March 28, 2024, 08:05:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 471327 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »

ROB - if you believe Nancy Graces transcript, she's saying Kyron never was in school that day. 

Mornin Klaas, yeah I DID see that. I guess I don't know what to believe anymore. I hate when that happens.

How could the classmate have seen him? is that report erroneous? I could list other things too, but I'm not really sure it matters all that much. He was there or he wasn't. That's where it seems to be right now.

I really hate it when there are conflicting reports.

Thanks for bumpin' that forward. < smile >

I'm just thinking that kids get confused.  It's also possible that Kyron was there that morning early for Terri to get that photo of them then THEY left.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2010, 10:45:41 AM »

When I look at this comparison this is what I see.  I see a LOST expression, as if they cannot believe what THEY have done.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2010, 10:48:20 AM »

ROB - if you believe Nancy Graces transcript, she's saying Kyron never was in school that day. 

Mornin Klaas, yeah I DID see that. I guess I don't know what to believe anymore. I hate when that happens.

How could the classmate have seen him? is that report erroneous? I could list other things too, but I'm not really sure it matters all that much. He was there or he wasn't. That's where it seems to be right now.

I'm just thinking that kids get confused.  It's also possible that Kyron was there that morning early for Terri to get that photo of them then THEY left.
That is what I think also, she snapped the photo and they left. Kids that age get confused with time and what day, and I'm really thinking that is what happened with little Tanner.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »

well, it certainly could have happened like that - I just don't know.

I guess if it went down like that - nobody saw them leaving?

other parents were arriving as they were leaving and no one sees them?

hard to imagine, but I guess it's possible.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »

I remember reading earlier in the case - like when it first occurred - that there was no video / security in this school? if that's correct - just WOW. What kind of school has no video these days?

I think this is the very reason schools have video surveillance. High speed internet seems like a luxury when the school doesn't even have a flippin video system.

I sure hope that report was wrong, but I haven't seen anything to counter it.

+++

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2010, 10:57:03 AM »

I remember reading earlier in the case - like when it first occurred - that there was no video / security in this school? if that's correct - just WOW. What kind of school has no video these days?

I think this is the very reason schools have video surveillance. High speed internet seems like a luxury when the school doesn't even have a flippin video system.

I sure hope that report was wrong, but I haven't seen anything to counter it.

I believe there was no video/security in this school.  Here is a link from a lady that took some awesome photos of the school and Island.  http://forums.radionewz.net/index.php?topic=151.0     They can't even cut the grass, let alone have security. Evidently Portland schools must be lacking proper funds for their schools, just like so many other cities.
marycat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #266 on: July 01, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »

Regarding NG's comment about Kyron not being in school that Friday:

When I first read it I thought the same as many of you that she was saying he wasn't at Skyline that day, but upon reading it again I believe she meant he wasn't in "class" that day. He was AT the school, but not IN school.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: July 01, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »

Regarding NG's comment about Kyron not being in school that Friday:

When I first read it I thought the same as many of you that she was saying he wasn't at Skyline that day, but upon reading it again I believe she meant he wasn't in "class" that day. He was AT the school, but not IN school.
That makes sense, thanks marycat.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #268 on: July 01, 2010, 11:09:25 AM »

I thought about that too.  It would be interesting to know if they are able to pin down a date and time that the photo was snapped, I have to believe with memory cards and digital technology that this is possible and they are keeping this close to the vest.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2010, 11:28:59 AM »

<snipped>
I thought about that too.  It would be interesting to know if they are able to pin down a date and time that the photo was snapped, I have to believe with memory cards and digital technology that this is possible and they are keeping this close to the vest.
Hi Monkeys! This is my first time in this thread, but I always thought the same thing about digital photos. When it is snapped, the date/time is stamped on the card. There is no way to alter that as I far as I understand. I'm still fairly confused with this whole case and am not sure who is responsible. At this moment I tend to lean toward the parents (SM) as most likely. The problem is there really is so much unknown or unconfirmed about this case it's hard to feel completely sure about anything. I mean has anyone confirmed that he was there at school that morning? I mean other than media reports? If he was actually there at school it makes it harder for me to believe SM took him then left with him and killed him. If there is no proof he was there that morning, or that photo was not taken that morning, then I think that looks really bad for SM.

