April 19, 2024, 10:25:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #165 7/14/10 - 7/19/10  (Read 174900 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: June 25, 2010, 06:58:16 PM »

Justice for Caylee
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:40:31 PM by klaasend » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »

Justice for Caylee!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 05:24:36 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/web_links/071410-Anthony-defense-witnesses
Expert witnesses for Casey Anthony look at trunk, trash
Few details are released

Updated: Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 4:54 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The trunk of Casey Anthony’s Pontiac Sunfire has been carefully inspected by a team of expert witnesses. They also combed over a bag of trash, loaded with tiny little bugs called coffin flies, empty soda cans, a dirty pizza box and broken hangers.

Casey Anthony’s defense team arrived just after 9 a.m. on Wednesday and left just three and a half hours later around 12:30 in the afternoon.
Anthony attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney mason spent a second morning at the orange county sheriff’s office with the five forensic experts.

Still, not one of them would tell us exactly what they are focusing on, which could include any number of articles documented in hundreds upon hundreds of files -- possible evidence in the murder of Caylee Anthony.

“We collected from the list and property sheets what we felt was important to both the states case and ours,” said Baez.
On Wednesday, the team concentrated on evidence which deputies collected from the Pontiac Sunfire. The lead detective on the case said it smelled like there had been a dead body in the trunk.

Investigators tested several stains in the trunk for proof. They also tested the bag of garbage.

Discovery documents released by prosecutors revealed the state's entomologist found "coffin flies" in the vehicle, which breed in human corpses.

Before Wednesday’s visit by defense experts, Baez and dr. Henry lee were the only two team members to have inspected the Pontiac. Now, DNA experts from Europe, as well as an entomologist have had an opportunity to look at the evidence.

“Anytime you get a chance to inspect something you’ve never seen before, only in photographs, it’s a completely different way of looking at things,” said Baez. “Sometimes you pick up on things that are missed and lost sometimes. It’s a lot clearer.”

In other developments, lawyers will grill Casey Anthony’s big brother, lee, and her mother, Cindy, on Thursday. They will focus on a 911 call that started the search for little Caylee.

“There's something wrong. I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car,” Cindy Anthony is heard telling a 911 operator during a phone call placed in July of 2008.

Cindy later said that the odor could have been from rotting pizza. Lawyers for the state want Cindy to clarify herself again. They contend that her statement was an excited utterance and should be admissible in court. The defense wants the entire 911 call tossed out, saying it amounts to hearsay and not fact.
This will also be the first time since October of 2008 -- when Casey was arrested -- that George, Cindy, Lee and Casey will be in the same room. Cindy will be face-to-face with her own daughter as she is testifying, answering questions from the state and the defense.

“Like anyone that's going to testify in a courtroom, she’s a little bit nervous about that,” said Cindy Anthony’s attorney Brad Conway, “but you’ve got to remember she has already given a deposition, has talked about this on numerous occasions with numerous people, so she’s ready to go in and tell the truth tomorrow.”

After Cindy Anthony testifies in court, the judge is expected to make a decision on the admissibility of the 911 recordings and should rule on Thursday.

Anthony's murder trial is set to begin on May 9, 2011. She remains jailed on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of her daughter Caylee who was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home on December 11, 2008. Investigators say the toddler's body was found with duct tape over her mouth.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/46994516/20100714-Nejame-Response-to-Defense-Motion-For-Reconsideration-of-Prior-Rulings   (posted by Muzikman)
2010.07.14 Nejame Response to Defense Motion For Reconsideration of Prior Rulings

~ Peter Frampton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 05:36:48 PM »

Thank You Nut!!    I kept getting knocked off!!!   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/46994516/20100714-Nejame-Response-to-Defense-Motion-For-Reconsideration-of-Prior-Rulings   (posted by Muzikman)
2010.07.14 Nejame Response to Defense Motion For Reconsideration of Prior Rulings
They just can't stop, it is impossible for them. It is one thing to defend your client, it is a whole other thing to keep harping on the same issues over and over and over again. I really can't believe this judge hasn't thrown his gavel at Baez's head yet 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 05:49:52 PM »

Thanks NUT!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »

They just can't stop, it is impossible for them. It is one thing to defend your client, it is a whole other thing to keep harping on the same issues over and over and over again. I really can't believe this judge hasn't thrown his gavel at Baez's head yet 

Wow.  Reading through the whole document The Jar has an interesting attitude.  I applaud MN for leaving his own office so as not to cause friction but it seems that the Jar was going to get his tantrum one way or the other.  Almost makes Bobo look to be the most stable out of Team Bobo ( I can not believe I just typed that)
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 06:06:18 PM »

WooHoo!! Go NeJame!! That was very interesting reading. I can't wait to hear if JP will scold NeJame for adding that stuff about Mason, or let Mason answer. I have a feeling JP will disallow personal issues and just stick to the facts pertaining to the case. Though I can't help hoping he'll give Mason a little tutorial on professionalism.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »

Holey Moley!  HOT DAMN!  Mark laid it all out..all Mason's ugliness...bared and naked....and now memorialized for all times in court documents!  It is such a pleasure to see such a well written response!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 06:10:59 PM »

me too....I was locked out for a couple of hours.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 06:12:28 PM »

