April 28, 2024, 04:13:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #4 7/8/10 - 7/11/10  (Read 222634 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: July 10, 2010, 09:49:01 AM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/24197226/detail.html

Young also said she suspects that Terri Horman did not act alone.

CNN: "Do you think she would have done this alone?"
    Desiree Young: "I don't believe so because honestly she didn't take out a contract on her husband alone, so I think she probably needed help. But that's speculation. It's not proven and I don't have any evidence to say that's the case, but I think it helps me feel better about the situation if that's the case.

I wonder if when the landscaper was approached there was another man (not Kaine) with Terri that LE is attempting to identify?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #481 on: July 10, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »

Tracygirl - we don't know.

We do know that normally they wouldn't ask for a 2nd or 3rd if you passed the first.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with this.  It depends on the circumstances that lead up to the request for successive testing.  The principal reason for requesting successive testing is not whether the person passed or failed and earlier test.  It is the discovery of new information as the investigation proceeds that wasn't known at the time of an earlier polygraph. Therefore, it is not uncommon that a person who "passed" a polygraph may be asked to take a second polygraph.

Having said that, a polygraph is most useful as an investigative tool.  They're worthless in court (inadmissible in most courts in the country) as their reliability cannot be tested and verified.

Thank-you JessStar
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #482 on: July 10, 2010, 09:52:45 AM »

Rob I agree. Terri knew those glasses were a very important part of Kyron's life. There are two thoughts that come to mind.
She figured someone would know that and figure he was snatched and hence the glasses falling off, or a stranger did not know the importance of his glasses and never looked back once he was snatched.

I feel that if his glasses were found during the search it would have been made public. The first part of the search they were looking for Kyron as he may have wandered off, or went with someone. They knew his glasses were an important aid in his vision. This would have caused more of a sense of urgency as they have a child possibly wandering around who cannot see well. I personally think the glasses were a replica.

One of the things that has been bothering me is the sighting of him near the south door, it appears as if he was at that door waiting for someone. LE needs to pinpoint that timeframe and go over everything again, someone else may have been around or outside during that time and possibly saw the perpetrator.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #483 on: July 10, 2010, 09:55:33 AM »

Rob - then why would Terri lie in her polygraphs and why would she hire a hitman to kill her husband? 

klaas - I don't pretend to have all the answers, infact I have very few, if any at all. Maybe Kyron and Kaine are separated items / issues in her life. I still not sure what to believe as far as the landscaper is concerned. Why haven't the police said if he has taken a polygraph? and WHY haven't the police told their media spokesperson - Mister Kaine - so he can inform the world? I don't know. ( shrugs )

I think it would be rather easy for the police to announce that the landscaper has taken a polygraph. What harm is there? And why hasn't she been arrested for that alleged crime?

Maybe this landscaper is crazier than Terri - maybe he is an attention seeker - maybe none it happened the way he described. I just don't know. But like others - I think she would have been arrested if this was more than he said / she said. So, there is nothing more that their countering words. No evidence. No physical evidence exists in emails detailing a hit, no text messages detailing a hit and no recorded conversations detailing a hit. There is no evidence and the police needed a sting, which Terri didn't bite on and actually turned the tables.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: July 10, 2010, 10:00:40 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Timeline-Search-for-missing-Kyran-Horman-95787519.html#

Friday June 4

8 a.m. - It's Science Fair Day at Skyline Elementary School. Kyron Horman, 7, and his step-mom arrive at school.

8:45 a.m. - Kyron says goodbye to his step-mom in the hallway and goes toward his classroom. He is last seen near his classroom, near the south entrance to school.

9:00 a.m. - Investigators say this was the last time Kyron was reportedly seen but they do not identify who saw him last.

3:45 p.m. -  Kyron doesn't get off the school bus. A call to the school reveals that Kyron's teacher has marked him "absent." Kyron is reported missing to  9-1-1. The Portland school district sends out an automated message to parents in the district that "a student is missing." An intensive search begins on the ground and in the air. Multiple agencies are involved.

Saturday, June 5

The search continues through the night and through the weekend. A tip line is set up: 503-261-2847.

Sunday, June 6

Parents of other children at the school are interviewed at the school on a staggered basis in hopes of developing new clues that could lead investigators to the missing boy.

Monday , June 7

Skyline Elementary reopens with new security measures in place. Investigators continue to search for Kyron Horman.

Tuesday, June 8

Investigators continue to search at multiple locations and to follow up on more than 1,200 tips. Police ask for more tips from the public and the public's help in spreading photos of the missing boy. An FBI mobile command center is brought to Oregon.

