April 25, 2024, 09:54:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 474322 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: July 02, 2010, 05:41:19 PM »

Sheriff: Horman investigation not stalled, 2,877 leads
by KGW.com Staff
Posted on June 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM
Updated today at 2:30 PM
PORTLAND -- Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said Friday that the Kyron Horman investigation was in no way stalled, and that 20 detectives from his office and other agencies including the FBI were on the case 24/7.

Investigators were operating under the premise that Kyron is still alive.

There have been 2,877 valid leads and about 60 percent of them have been covered. Each lead takes detectives in a new direction, making it difficult to pursue the remaining leads faster, he said.

"Everyone is a person of interest," Staton said in response to questions about any specific individuals.

Staton added that there were no "serial patterns" that indicated a threat to the community.

He could not coment on the report Terri Horman lied to investigators and said to his knowledge, she had been cooperative.

Staton called the investigation "unique," in the fact that it involved interviews from so many children, parents and school staff.

More at: http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #741 on: July 02, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »

If it's true that Kaine also went to the gym - accompanying Terri - while his son was missing, how come no one is freaked out over that?

Well Rob that is a question I myself asked and couldn't really get an answer. She has been targeted from the very beginning. I read a comment I think on Blinks site that said, as soon as I heard she was the step mother I knew she was guilty, evidence or an arrest or a trial by jury be damned I suppose.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: July 02, 2010, 05:42:33 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/sheriff_kyron_horman_search_at.html

Sheriff: Kyron Horman search at $300,000 with little to show

Read the rest at the link above

Thanks Klaas.

Janet

This press conference did not answer any of the reporter's questions ... questions that we all have been asking on the forum ... other than confirm Kyron and Terri were present at the school on the morning of  June 4, 2010.  So much for believing that stuff was going on behind the scenes to bring this investigation to some sort of a conclusion.

Janet

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: July 02, 2010, 05:43:36 PM »

Cell towers ping within an approximate 5 mile radius of the tower.  It captures the day and time.  LE are about to track person's travel thru the towers that are pinged.  Some towers overlap but most do not.  If you have the phone turned off the tower will not pick up the ping.  GPS is a whole different thing.  Anyone seen a phone of Terri on her cell to see what type it is?

It is a little easier to understand when the pings are marked on a map with time/date.
Thanks KittyMom.  And yeah ... we couldn't be lucky enough that she'd have an iPhone huh?!  Smile

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #744 on: July 02, 2010, 05:43:45 PM »

I'm just speculating, but I think Kaine's job at Intel is driving some of the bad publicity Terri is getting. Word probably got around that he was at the gym with Terri while his son was missing and he cut ties to her. This guy looks like he is all about perception and how others view him.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #745 on: July 02, 2010, 05:44:45 PM »

http://www.celltowerinfo.com/picts/Cell%20Tower%20Location%20Map-%20Oregon.jpg

Here's the map for Oregon cell towers.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: July 02, 2010, 05:48:39 PM »

I have no link, heard it on TV.  There is a LE Press Conference at 2:00 and the Restraining Order hearing at 2:30, Pacific Coast Time.

Thanks no rose.

According to hubby who is watching the news while eating his lunch ... CNN just reported that there is confirmation to the rumors that Terri Horman's cell phone records do not match with her statement to law enformcement in regards to her activiies/whereabouts on the day that Kryon went missing.

I think stuff has been happening behind the scenes and are finally being publicly revealed.

Janet
12:40 PM PT

I think so also.  One thing that I'm not grasping  lol  is the phone pings, since Sauvie Island is so close to the school, why would this be so unusual? When posters were doing all that phone ping info on Caylee's case, I was completely lost.

I'm lost on that one too, because if I go to the beach in CT my cell pings in RI 
I'll third that.  I thought it worked like ... if my cell pings off the closest tower to me and it happens to be full ... then it goes to the next tower.  But no idea what the radius is ... If I weren't so lazy I'd go look it up ... but IMO Sauvie is too close to the school for me to give the ping story any credence.   

I have to agree with this as my husband and I have both experienced our cell phones pinging in other cities as far as 15 miles away when we use our phone right here in our own house.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: July 02, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »

Something about the independant searcher had been bothering me and I think I might know what it is now.
I read on his site that he is a "For Profit" VS being a non-profit.
I do not believe that he intentionally set out to paint negatively towrds Kyron's Parents, however, it seems very possible that he might be asking the family for $$ that they do not have.
This is just a guess of mine.