I have a feeling the gavel might hit Mason's head first.....BOZO is clown and inept....Mason is simply an azzwipe!!  I don't think his actions are going to go over well with JP

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »

Wow.  Reading through the whole document The Jar has an interesting attitude.  I applaud MN for leaving his own office so as not to cause friction but it seems that the Jar was going to get his tantrum one way or the other.  Almost makes Bobo look to be the most stable out of Team Bobo ( I can not believe I just typed that)

and I can't believe I was agreeing with you on that! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 06:23:36 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-latest-filings-20100714,0,5469367.story
Casey Anthony team files last minute opposition to 911 calls
 By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

6:13 p.m. EDT, July 14, 2010
On the eve of a major hearing in the Casey Anthony murder case, the defense team filed a last-minute memo today arguing against using at trial 911 calls Cindy Anthony made two years ago.

Prosecutors have argued that two of the 911 calls should be admitted. In the third call, Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy, describes the odor in her daughter's car as smelling like a dead body.

The series of calls on July 15, 2008, represents the first time law enforcement became aware of the disappearance of Caylee Marie Anthony. Casey Anthony, 24, is charged with first degree murder in her 2-year-old daughter's death. Caylee's remains were found in late 2008, months after she was reported missing.

Usually such 911 calls are considered hearsay and can only be admitted with certain legal exceptions. The prosecution argues, in part, that Cindy Anthony's calls amount to "excited utterances," which should be admitted because such statements are not contrived.

Prosecutors say they want the calls admitted because they show a progression of "fabrications" Casey Anthony concocted about her daughter's disappearance upon learning that her mother was getting law enforcement involved.
But today, Casey Anthony's defense team said Cindy Anthony's statements in the third 911 call "were purposely contrived by Cindy Anthony in order to get law enforcement to her home," an assertion that counters the "excited utterance" argument.

Cindy Anthony has said on national television that she mentioned the smell to get authorities to come to her home faster.

The defense team of Cheney Mason and Jose Baez also argued today that Cindy Anthony's comment about the odor amounts to an opinion by a "lay witness," an opinion that could mislead a jury or prejudice the defendant.

"There is no predicate, nor ability to have a predicate, that Cynthia Anthony ever smelled a decomposing body or had any basis, therefore, to state a lay opinion," according to the memo. "Speculation such as this is not permissible. The prejudice is clear."

Citing the failure of the state to meet legal thresholds, the defense concluded, "statements related to smell or odor clearly must be prohibited."

The 911 calls are expected to be a major part of hearing scheduled for 2 p.m. Thursday before Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry. The hearing comes immediately after the defense team and its high-profile experts spent two days inspecting evidence collected in the case.

Another issue being taken up Thursday involves reconsideration of earlier rulings in the case made by Circuit Judge Stan Strickland regarding Texas EquuSearch, whose volunteers were involved in early searches for the child.

The earlier rulings concerned the release of information about volunteers who searched an area near where Caylee's remains were discovered much later in the case.

Texas EquuSearch attorney Mark NeJame argues in a 14-page motion also filed today that the earlier rulings should be upheld. NeJame also cites several "unprofessional comments" made by Mason in dealings with his office. NeJame said he intends to address those comments in court.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 06:25:01 PM »

Almost and hour for me.

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 06:29:11 PM »

thanks trim....I do believe sin-cin is going to lie on the stand............she is going to perjure herself under oath....and I don't think there is a damn thing anyone can do about it..nor do I believe there will be any repercussions....and I also believe this is just a prelude to her lying testimony at trial.......but I don't believe her lies will be able to keep the 911 calls out. I hope JP already has her number

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 06:30:41 PM »

Almost and hour for me.

LOL...I had to keep telling myself...take your hand off the mouse....walk away...LOL...so I shopped in Ebay!

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

thanks trim....I do believe sin-cin is going to lie on the stand............she is going to perjure herself under oath....and I don't think there is a damn thing anyone can do about it..nor do I believe there will be any repercussions....and I also believe this is just a prelude to her lying testimony at trial.......but I don't believe her lies will be able to keep the 911 calls out. I hope JP already has her number

Oh I agree.I also think JP has all their numbers.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/casey-anthony-jose-baez-says-defenses-inspection-of-evidence-goes-smoothly-cindy-anthony-to-testify-calmly-lawyer-says.html
Casey Anthony: Jose Baez says defense’s inspection of evidence goes smoothly; Cindy Anthony to testify calmly, lawyer says
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, George and Cindy Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WFTV, WKMG, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on July, 14 2010 6:25 PM
Discuss This: Comments(0) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

How did the Casey Anthony defense team’s examination of evidence go?

“Jose Baez said their inspection has gone ’smooth and professionally,’ ” WESH-Ch. 2’s Bob Kealing reported tonight.

Baez said things had been very professional, said Jacqueline Fell of Central Florida News 13.

But there was a tense moment with WFTV-Ch. 9’s Kathi Belich, whose questioning yesterday caused defense attorney Cheney Mason to lash out at her.

