April 25, 2024, 05:21:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 474212 times)
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2010, 09:03:43 AM »

Good Morning all,  I am glad Terri has a lawyer. Obviously she was being isolated and targeted. I hate being wishy washy with my convictions but I just don't know. As one monkey said earlier I am on the fence, Off the fence, good thing it is a virtual fence and I don't have to pull out the splinters. Wink

I am so glad that Oaks is searching. Maybe he will be the one to find Kyron. My heart wants to believe he is still around but statistics say other.

Terri claims she had a.m. errands and therefore got a sitter for her daughter.  My questions are:
1. Why hasn't that sitter or friend verified that they were the one who watched Terri's daughter?
2. Who saw Terri after she left the school? The town appears to be the type of town where everyone sort of knows each other.
   She is not the invisible woman, so she had to have been seen. Why does this have to remain "hush" as ain important part of the investigation? Why would releasing info. on Terri about others seeing her at certain times in the a.m. hurt the case? That baffles me,everyone from all of the articles I read starting from day one has said that they cannot speak about anything as per LE.  When they questioned the principal, he said he could not comment.(wth) Le had nothing to go on at that stage. Maybe this is the way it works but it sounds strange.
3. Who are these unknown " sources" that are leaking info. to the media.  Why would they leak info. that cannot be substantiated. Is it fodder to feed the hungry news media hounds that offer hyperbole to get ratings?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2010, 09:15:26 AM »

I had not seen Terri's mugshot before, thanks for the link. That is probably one of the best mugshots I've ever seen.  What if Kaine was having an affair, what if Terri by the day was getting more and more upset and depressed by that? Who knows what a person may do under those circumstances? Just a thought.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2010, 09:25:54 AM »

Blink has a new article about the lawyer Terri retained. This is a hot shot lawyer with a big name in the area, I'll bet he is doing this pro bono I can't imagine where Terri would get the money for a lawyer like him.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2010, 09:27:48 AM »

I had not seen Terri's mugshot before, thanks for the link. That is probably one of the best mugshots I've ever seen.  What if Kaine was having an affair, what if Terri by the day was getting more and more upset and depressed by that? Who knows what a person may do under those circumstances? Just a thought.

Very possible.  I think that it is only a matter of time now.  I really hope Mr Oake is able to
find Kyron today.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2010, 09:37:07 AM »

Well, she hires a criminal defense lawyer, not a divorce lawyer.

So, by now she understand that all the police "support" and patronizing has had more to do with them trying to squeeze evidence out of her than their wanting to console her.

Someone was saying yesterday that she planned on speaking to the media to give her side of the story. Chances are her attorney will pass on that idea.

--------

I do feel for her and her plight, but...

Too many times nowadays we see people murder for the stupidest of reasons, as if the life of others were not important.

Too sad when it is children that fall in these circumstances.

I do feel she is responsible for Kyron's death, and that she did plan on going to school and make her presence known to others that morning, and leave Kyron's jacket and book bag on his desk.

The plan was to make it appear as if he disappeared from the school, let others take the blame, maybe sue later on.

She did count on the crowd there that morning to create confusion, and on the teacher being a little "out of touch"... something she was aware of.

She didn't count on people doubting her story and not taking her word at face value.

I think she was being vindictive, and she is a very calculating person... though she appears that she can't hurt a fly.

But, the goose is cooked, time to fess up!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: July 01, 2010, 09:42:10 AM »

I can't really argue with what you just posted Itaryl Moosee, I pretty much am thinking the same thing, except for the fact I have a bad nagging feeling about Kaine, that just won't go away.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »

Thank you for all the updates everyone.  So she finally retained an attorney.  I have a nagging feeling about Kaine as well.  What I would like to know is if his whereabouts in the morning the day Kyron went missing can be verified?  Did he work from home the entire day or did he come home early and work from home half the day?  Did he really go into work if he only worked a half day? 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: July 01, 2010, 10:01:09 AM »

Thank you for all the updates everyone.  So she finally retained an attorney.  I have a nagging feeling about Kaine as well.  What I would like to know is if his whereabouts in the morning the day Kyron went missing can be verified?  Did he work from home the entire day or did he come home early and work from home half the day?  Did he really go into work if he only worked a half day? 
Supposedly he went to work in the morning and came home around noon time, and worked at home that afternoon. I have to say this again, why did he not bother to go to his son's science fair?
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #248 on: July 01, 2010, 10:07:04 AM »

Supposedly he went to work in the morning and came home around noon time, and worked at home that afternoon. I have to say this again, why did he not bother to go to his son's science fair?
That is a very good question.  Gee I can't help but wonder if he really went to work and if he had planned on taking a half day to work at home why not take a half day in the morning and attend the science fair.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: July 01, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »

And then Kaine, Terri and Kitty went to the bus stop, supposedly they were going to have ice cream, per Kaine. Funny thing is, I don't recall reading that Terri suggested the ice cream, or Kaine being with her at the bus stop, but I could be wrong.
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »

I can't really argue with what you just posted Itaryl Moosee, I pretty much am thinking the same thing, except for the fact I have a bad nagging feeling about Kaine, that just won't go away.

