May 01, 2024, 05:23:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #2 6/30/10 - 7/5/10  (Read 475218 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #600 on: July 02, 2010, 10:43:09 AM »

Doesn't this put Tanner as the last one to see him then?

that was my exact point the other day. This is AFTER Terri. This also adds that Tanner saw Terri leave.

I also made the point that the police seemingly have discounted this account. No idea why, but it appears that way.

* sigh *

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #601 on: July 02, 2010, 10:43:33 AM »

Doesn't this put Tanner as the last one to see him then?
It sure seems that way. But what I'm reading is that Terri was the last to see Kyron. Maybe because of the age of Tanner, and maybe they think he has his facts mixed up, that is why they are saying that. Seems that Tanner is a very smart little boy though, and he seems rather confident with what he saw and heard.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #602 on: July 02, 2010, 10:44:51 AM »

Blonde - thank you for the screen caps. Alot of info there and it does change somethings in my mind.

Thanks again. ( smiles )

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: July 02, 2010, 10:47:32 AM »

How can these teachers know a kid is not accounted for, and then not follow up? That's a big mistake to make. There doesn't need to be system in place for that, that is just common sense! A kid is thought to have gone to the bathroom and no one realizes he never came back? I just think that is pretty bad if that is the way it really happened. I am inclined to believe the classmate. It's not as if he has a reason to lie. On the same token, I'm not saying that I think the teachers are involved in his disappearance. I just can't believe no one notices him not coming back to class after it's acknowledged he wasn't where he was supposed to be. A kid who is supposed to be in your care isn't there and someone else says "oh he's in the bathroom, or he's at....?", shouldn't the teacher follow up? Especially when he never returns! We're talking two teachers too, the sub & regular teacher both know he's not there at some point and don't notice he never returned? This whole case makes my head spin!! So much inconsistencies, and most of everything makes no sense. Not much adds up!! Does anything add up in this case?? Ugghhh!!

I am a teacher, and I would have been concerned knowing that he was there earlier.  That being said, there are several things about this school and its procedures that have concerned me.

1.  The lack of a sign in process for visitors.

2.  The absence of cameras on the premise.

3.  The failure of the school to call the home of ANY student who is absent and the parent has not called in to report their child ill or at home.

I live in a very rural area and our school has or does all of the above.  Schools can't be so naive as to think that a child predator would never target them. 
So as a teacher, I'm sure if one of your students didn't come back to the classroom, after the teacher thought he perhaps went for a drink or to the bathroom, you would have become concerned and went to the principal I'm sure. That is what most people would do, and I just don't get this.

Absolutely -- I would go looking for them.  I would also attempt to track them down if I, or other students, had seen them earlier in the day and they did not show up in class.

Bear in mind, I teach high school, so my motivation for looking for a student might differ slightly from an elementary teacher.  My students tend to go missing on their own volition, but nonetheless, I feel responsible for finding out where they are just in case they were taken and not just awol. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: July 02, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »

June 23rd Blink post:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/23/new-clues-in-kyron-horman-search-fact-or-fiction-you-decide/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: July 02, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »

Thanks    and thanks Flutter1
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52:10 AM »

It sure seems that way. But what I'm reading is that Terri was the last to see Kyron. Maybe because of the age of Tanner, and maybe they think he has his facts mixed up, that is why they are saying that. Seems that Tanner is a very smart little boy though, and he seems rather confident with what he saw and heard.
That's what I think too. He seems to know what he saw. Why they are discounting him though I don't know? I'm not saying LE is not doing a good job because of course there is a lot we don't know, but it seems that way sometimes. I mean I don't believe LE would knowingly ignore a possible abductor in the area, yet they are definitely only focusing on the SM. There has to be a good reason. It's just so rediculous how everything we know does not add up at all. It's like having the pieces to ten different (but similar) puzzles at once and trying to put them together.

RIP Sweet Puppy
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: July 02, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »

This investigation is being conducted in a very odd manner.  I have to wonder why,

Still wonder how much the custodian, the one with all the keys to every room, has been checked out. 

I am also wondering what the weather is like in that area now.  Is it possible to stay alive outside somewhere all of this time?

Agree, Rob.  They should check the entire building again with cadaver dogs because of the progressive nature of decomp.  Would be easier now.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: July 02, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »

That's what I think too. He seems to know what he saw. Why they are discounting him though I don't know? I'm not saying LE is not doing a good job because of course there is a lot we don't know, but it seems that way sometimes. I mean I don't believe LE would knowingly ignore a possible abductor in the area, yet they are definitely only focusing on the SM. There has to be a good reason. It's just so rediculous how everything we know does not add up at all. It's like having the pieces to ten different (but similar) puzzles at once and trying to put them together.
I don't know, unless after speaking to him the police weren't believing what he saw and heard, and that he was confused, could be, just don't know. Maybe after talking to other in the school that day it wasn't adding up.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: July 02, 2010, 10:57:06 AM »

This investigation is being conducted in a very odd manner.  I have to wonder why,

Still wonder how much the custodian, the one with all the keys to every room, has been checked out. 

I am also wondering what the weather is like in that area now.  Is it possible to stay alive outside somewhere all of this time?

Agree, Rob.  They should check the entire building again with cadaver dogs because of the progressive nature of decomp.  Would be easier now.
Yeah, how can someone enter a building and be seen, but not by seen by just one person leaving? Well, there are the two teachers who said they saw him leave with SM. Another story seemingly discounted by LE, or maybe not??

