March 28, 2024, 04:36:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 471316 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: June 29, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »

« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:11:34 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »

Scanner link for anyone interested:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=348
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 03:25:16 PM »

To light a candle for Kyron:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Kyron

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »

Thanks for the new thread, Klaas! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 03:27:58 PM »

And thanks to you as well, Nut!  lol ..  Great pic! 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »

I kept checking in 4 the lockdown. Klaas beat me to it lol.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »

Ok let me bring the artice that I am talking about to this thread.

Right who to believe and why in the hell lie in the first place? Either he was with this dad, at boyscout camp or was spending the weekend with mom. Tarver is saying he was there the day after Kyron went missing, by then the family was saying James was at boyscout camp. Perhaps Tarver didn't know James was at camp? But you would think that would come up in a conversation and at this point be cleared up. He is living with Tarver right? Tarver is making it sound like James is at the grandparents home, so which is correct? Ok something is going on here, do you agree?
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »

Wyks, et al...

Well... Only thing I'm coming up with is the link to Seamus O Riley, re the 'in parte' thing.. Is that the one you are referring to?  If not, plz give me another clue.  lol

I am not sure what the original inquiry was, but are you sure the term is "in parte" rather than "ex parte"? 

An ex parte hearing is one held with only one party (usually the plaintiff) present.  The defendent has not been served or advised that the hearing will be taking place.  This is usually the case when CPS goes in and takes possession of children.  They conduct an ex parte hearing before a judge presenting the pertinent facts/reasons for taking the children, and if the judge agrees he will issue the orders allowing CPS to take the children. 

Generally in order for a hearing to be legal, both parties must have been given notice; an ex parte hearing is an exception to the rule.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »

Irreconcilable
The Kyron Horman case: An interview with Terri Moulton Horman’s first ex-husband
BY JAMES PITKIN | jpitkin at wweek dot com
[June 30th, 2010]

ROSEBURG — Ron Tarver hesitates when asked whether his ex-wife, Terri Moulton Horman, could be behind the disappearance of her stepson, Kyron Horman.

Tarver says she cheated on him during their four-year marriage. Then she left him in 1995. But responsible for what happened to a 7-year-old boy?

“I don’t know [what she’s capable of doing],” says Tarver, standing with his current wife, Angela Rockwood, outside their house in this Southern Oregon town of 21,000 people.

“We’re not blind. Obviously they’re zeroing in on Terri,” Tarver says. “I just have a hard time believing anyone would be capable of doing that.”

Tarver does know one thing for sure: Cops were homing in on Terri Moulton Horman within days of Kyron’s disappearance. As first reported June 17 on wweek.com, law-enforcement sources say the investigation has increasingly focused on Kyron’s stepmom.

In the latest developments, Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman, filed for divorce from Terri Moulton Horman on June 28, citing irreconcilable differences. He also took out a restraining order against her under the Family Abuse Prevention Act. A judge has sealed that request.

Tarver, who is 41, has followed the story from 200 miles away in Roseburg, tied to the unfolding drama by his marriage to Terri Moulton 19 years ago.

They were married in 1991, when Tarver was 22 and she was 21.

But the marriage fizzled, Tarver says, after Moulton began cheating on him and the restaurant they owned together failed.

Moulton kept custody of James, and Tarver saw the boy regularly on weekends—but recently, James left his mother’s home to live with his maternal grandparents in Roseburg.

Until then James had been living with his mother and Kaine Horman off Cornelius Pass Road in unincorporated Multnomah County. Also sharing the house was Kyron, who is Kaine Horman’s son from his first marriage, and Kiara, the couple’s 18-month-old daughter.

After Kyron vanished, the reasons why James left his home and friends in Portland to move to Southern Oregon have been the subject of intense speculation. Terri Moulton Horman declined to comment when WW visited her home June 23.

James was a student at Lincoln High School in Portland, where he was on the swim team and played trumpet in the school band. Tarver says Terri Moulton Horman sent the boy to Roseburg in March this year because his grades were slipping and he was acting out at home.

“He and Kaine on occasion butted heads, because James is hard-headed,” Tarver says.

Trouble hit home again when Kyron disappeared. The day after Kyron vanished, Tarver says, James went to the Hormans’ house for a previously planned weeklong visit.

Tarver says on June 8, four days after Kyron disappeared, James called him from the Hormans’ house and mentioned Terri Moulton Horman had taken a polygraph test. It’s been reported that she has since taken a second polygraph. What hasn’t been publicly confirmed until now is that authorities were already focusing on her so soon after Kyron vanished.

Tarver says when James mentioned the polygraph to him over the phone, he heard Terri Moulton Horman begin yelling in the background to be quiet and not reveal anything more. Given the intense media scrutiny, the family agreed James should return to Roseburg, Tarver says.  “It was a zoo, so we got him out of there,” Tarver says. “It’s just been devastating for the whole family. Obviously, the longer it drags on, the less chance there is for a happy ending.”

http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

Ok so I seem to recall and have in my notes that James was said to be at boyscout camp with his dad. Tarver is saying he was at a preplanned weekend with his mom. Which is it and why the different stories? Where was James exactly, should be only one answer.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »

Right who to believe and why in the hell lie in the first place? Either he was with this dad, at boyscout camp or was spending the weekend with mom. Tarver is saying he was there the day after Kyron went missing, by then the family was saying James was at boyscout camp. Perhaps Tarver didn't know James was at camp? But you would think that would come up in a conversation and at this point be cleared up. He is living with Tarver right? Tarver is making it sound like James is at the grandparents home, so which is correct? Ok something is going on here, do you agree?
I agree, and am I wrong?  Wasn't it the grandma, Terri's mother who said James was at the boyscout camp with his dad?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 03:38:38 PM »