Morning Monkeys and guests...

I too have a bad feeling about Kaine. He seems to have the personality traits of my ex.
When I had my first child, I had quit working to focus on her. He was the only one working at the time and made it very clear who the breadwinner was. The money wasn't 'our money', it was 'his money.' He was very controlling and demanding. Kaine seems like he could be the same way. Family pics showing a smiling and involved Kaine could be deceiving. To quote Rob... 'a pic is just a second into ones life.'

I would also like to know why Desiree filed the RO against him. Could she a little more light on the family dynamics, or what Terri was dealing with on a daily basis.

I truly hope we have some news today, hoping for good news, but any news will work.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Kyron

NCSunny

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2010, 10:10:51 AM »

That is a very good question.  Gee I can't help but wonder if he really went to work and if he had planned on taking a half day to work at home why not take a half day in the morning and attend the science fair.
Exactly, most parents would. The only thing I can come up with is maybe there was an important meeting Kaine couldn't miss that morning at work.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2010, 10:12:59 AM »

Morning Monkeys and guests...

I too have a bad feeling about Kaine. He seems to have the personality traits of my ex.
When I had my first child, I had quit working to focus on her. He was the only one working at the time and made it very clear who the breadwinner was. The money wasn't 'our money', it was 'his money.' He was very controlling and demanding. Kaine seems like he could be the same way. Family pics showing a smiling and involved Kaine could be deceiving. To quote Rob... 'a pic is just a second into ones life.'

I would also like to know why Desiree filed the RO against him. Could she a little more light on the family dynamics, or what Terri was dealing with on a daily basis.

I truly hope we have some news today, hoping for good news, but any news will work.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Kyron
That is how I see him, don't have any personal experience with that, but know people who do. Many pictures taken of families do not show what is really going on inside a families home. Anyone can smile for a picture or two.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #253 on: July 01, 2010, 10:16:04 AM »

Good morning Jess & Monkey's,

Jess would SM need to pay "restitution" for the searches if she were convicted of a crime?  I read on an Oregon
blog asking that question.  I haven't found anything clear according to Oregon laws pertaining to restitution in her case.

Thank-you

Yes, the judge may order restitution.  Revised ORS 137.106(1)(a) provides that the court "shall include in the judgment a requirement that the defendant pay the victim restitution in an amount that equals the full amount of the victim’s pecuniary damages as determined by the court."  ORS 137.103 defines "victim" as "any person whom the court determines has suffered pecuniary damages."  Further, ORS 174.100(5) defines "person" to include "individuals, corporations, associations." Thus, for the purposes of a restitution order under ORS 137.106, a "victim" includes any person or entity who suffered pecuniary losses as a result of the crime.  Relevant case law interprets "any person or entity" as including the state.  So if the state suffered "pecuniary damages" (that is, money damages) as a result of the crime, the court SHALL order restitution.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2010, 10:19:37 AM »

Good morning Jess & Monkey's,

Jess would SM need to pay "restitution" for the searches if she were convicted of a crime?  I read on an Oregon
blog asking that question.  I haven't found anything clear according to Oregon laws pertaining to restitution in her case.

Thank-you

Yes, the judge may order restitution.  Revised ORS 137.106(1)(a) provides that the court "shall include in the judgment a requirement that the defendant pay the victim restitution in an amount that equals the full amount of the victim’s pecuniary damages as determined by the court."  ORS 137.103 defines "victim" as "any person whom the court determines has suffered pecuniary damages."  Further, ORS 174.100(5) defines "person" to include "individuals, corporations, associations." Thus, for the purposes of a restitution order under ORS 137.106, a "victim" includes any person or entity who suffered pecuniary losses as a result of the crime.  Relevant case law interprets "any person or entity" as including the state.  So if the state suffered "pecuniary damages" (that is, money damages) as a result of the crime, the court SHALL order restitution.