RIP Sweet Puppy
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #610 on: July 02, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: July 02, 2010, 11:00:54 AM »

<snipped>
I don't know, unless after speaking to him the police weren't believing what he saw and heard, and that he was confused, could be, just don't know. Maybe after talking to other in the school that day it wasn't adding up.
You could be right NoRose. We only have to go on what is reported in the media. What is known officially from LE anyway?

RIP Sweet Puppy
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #612 on: July 02, 2010, 11:02:13 AM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: July 02, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »

<snipped>
You could be right NoRose. We only have to go on what is reported in the media. What is known officially from LE anyway?
I haven't seen much in print, I just hope LE has a lot of info.    Thanks Blonde for the pictures, it almost looked like the last day of school they had a little party going on in the school yard.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #614 on: July 02, 2010, 11:20:02 AM »

I have to agree with you all. Something has made LE discount Tanners account of that morning. The million dollar question is what? There are several witnesses that claim they saw Kyron and the stepmom sometime between 8:15 and 8:45.
There is something about a witness claiming they saw Kyron near the South entrance door around 9:00  a.m. Why would he be standing near the door?
The answer that pops in my head is he is waiting for someone. Someone said wait here, I will be right back or I have something to show you. I believe this is the timeframe that he went missing. So in theory Terri was not the last person to see Kyron that a.m. , If these accounts are accurate.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: July 02, 2010, 11:22:14 AM »

I have to agree with you all. Something has made LE discount Tanners account of that morning. The million dollar question is what? There are several witnesses that claim they saw Kyron and the stepmom sometime between 8:15 and 8:45.
There is something about a witness claiming they saw Kyron near the South entrance door around 9:00  a.m. Why would he be standing near the door?
The answer that pops in my head is he is waiting for someone. Someone said wait here, I will be right back or I have something to show you. I believe this is the timeframe that he went missing. So in theory Terri was not the last person to see Kyron that a.m. , If these accounts are accurate.
That could very well be, he was told to wait at that entrance door.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: July 02, 2010, 11:32:35 AM »

I reread Blink's blog that Klaasend just reposted for June 23.  If you read the entire page it says in there that there was NO TEACHER HELPER on the Friday he went missing.  The classroom helper was there Mon-Thurs that week ..not Friday.

This puts what Tanner says in a different light..he confused some facts..and admitted he didn't know Kyron was missing until his father saw it on the news that evening.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: July 02, 2010, 11:34:08 AM »

How can these teachers know a kid is not accounted for, and then not follow up? That's a big mistake to make. There doesn't need to be system in place for that, that is just common sense! A kid is thought to have gone to the bathroom and no one realizes he never came back? I just think that is pretty bad if that is the way it really happened. I am inclined to believe the classmate. It's not as if he has a reason to lie. On the same token, I'm not saying that I think the teachers are involved in his disappearance. I just can't believe no one notices him not coming back to class after it's acknowledged he wasn't where he was supposed to be. A kid who is supposed to be in your care isn't there and someone else says "oh he's in the bathroom, or he's at....?", shouldn't the teacher follow up? Especially when he never returns! We're talking two teachers too, the sub & regular teacher both know he's not there at some point and don't notice he never returned? This whole case makes my head spin!! So much inconsistencies, and most of everything makes no sense. Not much adds up!! Does anything add up in this case?? Ugghhh!!

I am a teacher, and I would have been concerned knowing that he was there earlier.  That being said, there are several things about this school and its procedures that have concerned me.

1.  The lack of a sign in process for visitors.

2.  The absence of cameras on the premise.

3.  The failure of the school to call the home of ANY student who is absent and the parent has not called in to report their child ill or at home.

I live in a very rural area and our school has or does all of the above.  Schools can't be so naive as to think that a child predator would never target them. 

My kids' education as well as my grandkids' education have been affiliated with the private school system.  My youngest son and DIL are teachers in the public school system.  Although security cameras have yet to be an issue ... and required visitor passess are often not enforced ... a consistent procedure has been in place throughout the years within both systems.

1.  Parents/caregivers of absentee students are required to contact school.

2.  The taking of attendance is the first criteria of teachers each day.

3.  The administration office is informed by classroom teacher of all absentee students.

4.  Any absentee student whose parent/caregiver has not contacted the school is flagged and ... the person documented on the student's profile is then  contacted.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: July 02, 2010, 11:35:12 AM »

I reread Blink's blog that Klaasend just reposted for June 23.  If you read the entire page it says in there that there was NO TEACHER HELPER on the Friday he went missing.  The classroom helper was there Mon-Thurs that week ..not Friday.

This puts what Tanner says in a different light..he confused some facts..and admitted he didn't know Kyron was missing until his father saw it on the news that evening.
Thank-you. What I don't understand then is Kyron's coat and backpack was on his desk, right? Did the teacher just think he forgot it?
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: July 02, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »

Could it be that SM was having an affair with Tanner's father?

Could it be that SM took Kyron with her to the father's houseboat..and he drowned?

Could she be afraid to admit that?

Or did she take him to the houseboat and he wandered off..and she couldn't admit that without admitting the affair?

Just thinking outloud here...and why would the Granmother have the boy talk to the press after LE asked her not to..to cover someone else's alabi perhaps?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.