April 27, 2024, 01:25:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #4 7/8/10 - 7/11/10  (Read 222591 times)
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #900 on: July 11, 2010, 03:39:15 PM »

Deenie, years ago I owrked for the Community Services Board, and before I was hired I had to have a criminal background check, a drug test, and hepatitis series shots before I was hired, actually shots were in a series and I finished them after I was hired. I am getting ready to go back to school and before I start classes they are making me do a drug test and running a criminal background screening on me. I think it is standard for most businesses that work with the care of people or children these days. I am all for it as it protects. I agree about the person being at the 99.9% level of being hired.
CBB (( miss You))

Me thinking though .. a Criminal Check is not done until someone is " not yet technically hired" but is  at 99.9 percent " has the position" .. If you had to do a criminal background check on every " candidate" it would be so expensive and not worth it.

When I worked in automotive, I worked very close to the HR Manager. The only time he ran a background check on someone was " directly before" the signing you hired. 
Which only came to be after one employee was hired * without a background check* and he turned out to be a total fraud. He was on the payroll for 4 months and the companies he was liaison to .. figured out quickly this guy had no experience what so ever in engineering. He was hired at a high paying salary, had a perfect resume. Come out to find out - Was not even his real name. He stole someone's identity from the internet along with their credentials. I believe it was his social security number that tipped off .. the company who finally did do the background check on him. He was arrested in the office. I will never forget that day. Ever.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #901 on: July 11, 2010, 03:40:46 PM »

oops worked..lol can't type can't spell. I'll make a good student. Wink
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: July 11, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »

If TH hid Kyron somewhere and told her Attorney, would he be obligated to report it? How would that coincide with Attorney client privaledge?

I believe he would be required to report it but how quickly I'm not sure. 
What if Terri made allegations that Kyron was being abused or about to be. That her word had some clout. She had proof. Could that be considered within ...that the Atty would not have to disclose to LE Kyron's whereabouts. I keep thinking about Uncle Kristian.
Most offenders " offend" many times before they are caught and charged.
Sex offenses within families or within a chosen victim.. it has been said that the offender " grooms" the victim before they actually commit an offense. Idk.   
(( yuck)).

I too keep thinking about Uncle Kristian Deenie. Please remind me, is Stephenie Griggs Horman the current wife of Kristian or the ex? The reason I am asking is that she had sent TH facebook messages about Kyron before she took her facebook down.

I believe Amanda Howards is Kristian's ex-wife.

And Stephenie is his current wife, and SIL of Terri.

Here's a post from Terri's facebook page:
Stephenie Horman I hope you got the picture message I sent you yesterday. We love you all so much. Please know that even though we are far away our hearts have been with you this whole time. Love you, sis-in-law. (P.S. Been putting out fliers like crazy, the Seattle/Bothell area doesn't know what hit them.)
http://ruthiessky.blogspot.com/2010/06/terri-moulton-hormans-facebook-wall.html

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: July 11, 2010, 03:47:18 PM »

Just an FYI...background checks are run for school employee hires (all), when returning (that is, they run them once a year due to SO charges and serious felonies one might acquire)after summer, and any parent who fills out the form to volunteer during the school year has one run. I have yet to see a DUI or non violent misdemeanor charge keep one from getting a position in a school.  Now that is FL and I like their policy.  This is coming from my best friends BIL, he's a teacher now principal and running for school superintendant.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: July 11, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »

If TH hid Kyron somewhere and told her Attorney, would he be obligated to report it? How would that coincide with Attorney client privaledge?

I believe he would be required to report it but how quickly I'm not sure. 
What if Terri made allegations that Kyron was being abused or about to be. That her word had some clout. She had proof. Could that be considered within ...that the Atty would not have to disclose to LE Kyron's whereabouts. I keep thinking about Uncle Kristian.
Most offenders " offend" many times before they are caught and charged.
Sex offenses within families or within a chosen victim.. it has been said that the offender " grooms" the victim before they actually commit an offense. Idk.   
(( yuck)).

I too keep thinking about Uncle Kristian Deenie. Please remind me, is Stephenie Griggs Horman the current wife of Kristian or the ex? The reason I am asking is that she had sent TH facebook messages about Kyron before she took her facebook down.

I believe Amanda Howards is Kristian's ex-wife.

And Stephenie is his current wife, and SIL of Terri.

