April 24, 2024, 06:41:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 474163 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: July 01, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »

When asked if Kristian Horman’s child molestation conviction in Seattle, Wash., was part of the investigation in Kyron’s case in Portland, Multnomah County Sheriff’s office spokeswoman, Lt. Mary Lindstand, said, “Yes, I can say that it is part of the investigation.”Asked if Snohomish County Sheriff’s office is involved in Kyron’s case, Hover said, “We are sharing information about our case with investigators in Kyron’s case."

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d23-Kyron-Horman-Update-Details-emerge-about-Kyrons-uncle-charged-in-child-molestation-case

So we know for sure that this is part of their investigation. That part could only be either Kristian's own involvement, or Kaine's, in reviewing Kristian's family history of sexual molestation. Would Kristian be the only boy the grandfather molested as a child or was his brother Kaine a victim as well? We know the sad statistics that this behavior often continues multi-generational.

You know, I did as much research on Kristian (Kaine's brother, Kyron's uncle) as I could last night, and I wondered the same.

I did find out that Kaine is adopted. His biological father is Kurtis Mengel. I did not find out if Kristian is adopted also or not.

Kristian was convicted of a sex crime on a relative. A 15-year-old girl. Daughter of his ex-wife.

According to one source, "Police asked Kristian Horman what he was thinking about after the girl pulled away. He then revealed there was a history of abuse in the Horman family, court records show, and said his grandfather had abused him."

He was not incarcerated when Kyron went missing.

He began serving a six-month sentence after he was convicted Wednesday, June 16, 2010 of third-degree child molestation. He's in Snohomish County jail in Everett, WA.

Don't know where he was living when Kyron went missing yet.

I don't know what to think about all that, personally.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #501 on: July 01, 2010, 11:40:36 PM »

Good morning Jess & Monkey's,

Jess would SM need to pay "restitution" for the searches if she were convicted of a crime?  I read on an Oregon
blog asking that question.  I haven't found anything clear according to Oregon laws pertaining to restitution in her case.

Thank-you

Yes, the judge may order restitution.  Revised ORS 137.106(1)(a) provides that the court "shall include in the judgment a requirement that the defendant pay the victim restitution in an amount that equals the full amount of the victim’s pecuniary damages as determined by the court."  ORS 137.103 defines "victim" as "any person whom the court determines has suffered pecuniary damages."  Further, ORS 174.100(5) defines "person" to include "individuals, corporations, associations." Thus, for the purposes of a restitution order under ORS 137.106, a "victim" includes any person or entity who suffered pecuniary losses as a result of the crime.  Relevant case law interprets "any person or entity" as including the state.  So if the state suffered "pecuniary damages" (that is, money damages) as a result of the crime, the court SHALL order restitution.

JessStar, now that Terri has retained this lawyer, that by all accounts has a good reputation, do you think he is working pro bono? I can't imagine how Terri could possibly come up with the money for him. Also, she will have to retain a divorce lawyer also, right? How in the world can she afford all this?

Oh, I can't begin to speculate what their fee agreement looks like and whether he's doing this pro bono or not.  She doesn't have to get a lawyer for her divorce either.  Who knows.  I do feel bad for her, though, if she's innocent.  Her life has been all but ruined.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: July 01, 2010, 11:43:32 PM »

Brandi - was that you that called into NG and told her you loved her show?  lolol

Love you too, Klaas!

Janet will claim that emoticon as her own yanno!

< grins >

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #503 on: July 01, 2010, 11:59:14 PM »

In case someone wants to add this to the Who's Who:

Angela Rockwood

married to Ron Tarver (Terri's ex hubby)

some info
http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/angelarockwood

Religion:
Wiccan <---------

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: July 02, 2010, 12:04:38 AM »

Thanks to all for updates, articles, quotes and insights.

Hubby and I left the Canada Day celebrations a little early.  We did not want to fight the anticipated massive traffic jam leaving the area following the fireworks display.  If we manage to stay awake ... those fireworks will look just as beautiful on the horizon from our sundeck.

My impression is that Kaine Horman is one controlling individual.

1.  Could control be the reason that Kyron's mother initially took out a restraining order following their breakup?

2.  Could control be the reason that Kaine was eventually given custody of Kyron?

3.  Could control have anything to do with the happenings encompassing the disappearance of Kyron?

4. Could Kaine's control be the reason that he was able to legally separate Terri from their little daughter?

Good Night

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: July 02, 2010, 12:06:43 AM »

Angela Rockwood

some info

Myspace:

Religion:
Wiccan <---------

Thanks, Wyks. Added that to my "notes."