Wednesday, June 9

The family of Kyron Horman releases a statement through investigators talking of their "sadness and pain", and asking for the public's help in finding Kyron. Donation centers open to receive supplies to support the searchers. Investigators announce plans to deploy statewide search and rescue teams by Thursday morning.

Thursday, June 10

The search effort grows to nearly 150 as help arrives from across Oregon. At a pair of news conferences, investigators do not announce any new developments in the search for Kyron Harmon, but repeat their plea for additional tips from the public at 503-261-2847.

Friday, June 11

More than 200 searchers are now involved. At noon, police display replicas of the clothing Kyron was wearing when he was last seen. At 1 p.m., Kyron's father and stepfather speak publicly to the media for the first time since Kyron's disappearance, pleading for help in bringing Kyron home safely.

Saturday, June 12

Police ask for the public to submit photos or videos taken on June 3 or June 4 on roads in the vicinity of Skyline Elementary School. Police also read a series of answers from the family of Kyron Horman, answering public questions about the missing boy and the family's conduct during the investigation.

Sunday, June 13

Investigators announce that the Kyron Horman case is now a criminal investigation. They also announce that the search for Horman will be scaled back significantly, with most volunteer searchers sent home.

Monday, June 14

At an 11 a.m. media briefing. Capt. Jason Gates vows that investigators will not allow the search for Kyron to become a cold case. Watch Gates video

Searchers look in the area around Sauvie Island for the fourth consecutive day. KGW's Sky 8 helicopter captures video of divers in waist-deep water in the rural area of NW Portland. Video: Sky 8

Tuesday, June 15

A day that's usually a celebration is somber instead as Skyline Elementary's school year ends with no sign of Kyron Horman. Students and staff receive an uplifting visit from Blazers Coach Nate McMillan and star guard Brandon Roy. Video: Blazers bring smiles to Skyline students

Clear Channel Communications donates 30 billboard in the Portland area in English, Russian and Spanish seeking tips. Ad company donates billboards.

Wednesday, June 16

'People' magazine puts Kyron Horman on its cover. The story is picked up by CNN via its Nancy Grace crime show. 'America's Most Wanted' announces it will feature the case on its upcoming weekend show. People features Kyron Horman on its cover

Friday, June 18

Police issue a questionnaire to the staff and parents of Skyline school that includes specific questions about whether they saw Terri Moulton Horman, the step-mother, on the day he vanished, as well as the white family pickup. Capt. Jason Gates said the family supported that effort and he declined to say whether the step-mom was a suspect or person of interest in the case. Read/print out questionnaire

Friday, June 25

Kyron Horman's mom and dad, in an interview with KGW-TV, answers why investigators focused on Sauvie Island, but refuse to answer questions about step-mom Terri Moulton Horman. They say they will be the only ones speaking for the family.  More: Interview with Horman's parents

Saturday, June 26

Calls placed from Horman residence on NW Sheltered Nook Road. Calls involved a "threat" and officers responded in person.

Sunday, June 27

For the second week in a row, Kyron Horman is featured on the cover of People magazine. This time, the magazine focuses on Kyron's step-mom's dad, who says she has been a focus of the investigation and has been interviewed several times by police, once for up to six hours. More: Stepmom's dad in People

Monday, June 28

Kaine Horman files for divorce from Terri Moulton Horman while also issuing a restraining order against her. Kaine Horman, Desiree Young and Tony Young issue a statement stating support for the investigation so far. Missing in that statement is Terri Moulton Horman's name. Kyron Horman's father files for divorce

Thursday, July 1

A reliable source told KGW Thursday that Terri Horman, Kyron's step-mother, has lied to investigators and was uncooperative. This came on the same day that the boy's family pleaded with her to cooperate with investigators.

Sunday, July 4

Details of a murder-for-hire plot emerge. A source tells KGW that investigators told Kaine Horman that Terri Horman tried to hire a landscaper to kill him. Kaine took his young daughter and moved out of his house, then filed divorce papers and a restraining order against Terri, shortly after being informed of the plot.  Murder for hire plot revealed

Monday, July 5

Kyron's parents, Kaine and Desiree, release a statement in which they accuse Terri of not fully cooperating with the investigation. They refused to comment on the murder for hire plot but said they'd both taken lie detector tests and called on Terri to cooperate fully with the investigation. Family statement, 7/5

Thursday, July 8

A judge unseals the restraining order granted on behalf of Kaine Horman against Terri Horman. The document reveals that police provided Kaine Horman with probable cause to believe that his wife Terri Moulton-Horman was involved in 7-year-old Kyron's disappearance and a murder-for-hire attempt against him. Restraining Order

Also on Thursday, Kaine Horman filed an ammended request that Terri Horman be forced to move out of their Northwest Portland home and not return. A hearing on that request was scheduled for July 22.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #485 on: July 10, 2010, 10:03:34 AM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=17140@koin.web.entriq.net&navCatId=156

The owner of Extreme Edge gym mentions how SM never thanked him for his help, sorry I am reposting this video.
SM doesn't sound too swift to me.

