April 16, 2024, 02:10:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 473329 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1760 on: July 05, 2010, 09:34:40 AM »

Comment 13 on Blink's site under the article about the landscaper. She makes a comment about, landscaper is also a hardscaper. Could someone tell me what a hardscaper means, thanks.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1761 on: July 05, 2010, 09:36:26 AM »

Comment 13 on Blink's site under the article about the landscaper. She makes a comment about, landscaper is also a hardscaper. Could someone tell me what a hardscaper means, thanks.

Hardscape, in the practice of landscaping, refers to the paved areas like streets & sidewalks, large business complexes & housing developments, and other industrial areas where the upper-soil-profile is no longer exposed to the actual surface of the Earth. The term is especially used in heavily urbanized/suburbanized areas with little bare soil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardscape

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1762 on: July 05, 2010, 09:38:05 AM »

You know what's really strange!  I've been suspicious of TH from the beginning, and I have also felt very uncomfortable about KH.

When I read the actual words that Terri said to the landscaper, I felt she was just joking.  I felt she was angry, because her husband never did any work outside, and just popped off to the landscaper.  I didn't perceive it as her trying to hire him to kill Kaine.

Just my thoughts...

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1763 on: July 05, 2010, 09:39:05 AM »

Hardscape, in the practice of landscaping, refers to the paved areas like streets & sidewalks, large business complexes & housing developments, and other industrial areas where the upper-soil-profile is no longer exposed to the actual surface of the Earth. The term is especially used in heavily urbanized/suburbanized areas with little bare soil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardscape
Thank-you, I was thinking it was some slang word and I'm sitting here trying to figure out what that could be  LOL
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1764 on: July 05, 2010, 09:43:51 AM »

Morning NRCG!  In my small world hardscape means patios, sidewalks, drainage ditches, runoffs, water features, etc.  It could be because B connected LS to Sauvie drainage ditch repair or work he did.  You'll have to refer back to the original LS story over at BOC for her to explain what he did to connect him to Sauvie.  I hope I didn't confuddle things or you!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1765 on: July 05, 2010, 09:45:16 AM »

P.S. NRCG  I was trying to use it as a slang word too.  You could read a whole bunch into that word! lol lol
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1766 on: July 05, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »

P.S. NRCG  I was trying to use it as a slang word too.  You could read a whole bunch into that word! lol lol
LOL  that is what I did.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1767 on: July 05, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »

You know what's really strange!  I've been suspicious of TH from the beginning, and I have also felt very uncomfortable about KH.

When I read the actual words that Terri said to the landscaper, I felt she was just joking.  I felt she was angry, because her husband never did any work outside, and just popped off to the landscaper.  I didn't perceive it as her trying to hire him to kill Kaine.

Just my thoughts...
I'm uncomfortable with both of them. And yes, how do you prove it, whether it was serious or a joke about killing Kaine.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1768 on: July 05, 2010, 10:10:28 AM »

Morning NRCG!  In my small world hardscape means patios, sidewalks, drainage ditches, runoffs, water features, etc.  It could be because B connected LS to Sauvie drainage ditch repair or work he did.  You'll have to refer back to the original LS story over at BOC for her to explain what he did to connect him to Sauvie.  I hope I didn't confuddle things or you!

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/07/04/kyron-horman-missing-and-endangered-sources-terri-horman-hired-landscape-lover/

The article begins a sentence above Community Care Day and continues after boxed thumbnail photos.

Thanks, Melib, NoRose and all Monkey's - for posting a wealth of information.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1769 on: July 05, 2010, 10:12:27 AM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/07/04/kyron-horman-missing-and-endangered-sources-terri-horman-hired-landscape-lover/

The article begins a sentence above Community Care Day and continues after boxed thumbnail photos.

Thanks, Melib, NoRose and all Monkey's - for posting a wealth of information.
Good morning, and to you also for posting info. I'm almost afraid to see what may happen this week in the case.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1770 on: July 05, 2010, 10:13:08 AM »

lol!!!   good morning monkeys, you all have been very busy. On my way home last night from the fireworks I was thinking about this blog. Years ago they had ham radios( and still do) to reach out across the world and talk to each other. Now we have forums with blogs. We all have this wonderful need to connect and share with each other.  Sorry to go off topic, I just wanted to share that thought.
This new news leaves a real bad taste in my mouth concerning the parents. This wonderful little boy did not get to share in the magical festivities of fireworks on the 4th of July, and it appears it may be a result of their very bad choices in life. These leaked sources I believe were leaked by someone in LE, the infamous Landscaper, or a family member. Who else would know this info. ? Where is Kyron? Why isn't anyone coming forward if he is in hiding?  Why doesn't Terri have an alibi for that morning that would clear her? I am not saying she is guilty, but, no one has come forward to say they saw her after 8:45 a.m.  Has Kaine's coworkers verified that he was at work that a.m.? I think this landscaper goes to the same gym, and that may be how Terri met him. Le states they are proceeding forward with a search for a live Kyron, is this just following protocol? I don't know who is guilty for Kyron being missing, but I do know the parents have made some very choices re: the welfare of their children. If the landscaper was hired by Terri to kill her husband, why did it take him so long to come forward? He should have come forward when it first happened. Now a little boy is missing and he comes forward. A little to late in my eyes!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1771 on: July 05, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »

Blinkoncrime.com Editorial Analysis

Interesting.