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: July 02, 2010, 12:09:10 AM »

I don't know if a judge can, but maybe LE after meeting with the judge, informed judge that they had spoken w/ Kaine who was willing to allow a family member to provide care until Kyron was found.
One valid reason for emergency ex-parte protective order as listed on the order "The person to be protected is a minor child in immediate danger of being abducted by the person to be restrained because
of the facts alleged in item 3."
This would be interference with custody wouldn't it. So did Terri threaten to take Kitty but Kaine beat her to it?

Don't forget that the restraining order isn't just for Kitty or Kyron (if he's found) but also for James. 

James too? what the heck. How can he allege Terri is gonna hurt a natural son and he's apparently the reason James isn't living there. Seriously?

If Terri threatened to take all the children away, this only makes sense, plus he is a minor, so he would be included. Sure would piss her off too. This makes most sense to me with the 911 call being for interference with custody.

Peace - James isn't even living with Terri, and she only sees him on weekends I think (IIRC and who knows at this point) so, essentially She can't even visit her son.

Doesn't an RO cover she cannot contact him or talk to him or talk to him through someone.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #507 on: July 02, 2010, 12:12:59 AM »

Angela Rockwood

some info

Myspace:

Religion:
Wiccan <---------

Thanks, Wyks. Added that to my "notes."

That's good Brandi, cuz LOL it would get totally lost in mine.  Razz

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: July 02, 2010, 12:14:37 AM »

When asked if Kristian Horman’s child molestation conviction in Seattle, Wash., was part of the investigation in Kyron’s case in Portland, Multnomah County Sheriff’s office spokeswoman, Lt. Mary Lindstand, said, “Yes, I can say that it is part of the investigation.”Asked if Snohomish County Sheriff’s office is involved in Kyron’s case, Hover said, “We are sharing information about our case with investigators in Kyron’s case."

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d23-Kyron-Horman-Update-Details-emerge-about-Kyrons-uncle-charged-in-child-molestation-case

So we know for sure that this is part of their investigation. That part could only be either Kristian's own involvement, or Kaine's, in reviewing Kristian's family history of sexual molestation. Would Kristian be the only boy the grandfather molested as a child or was his brother Kaine a victim as well? We know the sad statistics that this behavior often continues multi-generational.

We still do not know who all was involved in the molstation, as we shouldn't know considering they are minors. The charge implys there were more then one minor present. Who the 2nd one was we don't know. They supposedly were not touched, I recall the attorney said they were not apart of it and we all said BS, that other minor being there somehow added to the sick twisted joy of it all.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: July 02, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »

We still do not know who all was involved in the molstation, as we shouldn't know considering they are minors. The charge implys there were more then one minor present. Who the 2nd one was we don't know. They supposedly were not touched, I recall the attorney said they were not apart of it and we all said BS, that other minor being there somehow added to the sick twisted joy of it all.

Sorry that didn't even make any sense! I meant, another minor was there for this little event, we do not know who, how old this other minor was or if it was male or female.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: July 02, 2010, 12:21:40 AM »

You know, I did as much research on Kristian (Kaine's brother, Kyron's uncle) as I could last night, and I wondered the same.

I did find out that Kaine is adopted. His biological father is Kurtis Mengel. I did not find out if Kristian is adopted also or not.

Kristian was convicted of a sex crime on a relative. A 15-year-old girl. Daughter of his ex-wife.

According to one source, "Police asked Kristian Horman what he was thinking about after the girl pulled away. He then revealed there was a history of abuse in the Horman family, court records show, and said his grandfather had abused him."

He began serving a six-month sentence after he was convicted Wednesday, June 16, 2010 of third-degree child molestation. He's in Snohomish County jail in Everett, WA.

But why would Terri help this man to the point of potentionally putting her butt in jail? I really think Terri is helping someone, is this the person? Why?
BTW other information on this man is he is a oh Gosh Wykes what is that again? That group.. We talked about it, probably has nothing to do with this but who knows.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: July 02, 2010, 12:29:40 AM »

But why would Terri help this man to the point of potentionally putting her butt in jail? I really think Terri is helping someone, is this the person? Why?
BTW other information on this man is he is a oh Gosh Wykes what is that again? That group.. We talked about it, probably has nothing to do with this but who knows.
A Mason?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: July 02, 2010, 12:41:25 AM »

Worth a repost:

http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

Troubled Family
What records show about Kyron Horman’s stepmom, dad and other relatives.

