March 28, 2024, 07:23:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 471292 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »

We can't preclude everything. Where was James? Did he arrive at his mothers on Saturday for a preplanned weekend or was he spending the weekend at boyscout camp with one of his fathers (reported it was bio dad and that is Tarver), was it Tarver? Who does he live with? Bio dad Tarver or the maternal grandparents? We have read it he lived with the grandparents and then moved back with bio dad but bio dad is saying he lives with the grandparents. This is an easy detail that has a few different stories. Shouldn't we ask ourselves why?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 04:09:38 PM »

Afternnon all. And thanks for bringing over the Tarver article. So Terri did cheat on her first husband according to him. Well, people are human and I'm not surprised. It happens.

I think I could see this case going either way - Terri did it / Terri didn't. Still on the fence. Cheating and a DUI doesn't translate to killing a lil boy. It does show her character and the DUI could have been a mistake. Lowering the blood alcohol level to .08 where I live has made a easier to get a DUI. I'm not excusing it - people get killed afterall. However, it does stop a person from having a second glass of champagne at a wedding. Habitual drunken drivers don't care what the blood alcohol level is - it's disregarded and they often have a .25 to a .35. They just don't care. These folks sometimes rack up 4-5-6-7 DUIs before they kill someone - and then it can happen on the first DUI. The point is - one DUI CAN be a mistake. 4-5-6-7 are no mistake.

As for Terri, I hope she gets an attorney. I'm big on constitutional rights also. They are given from God and I can't help but feel that some of her rights were denied due process.

As for a motive, I can't think of one. And how would a middle aged woman that has raised this lil boy kill him. I can't think with a handgun, or a knife - it's just too brutal. She would have to be so detached and deranged to do something like that. I don't know Terri, but I have seen her on video and she appears mousie. To plan and execute this school house abduction would prove sanity, and I am having a hard time thinking she could be so cold blooded to kill a lil boy she treated as her own son.

About her own son. Well, if it were my wife or my child - I would pick my child. I'm saying that if this was a second marriage. I know not everyone thinks or feels the same and Terri didn't have a job or a home of her own and that may have gone into her thought process. I would have moved back home with my parents if that was an option. I would not ask my son or daughter to leave, but that's just me.

I guess no matter what happened before this all happened - meaning her life - I still have a hard time thinking she planned and executed a diabolical abduction scheme to kill her step-son. I know there are the Melissa Huckabys of the world - but this is different in my opinion. This is a child she helped raise - what could possibly be her motive other than striking out in anger at Kaine? Kyron can not be the target of her anger if this is indeed what has occurred. Get evenism is all I can fathom. I don't think you need a huge diabolical abduction scheme to get even.
I agree, I think that some of her rights were denied due process. Now with James leaving the house, maybe if she would have left and moved to her parents, there would have been major problems, and rightfully so, with little Kitty. She couldn't just move out with her, so I guess she decided to stay and let her son go elsewhere. I really can't help but feel that when James had moved out, things in that household went downhill fast with Terri. I can't say I blame her, can't imagine how upset she may have been, and really when you look at it, she didn't have many options.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 04:18:29 PM »

Wyks, et al...

Well... Only thing I'm coming up with is the link to Seamus O Riley, re the 'in parte' thing.. Is that the one you are referring to?  If not, plz give me another clue.  lol

I am not sure what the original inquiry was, but are you sure the term is "in parte" rather than "ex parte"? 

An ex parte hearing is one held with only one party (usually the plaintiff) present.  The defendent has not been served or advised that the hearing will be taking place.  This is usually the case when CPS goes in and takes possession of children.  They conduct an ex parte hearing before a judge presenting the pertinent facts/reasons for taking the children, and if the judge agrees he will issue the orders allowing CPS to take the children. 

Generally in order for a hearing to be legal, both parties must have been given notice; an ex parte hearing is an exception to the rule.

LOL!  Good catch, Flutter!  Yes, you are exactly right, it's 'ex parte' not 'in parte', whatever possessed me??  <grins>  Thanks for explaining what that is as well.  That helps in trying to make sense of this whole thing!

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »

O/T - we will be experiencing more traffic because it was just announced over on Gretawire that Joran van der Sloot will be indicted TODAY in the US, Alabama for Extortion and Fraud. 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 04:20:44 PM »

O/T - we will be experiencing more traffic because it was just announced over on Gretawire that Joran van der Sloot will be indicted TODAY in the US, Alabama for Extortion and Fraud. 

dreams do come true.

< hearts >

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »

Does anyone know who had the baby that morning?
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 04:23:12 PM »

with the server experiencing high traffic some posts get lost.