Thanks for posting the video Seahorse.... this is exactlly what I saw on the news and was referring to.

Good morning Bananas and Monkey's,

The owner of the X-Edge gym was candid, "creepy" (SM), says it all. 

SM is not that "swift" (in my opinion)- she is academic smart or school book smart, but not swift other wise.

I was in the gym business for 20 years. I had 40 pain in the ass members. Every gym has them. I nicknamed mine. Just affectionately. < smirk >

"Horseface" bitch'd and complained that I didn't have the "right" kind of magazines for her to read, and "Lardass", actually blew up the ladies bathroom area in a fashion that would make you heave and it's not right for first thing in the morning. She did that for three years until one of the girls that worked for me actually caught her and she was one of the few people I ever banned and gave a refund to.

These people act at the gym as they do in their normal lives, and they're not pleasant. The complain about everything and are thankful for nothing. They have no idea what goes into making a clean healthy atmosphere for them to enjoy. And they never ever say thank you.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: July 10, 2010, 10:13:51 AM »

Rob - then why would Terri lie in her polygraphs and why would she hire a hitman to kill her husband? 

klaas - I don't pretend to have all the answers, infact I have very few, if any at all. Maybe Kyron and Kaine are separated items / issues in her life. I still not sure what to believe as far as the landscaper is concerned. Why haven't the police said if he has taken a polygraph? and WHY haven't the police told their media spokesperson - Mister Kaine - so he can inform the world? I don't know. ( shrugs )

I think it would be rather easy for the police to announce that the landscaper has taken a polygraph. What harm is there? And why hasn't she been arrested for that alleged crime?

Maybe this landscaper is crazier than Terri - maybe he is an attention seeker - maybe none it happened the way he described. I just don't know. But like others - I think she would have been arrested if this was more than he said / she said. So, there is nothing more that their countering words. No evidence. No physical evidence exists in emails detailing a hit, no text messages detailing a hit and no recorded conversations detailing a hit. There is no evidence and the police needed a sting, which Terri didn't bite on and actually turned the tables.
That's just it, he said, she said. I would imagine if the police had anything incriminating on this someone would surely be arrested by now on conspiracy. I have thought from the beginning that Terri did something to Kyron, just my gut feelings. But I've been questioning my feelings, and am wondering just what if, some sick individual is the one responsible for this? Someone from the area, that Kyron knows, and he went willingly with he/she? And I'm thinking the way Kyron's parents and so many others have crucified Terri, and it turns out she didn't do anything wrong, well, I'm not even sure how one would start to get their life back together after that. Just random thoughts.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: July 10, 2010, 10:23:30 AM »

And one other thing, what if the tapes from the stores and Terri is in the store just shopping like everyone else what is that going to do? Is it going to show, she dropped Kyron at the school, and left and went about her daily activities? Now if they show Terri in the store with Kyron that is a whole other situation, but I have a feeling the tapes will not show that.
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #488 on: July 10, 2010, 10:41:08 AM »

And one other thing, what if the tapes from the stores and Terri is in the store just shopping like everyone else what is that going to do? Is it going to show, she dropped Kyron at the school, and left and went about her daily activities? Now if they show Terri in the store with Kyron that is a whole other situation, but I have a feeling the tapes will not show that.
I have a feeling the tapes are going to show she was never at either place.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: July 10, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »

That could be also. I've been second guessing my original thoughts on all of this, which I seldom do, something is bothering and nagging at me. I really didn't give much thought to a pedophile taking Kyron, now I'm not so sure.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #490 on: July 10, 2010, 11:05:29 AM »

The tapes could sure show any of the above situations.  They could also show that at a particular time she was 'not' where she told LE she was that morning, she was in these stores instead and the tapes could be proof of that.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #491 on: July 10, 2010, 11:06:14 AM »

That could be also. I've been second guessing my original thoughts on all of this, which I seldom do, something is bothering and nagging at me. I really didn't give much thought to a pedophile taking Kyron, now I'm not so sure.
I can't explain why, but I've not vacillated too much in this case.  I see the picture of TH at the PC and I see a woman who is scared for herself, not for her child.  I see manufactured emotion. I see her looking at others in the room trying to get a gauge on how her behavior SHOULD be.  I think the window of opportunity for someone else to have taken this child without at least her involvement is too small.  I think if I look at the case with a bird's eye view rather than in minutia, meaning like if I look "big picture". . . her performance at the PC, the window of opportunity, her LDTs, her admitted affair, the trying to hire someone to kill her husband, et al, it defies logic, imo, that she's not at the very least involved in some way.