BY JAMES PITKIN

In the nearly three weeks since Kyron Horman disappeared, law enforcement officials, reporters and thousands of online commenters have focused their attention on the 7-year-old boy’s fractured family.

The Sunday Oregonian devoted its front page June 20 to a story detailing relations between the boy’s biological mother and stepfather, who live in Medford, and his father and stepmom, who lived with Kyron in Portland. The headline called them a “close, supportive group.”

But a WW review of dozens of court documents paints a very different portrait. These documents reveal a family that has at times been divided by rocky divorce, suspicion and—in the case of one uncle—sex abuse.

This side of the family’s history takes on new emphasis as the investigation into the boy’s June 4 disappearance from Skyline Elementary School drags on. As first reported June 17 on wweek.com, sources in law enforcement say investigators are increasingly focusing on the stepmom’s whereabouts the day Kyron vanished. She’s the last person known to have seen the boy.

When he disappeared, Kyron was living with his father, Kaine Horman, and stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman, at their $292,000 home off secluded Northwest Sheltered Nook Road. Kaine Horman is an Intel engineer who made $90,000 back in 2002, according to court records.

Terri Moulton Horman is a former bodybuilder and ex-teacher who last worked for the Hillsboro School District, state records show. The Oregonian reports she gave birth to Kaine Horman’s daughter, Kiara, in December 2008.

Kaine Horman had been married once before, to Kyron’s biological mother, who now goes by the name Desiree Young. Washington County Circuit Court records show Young was pregnant with Kyron, the couple’s only child, when she filed for divorce from Kaine in August 2002. She cited irreconcilable differences.

What hasn’t been made public is the fact that, a month after filing for divorce, Young sought a restraining order against Kaine Horman, Kyron’s dad.

At the time, she had a 7-year-old son from a previous marriage. In court documents, Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” It’s unclear whether the couple was living together at the time. Washington County Circuit Judge Donald Letourneau granted Young’s request, forbidding either her or Kaine Horman from taking the children without the other’s consent.

According to Washington County Circuit Court records, Terri Moulton Horman has been married twice before and has a 16-year-old son, James Moulton, from her first marriage. She married her second husband, Richard Ecker, in 1996. He adopted James in 1998, court records show.

Three years later, they filed for divorce. At the time the couple agreed James would stay with Terri Moulton Horman and visit Ecker three times a week. “I love him very much, and he calls me dad and always has,” Ecker wrote in court records.

Although it’s not been made public, court records reveal that in 2008—a year after she married Kaine Horman—Terri Moulton Horman wrote the court, saying Ecker had ceased all contact with the family for three years. Washington County ordered him to start paying $493 a month, and the issue has since faded from the public record.

That same year, Kaine Horman’s brother, Kristian Horman, was arrested for child molestation.

Snohomish County Superior Court records say Kristian Horman, 32, was living with his girlfriend, her mother and his 1-year-old son in Bothell, Wash. On Oct. 24, 2008, the daughter of Kristian Horman’s ex-wife stayed at his house while his girlfriend was out of town. The records say Kristian Horman invited the girl, who was 15, to sleep in his bed. He massaged her back, then began rubbing her crotch. The girl left the bed and called her mother, and Kristian Horman apologized.

When police interviewed him, Kristian Horman at first said he was asleep and couldn’t remember what had happened. Finally he confessed, according to court records, saying he was trying to “arouse and initiate relations” with the girl.

Police asked Kristian Horman what he was thinking about after the girl pulled away. He then revealed there was a history of abuse in the Horman family, court records show, and said his grandfather had abused him.

“He indicated that he was thinking about all the stuff his grandfather had done to him,” the court records say, “and remembering how he felt during the time.” Kristian Horman was sentenced June 16 to six months in jail.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: July 02, 2010, 12:42:55 AM »

Yes thank you a mason. What I found odd was he was an active member along with a few of his relatives and Kaine was not. I took that to mean perhaps Kaine was not as close to the family as Kristian was. But the stories of Neil Horman certainly state a different story when you consider the names of the characters.
When we first heard of this everyone was so focused on Terri I think it sort of got lost. It is certainly interesting especially that LE did say it was apart of the investigation, I forgot that detail. hmmmm

So we have Kristian a convicted child molester, Terri who is not cooperating according the family and an news article claims a source (yea like was that kaine and desiree?) is saying Terri refused to answer questions. I know it is not popular but we have her son who's whereabouts from January to now remains a mystery. Did I miss anyone? 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #514 on: July 02, 2010, 12:54:40 AM »

Uncle dearest was charged with child molestation in the 3rd degree. Read what it means, an adult causing 2 minors to engage in sexual relations. Let me find the article that has Kristians quote, he says they all were in bed...All?
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.44.089

RCW 9A.44.089
Child molestation in the third degree. 

