April 18, 2024, 06:44:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man murders 2 yr. old for crying during World Cup match McAllen, TX  (Read 3409 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: June 28, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »

Man murders two-year-old for crying during World Cup match - report
NewsCore From: NewsCore June 29, 2010 7:38AM

A TEXAS man allegedly killed his own stepdaughter and jammed a screw down her throat to cover up the murder after he became fed up with her crying during a World Cup match, according to a local report.

Hector Castro, a 28-year old illegal immigrant, allegedly snapped when the young girl would not stop crying during the USA-Ghana match Saturday afternoon.

He allegedly severely beat the child, cracking several of her ribs. He followed up by suffocating her in front of the television set, The Monitor newspaper reported.

When police arrived to the McAllen, Texas home, they reportedly found a screw in the child’s throat in a crude attempt to make the death seem like an accident.

McAllen is located in the southern tip of the state near the border with Mexico.

Castro will be charged with capital murder, The Monitor reported.

“There are no words for this,” McAllen Police Chief Victor Rodriguez told the paper.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
“It makes you want to think about doing lots of things to this guy, but he will face the criminal justice system just like everybody else.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/man-murders-two-year-old-for-crying-during-world-cup-match-report/story-e6frf7jo-1225885484107
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:02:14 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »

Man suffocates, jams screw in young stepdaughter during World Cup game
Comments 88
June 27, 2010 10:27 PM

McALLEN — Police arrested a man who allegedly beat and suffocated his 2-year-old stepdaughter during the World Cup soccer game Saturday afternoon before jamming a screw down her throat in an attempt to make the slaying appear accidental.

McAllen police arrested Hector Castro, 28, after firefighters called officers to his apartment at 3101 N. Eighth St at 4:18 p.m. Saturday, said McAllen Police Chief Victor Rodriguez.

Firefighters and emergency medical personnel had been called to the house in reference to the girl’s apparent choking on a screw, Rodriguez said. But after a cursory examination of the girl, whose name was not released by police, it was clear the screw had nothing to do with her death, police said.

“There are no words for this,” said Rodriguez. “It makes you want to think about doing lots of things to this guy, but he will face the criminal justice system just like everybody else.”

Castro, an illegal immigrant, gave investigators a confession that implicated himself in the girl’s death, Rodriguez said.

Castro told investigators he was looking after his stepdaughter as he tried to watch the World Cup soccer match on television Saturday afternoon.

The toddler would not stop crying, and Castro allegedly gave the girl a severe beating, cracking several of her ribs before suffocating the girl, Rodriguez said. He then jammed a screw down her throat in an attempt to make the suffocation appear accidental.

Castro will face a capital murder charge at an arraignment set for today.

Neighbors said they saw police set up yellow caution tape, examining Castro’s apartment for several hours Saturday afternoon and evening.

But no one has returned to the unit at the Greens Pointe apartment complex, said neighbor Irma Garcia.

“I would hear the baby crying all the time,” said Garcia as she held her year-old son in her arms. “Not even my son would cry that much.”

Four other children live at the apartment, Garcia said. The kids have been transferred into the custody of Child Protective Services, Rodriguez said.

The toddler’s death marks the McAllen’s fifth murder case of 2010 and the third this month. Those three most recent cases involved illegal immigrant suspects, the chief said.

“The criminal justice system will spend horrendous amounts of time, effort and money to make these cases,” Rodriguez said. “That’s time, effort and money that our regular citizens are deprived of.”

Castro faces a capital murder charge in the case because of the victim’s young age.

“It’s unimaginable,” Rodriguez said. “I just can’t fathom, you know, a grown adult person beating a 2-year-old to death.

“I have grandkids and it’s just impossible for me to imagine this kind of behavior.”

http://www.themonitor.com/news/screw-40251-beats-stepdaughter.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »

Nut, I can hardly believe this -- I say, put a bolt down his throat and just about when he is ready to suffocate, pull it out and then do it again.  These dirtballs need a dose and more of their own medicine.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:40:46 PM »

Sister...I agree!!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.