RIP Sweet Puppy
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2010, 11:31:52 AM »

Updated: 6:38 AM Jul 1, 2010
Two 911 Calls Made From the Horman's Home

The Bureau of Emergency Communications has confirmed there was not one, but two 911 calls placed from Kyron Horman's home last Saturday night.

The first at 5:18 that evening, lasting 13 minutes, reporting threats made at the home on Sheltered Nook road in Portland.

The Bureau of Emergency Communication won't reveal who made the call, but says there was a second 911 report made later that evening around 11:30.

That call was related to a child custody issue. Two days later, a restraining order was granted.

"So it may be a combination of pass history and it also may be that he knows something that we obviosly don't know. that the police believe has happened," says former FBI Agent Brad Garrett.

The developments leave Kyron's step mom, Terri Horman behind with her parents at the home and friends who have stuck by her.

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/97570024.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2010, 11:32:42 AM »

Hi marycat!  Welcome!

I had another thought about the photo of Kyron in front of his science project.  Many people think the photo was photoshopped to change the date.  (I believe Wyks said it was on Terri's FB with a June 3rd date on it.)  What if the photo with the person in the plaid shirt was taken on the 3rd.  There is also a photo of the project with no one in it and a photo supposedly during the same time with Kyron in it.  What if Kyron's body was added to that photo at a later time to make it look like he was there on the 4th.  Many people have commented that it looks like his left arm is missing.  That seemed strange to me, too.  Maybe Terri was there on the 4th and she spoke of Kyron being down the hall or in the bathroom, and that is what people remember.  Maybe he wasn't there on the 4th, just Terri.  (Maybe this has been discussed before I started posting here again.) 

I just wonder if any of you have noticed a photo where Kyron was standing in a similar position that could have been combined with the empty science fair project photo.  (of course a photo like that could have been deleted. 

Maybe this is a silly idea, but it was a thought.  Brandi is so good with the photos, maybe she could consider this possibility.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2010, 11:34:48 AM »

Search Expert Using Dogs To Look For Kyron
June 30, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A search expert took his border collies into the field Wednesday to search for evidence of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, nearly one month after the boy disappeared from Skyline School in northwest Portland.

Harry Oakes, the head of International K-9 Search and Rescue, offered his services to police when Kyron disappeared, but they declined. He said he's donating his time to search for Kyron on his own.

Since the first week of the investigation, Sauvie's Island has been a location repeatedly searched in the effort to find Kyron. Dive teams, K-9s and horse trailers have been spotted at the island, but deputies have not said whether they found anything.

Oakes returned to the island on Wednesday.

"I give absolutely no credibility to the search dogs they use," Oakes said. "Too many times, we've gone in after they've searched and then found the person in the original search area."

Oakes scoured areas of Sauvie Island with his dogs and focused on marinas around the island. Without a piece of Kyron's clothing or a pillow case, he gave his dogs a pseudo scent to track.

During his search, one dog honed in on a spot of water and Oakes pulled a sock out. It was the only spot that triggered the dogs.

On Thursday, he plans to bring in a second dog team to see if they get hits in the same areas. If they do, Oakes plans to call police.

Oakes said he is not trying to upstage the sheriff's office or get in their way. He simply wants to give the family closure.

"I saw the captain from the sheriff's office make a promise to bring Kyron home and I'm trying to help him keep that promise," Oakes said.

911 Calls Came From Horman Family Home

This week, Kaine Horman filed for divorce and a restraining order against Terri Horman, who was the last person to have reported seeing 7-year-old Kyron.

He left his family's home in northwest Portland on Saturday and took the 18-month-old daughter he shared with Terri Horman with him.

FOX 12 has learned that two 911 calls were made from the Horman family home over the weekend. One call was classified as a custodial interference issue and the other call was related to "threats being made to another person."

Sheriff's deputies would not elaborate on the calls. The calls have also been impounded and will not be released to the media until a later date.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24100574/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2010, 11:46:36 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

Thank-you Jess for clearing up Oregon's Restitution Law.

