April 30, 2024, 05:56:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alisa Maier, 4yrs old missing 7/5/2010 from Louisiana, MO(FOUND SAFE)  (Read 36286 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »

After reading that record I think this was a once in a million. This usually always ends in death. God must have been with and protecting Alisa. There is no other explanation I can think of.

He killed himself and spared the county and state a trial, and apparently he wasn't going back to jail after only being free for only a month. Most of the time these monsters are not going back to jail no matter what, but to get the little girl back is an absolute miracle.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2010, 08:52:36 PM »

Sources say that the suspect accused of kidnapping a 4-year-old girl in Louisiana, Missouri, has taken his own life.
Sources close to the investigation tell that a store reported that the suspect purchased clothing from the store, which lead them to a property in Lincoln County, Missouri. When police approached the property at 309 Highway D in Hawk Point, the suspect apparently shot himself.
Police have confirmed the suspect was 38-year-old Paul Sterling Smith. He also goes by Paul Steven Smith. Smith was the primary suspect in this case. Smith was a convicted sex offender who was released from jail two weeks ago on drug charges. Smith pleaded guilty to sodomy in 1995 and was sentenced to 15 years in prison. His victim was 10 years old. Smith at one point lived in an apartment in south St. Louis. Court records list his most recent address as 309 Highway D.
A news conference is scheduled for 7 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6254903-4-year-olds-kidnapper-has-apparently-taken-his-own-life
ozziesmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2010, 08:54:26 PM »

so glad she's okay!!! Finally a happy ending..

May her abducter rot in hell...

In Aruba, everyone lies!! Except Jossy!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »

After reading that record I think this was a once in a million. This usually always ends in death. God must have been with and protecting Alisa. There is no other explanation I can think of.

He killed himself and spared the county and state a trial, and apparently he wasn't going back to jail after only being free for only a month. Most of the time these monsters are not going back to jail no matter what, but to get the little girl back is an absolute miracle.

I think he was going to molest and then sell Alisa after reading his record and seeing he has been in court in the past week with more court to come. He finally did the right thing.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »

NR from last page Docket Entry: Notice 
Text:  STATE'S REQUEST FOR RESTITUTION HEARING NOTICED FOR HEARING ON 7/7/10 @ 8:30 A.M. 
Filing Party:  RICHARDS , GARY JOHN 

06/25/2010  Docket Entry: Motion Hearing Scheduled 
Associated Events:  07/07/2010 , 08:30:00 - Motion Hearing 

explains killing himself - but still ( just shakes head )

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2010, 09:02:37 PM »

NR from last page Docket Entry: Notice 
Text:  STATE'S REQUEST FOR RESTITUTION HEARING NOTICED FOR HEARING ON 7/7/10 @ 8:30 A.M. 
Filing Party:  RICHARDS , GARY JOHN 

06/25/2010  Docket Entry: Motion Hearing Scheduled 
Associated Events:  07/07/2010 , 08:30:00 - Motion Hearing 

explains killing himself - but still ( just shakes head )

wonder if he showed up for court this morning?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2010, 09:18:44 PM »

I am using a generalized area for Alisa's home. We don't want her abducted twice in this life time.

because the girl's home is about a quarter-mile from the Champ Clark Bridge, which leads into Illinois.

Court records list his most recent address as 309 Highway D.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2010, 09:31:26 PM »

I need to amend my last post. I am not sure Paul S Smith died at his last known address. Amended map below. My apologies. I think he may have, but I am not sure. Thank you.

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2010, 09:43:46 PM »

Review of other missing child cases in St. Louis-area

KSDK -- It's a happy ending to what was a scary story. Four-year-old Alisa Maier found safe just over 24 hours after her abduction. And while the town of Louisiana celebrates her return, NewsChannel 5 wants to take time to remember the unsolved missing child cases in our area.

In June 1988, Scott Kleeschulte vanished without a trace. He was last seen playing in the neighborhood near his home in St. Charles, before a thunderstorm. Authorities searched numerous man-made tunnels and caves in the area but found no evidence. Some believed Kleeschulte drowned in a flash flood, but authorities and his family members believe he was abducted.

A year later, in Fredericktown, Missouri, 13-year-old Gina Dawn Brooks was riding her bike to a friend's house about 10:30 p.m. She never arrived. Her bike was found five blocks from her home. Three men were implicated in Brooks' disappearance in 1998. But all charges were eventually dropped for lack of evidence.