Here's what I do. Copy before hitting post.

You simply right click your highlighted area and hit copy. I know most of us know that, but new folks join here all the time and are not as computer savvy.

The other trick - if you have forgotten that first step - is to hit your back button on your browser. You post will be there. Highlight and copy and hit back again.

That will take you back to the page where you started your post. Hit refresh or F5 and make sure that the server is operational and you are connected.

Hit the post button again and paste your original post in the box and hit post.

I know it's frustrating when you make a long post and it fails to go through and you think you have lost all your time and thoughts. It can easily be remedied.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip, Rob.  I have found this cuts down on the hair pulling and profanity while posting.  I have gotten in the habit of doing it for every post, just in case. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 04:23:38 PM »

finally we are starting to see some justice
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 04:24:53 PM »

This is from an article June 5th. The snipped portion posted below is from an interview with Terri's mother. She is stating he is at boyscout camp with his father. The father is quoted as saying he was with Terri that weekend. Does the grandmother mean the adopted father? Perhaps but it has been said over and over again he was with his bio dad. This is what I am trying to clear up.

Terri also has a 16-year-old son from a former marriage who has lived with her mom and dad for the past few months in Roseburg. The teen's father also lives in the area and the two are on a Boy Scout camping trip this weekend.
It will be difficult to give him the news, Moulton said.

"It's a total mystery," she said. "He just vanished. I just can't believe it."
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/inde ... day_k.html
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »

Wyks, et al...

Well... Only thing I'm coming up with is the link to Seamus O Riley, re the 'in parte' thing.. Is that the one you are referring to?  If not, plz give me another clue.  lol

I am not sure what the original inquiry was, but are you sure the term is "in parte" rather than "ex parte"? 

An ex parte hearing is one held with only one party (usually the plaintiff) present.  The defendent has not been served or advised that the hearing will be taking place.  This is usually the case when CPS goes in and takes possession of children.  They conduct an ex parte hearing before a judge presenting the pertinent facts/reasons for taking the children, and if the judge agrees he will issue the orders allowing CPS to take the children. 

Generally in order for a hearing to be legal, both parties must have been given notice; an ex parte hearing is an exception to the rule.

LOL!  Good catch, Flutter!  Yes, you are exactly right, it's 'ex parte' not 'in parte', whatever possessed me??  <grins>  Thanks for explaining what that is as well.  That helps in trying to make sense of this whole thing!

You are welcome (returns the grin).  Ex parte, like so many legal terms is Latin.  I don't know the exact translation, but just to look at it -- "ex" means to take away and "parte" refers to more than one.  So that would loosely mean without one party being present at the hearing.  I learned about ex parte hearings from my CASA training. 

I am glad I could help -- it seems like I soak up much more here at SM than I contribute. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 04:33:23 PM »

We can't preclude everything. Where was James? Did he arrive at his mothers on Saturday for a preplanned weekend or was he spending the weekend at boyscout camp with one of his fathers (reported it was bio dad and that is Tarver), was it Tarver? Who does he live with? Bio dad Tarver or the maternal grandparents? We have read it he lived with the grandparents and then moved back with bio dad but bio dad is saying he lives with the grandparents. This is an easy detail that has a few different stories. Shouldn't we ask ourselves why?

Thanks for picking this up and running with it, TG.  Am glad I'm not the only one it sounded very odd to.  Especially since there seemed to have been an emphasis early on, as to where James was, as in..... no need to think about him, he's been away the whole time.  I read somewhere as well, that they weren't sure how they were gonna tell him, cuz he and Kyron were so close, or something like that.  That Terri couldn't reach him at the camping trip to tell him anyway.  And then read (rumor -?- from locals in comment section of the news) that the truth was that Terri 'could indeed have' reached him at the camp and had chosen NOT to. 

It was all this back n forth stuff going on about James' camping trip, and etc....... and our discussing it back when we heard this or that....... to all of a sudden now hearing a completely different version of where James was that weekend.  (and from a different member in the family, fgs... why haven't they gotten those details straightened out between themselves by now?)  THAT is what makes me go hmmmmmmmm... Why the different versions?  Which is right?  The versions are so different that it doesn't seem likely that one person just had a portion to say and neglected the other part.  James couldn't have been in both places at once.  One version would rule out the other.  IMO.  Are all versions we've heard so far untrue?  lol... maybe. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »

This is from an article June 5th. The snipped portion posted below is from an interview with Terri's mother. She is stating he is at boyscout camp with his father. The father is quoted as saying he was with Terri that weekend. Does the grandmother mean the adopted father? Perhaps but it has been said over and over again he was with his bio dad. This is what I am trying to clear up.

