April 24, 2024, 03:31:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teresa Marie Halbach (body found) Murder Trial-Steven Avery GUILTY  (Read 58977 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« on: February 05, 2007, 10:57:03 AM »

Jury selection will begin today and most of the local stations will have streaming updates as the trial continues.  It is expected to last 6 weeks.  There have been many strange happenings over the past year and especially recently.  Nothing that really worries anyone local.  

We are just going to let things play out.  Defense assertions and manuvering is pretty typical.  Local juries do not go off the deep ends for these types of grandstand gestures.

It will be more interesting to see what develops with other family members as the trial proceeds.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:55:57 PM by klaasend » Logged

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 11:12:41 PM »

The selection process has been intense.  Not surprisingly, there are only 16 accepted potential jurors so far.  They need 30 to move forward.

Each person is being interviewed at length.  Some interviews are lasting an hour or more.  It may take until Friday to seat a jury.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:16:12 PM »

Thank you for the update GreatOwl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 12:33:42 PM »

Final selection of jury has now been made.  8 women and 8 men with 4 alternates.  Opening statements will probably begin on Monday

http://tinyurl.com/2tj6zu

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 04:24:52 PM »

Here is one of the sites you can follow newscasts and even a live streaming video of the Avery Trial

http://wfrv.com/avery

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 01:08:49 PM »

It sounds like the other Dassey brother was also aware of had happened to Teresa.  This is new to most of us and also the defense.

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 01:56:36 PM »

Posted February 14, 2007

Searcher describes finding Halbach's missing vehicle
By Andy Nelesen
Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

CHILTON — Less than an hour after getting Earl Avery's permission to poke around the Avery's Auto Salvage scrap heaps, Pam Sturm discovered Teresa Halbach's vehicle with Halbach nowhere in sight.

Sturm, who is Halbach's second cousin, was the seventh person to testify Tuesday in Steven Avery's trial. Avery, 44, is charged with killing Halbach and burning her remains in a salvage yard burn pit. He faces life in prison if convicted.

Sturm testified that she and her daughter, Nikole, immediately called police when they came upon a small sport utility vehicle — partially covered with branches, car parts and debris — that looked like Halbach's blue-green Toyota RAV-4. A recording of that conversation was played as part of special prosecutor Ken Kratz's case.

On the recording, Sturm read a part of the vehicle identification number to a Calumet County sheriff's investigator. The detective's voice went from friendly to serious as Sturm came to the end.

"Where are you? ... Where are you?" demanded investigator Mark Wiegert.

Sturm said she was at the salvage yard and wanted Wiegert to tell her if they had the right car. It was the right make, model and color. She wanted to know for sure.

"I can't tell you," Wiegert countered. "Do not touch anything. Do not go around that vehicle."

After exchanging phone information, Wiegert issued more instructions.

"Do not touch the vehicle ... don't let anyone else touch the vehicle," he said.

>>>>>>Full Article
Sturm protested and said she was concerned for her safety.

"If you have a problem, dial 911," Wiegert said.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 02:06:13 PM »

Sorry, here is the link to the Full Article Above.
http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070214/APC0101/702140692/1003/APC01

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 02:19:07 PM »

Chilton is a very very small community.  I have seen the amount of media coverage that this trial is getting and the effect on the community.  I believe there are only one or two small diners in the two block downtown.  I suppose all the media coverage people either have their own food supplies or they are having it catered to Chilton.

I suspect that most of the visiting people are staying in hotels here in Appleton.  I have been curious as to what is going on around that small town.  I am only 20 minutes or so from the court house and may drive over some day.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 08:01:14 PM »

GO, Try and attend if at all possible and report back on the jurors. They are the key to it all.... I would love to know about them.

Watching trials is very interesting... and I hope that they fry him. I am so very tired of watching people get away with murder, literally.

thank you for keeping us informed.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 09:55:06 AM »

I agree with you Mrs.Red

I hope they fry him Twisted Evil

Maine, born and raised!
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 11:30:43 PM »

I doubt I could buy a ticket for any price to get into that court room.  I have been in that court house before and the rooms are not that big.  There are very few seats available other than for the families.  Both families are relatively large so that comprises most of the seating.