I am all for the searches. It's been a long month into this investigation and from what I read (since I did not get to watch today's live interview.) This has proven to be a very costly investigation.

I noticed that members of IS donated balloons and such to Kyron's Wall of Hope.

What if, we were to start a funding campaign to help cover the cost of the independant searchers fees?
Why can't the general public as a whole hire him for his services?
I got $20.00 to start off with.

(If this is not allowed Klaas then please accept my apology and delete but I am serious about this.)

The problem is making sure the money gets to the right people.  Donations like this need to be set up by either LE or someone trusted locally and a bank account set up.  It's not something we want to do here on the internet.  Too many questions could be asked.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:52:57 PM by klaasend » Logged

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: July 02, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »

I still believe that whatever happened to Kyron, it happened because of Terri or Terri is involved.  May have been out of spite and maybe Kaine is controlling but I don't think he has anything to do with Kyron missing. 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #749 on: July 02, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »

And I'll have to go back to listen when it's posted ... but when he was talking about most of the info is going to come from the family ... blah blah blah ... a reporter asked something that I didn't quite catch ... and he said "No" pretty emphatically.  Inquiring minds want to know what that question was.  Did anyone else catch it?
I missed the presser because I was on the phone, but did see this.     
How Houze changes the dynamics of the investigation- Now LE needs warrants or permission from TH to have access to property or speak to her.

How is Terri a part of this investigation? "Terri Horman is a member of the family."

Said he has not been made aware from his investigators about Terri's cooperation in this investigation. So far she has and still is cooperating, to his knowledge.

I wonder if he's scratchin' his noggin wondering why she got and attorney and now they have to go through the attorney... hmmm... how did that happen?

+++

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: July 02, 2010, 05:52:17 PM »

I still believe that whatever happened to Kyron, it happened because of Terri or Terri is involved.  May have been out of spite and maybe Kaine is controlling but I don't think he has anything to do with Kyron missing. 

I agree.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #751 on: July 02, 2010, 05:53:34 PM »

HI Blonde, just wanted to let you know your links do not work or lead to something not relevant to the storyline.
Kyron Horman's family plans regular media sessions to keep missing son's case in public eye

Friday, July 02, 2010, 11:18 AM
Updated: Friday, July 02, 2010, 11:37 AM

Kyron Horman's parents say they'll plan regular question-and-answer sessions and meet with reporters to keep their missing son's story in the public eye as the investigation into his disappearance passes the four-week mark.

They'll next answer written questions submitted to them via e-mail on Tuesday and then do interviews Thursday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...plans_reg.html
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #752 on: July 02, 2010, 05:54:09 PM »

Kyron Horman's family plans regular media sessions to keep missing son's case in public eye

Friday, July 02, 2010, 11:18 AM
Updated: Friday, July 02, 2010, 11:37 AM

Kyron Horman's parents say they'll plan regular question-and-answer sessions and meet with reporters to keep their missing son's story in the public eye as the investigation into his disappearance passes the four-week mark.

They'll next answer written questions submitted to them via e-mail on Tuesday and then do interviews Thursday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...plans_reg.html
In my opinion I see no need for this. Answer written questions submitted to them via e-mail, and interviews on Thursdays. What more can they add without interfering with the investigation?

I agree no rose.  Kaine is attempting to control the focus of the investigation and assuring that focus is not on him.  I only hope that law enforcement are more forthcoming with the happenings encompassing the disappearance of Kyron.  IMO