JessStar, now that Terri has retained this lawyer, that by all accounts has a good reputation, do you think he is working pro bono? I can't imagine how Terri could possibly come up with the money for him. Also, she will have to retain a divorce lawyer also, right? How in the world can she afford all this?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #255 on: July 01, 2010, 10:20:17 AM »

Well, she hires a criminal defense lawyer, not a divorce lawyer.

So, by now she understand that all the police "support" and patronizing has had more to do with them trying to squeeze evidence out of her than their wanting to console her.

Someone was saying yesterday that she planned on speaking to the media to give her side of the story. Chances are her attorney will pass on that idea.

--------

I do feel for her and her plight, but...

Too many times nowadays we see people murder for the stupidest of reasons, as if the life of others were not important.

Too sad when it is children that fall in these circumstances.

I do feel she is responsible for Kyron's death, and that she did plan on going to school and make her presence known to others that morning, and leave Kyron's jacket and book bag on his desk.

The plan was to make it appear as if he disappeared from the school, let others take the blame, maybe sue later on.

She did count on the crowd there that morning to create confusion, and on the teacher being a little "out of touch"... something she was aware of.

She didn't count on people doubting her story and not taking her word at face value.

I think she was being vindictive, and she is a very calculating person... though she appears that she can't hurt a fly.

But, the goose is cooked, time to fess up!

it sure is looking like it.

I have to admit - after following all these missing person cases, most of them actual murders where someone has disappeared the body - this case has so many moving parts that it would all need to be so precise to make it happen / work and for her to get away with it. It seems like the craziest scheme I think I have ever read about.

what kind of a nut stages a child abduction from a school? it's surreal.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: July 01, 2010, 10:26:31 AM »

This is odd to me..... on NG last night, wednesday.... this is from the transcripts.... sloppy way of telling the story by NG??  She says this three, THREE times!!  In three different ways... Sloppy, or breaking news?  I vote sloppy, but you guys can tussle it out.  lol  It's already hit the net, folks saying this as having been reported on NG.  <rolls eyes>  OMG why can't she be more careful how she says what she does??  She spoke of Kyron in the first half of her show.

~~~~

GRACE: It`s my understanding, Heather in Indiana, that they did not, that the parents only discovered Kyron was not at school that day, or so they say, when they went to the bus stop together and he didn`t get off the bus. Then they find out he was never at school. And what that means, Heather in Indiana, is stepmom says 8:45 AM, she sees the little boy, she walks him down the hall, they get to his door, she leaves. He never made it in that door, Heather in Indiana.

<snip...... and further down in the transcripts>

NANCY GRACE, HOST:

blah blah blah...
blah blah blah...
down somemore..
and then this:

Well, when the father and the stepmother go to pick him up off the bus, he never came off the bus. That`s when the father learned he had never been at school that day. Although stepmom says she walked him almost all the way to his first class. And the bell rang and he was going in.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/30/ng.01.html

ROB - if you believe Nancy Graces transcript, she's saying Kyron never was in school that day. 
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2010, 10:27:35 AM »

The vibes may be that he could be a control freak.

That, TOO, could cause a woman a lot of stress/weight gain and circles around the eyes.

But, anything is possible.

I feel that IF Kaine were a part of the plot, he would not be divorcing her and taking her daughter away.

She would be spilling the beans, even if she goes to jail herself, in order to take her daughter from him... if she had cause.

MOO

-----

It has been covered before that the restraining order Desiree got was because she was afraid that Kaine would take Kyron away. The judge issued the restraining order barring BOTH from taking the kid away without the other's approval.

Desiree was given custody, but two years (2004)later she had renal failure and went to Canada to get treatments (maybe because it's cheaper there, just speculation on my part.) While she was there, Kaine took care of Kyron and when she came back she allowed him to remain with Kaine while she put her life in order but she kept visitations.

That is based on articles by the Wyllamette Weekly, and it was discussed early on this threat.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Smile
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2010, 10:31:11 AM »

I don't know what to think about the NG transcripts and that Kyron wasn't really in school that day, I'm thinking this is not correct. I'm sure by now info would have leaked out if this were true.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2010, 10:38:21 AM »

ROB - if you believe Nancy Graces transcript, she's saying Kyron never was in school that day. 

Mornin Klaas, yeah I DID see that. I guess I don't know what to believe anymore. I hate when that happens.

How could the classmate have seen him? is that report erroneous? I could list other things too, but I'm not really sure it matters all that much. He was there or he wasn't. That's where it seems to be right now.

I really hate it when there are conflicting reports.

Thanks for bumpin' that forward. < smile >

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.