Directions:) Josh Childrers on left and Blinoncrime.com Editorial Analysis is directly across.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1772 on: July 05, 2010, 10:25:55 AM »

Blinkoncrime.com Editorial Analysis

Interesting.

Directions:) Josh Childrers on left and Blinoncrime.com Editorial Analysis is directly across.

Coincidence only.  On the left of Blink's page are all the topic categories for her blog and she did a post on Josh Childrers back in 2009. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1773 on: July 05, 2010, 10:26:34 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/05/earlyshow/main6647973.shtml
PORTLAND, Ore., July 5, 2010
Kyron Horman Stepmom in Murder-for-Hire Plot?
Report: Landscaper Told Cops Terri Horman Offered Him Big Bucks to Kill Kyron's Father; Kyron Vanished Month Ago
CBS)   The stepmother of an Oregon boy missing a month may have tried to hire the family landscaper to murder the boy's father several months ago, according to  a report in The Oregonian newspaper.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office isn't commenting on the report, the paper says.

The Oregonian says the landscaper told investigators Terri Horman, stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, offered him lots of money six or seven months ago to kill Kaine Horman, Kyron's father.
Detectives are said to have shared the story with Kaine, who then moved out with their 19 month old daughter, filed for divorce, and obtained a restraining order.

When questioned about the supposed scheme, Terri reportedly denied it.

If the landscaper's account is true, says CBS News legal analyst Lisa Bloom, "It tells the police that she may have a propensity for violence, violence against a close family member. So, it's certainly something they're going to follow up on."

"If it is true," criminal profiler Pat Brown told "Early Show" co-anchor Erica Hill Monday, "we're looking at a person who is -- wow, we're talking about a person with a severe personality disorder, psychopathy, someone who is willing to go to all kinds of lengths to get people out of her life, to get money or to get attention. We don't know which ones those are. But certainly, if that's true, they'll look at a person who very possibly could have done something to the stepson, because she already had the personality to do it."

In a briefing with reporters last week, Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, her voice cracking, implied Terri hasn't been helpful in the search for her son, saying, "We implore Terri Horman to fully cooperate with the investigators to bring Kyron home."

Terri is the last person known to have seen the second-grader alive, at his school when he disappeared June 4. Police haven't named her a suspect or person of interest, and insist she's only one of many people still being eyed. She's hired a high-profile Portland attorney.

"Everyone's a person of interest," says Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton. "We have not named any suspects in this case at this point.

"Until Kyron is found," says Bloom, "I would not expect an arrest, unless there's a confession or a discovery of forensic evidence."
Brown observed to Hill that claiming nobody's off the hook in the case isn't unusual. "Police are always going on -- these days, there's always leaning on the side of being very careful about what they say," Brown noted. "I think everybody's afraid of lawsuits so they say everybody is a person of interest. However, they're also saying. 'We're not particularly worried about anybody in the community, there's no danger to anybody out there.' If that's true, then they're only looking at a family member. That's what they always say with they're looking at a situation that doesn't involve a predator.

"So, they're clearly looking at Terri Horman and, in my mind, she probably is the person of interest. But they're keeping options open, which they should, and they're not going to tell everybody exactly what they're thinking at the moment."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1774 on: July 05, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »

That's the biggest question for me, if someone has Kyron and is hiding him, now would be the time to say so, what would be the point to continuing with this?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1775 on: July 05, 2010, 10:29:03 AM »

Goodmorning Trim and thank you for all you bring to us!  Did I possibly hear something about diseases and needles on the Today show or did I doze off for a few seconds and combine 2 stories?  Can you pull that over please cause I'm computer stupid?  Thank you again.

Hey Melisb.I just came back in the house.I didn't watch The Today Show.If I see anything,I'll post a link. Smile

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1776 on: July 05, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »

That's the biggest question for me, if someone has Kyron and is hiding him, now would be the time to say so, what would be the point to continuing with this?

1.  Being scared s---less!!!!  Sorry for the French!
2.  Needing a whole slew of atty's to help/get out of this.
3.  Not being able to contact TH (if she is coplanner) to find out what to do.
4.  Being seen trying to drop him off annonymously.

I would have to come forward and tell the whole truth and beg for mercy from the DA if I was coconspirator.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1777 on: July 05, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »

Gotta go to work.  See ya'll later.  Praying for good news upon my return.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1778 on: July 05, 2010, 10:43:12 AM »

Just my thoughts...
I'm uncomfortable with both of them. And yes, how do you prove it, whether it was serious or a joke about killing Kaine.

It would certainly be hard to prove.  However, Terri obviously did not have that kind of money and would have no way of getting that kind of money.  That's why I would have to consider that she was just joking around.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1779 on: July 05, 2010, 10:47:37 AM »

Today's headlines: Sheriff says "no comment" on alleged murder-for-hire plot in Horman case; Washington motorists see spike in tickets for talking on cell while driving

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/07/todays_headlines_multnomah_county_sheriff_says_no_comment_on_alleged_murder-for-hire_plot_in_horman.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.