April 28, 2024, 11:59:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #4 7/8/10 - 7/11/10  (Read 222659 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98146889.html

Terri Horman refuses to answer reporter’s questions

by Dan Tilkin KATU News

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/local/98146889.html

KATU News reporter Dan Tilkin attempted to ask Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Horman, on Friday about her polygraph tests and if she knows where Kyron is. Terri refused to answer questions.

Her husband, Kaine has accused her in a murder-for-hire plot. He and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young revealed on Thursday Terri failed two lie detector tests.

They both said they believe Terri Horman knows something about Kyron's disappearance, and they say she's not cooperating with investigators.

KATU News has tried phone calls and e-mails with no success and on Friday Tilkin attempted to speak to her in a parking garage in an attempt to get her side of the story.

To watch Tilkin’s attempt to ask Terri questions, please click on the above video tab.

VIDEO:

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #281 on: July 09, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »

Deenie - Polygraphs are not the unbeatable and not a true judgment on someone guilt or innocence. Some lunatic from Aruba took two of them in Houston and according to Tim Miller passed them both. We know he was lying.

They are a tool - inadmissible in court. What they can do is allow LE to look in other directions if they feel the person was truthful and honest. Of course, some test results can depend on the polygrapher, the questions asked, what order the questions are asked, and the type of test itself.

One of the cases we have been following had the test subject score a minus 11. That's called an epic fail. There are degrees of failure. And of course there is "inconclusive".

I have never heard of a law enforcement agency telling the husband and the ex-wife that the current wife has failed. They just don't share that info. They use it to further the investigation. Then again, you never know with this police department and what has happened to date - but I seriously doubt it happened as described.
Thank-you, that is what I've been trying to get answered, that the police dept doesn't usually share that info with someone, if Terri did fail the poly.

let's say this - the police can tell Kaine and Desiree that she didn't pass. It doesn't have to be the truth. They can lie to further the investigation.

They could have also told them she passed if they thought that might generate something of interest.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: July 09, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »

Local tv stations in Portland, KATU and KPTV were there when Terri and a friend were out somewhere today in a parking lot. I couldn't get the video to work, but supposedly Terri didn't say anything, and the friend was shielding her. I haven't read who the friend was.

I just posted it.  Not a friend but an associate of the attorney. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: July 09, 2010, 08:28:34 PM »

More old posts:

Just checked stepmom's FB and in reply to someone 5-7 hours ago she states she will be hitting the gym today and didn't get home til 8.  WTF???  Granted I would not react like this but how can you even think of working on yourself when a child is missing?  Sorry, I still can't bring a link over and you guys have shown me plenty of times!!!  Something is very weird in this case.  Maybe he's just lost in the woods like the other little girl a couple of months back.

OK, I wasn't suspicious of Stepmom until you posted this!! OMG, that is the last place I would be. My hinkymeter is starting to get some action. I just think that is incredibly insensitive to be going to the gym to work out....this is beyond frustrating!!

This is what the post looked like (posted JUNE 8, 2010) (I cant screen shot, because I am short on time, but this is the jist of MelisB's find:

Jennifer Hill  Terri, I'm free afternoons all week long if you still want to meet up. And of course I can make myself free anytime if you need anything at all... We will continue to be here for you guys, just let us know how we can help. *hugs* for each of you
15 hours ago ·

Terri Moulton Horman
Hitting the gym tomorrow. I didn't get home until 8pm tonight...
15 hours ago

Jennifer Hill
I figured as much. Txt me when u go, if the timing works out ill keep u company.
8 hours ago

http://www.facebook.com/terri.horman#!/terri.horman?v=wall  

There is an image of both Terri and Kaine leaving the gym following a workout.  However ... only Terri is vulified.  Why?

I cannot comprehend why either Terri and/or Kaine would be working out at a gym only days following the disappearance of Kyron.

Janet

That gym was the one Kaine worked out at.  I believe they were both there that day not just to work out..but it was a command center of sorts for people to drop off donations of food, water, etc. for the searchers.  I think that whole issue got out of control.  But that was Kaine's gym per the RO..Terri's gym is 24 Hour Fitness.

Please check out the video and ... article.  Sorry to burst your bubble in regards to Kaine.

I am off.

Janet

++++++

Former detective: Parents’ silence not unheard of but not the norm
June 10, 2010

KATU News extended an invitation to Horman’s parents to speak to the media after a reporter found them at a local gym Wednesday after their workout.

But the Horman’s drove off without responding to a question how the media could help.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96033344.html?

Video Clip

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96033344.html?tab=video

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: July 09, 2010, 08:30:02 PM »

Local tv stations in Portland, KATU and KPTV were there when Terri and a friend were out somewhere today in a parking lot. I couldn't get the video to work, but supposedly Terri didn't say anything, and the friend was shielding her. I haven't read who the friend was.

