April 26, 2024, 11:39:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 474362 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1860 on: July 05, 2010, 03:27:04 PM »

Comment 13 on Blink's site under the article about the landscaper. She makes a comment about, landscaper is also a hardscaper. Could someone tell me what a hardscaper means, thanks.

Hardscape, in the practice of landscaping, refers to the paved areas like streets & sidewalks, large business complexes & housing developments, and other industrial areas where the upper-soil-profile is no longer exposed to the actual surface of the Earth. The term is especially used in heavily urbanized/suburbanized areas with little bare soil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardscape

One thing a landscaper/hardscaper would do, that may be little known to folks in areas not as moist as the pacific NW... is scrape the sidewalks/driveways of any moss.  In such rainy areas, moss grows between the cracks and on the surface.  And that moss can get as slippery as an ice patch. 

I didn't realize about how dangerous moss can be, growing on say, a steep driveway.  Not til I lived near Seattle for a year.  Our landscaper spent a good portion of his day scraping sidewalks so we wouldn't fall while walking, and the long steep winding driveway, so we wouldn't slide backwards from the house 1/2 mile to the street.  lol  yikes! 

Just another job a landscaper/hardscaper would likely be doing in Nov/Dec/Jan.  Smile 

Thank-you, but what I don't understand is what does it matter if he does hardscraping also? What would that have to do with, if he for example kidnapped Kyron? I'm missing something here.

Hate to say this, but I think what is being referred to here is the ability to bury a body beneath a patio or other hardscaping.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1861 on: July 05, 2010, 03:29:46 PM »

Thank-you, but what I don't understand is what does it matter if he does hardscraping also? What would that have to do with, if he for example kidnapped Kyron? I'm missing something here.

i think i read some pgs back that he was hired in winter
and monks were wondering what a LS does in the winter
ive been looking in the portland Ypgs, for a LS that specializes
in that type of work nothing yet

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1862 on: July 05, 2010, 03:30:24 PM »

Thanks Brandi, I wasn't thinking about that.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1863 on: July 05, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »

Thanks!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1864 on: July 05, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »

I am not condoning or justifying but ... maybe Terri's faulty thought process was that a divorce was not an option ... it would expose Kaine's son to ongoing abuse.

Maybe James revealed something to Terri regarding Kaine.  James being sent to live with his grandparents and the alleged attempt to have Kaine killed appears to have happened in the same time frame.

Think about it.  Testimonials and photos reveal that Terri was a devoted hands-on  stepmother to Kyron.

The latest turn of events does give me a glimmer of hope that Kyron is safe.  His mother implied in her press statement that Kyron was alive and ... the Sheriff implied likewise in the latest press conference.

Has Terri indicated that Kyron has been hidden for his protection?

Janet

++++++

Sheriff: Terri Horman has been cooperating
Last Update: 7/03 3:07 pm

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton

Staton told reporters the investigation is proceeding on the assumption the boy is alive because there's no evidence to the contrary.

“We have no evidence that indicates that anything other than the fact that Kyron Horman is still alive,” Staton said. “We are going to continue this investigation under that premise.” ....

Desiree Young

Kyron Horman's mother made a brief statement Thrusday afternoon. Here is a complete transcript of what she said:

"Kyron is still alive.

We would like all of you- everyone- to continually get his face out there. To continue looking for him in your day-to-day activities.

We pray each day for Kyron.

We are…We are working with investigators daily to bring Kyron home. We are extremely confident in how the investigation is going to bring him home to us.

We implore Terri Horman to fully cooperate with the investigators to bring Kyron home.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Sheriff-Terri-Horman-has-been-cooperating/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1865 on: July 05, 2010, 03:53:44 PM »

Comment 13 on Blink's site under the article about the landscaper. She makes a comment about, landscaper is also a hardscaper. Could someone tell me what a hardscaper means, thanks.

Hardscape, in the practice of landscaping, refers to the paved areas like streets & sidewalks, large business complexes & housing developments, and other industrial areas where the upper-soil-profile is no longer exposed to the actual surface of the Earth. The term is especially used in heavily urbanized/suburbanized areas with little bare soil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardscape

One thing a landscaper/hardscaper would do, that may be little known to folks in areas not as moist as the pacific NW... is scrape the sidewalks/driveways of any moss.  In such rainy areas, moss grows between the cracks and on the surface.  And that moss can get as slippery as an ice patch. 

I didn't realize about how dangerous moss can be, growing on say, a steep driveway.  Not til I lived near Seattle for a year.  Our landscaper spent a good portion of his day scraping sidewalks so we wouldn't fall while walking, and the long steep winding driveway, so we wouldn't slide backwards from the house 1/2 mile to the street.  lol  yikes! 