I am going to look for the article that said it. It was a whole story about how hard it was going to be to tell him kyron was missing. And how is he living with now? Didn't we just recently hear he is with his bio dad? Which on is his bio dad again? Mr Tarver is saying he is living with his grandparents. where is James?
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 03:40:16 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Motion-filed-to-unseal-restraining-order/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Motion to unseal Kaine Horman restraining order against Terri Moulton Horman (349.6KB)
   Motion to unseal Kaine Horman restraining order (157.7KB)

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »

I agree, and am I wrong?  Wasn't it the grandma, Terri's mother who said James was at the boyscout camp with his dad?

So James went on June 5 for a pre-planned visit. (The day after Kyron went missing.)

Why would that preclude him from being on a camping trip prior to that?

Am I missing something?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 03:42:57 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Motion-filed-to-unseal-restraining-order/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Motion to unseal Kaine Horman restraining order against Terri Moulton Horman (349.6KB)

OS

Thanks, OS.

I hope they remain sealed. In this case. For now.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 03:46:08 PM »

OS

Thanks, OS.

I hope they remain sealed. In this case. For now.

Hi Brandi

YW, don't know how it would help find Kyron, so I agree.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »

So James went on June 5 for a pre-planned visit. (The day after Kyron went missing.)

Am I missing something?

Brandi I think it is the timing of it. My notes and obviouly I could have mis- read something, but my notes have him at boyscout camp with his bio dad when Kyron was reported missing and he was there that whole weekend. Perhaps Tarver has been mistakened this whole time as to where his son was, I am just trying to clear it up.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »

But an accompanying restraining order indicates that husbandKaine Horman considers his wife a possible threat to their 18-month old daughter.

The restraining order prohibits Terri Horman from having contact with her other children, an older son and an 18-month-old daughter. Kaine Horman is asking Oregon courts for sole custody of the little girl.

The restraining order has been sealed by a judge who said he was concerned that releasing the entire document could jeopardize the investigation into the disappearance of Kyron.

The order also prohibits Terri Horman from possessing any guns, according to The Associated Press.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-horman-family-crumbles-amid-explosive-court-documents/story?id=11050953
--------------------------------------------------------

Apparently Terri Horman cannot even speak to her 16 year old son either. This must be very rough for all of them.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 04:00:03 PM »

Afternnon all. And thanks for bringing over the Tarver article. So Terri did cheat on her first husband according to him. Well, people are human and I'm not surprised. It happens.

I think I could see this case going either way - Terri did it / Terri didn't. Still on the fence. Cheating and a DUI doesn't translate to killing a lil boy. It does show her character and the DUI could have been a mistake. Lowering the blood alcohol level to .08 where I live has made a easier to get a DUI. I'm not excusing it - people get killed afterall. However, it does stop a person from having a second glass of champagne at a wedding. Habitual drunken drivers don't care what the blood alcohol level is - it's disregarded and they often have a .25 to a .35. They just don't care. These folks sometimes rack up 4-5-6-7 DUIs before they kill someone - and then it can happen on the first DUI. The point is - one DUI CAN be a mistake. 4-5-6-7 are no mistake.

As for Terri, I hope she gets an attorney. I'm big on constitutional rights also. They are given from God and I can't help but feel that some of her rights were denied due process.

As for a motive, I can't think of one. And how would a middle aged woman that has raised this lil boy kill him. I can't think with a handgun, or a knife - it's just too brutal. She would have to be so detached and deranged to do something like that. I don't know Terri, but I have seen her on video and she appears mousie. To plan and execute this school house abduction would prove sanity, and I am having a hard time thinking she could be so cold blooded to kill a lil boy she treated as her own son.

About her own son. Well, if it were my wife or my child - I would pick my child. I'm saying that if this was a second marriage. I know not everyone thinks or feels the same and Terri didn't have a job or a home of her own and that may have gone into her thought process. I would have moved back home with my parents if that was an option. I would not ask my son or daughter to leave, but that's just me.

I guess no matter what happened before this all happened - meaning her life - I still have a hard time thinking she planned and executed a diabolical abduction scheme to kill her step-son. I know there are the Melissa Huckabys of the world - but this is different in my opinion. This is a child she helped raise - what could possibly be her motive other than striking out in anger at Kaine? Kyron can not be the target of her anger if this is indeed what has occurred. Get evenism is all I can fathom. I don't think you need a huge diabolical abduction scheme to get even.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 04:00:06 PM »

Am I missing something?

im sure a lot of the earlier statements by family, look like half truths/and or
they just mis stated info. Kyron is missing less than 24hrs, they are frantic not
thinking clearly, weve seen that happen a lot of times

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »

with the server experiencing high traffic some posts get lost.

Here's what I do. Copy before hitting post.

You simply right click your highlighted area and hit copy. I know most of us know that, but new folks join here all the time and are not as computer savvy.

The other trick - if you have forgotten that first step - is to hit your back button on your browser. You post will be there. Highlight and copy and hit back again.

That will take you back to the page where you started your post. Hit refresh or F5 and make sure that the server is operational and you are connected.

Hit the post button again and paste your original post in the box and hit post.

I know it's frustrating when you make a long post and it fails to go through and you think you have lost all your time and thoughts. It can easily be remedied.

Hope this helps.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.