“We ruffled feathers again today,” Belich said tonight. This time, Belich quizzed Baez about whether he would ask taxpayers to pay the travel expenses of two experts from the Netherlands.

“You and your taxpayer nonsense,” Baez shot back. But Belich added that Baez later said he wouldn’t ask taxpayers to foot that bill. 

The defense has fought the release of the list of items that its experts examined yesterday and today at the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. But defense attorney Cheney Mason told Kealing that issue may be moot by a hearing tomorrow.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

The defense team arrived at 9 a.m. today and left — “to our surprise” — at 12:30, WOFL-Ch. 35’s Holly Bristow reported. The defense experts concentrated on items deputies collected from Anthony’s car, Bristow reported.
What’s next? ”We’re allowed to test items, and in all likelihood, that’s what’s going to happen in this case,” Baez told reporters.

WFTV-Ch. 9’s Belich put it this way: ”Baez claims that his team of experts found some discoveries of interest here over the last couple of days and, because of that, he expects to ask Chief Judge Belvin Perry if he can do his own testing on the evidence. Now that’s not an unusual defense request, except  in this case taxpayers would pay for it.” 

Baez told Belich that he didn’t know how many tests he would request and that he would consult with his experts.

If the defense found something to help Anthony’s case, it would have to alert the state so the prosecution could analyze the results before trial, Belich said. “We’ll also find out if the defense is pulling just another Todd Macaluso move,” Belich said, referring to the former defense attorney who said there was evidence someone other than Anthony placed the toddler’s body in the woods. “That evidence never materialized,” Belich said.

On WESH, defense attorney Jeff Deen analyzed the inspection process and said it was important that the defense team not give away anything during the two-day examination.

WKMG-Ch. 6’s Mike DeForest previewed the hearing Thursday, when Cindy Anthony will testify about 911 calls she made two years ago that set the case in motion.

Brad Conway, Cindy’s attorney, told DeForest that she will “answer the questions truthfully and calmly. Cindy Anthony will acknowledge in court tomorrow that she was very frantic when she called 911 … even though that admission could ultimately hurt her daughter.”

WESH’s Kealing reported that George Anthony, Casey’s father, is expected to be at the courthouse Thursday. Cindy and son Lee Anthony have been subpoenaed to testify.

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-latest-filings-20100714,0,5469367.story
Casey Anthony team files last minute opposition to 911 calls
 By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

6:13 p.m. EDT, July 14, 2010
On the eve of a major hearing in the Casey Anthony murder case, the defense team filed a last-minute memo today arguing against using at trial 911 calls Cindy Anthony made two years ago.

Prosecutors have argued that two of the 911 calls should be admitted. In the third call, Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy, describes the odor in her daughter's car as smelling like a dead body.

The series of calls on July 15, 2008, represents the first time law enforcement became aware of the disappearance of Caylee Marie Anthony. Casey Anthony, 24, is charged with first degree murder in her 2-year-old daughter's death. Caylee's remains were found in late 2008, months after she was reported missing.

Usually such 911 calls are considered hearsay and can only be admitted with certain legal exceptions. The prosecution argues, in part, that Cindy Anthony's calls amount to "excited utterances," which should be admitted because such statements are not contrived.

Prosecutors say they want the calls admitted because they show a progression of "fabrications" Casey Anthony concocted about her daughter's disappearance upon learning that her mother was getting law enforcement involved.
But today, Casey Anthony's defense team said Cindy Anthony's statements in the third 911 call "were purposely contrived by Cindy Anthony in order to get law enforcement to her home," an assertion that counters the "excited utterance" argument.

Cindy Anthony has said on national television that she mentioned the smell to get authorities to come to her home faster.

The defense team of Cheney Mason and Jose Baez also argued today that Cindy Anthony's comment about the odor amounts to an opinion by a "lay witness," an opinion that could mislead a jury or prejudice the defendant.

"There is no predicate, nor ability to have a predicate, that Cynthia Anthony ever smelled a decomposing body or had any basis, therefore, to state a lay opinion," according to the memo. "Speculation such as this is not permissible. The prejudice is clear."

Citing the failure of the state to meet legal thresholds, the defense concluded, "statements related to smell or odor clearly must be prohibited."

The 911 calls are expected to be a major part of hearing scheduled for 2 p.m. Thursday before Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry. The hearing comes immediately after the defense team and its high-profile experts spent two days inspecting evidence collected in the case.

Another issue being taken up Thursday involves reconsideration of earlier rulings in the case made by Circuit Judge Stan Strickland regarding Texas EquuSearch, whose volunteers were involved in early searches for the child.

The earlier rulings concerned the release of information about volunteers who searched an area near where Caylee's remains were discovered much later in the case.

Texas EquuSearch attorney Mark NeJame argues in a 14-page motion also filed today that the earlier rulings should be upheld. NeJame also cites several "unprofessional comments" made by Mason in dealings with his office. NeJame said he intends to address those comments in court.

JP is going to LOVE this last minute filing.  Wahoo! Things could start out with a bang and get better from there tomorrow.  Does this last minute filing go against the rules he expected to be followed in his court  that JP laid down when he took over?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.