Here's a post from Terri's facebook page:
Stephenie Horman I hope you got the picture message I sent you yesterday. We love you all so much. Please know that even though we are far away our hearts have been with you this whole time. Love you, sis-in-law. (P.S. Been putting out fliers like crazy, the Seattle/Bothell area doesn't know what hit them.)
http://ruthiessky.blogspot.com/2010/06/terri-moulton-hormans-facebook-wall.html

Thank you so much Brandi! Now I more to think about. Is Stephenie standing by her pedophile husband? If so, yuck! TH would know if Stephenie is standing by him as she obvioulsy is in touch with her. I wonder what exactly she sent to Stephenie? Who knows, maybe Stephenie and TH hatched something up?
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #905 on: July 11, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »

What about the day before June 3rd?? The kids bringing in their projects.

Did Kaine take the Tree Frog exhibit up to the school? Did Terri? Or did they go as a family? Would there not be " all families" going in and out for the set up of the fair?
Just thinking of witnesses of who was paying attention. It escapes me that No one has come forth to say " for sure" what happened the day of the 4th. No one can say " Yes I saw Terri and Kitty" Or I saw Kyron with his Sister, or Anything for that matter. Its not like this school is HUGE as far as square feet. There has to be a Doorway that was used consistent by students and parents. If someone was using a " unusual " door that day/or the 3rd it would be for the Projects to be brought in " closer" to the actual child's class room. ( I would think) which would be in someone's memory. 

I noticed too within Kyron's exhibit. That was not a " cheap" exhibit. Someone put some money into it, along with Kyron's time and dedication. I know from looking at his up close photo's .. he has all the " green fauna" in the smaller box below. 
Those plants he has/used are for an aquarium. I know from having Harley that they are not cheap. Each one ( at least in my area/demographic) of those silk/plastic plants cost up to 7.00 - 8.00 dollars each. Even the little ones cost 5.00 + each. He has 8 or more inside his little box. The background of the walls are " aquarium film" and is sold at aquarium or pet supply's - it is on a roll and you cut off how much you need to set in the backdrop of your aquarium. Some one took the time with Kyron to pick all that out and pay for it. This was a " Big" project for Kyron and I just keep banging my head against the wall... why Terri did not stay, why Kaine did not go to see Kyron show it off ..... ( he could have been held to something at work idk).

This was Kyron's pride and joy of a project.  A big day for him all around. He was to have his Science Fair in the morning, *a talent show and than after school ..he was going to see his MOM.  Tony had planned for Kyron a fishing trip and Kyron had to be geeked about that.
  * Was Kyron a participant in the talent show? That " NO One " within his classmates or teachers noticed he was not present? ( I find it hard to believe).

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: July 11, 2010, 03:57:29 PM »

What about the day before June 3rd?? The kids bringing in their projects.

Did Kaine take the Tree Frog exhibit up to the school? Did Terri? Or did they go as a family? Would there not be " all families" going in and out for the set up of the fair?
Just thinking of witnesses of who was paying attention. It escapes me that No one has come forth to say " for sure" what happened the day of the 4th. No one can say " Yes I saw Terri and Kitty" Or I saw Kyron with his Sister, or Anything for that matter. Its not like this school is HUGE as far as square feet. There has to be a Doorway that was used consistent by students and parents. If someone was using a " unusual " door that day/or the 3rd it would be for the Projects to be brought in " closer" to the actual child's class room. ( I would think) which would be in someone's memory. 

I noticed too within Kyron's exhibit. That was not a " cheap" exhibit. Someone put some money into it, along with Kyron's time and dedication. I know from looking at his up close photo's .. he has all the " green fauna" in the smaller box below. 
Those plants he has/used are for an aquarium. I know from having Harley that they are not cheap. Each one ( at least in my area/demographic) of those silk/plastic plants cost up to 7.00 - 8.00 dollars each. Even the little ones cost 5.00 + each. He has 8 or more inside his little box. The background of the walls are " aquarium film" and is sold at aquarium or pet supply's - it is on a roll and you cut off how much you need to set in the backdrop of your aquarium. Some one took the time with Kyron to pick all that out and pay for it. This was a " Big" project for Kyron and I just keep banging my head against the wall... why Terri did not stay, why Kaine did not go to see Kyron show it off ..... ( he could have been held to something at work idk).

This was Kyron's pride and joy of a project.  A big day for him all around. He was to have his Science Fair in the morning, *a talent show and than after school ..he was going to see his MOM.  Tony had planned for Kyron a fishing trip and Kyron had to be geeked about that.
  * Was Kyron a participant in the talent show? That " NO One " within his classmates or teachers noticed he was not present? ( I find it hard to believe).