Thank you Klaas for posting the video. Her response was very unemotional.  She didn't even look at the reporter, she was just blank and sort of child like in hiding behind the woman. Interesting. They need to watch this woman, I really do fear she is going to kill herself.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #285 on: July 09, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »

Thank-you
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: July 09, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »

Deenie - Polygraphs are not the unbeatable and not a true judgment on someone guilt or innocence. Some lunatic from Aruba took two of them in Houston and according to Tim Miller passed them both. We know he was lying.

They are a tool - inadmissible in court. What they can do is allow LE to look in other directions if they feel the person was truthful and honest. Of course, some test results can depend on the polygrapher, the questions asked, what order the questions are asked, and the type of test itself.

One of the cases we have been following had the test subject score a minus 11. That's called an epic fail. There are degrees of failure. And of course there is "inconclusive".

I have never heard of a law enforcement agency telling the husband and the ex-wife that the current wife has failed. They just don't share that info. They use it to further the investigation. Then again, you never know with this police department and what has happened to date - but I seriously doubt it happened as described.
Thank-you, that is what I've been trying to get answered, that the police dept doesn't usually share that info with someone, if Terri did fail the poly.

let's say this - the police can tell Kaine and Desiree that she didn't pass. It doesn't have to be the truth. They can lie to further the investigation.

They could have also told them she passed if they thought that might generate something of interest.
Thank-you, so the police could have told them this, and didn't say to them, but please don't speak about it in public to the media.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #287 on: July 09, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »

Wyks said;
IMO <--- that's at least one more strike against the school, for what seems to be a lax policy with students taking a bus home.

On page one of thread one - there is an article that said the Portland Public School system had a automated dialer that was used for alerting the parents that Kyron was missing. So, they did have some sort of system and recognized it's value. But there was no system in place at Skyline, and get this - we don't have a problem with absenteeism. 

More likely they have a problem with accountability.

< nods > Yep Rob, I agree.  And I betcha there has been a mad scramble to put things into place at Skyline, that they have realized they needed 'just in case'. 

Accountability being one important thing.  Am sure the school and parents have been able to come up with a list of things that would ensure better safety for all.  Helpful for the future anyway. 

IMO.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #288 on: July 09, 2010, 08:37:32 PM »

More old posts:

Just checked stepmom's FB and in reply to someone 5-7 hours ago she states she will be hitting the gym today and didn't get home til 8.  WTF???  Granted I would not react like this but how can you even think of working on yourself when a child is missing?  Sorry, I still can't bring a link over and you guys have shown me plenty of times!!!  Something is very weird in this case.  Maybe he's just lost in the woods like the other little girl a couple of months back.

OK, I wasn't suspicious of Stepmom until you posted this!! OMG, that is the last place I would be. My hinkymeter is starting to get some action. I just think that is incredibly insensitive to be going to the gym to work out....this is beyond frustrating!!

This is what the post looked like (posted JUNE 8, 2010) (I cant screen shot, because I am short on time, but this is the jist of MelisB's find:

Jennifer Hill  Terri, I'm free afternoons all week long if you still want to meet up. And of course I can make myself free anytime if you need anything at all... We will continue to be here for you guys, just let us know how we can help. *hugs* for each of you
15 hours ago ·

Terri Moulton Horman
15 hours ago

Jennifer Hill
I figured as much. Txt me when u go, if the timing works out ill keep u company.
8 hours ago

There is an image of both Terri and Kaine leaving the gym following a workout.  However ... only Terri is vulified.  Why?

I cannot comprehend why either Terri and/or Kaine would be working out at a gym only days following the disappearance of Kyron.

Janet

That gym was the one Kaine worked out at.  I believe they were both there that day not just to work out..but it was a command center of sorts for people to drop off donations of food, water, etc. for the searchers.  I think that whole issue got out of control.  But that was Kaine's gym per the RO..Terri's gym is 24 Hour Fitness.

Please check out the video and ... article.  Sorry to burst your bubble in regards to Kaine.

I am off.

Janet

++++++

June 10, 2010

KATU News extended an invitation to Horman’s parents to speak to the media after a reporter found them at a local gym Wednesday after their workout.

But the Horman’s drove off without responding to a question how the media could help.

