March 18, 2024, 11:16:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken of the Sea White Tuna Recall  (Read 1815 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« on: July 03, 2010, 07:02:59 PM »

http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/recalls/recall19846.htm

Tri-Union Seafoods Issues Precautionary, Voluntary Recall of Limited 12-Ounce Solid White Tuna in Water

Tri-Union Seafoods LLC is issuing a precautionary, voluntary recall of a limited amount of Chicken of the Sea brand 12-ounce solid white tuna in water. Due to a production error, the product does not meet the company's standards for seal tightness. Loose seals, or seams, could result in product contamination by spoilage organisms or by pathogens and lead to illness if consumed. There have been no reported illnesses.

(( I think they are all trying to kill us .... GAWD)) if its not the actual edibles its the packaging .......

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – June 30, 2010 – San Diego – Tri-Union Seafoods LLC is issuing a precautionary, voluntary recall of a limited amount of Chicken of the Sea brand 12-ounce solid white tuna in water.

Due to a production error, the product does not meet the company's standards for seal tightness, and the company is conducting the precautionary, voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution to ensure public health, said Shue Wing Chan, president, Tri-Union Seafoods.

There have been no reported illnesses. Loose seals, or seams, could result in product contamination by spoilage organisms or by pathogens and lead to illness if consumed.

Tri-Union Seafoods' trace-back measures determined distribution of the product at retail was limited to 1,105 total cases in the states of Wisconsin, Nebraska, Utah, Pennsylvania, New York, Maine, Colorado, Indiana, California and Oregon. The Chicken of the Sea brand 12-ounce solid white tuna in water was distributed in February and May. Consumers who purchased the product with the UPC code 4800000262, "Best By Date 2/10/2014" and product code 7OA1E ASWAB, 7OA2E ASWAB, 7OA3E ASWAB, 7OA4E ASWAB, 7OA5E ASWAB, 7OAEE ASWAB or 7OAFE ASWAB are asked to call 1-877-843-6376 for return information and a full refund. The UPC code (also known as bar code) is found on the side of the can and the best by date and product code are imprinted on the bottom of the can. No other codes of solid white tuna in water or any other Chicken of the Sea products are affected by this voluntary recall.

"The health and safety of our customers and consumers is paramount. As soon as we discovered this production error, we took immediate steps in issuing this precautionary, voluntary recall, and alerting the appropriate regulatory authorities," said Chan. "We have notified all of our customers who have received the product and asked them to remove it from their shelves. Our immediate actions in this recall include re-evaluating our systems to ensure this error does not happen again."

Consumers looking for additional information can call 1-877-843-6376 24 hours per day, seven days per week.

More information is available if you go to the link above - on ALL Recalls of food, health/beauty/autos/childrens products...

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 07:11:05 PM »

I agree Deenie....we are all doomed. Doomed, I tell ya.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 05:27:06 AM »

I agree Deenie....we are all doomed. Doomed, I tell ya.
Nut have you ever watched the documentary " Food Inc.". 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QqQVll-MP3I&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/QqQVll-MP3I&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0</a>

I went and watched it a local independent theater - Not owned by a corporation.
PUT the truth into my head of what I knew speculatively ..  I have watched within the food industry change " the most" within my age of 40's.. I remember when FOOD tasted Good. It no longer tastes the same. I don't think I am " unique" in my taste buds.

Nut I went and did a test on my own. I bought a Granny Smith apple from my local independent grocery. I bought it in Feb of 2010. I kept it for months and I watched it. Guess what? It never changed.  I took it out of my fridge just weeks ago which would be June of 2010.
The apple never wilted as in the outer skin. It had nothing showing that it was deteriorating. It looked so perfect ..as if it were picked from the tree fresh.
I cut it open and I saw something that was nothing I had paid attention to before.
NO SEEDS within the Apple.  Not only no seeds but there was no core within the center of the apple.
That white hard core that is normally within an apple. Its almost heart shaped. Was not inside the apple.
I didn't eat the apple. I used it to bait the chipmunk that was inside my house. My Cat brought me a gift and dropped it .. and it was a live Chippy. He was huddling within a wall of my house. I used the apple to bait him into a water pitcher that covered the tiny hole ..he used to get up inside the wall.
He ate the flesh of the apple, and left the peel. I almost felt bad offering it to him/her. That I was poisoning him/her. After finding this apple not to be real in the first place. We wonder about what goes into Can goods, We wonder what comes in boxes .. Yet we can see for ourselves inside an Apple that its not what its supposed to be. From what we know.
I don't know Nut, I think that we all need to consider the sources of where our food comes from.  Its not about Food any longer. Its about profit. Profit of the corps who supply/create Food. The pharms that make the drugs to repair us from eating the FOOD ..that is created by the Corps. Its a sick cycle that is bigger than us in today's age.  The majority of all foods are owned by Monsanto. If anyone wants to look up Monsanto - Go for it. Learn something. Learn and Understand what Monsanto Stands for.  They created Agent Orange and were designed as a company to rid " life" not to " sustain" life. Yet Monsanto holds almost all rights to all our foods being created today. Genetically Modified Organisms + Corporate Generated Food substances. Lab created " food". NOT from the earth. But made in a VAT for production. For profit.
Control the Food and Control the People - But we can say NO. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mFXTEy13gIs&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mFXTEy13gIs&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1?rel=0</a>
  Knowledge is Power

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.