light blue label, and UPC code 26851-01800.  These products are being removed from retail stores and consumers should immediately stop feeding these supplements to their pets.  The affected products are those with expiration dates on or before "06/13". The expiration date can be found imprinted vertically on the right side of the product label.

Laboratory testing has revealed that one Lot of this vitamin product was contaminated with Salmonella.  The company is recalling all unexpired Lots of the product out of an abundance of caution.

Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.

People who handle dry pet food and/or treats can become infected with Salmonella, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the chews or any surfaces exposed to these products. Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.

Consumers who have purchased the product are urged to contact United Pet Group or the place of purchase for further direction. Consumers may contact United Pet Group at 1-800-645-5154 ext. 3, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:53:12 PM »

These are the exact vitamins I give my dog.  Sad  But thankfully he has shown none of the symptoms so far.  Still pulling them immediately, feeling really bad he's even had one out of this container.  <shiver me timbers>  Kind of a creepy feeling. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 02:43:48 AM »

OMG in my email... more united pet products recall. 

First it was Pet Pro Adult vitamins for dogs...

now its a whole long freakin LIST of Pet Pro and other nutritional supplements.  Dogs AND cats as well now.  If you give your pet anything besides food, check this list.  Lots of different companies, not just pet pro.

United Pet Group Voluntarily Expands Recall of Nutritional Supplements For Dogs to Include Additional Tablet and Powdered-Form Products for Dogs and Cats Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm217999.htm

Please help spread the word!! 

This stuff is bought in ordinary places like down at the walmart.  I gotta head down there with stuff I've been giving my dog, and back to the vet we go.  Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.