In Moscow Mills, July 1991, 11-year-old Arlen Henderson was also riding his bike outside his family's mobile home. His family never saw him again. Police thought they caught a break ten years later. A 23-year-old man confessed to murdering Henderson. He claimed he was hired to kill the boy as warning to his family, who were allegedly involved in drug activity. The confession didn't hold up and no evidence was found.

Heather Kullorn was babysitting when she disappeared in the summer of 1999 in Richmond Heights. A small amount of blood was found inside the residence. DNA testing linked the blood to Heather. Authorities announced they believed Heather was not a victim of random violence and that the attacker most likely knew her family or the friends she was staying with.

Nine-year-old Christian Ferguson disappeared in 2003. His father claimed he stopped to use a pay phone in North St. Louis and somebody stole his SUV with Christian in the back seat. The vehicle was found hours later in Ferguson, but Christian was not inside. Police have no suspects in that case.

In March 2005, 13-year-old Bianca Piper went missing near Foley in Lincoln County. Her mother let her out of the car to walk one mile home after a disagreement. She has not been seen since.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=206390&catid=3
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2010, 09:46:22 PM »

Person of interest in Alisa Maier kidnapping investigation shoots himself

Hawk Point, Mo (KSDK) -- Investigators are working a crime scene near Hawk Point in Lincoln County.

Authorities were approaching a person of interest concerning the abduction of Alisa Maier when the individual apparently shot himself.  The man's condition was not disclosed.  He was taken to a hospital in Lake St. Louis for treatment.

Sgt. Al Nothum of the Missouri State Highway Patrol could not independently confirm the identity of the person of interest, nor his prior arrest record.  NewsChannel 5 confirmed his identity as Paul Serling Smith.

Police would not call Smith a suspect in the case and added they may seek out other people to question.

Smith, 38, is a registered sex offender.  In 1995, he was convicted for sodomizing a 10-year-old boy.

Hawk Point is located about halfway between where Maier was taken from her front yard in Louisiana, Missouri Monday night and the Fenton car wash where she was found late Tuesday.

Alisa Maier was found wandering at a gas station car wash in the 600 block of Gravois Road in old town Fenton around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday.  St. Louis County police said witnesses contacted them to report seeing a young boy unattended.  The witnesses, later identified as Kevin McNeely and Ashley Gibbs, told detectives they saw the child walking away from a vehicle. After police met and spoke with the child, county police realized it was Maier.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=206384&catid=3&GID=vBgH3WNZXSZmVUuKHjzj+wfgj4KLJfKdr6bkiln0gyc%3D
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »

Chopper video of crime scene in Hawk Point Chopper flies over the scene in Hawk Point, where a person of interest in the kidnapping of Alisa Maier shot

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=110214715001
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2010, 09:49:37 PM »

Police hold news conference following Hawk Point incidentAuthorities from St. Louis County Police Department, the Missouri State Highway Patrol and Lincoln Police Department talk to reporters.

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=110214715001#/News/Police+hold+news+conference+following+Hawk+Point+incident/48541678001/48355648001/110232767001
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2010, 09:51:03 PM »

Hornbeck parents react to good news in Alisa Maier caseBoth Pam and Craig Akers said if the four-year-old hadn't been found today, they'd planned to head to Louisiana to give Alisa's family the hope that they've always held onto.

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=110214715001#/News/Hornbeck+parents+react+to+good+news+in+Alisa+Maier+case/48541678001/48355648001/110227815001
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2010, 09:51:44 PM »

Young couple finds missing girl at Fenton car washYoung couple talks to NewsChannel 5 the day after finding missing Alisa Maier and contacting police.

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=110214715001#/News/Young+couple+finds+missing+girl+at+Fenton+car+wash/48541678001/48355648001/110236167001
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2010, 09:54:15 PM »

Family of Alisa Maier thrilled to have her homeMike Owens reports family of missing Alisa Maier overjoyed and thankful to have her home.

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=110214715001#/News/Family+of+Alisa+Maier+thrilled+to+have+her+home/48541678001/48355648001/110227817001
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=206384&catid=3
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2010, 10:12:49 PM »

I wonder if this is related?