Just another job a landscaper/hardscaper would likely be doing in Nov/Dec/Jan.  Smile 

I don't mean to butt in & I may be wrong...but...a hardscaper may know how to work on "steep ledges", "hills"...as well as knowing how to deal with rocks, pebbles, cement, etc. IOW, they're experienced in more extreme landscaping. Some people in Malibu whose backyards are cliffs may use a hardscaper, although they may apply a different term for the meaning "hardscaper".
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1866 on: July 05, 2010, 03:58:44 PM »

Commonly Requested Information

DOC Frequently Asked Questions

Visiting Rule:  OAR Div 127 Visiting (Inmate)

Mail Rule:  OAR Div 131 Mail (Inmate)

snipped...

TRCI is designated as an education/work facility for long-term inmates. The focus of its programs is Adult Basic Education and GEDs. Cognitive programs that teach and encourage self change are also available. Inside work activities include institution maintenance and a commercial laundry.

The prison provides minimum-custody inmate work crews for community service projects. It also sends crews out daily for other work projects, under contract primarily to government agencies. Inmate crews also work on landscaping projects on prison property.The prison provides minimum-custody inmate work crews for community service projects. It also sends crews out daily for other work projects, under contract primarily to government agencies. Inmate crews also work on landscaping projects on prison property.

http://www.oregon.gov/DOC/OPS/PRISON/trci.shtml

Wonder if he was an ex-con? 

That is something I have been wondering too.

If he didn't take the contract, is an ex con, could he have referred Terri to someone else?

Could that person have kidnapped Kyron instead of murdering Kaine...thinking if she had money to pay for a hit on Kaine..she'd have money to pay for a ransom?

Hi Gypsy DD,

He may have referred her or simply took the job himself. Why did she approach SL out of the blue?  I would go with Ex-Con, no gut feeling, just logical to me:)

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1867 on: July 05, 2010, 04:02:30 PM »

Terri Horman has retained an attorney but ... so has Kaine Horman.  Could Terri have revealed something regarding what motivated him her to disappear Kyron?

Janet

++++++

‘Irreconcilable differences’ cited in Horman marriage breakdown
Jun 29, 2010

Meanwhile, Kaine’s attorney, Laura E. Rackner, with Gearing, Rackner & Engel, released a short statement Tuesday:

“Mr. Horman has a continuing desire to bring Kyron home safely, and to provide for the best interests of his daughter Kiara. I refer you to the public statement issued by the family yesterday, which is included below. Mr. Horman remains supportive of all of the law enforcement agencies working to locate Kyron and will continue to act in his children’s best interests.”

http://www.kval.com/news/97436564.html

« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:13:50 PM by klaasend » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1868 on: July 05, 2010, 04:05:50 PM »

Ockham's Razor

You must never fail to adopt the simplest idea as your working hypothesis. If necessity demands, you can dump it later when you have more data, but only because it is no longer the simplest idea" or "entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity.

_____

The chain of events encompassing the morning when Kryon went missing do not appear to be complex.  There are pieces of the puzzle missing but the pieces which have been afforded do reveal a picture to base an investigation on.

Has Tanner's stepmother been questioned?

Janet

++++++ 

THE MORNING OF JUNE 4, 2010

Details emerge about the day Kyron Horman turned up missing
Published: Saturday, June 05, 2010, 11:21 PM
Updated: Friday, June 18, 2010, 5:02 PM

THE BACKPACK - THE COAT

Instead of taking the bus near his home off Cornelius Pass Road as usual, he hopped into the car with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who drove him to Skyline Elementary School.

They arrived sometime after the school opened about 8 a.m., went to his classroom, dropped off his coat and backpack and he showed his stepmother his exhibit, "The Red-Eyed Tree Frog."

THE PHOTO

Horman, who has raised Kyron since he was an infant, snapped a picture of him standing in front of it that she later posted on her Facebook page. .....

THE WITNESSES

Terri often volunteers at the school, working closely with Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter. Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Kyron Horman disappears during Oregon school science fair
June 7, 2010

THE WITNESSES

Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together.

http://origin.ksdk.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=203651&catid=28

Sources: Search for Kyron Horman Focuses on Step-Mom, Cell Records
4:52 PM June 17th, 2010

THE CELL PHONE RECORD

The island is more than five miles from rural Skyline Elementary School, where Horman was reported missing June 4. But rescuers on horseback, on foot and in dive teams have repeatedly scoured the island beginning around June 10 and continuing this week — even after Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton called off other major search operations last Sunday.

WW has learned that federal, county and city law-enforcement officials say the reason for the search of Sauvie Island is that cell-phone records reveal Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, may have been on the island the day he disappeared.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/17/sources-search-for-kyron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1869 on: July 05, 2010, 04:09:18 PM »

SELF-EDIT - POST 1867

motivated him to disappear s/b motivated her to disappear

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1870 on: July 05, 2010, 04:13:14 PM »

I have just spend some time catching up on this thread.  Thanks to all for quotes, updates, articles, research and insights.  It is very much appreciated.