Janet

Very controlling man, bothersome to me. Terri looks so fragile, don't know mentally how this is helping her?
NoRose, remember I said this way back of Kaine, that I thought he was a control freak ... somethings are instinctive .. not tooting my own horn NOT. 
The display of Kaine and Desiree yesterday to me was Uck. The plea for Kyron "made by Desiree" .. stated to Terri out to the media. UCK with Kaine standing behind her. Why did he have to Stand Behind her and put additional pressure on her. Why did he not SIT Next to HER? Why weren't the men on each side of Desiree. ?? Strange.
I see two women who have shared ONE man and are both " tied to him" in one way or another emotionally, mentally. They KNOW him. We do not. To put Desiree up to the microphone and that she was clearly showing " high stress" to the point she could barely focus on what she was reading. (( which is another point)). That she is so broken, for Kaine to pick Desiree over him self to state that comment " We Implore" Terri to respond... sorta made me want to puke. Because KAINE lived with Terri and shared his life with Terri up until wks ago. Not Desiree.
His words would be of much more impact to Terri, than from Desiree.
Being that he has Kitty in his custody. Terri would hang on every word from Kaine's mouth. Terri knows how Desiree feels. She has lost all of her children in less than 30days.  I don't understand how Kaine is being directed by LE. Or is choosing to direct himself within all of this of late. He has all of everything locked up against Terri. He has taken her baby, he has filed the restraining order. He has all the upper hand in all accounts. So what should Terri do? But be Defensive.. What would anyone do ? The fact that she is not speaking up for herself and never has is just another twist in all of this. The Why is ? of no one's knowledge on the outside. I am sure that LE and the Trio of pointing fingers do know and understand why. Why Terri is not speaking.
The issue of Desiree made spokesman and to read what was clearly written as a blanket statement. From LE or an Atty - I found it Sad that Kaine was not Man enough to take that place. That he put Desiree up over him. Yet Kaine wrote all the rules on what was to be, who was to hear, what was to be discussed. Controlled the entire press conference before/during/after. Especially when he has chosen this time to file everything but the kitchen sink against Terri. That has nothing to do with Kyron Directly - other than what has been " rumored". Terri is not arrested for Kyron.
( if she is soon than it will be). 
If Kaine knows something that is imperative to his son being missing, I would think that he would allow and or LE would release something at this time ..that they do have evidence enough to arrest Terri. 
And to add the Cell Pings .. has it not been proven that if your in a area has too many towers and or lacking towers ..that a cell phone can grab at any available tower and shoot over to the next .. for available service? I don't know. I do know this though. I have in my city many cell towers, yet when I had a certain provider Cingular/At&t ( I know that contractors in my house would never receive incoming calls as they worked in my house too - SPRINT phones) ..the only way I could get my cell phone to work was stand in the middle of my street, with one leg up. ( Not kidding) and then in my city the chances of my phone working while driving was occasional. I found it odd that I saw so many of my neighbors ( when I first moved into my house) standing on the sidewalk or in the street with their cell phones. I figured it out on my own soon enough.  That in my area has either an abundance of towers or not enough.  Until I chose a new provider Verizon .. my cell phone was not operational in my city limits. Or it lost all bars while driving around town..then to reup in bars ..once I drove out of certain areas.. I only share, I am not a techy by any means.
Praying for Kyron

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: July 02, 2010, 05:54:47 PM »

Thanks for the follow up on that Klaas. I wonder then if LE has a fund acct set up for something like this then or?
If not then what can we do?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #754 on: July 02, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »

If LE wanted to search the home or property, would they have to get a search warrant if Kaine's name is on the deed?  Couldn't he just give permission if he is listed on the property deed?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #755 on: July 02, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »

I haven't listened to the PC but it sounds like this was done at the request of Terri's new attorney. The main point seems to widen the scoop a bit and take some of the focus off Terri.

Janet I agree, if Terri did not tell where she was and did infact misrepresented the truth then that was very wrong of her.

I posted that perhaps Terri was saying she was out of the Portland area during a certain time of day but her cell phone pinged in the portland area. What do you all think of that? Could that be a possible explanation?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #756 on: July 02, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »

Ladies, may I ask you all a question?

If you removed Step from Terri familial dynamic - would you still view her the same way?

Would Tanner's story all of a sudden make more sense and be more believable? Would you than be more inclined to believe that Tanner is infact the last person to see Kyron? It's been reported several times. He gave an interview himself.

If Kyron were Terri's natural son would you be inclined to think an unknown pedophile, another parent, or a school staff member has possibly committed this crime?

I think that's a fair question.

+++

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: July 02, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »

So far, I am with you on this one, Klaas.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: July 02, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »

If I read correctly it was said that:
It's a unique type of investigation because 1- it involves a child, 2- it involves a school, and 3- it involves elected officials. *

The investigation involves elected officials? I am wondering how so exactly?

Any guesses?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #759 on: July 02, 2010, 06:01:20 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/sheriff_kyron_horman_search_at.html

Sheriff: Kyron Horman search at $300,000; no arrests, no missing boy

But as Kyron’s disappearance hits the four-week anniversary and costs mount for the cash-strapped county, Staton could not say whether an arrest or resolution is coming any time soon -- nor how long the office can afford to sustain the effort.

I can't believe that a reporter would focus on such a thing.  I know the economy is bad, but OMGosh!!!!  who would put a price on the cost of searching for a missing child???? 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.