Video Clip

Yep appears they were both working out. I am not sure what that means in the scope of it all, they were not doing anything illegal but it does appear they both were at the gym working out.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: July 09, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_recalls_d.html

Kyron Horman's mother recalls day she heard her son was missing
Published: Friday, July 09, 2010, 5:23 PM     Updated: Friday, July 09, 2010, 5:42 PM

When Desiree Young's phone rang at 4:25 p.m. on June 4, she answered, not knowing the call would forever change her life.
(snipped)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: July 09, 2010, 08:45:32 PM »

More old posts:

15 hours ago ·

Terri Moulton Horman
15 hours ago

Jennifer Hill
8 hours ago

Janet

I am off.

Janet

++++++

June 10, 2010

Video Clip

Yep appears they were both working out. I am not sure what that means in the scope of it all, they were not doing anything illegal but it does appear they both were at the gym working out.

Not Illegal.  However ... I believe it is inappropriate considering that Kyron  has been missing for less than a week.

Anyways ... if it is inappropriate for Terri to be working out ... it is inappropriate for Kaine to be working out.

I cannot comprehend the double standard.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #291 on: July 09, 2010, 08:45:42 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/livestream/index.html

live streaming, talking with DY and KH right now

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #292 on: July 09, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »

Thank-you, so the police could have told them this, and didn't say to them, but please don't speak about it in public to the media.

I hope I'm not confusing you NRCG. It can be confusing. The police will not share the real and accurate info with Desiree and Kaine. Nor are they likely to tell Terri she passed or failed.

They can lie or provide false and misleading info to further the cause of finding Kyron. It's not against the law for the police to lie to suspects or witnesses.

What makes no sense here is that earlier I heard on JVM or Headline news that proceeded it - that Kaine and Desiree claim that Terri told them herself that she failed. I am not sure that she would know that and may have told them her inner thoughts on it. Or she may have been mislead to believe she failed and would need to show up again for another test on another date. That could all be true, all be false or it could be a combination of all.

The police are under no obligation to tell Terri, Kaine, or Desiree any of the facts. They may share some facts, no facts or all mistruths.

All that said - this investigation is not what the normal o b s e r v e r would expect.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: July 09, 2010, 08:48:21 PM »

REMINDER:

http://www.kgw.com/news/Candlelight-vigil-for-Kyron-Friday-98078129.html

Candlelight vigil for Kyron Friday

by Michael Rollins, KGW.com staff

kgw.com

Posted on July 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM

PORTLAND -- A candlelight vigil will be held for Kyron Horman at Skyline grade school on Friday evening.

People are asked to gather at 8 p.m., for an 8:30 p.m. lighting at the "Wall of Hope."  Bring your own candles.

Parking is limited and participants are asked to carpool, walk or bicycle.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: July 09, 2010, 08:48:43 PM »

Thanks Rob, at this point I'm confused about a lot of things in this case, but I understand what you are saying about the polygraph tests.
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »

I hope I'm not confusing you NRCG. It can be confusing. The police will not share the real and accurate info with Desiree and Kaine. Nor are they likely to tell Terri she passed or failed.

They can lie or provide false and misleading info to further the cause of finding Kyron. It's not against the law for the police to lie to suspects or witnesses.

What makes no sense here is that earlier I heard on JVM or Headline news that proceeded it - that Kaine and Desiree claim that Terri told them herself that she failed. I am not sure that she would know that and may have told them her inner thoughts on it. Or she may have been mislead to believe she failed and would need to show up again for another test on another date. That could all be true, all be false or it could be a combination of all.

The police are under no obligation to tell Terri, Kaine, or Desiree any of the facts. They may share some facts, no facts or all mistruths.

All that said - this investigation is not what the normal o b s e r v e r would expect.

I'm wondering if she took the first LDT because she was the last one to see Kyron.  Maybe they called her in for the second test because the landscaper had told them about the MFH plot and they wanted to question her to see what they could find out about that. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »

More old posts:

15 hours ago ·

Terri Moulton Horman
15 hours ago

Jennifer Hill
8 hours ago

Janet

I am off.

Janet

++++++

June 10, 2010

Video Clip

Not Illegal.  However ... I believe it is inappropriate considering that Kyron  has been missing for less than a week.

Anyways ... if it is inappropriate for Terri to be working out ... it is inappropriate for Kaine to be working out.

I cannot comprehend the double standard.

Janet

Yes I understand what you are saying. In an article from yesterday it stated that Kaine was keeping up his running as it helps him keep his mind clear or his head straight or something like that.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »

OS

Thanks OS, I caught the end of it
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2010, 08:54:55 PM »

OS

Thanks OS, I caught the end of it

Klaas

yw, sorry that was kind of misleading, it is a live stream, but I think that was part of Natasha Lance taped interview, sounded like her voice to me. Could be wrong.

I wonder if that station will carry the vigil live? will keep it open.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:16 PM »

Thanks Sebastian and Claycat!  Hope we get answers to those questions (and many many more) someday.  Smile 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.