My mother has borderline personality disorder and likely sociopathic, narcissistic tendencies.  The way in which she is able to deceive is absolutely incredible.  Sometimes I KNOW she is lying to me, I mean factually, I know, but she is such a great liar, I catch myself questioning myself.  Like, "Maybe she's not lying?" when I factually know she is.

I look at TH and I see my mother.  :monkeyshrugging:  I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: July 10, 2010, 11:09:03 AM »

The tapes could sure show any of the above situations.  They could also show that at a particular time she was 'not' where she told LE she was that morning, she was in these stores instead and the tapes could be proof of that.   

Yes, I just don't know why I'm second guessing myself. I really thought Terri took Kyron and did the unspeakable, now I guess I'm going to wait for more info from the police, not what Kaine and Desiree are saying, I want to hear from the police, that is if they are going to say much more for now.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: July 10, 2010, 11:15:34 AM »

Just thinking Maybe Kyron and Kaine are separated items / issues in her life. I still not sure what to believe as far as the landscaper is concerned. Why haven't the police said if he has taken a polygraph? and WHY haven't the police told their media spokesperson - Mister Kaine - so he can inform the world? I don't know. ( shrugs )

I think they are separate, I know if I was watching a child and she became missing I would be all messed up and hide in my room.
I think IF she talked about  killing Kaine at this point it's just talk no $$ is involved this could be a set up on Kaine's part to get rid of Teri..
Yes she looks depressed but who wouldn't..

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: July 10, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »

Just thinking Maybe Kyron and Kaine are separated items / issues in her life. I still not sure what to believe as far as the landscaper is concerned. Why haven't the police said if he has taken a polygraph? and WHY haven't the police told their media spokesperson - Mister Kaine - so he can inform the world? I don't know. ( shrugs )

I think they are separate, I know if I was watching a child and she became missing I would be all messed up and hide in my room.
I think IF she talked about  killing Kaine at this point it's just talk no $$ is involved this could be a set up on Kaine's part to get rid of Teri..
Thought entered my mind for sure. And yes, who wouldn't look depressed?
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #495 on: July 10, 2010, 11:24:22 AM »

See, I don't think the MFH against Kaine is separate from Kyron.  I mean, it's separate in that she allegedly wanted to hire someone to kill Kaine, not Kyron. . . but, how would killing Kaine affect Kyron?  He's nearly 8 years old.  It would be devastating, no?  Who would want to kill the father of her child? Who would want their child to have to live through the murder of a parent?  Kiara is young enough she'd not realize what happened, but Kyron, that's a different story.  So for me, it's hard to separate the MFH of Kaine with Kyron because of the affect Kaine's death would most certainly have had on his 8 year old son. 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: July 10, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »

It would have been so easy for anyone to get Kyron out of the school.
I have been to Science Fairs ( Bedlam ! ! and lots of excitement on the kids' part ) at the little girls school. I met some interesting kids there too. The kids are all friendly and talk to you when you look at their exhibits and if you ask questions and display an interest, they are you best friend for the moment. See them later near a door say, come here for a moment, or help me with this, please. Gone. 
Whatever the story is with Terri, something will come out during her court appearance(s)  for having her removed from the house, maybe. How he’s going to get her out, since he is the one that left might get good. LE might have to back him up, else, well, he can rent a tent.

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #497 on: July 10, 2010, 11:31:56 AM »

I have been to Science Fairs ( Bedlam ! ! and lots of excitement on the kids' part ) at the little girls school. I met some interesting kids there too. The kids are all friendly and talk to you when you look at their exhibits and if you ask questions and display an interest, they are you best friend for the moment. See them later near a door say, come here for a moment, or help me with this, please. Gone. 
Whatever the story is with Terri, something will come out during her court appearance(s)  for having her removed from the house, maybe. How he’s going to get her out, since he is the one that left might get good. LE might have to back him up, else, well, he can rent a tent.

I'm not sure, legally, TH has a leg to stand on with regard to staying in the house.  Her name is not on the house and Kaine has primary physical custody of a minor child.  Almost seems like a slam dunk TH will be removed from the home. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: July 10, 2010, 11:33:56 AM »

I have been to many activities at school when my girls were little, and I agree, it would have been easy to get a child out of the school. I'm not sure at all how this will go down with getting Terri out of the house, since I don't know how these things work, but I'm sure it could get interesting.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: July 10, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=17140@koin.web.entriq.net&navCatId=156

The owner of Extreme Edge gym mentions how SM never thanked him for his help, sorry I am reposting this video.
SM doesn't sound too swift to me.

Thank you for that clip. 

I stand corrected..they both had a membership there. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.