Yes, he was also scheduled to be in the talent show that afternoon.
You're right, just another mess up from the school. They should have noted his absence. And notified the parents that he was not there!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #907 on: July 11, 2010, 04:01:28 PM »

Brandi do you know if Kyron being in the talent show was ever confirmed? Seemed like Kaine and Desiree didn't know anything about it, per an interview they did.

What I want to know is why did Terri and Kyron tour the science fair early in the morning rather then her helping with the fair as a chaperon? That part of the story I do not understand.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: July 11, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »

Brandi do you know if Kyron being in the talent show was ever confirmed? Seemed like Kaine and Desiree didn't know anything about it, per an interview they did.

What I want to know is why did Terri and Kyron tour the science fair early in the morning rather then her helping with the fair as a chaperon? That part of the story I do not understand.

Been researching that ... not sure it was confirmed by someone who really knew.

Found this:
11:10 a.m. -- Vickie Coghill, a 35-year resident of Portland's Skyline area, pointed to the billboard outside the school, which reads "June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45." Kyron was to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show, Coghill said.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Still searching.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #909 on: July 11, 2010, 04:05:43 PM »

FWIW

http://www.terrihorman.com/2010/07/landscaper-more-involved-than-we.html

Sunday, July 11, 2010
Landscaper More Involved Than We Thought?
Let me start by saying that this is pure speculation on my part but with Kaine and Desiree's iron clad respect for this case, looking out for the best interest of Kyron, and the lack of information from the Sheriff's office we are left piecing things together ourselves.

That being said, KGW reported that detectives believe that Someone other than step-mom may know what happened to Kyron coupled with the deafening silence when Kaine and Desiree were asked if there was a third person involved speaks volumes. There is also unconfirmed rumor (from a source that I cannot reveal) that an arrest of the landscaper may be imminent.
at 7:30 AM

Did SM give her Cell Phone and ATM card to an accomplice?  Did she glean the idea from Doug Stewart?

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/07/alleged_accomplice_lays_out_mu.html

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: July 11, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »

Sebastian-- Could of not said what you did in your post better.  This case leaves me and so many others tettering back and forth, guess it is hard to imagine anyone let alone the caretaker of a loving child causing harm to them.  For me it is just a feeling of something not fitting right with case, and can not put my finger on it.  What none of us know, we just don't have enough information, only what the family and LE want us to know.
In the very beginning when it was reported the family would not speak to media at the direction of Kaine Horman it has stuck in my mind and can not get past it.  Desiree her appearanc doesn't bother me, I wouldn't want to look like dracula's bride to the nation either, it goes further for me, she is too calm, she doesn't have the stressed out look or tone in her voice, she has determination, with  slight hint of anger.  What I take away from Kaine Horman and Desiree Young.
Terri Horman hasn't said anything, hasn't been in the public eye other than the one news conference and no doubt the look on her face (to me) at one point was "I don't want to be here", "I am very uncomfortable", and at one point when I believe  Desiree was speaking almost a look of contempt, "Shut up why are you talking you have no idea what has happened and you shouldn't be here".
Just my observations.  I have never posted so much on Scared Monkeys since Casey Anthony case began, almost like I have to share and vent with my fellow monkeys to understand, yet we don't understand.

Hi D in Texas!
I used to live in Texas! Have relatives who still do! I too have been so drawn into this case. Poor little Kyron. I am starting to wonder if the reason that TH did not do well on the poly's is that she was having an affair, with someone out on Suavie Island. Having said that, there has been quite a bit leaked from the press about her and commented on by both Kaine and Desiree. If it were true, you would think that it would be all over the media by now. There is always the possibility that TH never came clean about the affair to LE
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: July 11, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »

Geez, I have to figure out a way NOT
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: July 11, 2010, 04:09:34 PM »

to hit enter, lol. I guess I type too fast. Maybe at first, TH thought it would be horrible to let on about an affair. Things started spinning out of control and now her attorney has advised her to stay mum as it may cast more suspicion on her?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: July 11, 2010, 04:11:38 PM »

Found this:
11:10 a.m. -- Vickie Coghill, a 35-year resident of Portland's Skyline area, pointed to the billboard outside the school, which reads "June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45." Kyron was to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show, Coghill said.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Still searching.