Terri also has a 16-year-old son from a former marriage who has lived with her mom and dad for the past few months in Roseburg. The teen's father also lives in the area and the two are on a Boy Scout camping trip this weekend.

Might someone have been intentionally stoking an alibi or?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 04:35:36 PM »

Does anyone know who had the baby that morning?

Seems none of the 3 children are accounted for that morning, where was James? Boy scout camp with his bio dad (or adopted dad) or his grandmothers and she didn't see him and thought he was at boy scout camp or was he at Terri's on June 5th as the bio dad says

James: said to have been at boyscout camp per grandmother who he is said to live with
Or could be James was at Grandmothers June 4th when Kyron went missing and came to Terri's on June 5th for a preplanned weekend per his bio dad and Grandma didn't see him hanging around either place and was mistaken?
Or could be bio dad was mistaken and he wasn't at Terri's and mis understood his son and was never told about boyscout camp and James didn't go with bio dad he was really with adopted dad at scout camp? Seems like James was over looked a bit or could it be....
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 04:36:01 PM »

That is sure what it is looking like.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 04:41:32 PM »

Ok I am just going to come out and say it. If you know one thing about me, I never shut up. Could Terri be protecting her son? 
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 05:50:10 PM »

My thoughts on TH having an affair.

Her pic at Christmas 09, she looks so much better than now.

Typically from what I have seen thought out my many years, when someone is having an affair, they get all dolled up, lose weight if needed, care about how they look, usually a clue as to what they are doing. etc.

TH IMO looks like she has gone downhill in appearance since that Dec pic.

JMO

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 05:50:34 PM »

You know, I have no clue what happened to Kyron. and after so many of these cases I have learned that when family members are speaking about a person or relative - THEY know who they are talking about, just as you would when you are speaking about a family member such as; dad, mom, mum, grandma, memaw - etc. We have no clue lol. It's confusing as all heck.

I did notice that apparently ONLY Terri has taken a polygraph (she has voluntarily taken TWO) - is that normal? me think no.

As time ticks on by and you know the ole saying - time is of the essence - should this whole crew of family members be polygraphed? and what about folks from the school? I know what the police will day - "ohh geez, that will take forever", but in reality - this should have been done from day one.

Everyone, including the teacher, and all staff, should have been polygraphed.

+++

Thank you Darla for clearing up the divorce decree timeline.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »

Kaine, at the very least, should have been polygraphed as well.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 06:00:22 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

9-1-1 calls placed from Horman home over the weekend

by KGW.com Staff

kgw.com

Posted on June 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Updated today at 2:07 PM

PORTLAND -- A threat related 9-1-1 call was made from the home of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman Saturday night, two days before the father filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against his wife.

Kaine Horman recently moved out of the family home with the young daughter he shared with Terri Moulton-Horman.

The two 9-1-1 calls from the Horman home on NW Sheltered Nook Road were made Saturday evening. The first came at 5:17 p.m. and was a "threat" priority two call, meaning officers were sent in person, according to an emergency dispatch supervisor. They arrived at 5:25 p.m.

((snipped)

Details:

9-1-1 calls made from Horman home Saturday

by David Krough and Cheryl Calm, KGW.com Staff

kgw.com

Posted on June 30, 2010 at 2:02 PM
Related:

PORTLAND -- A threat related 9-1-1 call was made from the home of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman Saturday night, two days before the father filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against his wife.

Kaine Horman recently moved out of the family home with the young daughter he shared with Terri Moulton-Horman. The two 9-1-1 calls from the Horman home on NW Sheltered Nook Road were made Saturday evening.

The first came at 5:17 p.m. and was a "threat" priority two call, meaning officers were sent in person, according to an emergency dispatch supervisor. They arrived at 5:25 p.m.

It was not clear whether the calls were placed by a woman or a man.

Later, a "custody" related call was made at 11:39 p.m. It was a priority four call, meaning officers did not respond in person, but a call back to the home was placed at 11:46 and the situation was resolved over the phone.

Dispatchers said Multnomah County placed a hold on both of the 9-1-1 calls made to the Horman’s address.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 06:01:45 PM »

My thoughts on TH having an affair.

Her pic at Christmas 09, she looks so much better than now.

Typically from what I have seen thought out my many years, when someone is having an affair, they get all dolled up, lose weight if needed, care about how they look, usually a clue as to what they are doing. etc.

TH IMO looks like she has gone downhill in appearance since that Dec pic.

JMO

OS

I agree
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.