KSDK--A small town is on edge after a prominent mechanic and business owner is found murdered. Residents of Hawk Point say murder is just not something that happens there.

The owner of Smitty's Garage was killed by a gunshot to his head at his business Saturday night along Highway A. The Major Case Squad is investigating and pursuing leads in the case. A $10,000 reward has been donated for information leading to the arrest of the suspects. 

Investigators say that Jeff Smith was well respected in the community. He built Hotrods, muscle cars, classics, even the daily ride.  Jeff smith was the man many in Hawk Point turned to. Smith owned Smitty's Garage.

Zip Underwood says this is where he spent quality car time with Smith. "The business was Jeff Smith. It was him," said Smith.

Zip was at the garage with Smith Saturday night but after he left someone else showed up. That person had a gun. Investigators say they don't know who or why, but the suspect shot Smith once in the head killing him.

It's believed the suspect then stole Zip Underwood's '78 Anniversary silver Corvette. Underwood said it was parked inside Smitty's Garage waiting for new tires. "I think it was just an opportunity. I think the vet was there and there was an opportunity. They thought they'd take it. I don't think they broke in for my vet. No, I don't think so," said Underwood.

Underwood said his Vette was ditched just a half block from the garage. The Deputy Commander of the Major Case Squad says the car is a big piece of the puzzle.

"The investigation has revealed some pieces of evidence have been seized from the car and are being analyzed," said Lt. Mark Schimweg. 

Since the murder, Underwood says he's been getting phone calls from Hawk Point residents who are afraid and want to protect themselves. Underwood has a private shooting range. He brings in instructors for those who want a conceal and carry permit. Now Underwood says more residents are interested in getting a gun.

"People that never had a gun in their hand before and now they want to get a gun, they want to be able to protect themselves," said Underwood.   

The Major Case Squad is asking for anyone who was on Highway A near Smitty's Garage between 10PM and Midnight Saturday to please call the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department. They're hoping someone has information tat could help them solve the case.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=206018
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2010, 11:09:35 PM »

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We`ve got some extraordinary breaking news to tell you about in our lead story; the abduction and release of 4-year-old Alisa Maier. We are now learning that in about 15 minutes, police in Missouri will be holding a news conference to discuss a person of interest in that abduction and that person of interest killing himself.

So what we`re hearing now is that police are going to tell us about a person of interest in the abduction of that precious child -- remember she was abducted Monday night. She was released last night about 80 miles away from her home. And now we`re hearing that a person of interest in that case has killed himself.

Stacey Honowitz, Florida prosecutor, supervisor of sex crimes, what`s your reaction to that news?

HONOWITZ: Well, evidently the walls were closing in. And as the previous panelists were saying that hopefully he knew there was an Amber Alert out for him. And that`s why he released the child. There was some sort of knowledge that he had that he was probably going to be captured.

And if it`s true that this is the person of interest, and this is the person that took this little girl, abducted this little girl and he killed himself, he knew that it was all coming down on him. So am I surprised? I`m not surprised by it at all.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Erin Runnion, you`re a child safety advocate, you`re also the mother of a precious child, Samantha Runnion, who was abducted and murdered. What is your reaction to this news of a person of interest which is a fancy way of saying suspect like killing themselves in the abduction of this child?

RUNNION: Well, it doesn`t agree with my -- my faith, but I can`t help but be glad. I kind of wish --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I agree.

RUNNION: -- that all of the offenders who cannot control themselves and feel the need to hurt a child, I wish they would all just off themselves and be done with it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I have to say that this is a tragic story. But it has a happy ending. That girl, that you`re looking at right there, was found alive with no visible injuries. The only thing that happened to her -- oops, sorry -- her hair was cut.

We`re going to stay on top of that story.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/07/ijvm.01.html

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2010, 11:11:50 PM »

I thought I read earlier that Alisa was found 80 miles from home, but maybe I read that wrong and I can't find the quote now. I looked.

Airmiles

+++

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2010, 11:37:32 PM »

I thought I read earlier that Alisa was found 80 miles from home, but maybe I read that wrong and I can't find the quote now. I looked.

Airmiles

IIRCC the car wash she was found outside of was 70 miles.  On page 2 of the thread I mapped out all the RSO's compared to Alisa's house.  Smith was not on the list as he was registered at a different address than where he was living and killed himself at.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.