Blink also reports he was to take part in the talent show:
Kyron was also scheduled to be in the talent show at 1PM that same afternoon.
http://blinkoncrime.com/category/kyron-horman/page/3/

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #914 on: July 11, 2010, 04:12:54 PM »

Hope I'm not to late with this but there was quite a bit of discussion earlier about Desiree's call from the school so I pulled up the video and transcribed what she said in that part.  It took me a little bit so it seems the forum has moved to a different line of discussion.  I'll post this in case anyone wants to know exactly what Desiree said about that afternoon that she got the call.

Desiree's statement - starts at 1:10 on video

At 4:25 I got a call from Susan Hall, the school, and ummm, she told me that I was listed as the emergency notification for Kyron Horman and I said yes he's my son and she told me that I need to notify you he's missing and I said What? and she said He's missing and I said I don't understand what you mean he's missing, how can he be missing and she said I'm sorry they asked for me to call you and I said OK and I asked if Terri was there and she said yes and so I immediately hung up the phone and called Terri and asked her what was going on? I mean (shaking her head)

INTERVIEWER: What did she tell you?

DESIREE: She said that she had gone to the school for the science fair, that she had ummm, stayed for a little while and then she waved at him as he was walking toward his classroom and she didn't walk him to his classroom and then she left.

INTERVIEWER: What was that hearing that confirmation that he was missing and something was wrong, what was your first reaction to that?

DESIREE:  Ummmm, honestly my motherly instinct kicked in and ummmm I said that she'd better not have done anything to my son because I just didn't feel right about the conversation.  It didn't strike me right.

http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/07/kyron_hormans_parents_share_de.html
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #915 on: July 11, 2010, 04:14:07 PM »

Have to add ...

I just see a lot of Casey Anthony in Terri ... the "it's all about me" ... get rid of anything that's in my way ... 'cause I'm on the road to the good life.

I keep going back and forth...Casey Anthony...and the famous I will not talk...Elizabeth Johnson ...I think Terri reads enough on the internet to know when to "hold em" and knows when to  " fold em"

jmo

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #916 on: July 11, 2010, 04:17:15 PM »

I run backround checks on my employees. I wanna make sure I do not send a SO into a home. If I was to find a DUI from years ago, lets say the 1990's while at school or something, it wouldn't make a difference to me. I am pretty sure school employes are checked for recent activity.
But how many college kids are charged with DUI's, especially in Oregon? No offense Oregon but there are a lot of DUI arrests in that state, lol. I am not sure if it is 2nd to California but it is up there.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: July 11, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »

Found this:

Still searching.

Blink also reports he was to take part in the talent show:
Kyron was also scheduled to be in the talent show at 1PM that same afternoon.
http://blinkoncrime.com/category/kyron-horman/page/3/

Strange that in an interview done early on, I believe it was one many string of interviews  Kaine and Desiree did a couple of weeks ago. They were asked the question to which they said something like, yea we heard that but we didn't know anything about it. Perhaps Kyron was not that thrilled or it was something so small he never mentioned it to his mom or dad?
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #918 on: July 11, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »

http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/abuse/main.shtml

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #919 on: July 11, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »

Hope I'm not to late with this but there was quite a bit of discussion earlier about Desiree's call from the school so I pulled up the video and transcribed what she said in that part.  It took me a little bit so it seems the forum has moved to a different line of discussion.  I'll post this in case anyone wants to know exactly what Desiree said about that afternoon that she got the call.

Desiree's statement - starts at 1:10 on video

At 4:25 I got a call from Susan Hall, the school, and ummm, she told me that I was listed as the emergency notification for Kyron Horman and I said yes he's my son and she told me that I need to notify you he's missing and I said What? and she said He's missing and I said I don't understand what you mean he's missing, how can he be missing and she said I'm sorry they asked for me to call you and I said OK and I asked if Terri was there and she said yes and so I immediately hung up the phone and called Terri and asked her what was going on? I mean (shaking her head)

INTERVIEWER: What did she tell you?

DESIREE: She said that she had gone to the school for the science fair, that she had ummm, stayed for a little while and then she waved at him as he was walking toward his classroom and she didn't walk him to his classroom and then she left.

INTERVIEWER: What was that hearing that confirmation that he was missing and something was wrong, what was your first reaction to that?

DESIREE:  Ummmm, honestly my motherly instinct kicked in and ummmm I said that she'd better not have done anything to my son because I just didn't feel right about the conversation.  It didn't strike me right.

http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/07/kyron_hormans_parents_share_de.html

Thank you for taking the time to post this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.