Later, Janet
1:10 PM PT

_____

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1871 on: July 05, 2010, 04:15:18 PM »

One item of credibility where I would like to see more investigation, is the account of a neighbor to the elementary, Jim Kelley. On that Friday at around 3:00 PM. Kelley saw a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the road, idle and then turn around. Kelly thought this very odd, but it happened again at 2:00 AM Saturday. What was this lady in the white truck up to? Words of Kelly: That`s beyond rare.
http://thesop.org/story/opinion/2010/06/16/is-the-stepmother-to-kyron-horman-terri-moulton-horman-being-unfairly-targeted.php

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1872 on: July 05, 2010, 04:24:05 PM »

OT.. sorrry

OMG in my email... more united pet products recall. 

First it was Pet Pro Adult vitamins for dogs...

now its a whole long freakin LIST of Pet Pro and other nutritional supplements.  Dogs AND cats as well now.  If you give your pet anything besides food, check this list.  Lots of different companies, not just pet pro.

United Pet Group Voluntarily Expands Recall of Nutritional Supplements For Dogs to Include Additional Tablet and Powdered-Form Products for Dogs and Cats Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm217999.htm

Please help spread the word!! 

This stuff is bought in ordinary places like down at the walmart.  I gotta head down there with stuff I've been giving my dog, and back to the vet we go.  Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!! I miss these recalls unless someone is nice enough to post them some place I sneak and read on daily!

k-ot I know-just anted to sneak in a thanks before going back to reading on Kyron's mess of a family and their acquaintances-that poor kid!!!
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1873 on: July 05, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »

TY Brandi for those pics.

Something that crossed my mind looking at those pics from 2005.  How did she have time to do all tis intense trainin/bodybuilding to get her body to that extreme and take care of her son who would have 11 years old and Kyron who would have been only 2 at the time...and where in the heck did dhe get the energy if she was doing all this?

What is missing about Terri ?

You actually gain more energy when you work out daily, and my gym has a kids gym as many now do so the kids can work out on wii sports and other things, otherwise they usually have child-care on site. Running with child in stroller, hiking w/ child in backpack carrier are all ways to work out w/ child.  I am a very active person and have always brought my child with me while I worked out. The body building only takes a few hours a day, and look at others who live a more sedate life who watch the tube many hours a day. Take the computer or tv time out and bring in workout time. Works for me Smile

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1874 on: July 05, 2010, 04:29:26 PM »

Hi Titch, and welcome!  Have enjoyed your posts at Blink's, you have much to add to a forum.  Smile  Am happy that you're here. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1875 on: July 05, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »

Someone was looking for a picture of the "hooks" (Tracygirl, maybe) in Kyron's classroom. I just grabbed this from the Today show coverage. You can see the hooks behind Kyron on the wall.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/38095397#38095397

Hi Brandi. I have another one from Terri's FB, thought I'd add it with yours:

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1876 on: July 05, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
I have been away from the computer due to allot going on here at my house.(We are putting in a pool and my yard looks like a bomb went off...)  :[

I have skimmed through where I last left off (middle of first thread)and I am still behind....this case looks like it has taken another route all together. From what I know so far, Kaine left Terri and took Kitty, he also put a restraining order on Terri prohibiting her from contact of any of the children and TH propositioned a landscaper she hired to "kill" Kaine back in the fall. Do we know the landscapers name? Am I up to date with this case?

A brief summary of what I have missed so I can catch up faster would be much appreciated. Smile
 My eyes are starting to cross....Anybody want to help a sister monkey out? (there are extra bananas in it for you Wink

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1877 on: July 05, 2010, 04:31:37 PM »

IMO this is not a normal facial reaction at a news conference where the child you have more or less been raising has gone missing.  To me the reaction is more like a childlike fear that she will be caught rather than a terrifying fear that Kyron has been kidnapped:

ITA klaas!!!!!

Her eyes look like she is afraid and pleading..don't let me get caught, and also observing the pain up close and personal she has caused Kyron's bio Mom.  SICK, SICK, SICK
Coming in very late, but I totally, totally agree with you.  That is just not a normal look.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1878 on: July 05, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »

One item of credibility where I would like to see more investigation, is the account of a neighbor to the elementary, Jim Kelley. On that Friday at around 3:00 PM. Kelley saw a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the road, idle and then turn around. Kelly thought this very odd, but it happened again at 2:00 AM Saturday. What was this lady in the white truck up to? Words of Kelly: That`s beyond rare.
http://thesop.org/story/opinion/2010/06/16/is-the-stepmother-to-kyron-horman-terri-moulton-horman-being-unfairly-targeted.php

I am looking for a news source that states this quote from Jim Kelly.

Anyone have one?

TIA

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1879 on: July 05, 2010, 04:33:37 PM »

I am looking for a news source that states this quote from Jim Kelly.

Anyone have one?

TIA

Posted too soon.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.