This is why I am watching it on the internet feed.  As to the jury, they are a wide range of people you would find in Manitowoc County.  Most counties around here are pretty much the same.  I can pretty well guess the personalities of the jurors since I have been in juror pools around here a couple of times myself.  

This is not a big city county.  The city of Manitowoc has 35,000 people, but the entire county only has a population just over 80,000.  You do get to hear and know what your neighbor is all about.  Calumet county where the trial is being held has an entire population of 44k.   A major portion of that is here in Appleton.  These are rural communities with people who know about rumors and truths.  

IMO, the Innocence Project may have proven that the DNA collected 20 years ago in the first conviction did not match Avery.  It did not prove he was not there nor disprove he was not part of the crime.  We really feel justice needs to be upheld, but we do not like technicalities.  

The terminology of "Innocent until proven guilty" is only applicable in a court room.  It is not part of the US Constitution as many people think.  Some one may be judged "not guilty" under the law, but it does not make them innocent.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 11:10:30 PM »

well stated GO... please be sure to keep us informed.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 10:49:35 PM »

Posted February 23, 2007

Katie Halbach testifies about her sister Teresa's missing clothing
By Andy Nelesen
Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

CHILTON — Fifteen-year-old Katie Halbach testified today that she knew her sister, Teresa, owned a pair of Daisy Fuentes jeans because she had teased her older sibling about wearing "old person jeans."

Katie Halbach said that those jeans were missing from Teresa's belongings when her family went through her personal effects.

Halbach, reported missing Nov. 3, was last seen at Steven Avery's trailer on Halloween 2005 photographing a minivan Avery wanted to sell through Auto Trader magazine. Halbach's vehicle was located on Avery's salvage yard property Nov. 5 and her charred remains were found in a burn pit there a few days later.

Avery, 44, is accused of killing Halbach and burning her body to hide the crime. Friday was the 10th day of testimony in Avery's homicide trial.

>>>>>Full Article
http://tinyurl.com/2zto9m

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 02:11:08 PM »

Great Owl, any news on how the trial is going?  I have been trying to keep up with it and then got really busy at work last week and have not had a chance to catch up.  Surely SA is not going to get away with this.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 11:21:52 AM »

I have been able to have the trial on all day with the local cable doing a direct broadcast.  Lots of technical testimony, but it is evident that every witness that testifies is made to try to establish the possibility that all the evidence collected was brought to the Avery property and planted in order to frame him.

Today I can see the defense trying to get the bone pathologist to talk about the transportation of burned bone to three different locations.  Where they were found.  The prosecutions premise is that the bones were burned in one central pit and then distributed around the property.  I can see the defense clearly setting up the arguement that if they were transportated around the property then is is possible they were burned off the property and brought in and planted, probably by law enforcement.

It is interesting because I have never encountered where a case defense is based upon thousands of pieces of evidence being planted.

WGBA.com  WBAY.com  WFRV.com are providing live streaming video.

I am not well at present and will under go surgery on the 14th.  So I have plenty of time to lie here and just watch on cable.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 11:54:40 AM »

IIRC, Avery said he was set up early on, thus the defense & the planted evidence scenario....

Great Owl, sorry to hear you are not well.  Hope the scheduled surgery goes well and you are back to catching those mices (sp? Very Happy )

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »

Great Owl.  You take care of yourself.  I don't believe the "planted" claim that Steven Avery is claiming.  If it was one or two pieces of evidence, then maybe, but not thousands.

Thanks for keeing us updated.

Ms.DV

Maine, born and raised!
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 12:49:21 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

Great Owl, sorry to hear you are not well.  Hope the scheduled surgery goes well and you are back to catching those mices (sp? Very Happy )

I hope so too.  I really do not want to have Mrs. Owl have to catch all our meices by herself anymore than she has to.  thank you

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 12:51:28 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Great Owl.  You take care of yourself.  I don't believe the "planted" claim that Steven Avery is claiming.  If it was one or two pieces of evidence, then maybe, but not thousands.

Thanks for keeing us updated.

Ms.DV

thank you, I always try to take care, however, Father Time has his way with all of us.  Mother Nature is being none to kind either.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.