(1) A person is guilty of child molestation in the third degree when the person has, or knowingly causes another person under the age of eighteen to have, sexual contact with another who is at least fourteen years old but less than sixteen years old and not married to the perpetrator and the perpetrator is at least forty-eight months older than the victim.

(2) Child molestation in the third degree is a class C felony.

[1994 c 271 § 305; 1988 c 145 § 7.]

Notes:
     Intent -- 1994 c 271: See note following RCW 9A.44.010.

Purpose -- Severability -- 1994 c 271: See notes following RCW 9A.28.020.

Effective date -- Savings -- Application -- 1988 c 145: See notes following RCW 9A.44.010.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #515 on: July 02, 2010, 12:56:47 AM »

Yes thank you a mason. What I found odd was he was an active member along with a few of his relatives and Kaine was not. I took that to mean perhaps Kaine was not as close to the family as Kristian was. But the stories of Neil Horman certainly state a different story when you consider the names of the characters.
When we first heard of this everyone was so focused on Terri I think it sort of got lost. It is certainly interesting especially that LE did say it was apart of the investigation, I forgot that detail. hmmmm

So we have Kristian a convicted child molester, Terri who is not cooperating according the family and an news article claims a source (yea like was that kaine and desiree?) is saying Terri refused to answer questions. I know it is not popular but we have her son who's whereabouts from January to now remains a mystery. Did I miss anyone? 

And the teenage son's stepmom, Angela Rockwood, married to his biodad.  Ron Tarver and Angela who the teen was supposedly living with for these past several months or so.  Yeah.. the same Angela who is Wiccan, and invited someone thru her myspace to go to a summer solstice ritual.  (myspace scrubbed of that post before anyone could grab a screenshot). 

What kind of weekend campout was James supposedly at, but seemingly not really?  Oh yeah... boy scouts.  Anyway to verify a boy scout and dad weekend campout last month?   

dodade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #516 on: July 02, 2010, 12:57:46 AM »

*Count me in on thinking Kaine not being involved with the disappearance.  Like someone mentioned earlier Terri would have to bring in him one door and Kaine grab him out of the other.  I just think it's too far fetched.  I am not getting a bad vibe...it looked like he was standing behind Terri until he was "fully informed" of the investigation...then everyone "backed away from her". 

*I also don't think the judge would let the daughter go with him and I couldn't imagine Desiree and her husband standing "with" him.

*Having a press conference but then telling the reporters nothing can be reported? ODD.  It's like they are begging for something to be leaked out.

*My heart broke for Desiree while she was speaking.

*I also wondered about her statement, "Kyron is still alive."  Is that hope or does she know more?

*If Terri did do it then I would think the guilt Kaine is feeling from marrying a monster has to be huge. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: July 02, 2010, 01:00:52 AM »

I believe this is James Moulton's myspace.  His myspace nickname bothers me a bit:

http://www.myspace.com/pyrojlm

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #518 on: July 02, 2010, 01:02:35 AM »

Personally, I'm not getting the bad vibe about Kaine the way you guys are.  I find it very hard to believe that a judge would give Kaine full temporary custody of the kids if he was suspected of harming or hiding Kyron.  Makes no sense at all to me.

I completely agree with you on the father Klaas.  LE would not put an 18 month old in his care if they thought he was involved or capable of the disappearance of Kyron.

Probably not my place to jump in as I have been lurking here since the beginning due to what's going on where I live, BUT OJ kept his kids and so did OJ.

All that being stated, I haven't seen enough of SM to make a call, but the dad is "weird" IMO and the fact he kicked the 2 largest papers out of the "press conference" and refused to give a searcher an article of clothing etc with Kyron's scent is unbelievable to me. I'd want as many people out there as possible and as much media atttn as possible!
Hey Island!! I agree Dad is an odd bird and I am not too sure what to make of him yet. Why not give something of Kyron's unless LE is telling him not to. If it was any of us, we would be saying "hell yeah, please find my son". You would use any available resource, period.

OT: I so miss my beach!! We want to go to Orange Beach or Destin and we are so heart broken that we can't. I know it is really hard for you since you are right in the middle of it. I am sure you are as devastated as we are that our beautiful beaches and the sea life have been destroyed. I hope you are doing well and keeping strong. Good to see you again! <huggs> Smile

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: July 02, 2010, 01:06:24 AM »

Rob-
If you are still here, the NG transcript is out now:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/01/ng.01.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.