O.T.

Mizz Nancy was Pranked:) Some wise less guy pulled a prank about the Family media chat at 10:00 am.

Doesn't NG assistant ask Questions when a call comes through?  When, Where, How, Who?

Hee, Hee.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2010, 11:50:59 AM »

I can't see the need to photoshop the pics.

Actually just changing the date in the camera would be easier - then you simply click and take your picture.

That's easy.

The date is stamped as the date you choose and then you change the date back to the correct date.

+++

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2010, 11:51:11 AM »

Hi marycat!  Welcome!

I had another thought about the photo of Kyron in front of his science project.  Many people think the photo was photoshopped to change the date.  (I believe Wyks said it was on Terri's FB with a June 3rd date on it.)  What if the photo with the person in the plaid shirt was taken on the 3rd.  There is also a photo of the project with no one in it and a photo supposedly during the same time with Kyron in it.  What if Kyron's body was added to that photo at a later time to make it look like he was there on the 4th.  Many people have commented that it looks like his left arm is missing.  That seemed strange to me, too.  Maybe Terri was there on the 4th and she spoke of Kyron being down the hall or in the bathroom, and that is what people remember.  Maybe he wasn't there on the 4th, just Terri.  (Maybe this has been discussed before I started posting here again.) 

I just wonder if any of you have noticed a photo where Kyron was standing in a similar position that could have been combined with the empty science fair project photo.  (of course a photo like that could have been deleted. 

Maybe this is a silly idea, but it was a thought.  Brandi is so good with the photos, maybe she could consider this possibility.
That's not silly at all, I know nothing about pictures and photoshopping, who knows, anything is possible.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

O.T.

Mizz Nancy was Pranked:) Some wise less guy pulled a prank about the Family media chat at 10:00 am.

Doesn't NG assistant ask Questions when a call comes through?  When, Where, How, Who?

Hee, Hee.
Oh, geez, thanks.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »

Let me see if I can explain what has me not convinced SM directly did this. I once was told if you have to change everything around a crime to make a suspect fit, then most likely it is not the right suspect.
In order for her to have taken Kyron out of school, you have to discount the little boy account of seeing him and what happened in class. I can't think of a reason a little boy would out right lie in a case such as this that involves police. He didn't just say he saw Kyron and Kyron talked about a cool electric project, he talked about what happened in class, what his teacher said what the volunteer said, what time of the day it was, that Terri left without Kyron. If it was just he said he saw Kyron at 9, then yes, perhaps he was confused, but this is a lot to be confused about, kwim? Plus he says he saw Kyron at the opposite end of the school.

Also, from Tanners account which I cannot discount just because he is 8, the teacher first believed Kyron to be in the bathroom or getting a drink of water, she didn't automatically think he was at an appointment which leads me to believe she was not directly told that morning about a doctors appointment, that was an assumption on her part. Now why would Terri risk the teacher sounding every alarm ever made? She or whoever took Kyron had no idea if Kyron would be discovered missing in the next second after he was taken. Who ever took him, risked being seen with him as you are walking out of the building, that is what leads me to think he was hidden from view. That makes the most sense.

There is a quote somewhere in the media mess they call articles that say, Kyron was seen later that morning but le would not comment who he was with if anyone. So they won't say if he was alone, if he was of course? Why not? 
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »

Hi marycat!  Welcome!

That's not silly at all, I know nothing about pictures and photoshopping, who knows, anything is possible.

Thanks, No rose!  After thinking about it, I was talking about the wrong photo.  It would have been the one that was dated June 3rd that Wyks originally saw.  It could be Kyron was added to that photo as well as the date being changed.  Whoa!  Now I'm really mixed up.  Never mind.

Maybe Brandi could comment on the idea that his image could have been photo shopped into one of the photos.  Thanks!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2010, 11:57:48 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

O.T.

Hee, Hee.
Oh, geez, thanks.

This is an amusing photo (Third photo down on this link) a "Welcome sign," goodness..

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/28/a-visit-with-terri-moulton-horman-and-whats-changed-at-the-house-this-week/

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.