April 26, 2024, 01:03:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #5 7/11/10 - 7/13/10  (Read 216143 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2010, 03:16:25 AM »

Watching http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html stream their News at 10, and they mentioned the statement by Kyron's parents tonight, that we have discussed previously here.

The also reported that the family is going to launch a website soon to sell tee shirts and bracelets.

That's all they said about that.
why are the selling bracelets and tee shirts?  They aren't searching, wonder what the money is for?

Have they exhausted the searches? Is it true that no one would give Harry Oakes a piece of Kyron's things for scent purposes?

Can someone explain to me just what "Harry Oakes" is all about and why there was such refusal and "hush hushness" met with the search efforts made by this man? I know when I was on WS there was a BIG HUB BUB made about that no one could speak a word even referring to this man's name or any searches that woulda, shoulda, coulda been. The mods were striking folks out left and right trying to keep all or any hints of this name whatsoever... So what gives? who and what is all the controversy surrounding this man about and why? Seemingly nothing but gestures of wanting to help in finding Kyron?? So what is the deal? TIA to anyone that doesn't mind taking the time to enlighten me on the "Harry Oakes" subject...

I would love the answer to this question myself. I remember with the Lindsey Baum case, the mother did not want him there for some reason. I think it was the aunt maybe that asked him to come? I don't know if LE has a problem with him? I really do not know, but would love the answer myself.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2010, 03:18:31 AM »

Watching http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html stream their News at 10, and they mentioned the statement by Kyron's parents tonight, that we have discussed previously here.

The also reported that the family is going to launch a website soon to sell tee shirts and bracelets.

why are the selling bracelets and tee shirts?  They aren't searching, wonder what the money is for?

Have they exhausted the searches? Is it true that no one would give Harry Oakes a piece of Kyron's things for scent purposes?
if Harry didn't ask them for money, they were foolish and selfish IMO not to give him something.  I'd want to know, myself, that I'd done everything I could.  That's just one of the hinky things Kaine has done to set my meter off.
I have wondered that myself do not know if it was fact or assumption that someone posted LE had asked them to not share anything with anyone but them, but we have been through enough cases to know that usually isn't the case if the searchers are reputable people, if it were me sorry to hell with LE if I even thought someone might be able to help.
One of those paralels mentioned before to the Anthony case.

What I remember is they would not give him anything with Kyron's scent on it for the search dogs because LE advised him not to.  It was said it was because it was a private search.  That is what was posted in one of the early threads.  I know... I don't understand why anyone with a missing child would turn down any kind of help... but that's just me....

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2010, 03:37:36 AM »

Can someone explain to me just what "Harry Oakes" is all about and why there was such refusal and "hush hushness" met with the search efforts made by this man? I know when I was on WS there was a BIG HUB BUB made about that no one could speak a word even referring to this man's name or any searches that woulda, shoulda, coulda been. The mods were striking folks out left and right trying to keep all or any hints of this name whatsoever... So what gives? who and what is all the controversy surrounding this man about and why? Seemingly nothing but gestures of wanting to help in finding Kyron?? So what is the deal? TIA to anyone that doesn't mind taking the time to enlighten me on the "Harry Oakes" subject...

This came up on Nancy Grace. This guy has no affiliation with LE, and while he may be perfectly sincere in wanting to help, it was brought up that the parents have probably already given LE whatever they needed, including clothing. If I was the parent, I'd rather go with LE's search dogs than anyone else's. According to some posters for the article on the following link, he claimed to be involved with LE but wasn't, and another said police refused his help which is why he didn't have anything of Kyron's. He may be perfectly legit, but then again he could be another Milstead. No, no, I take that back. That just reeks even though I wrote it. Most likely he really wanted to help. I think.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_family_ask_for_s/4053/comments-4.html
I think the NG show was from 7/1.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2010, 03:48:14 AM »

Sorry, I can't be of any more help regarding Harry than what others have said.  I just think I would have to know that it was/wasn't my child.  If there is something nefarious about him, I haven't heard it, other than he is supposedly "Not non-profit".  That's why I said if he offered his services for Free, I'd do it.  Maybe he requires something if he is successful, such as some form of payment?

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2010, 03:52:36 AM »

I don't think anyone is giving Terri compassion, well perhaps some but that is because they don't feel she is guilty just as you don't feel Kiane is guilty of anything. People are entitled to their opinions and if it differs from ones views, it is ok.  Others I think are trying to reach out to her in the hopes of finding Kyron. Isn't that the point of all of this anyway? To find Kyron? If reaching out to this woman might bring Kyron home, I think it is worth a try.

So much of this case has been based on assumptions, rumors and opinions and that goes for both sides in my opinion. I don't think anyone can say at this point with 100% certainty they know what happened that day to Kyron. 

I agree, I haven't read every single post, but I haven't seen any true "bashing" of Kaine.  I've seen posters question things he's said and done, myself included.  I don't see the need to constantly remind us that he is a victim if a poster so much as questions things.  Come On.  Put your big girl panties on and if you need some I'll loan you a pair.

I want to know why he wasn't more involved ESPECIALLY if he doubted his wife's abilities.  He's the one who said she had been acting strangely, on medication, and yet he wasn't acting too concerned about all the time he left Kyron if her care.  Just my 2cents, and I'm stickin' to it.

Tracygirl,
I was agreeing with you, and the big girl panties weren't for you.  Just clarifying that! Wink

Well who are the big girl panties for?  I did mention Kaine bashing a ways back in the previous thread but I sure wasn't trying to cause anyone any grief.
anyone who needs them, I have plenty to go around.  Just wanting everyone to chill out and remember why we are here, and that everyone has an opinion and everyone has the right to be wrong.  Even those who think they're right and there are no other alternatives.

Nite all.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2010, 03:52:42 AM »

Sorry, I can't be of any more help regarding Harry than what others have said.  I just think I would have to know that it was/wasn't my child.  If there is something nefarious about him, I haven't heard it, other than he is supposedly "Not non-profit".  That's why I said if he offered his services for Free, I'd do it.  Maybe he requires something if he is successful, such as some form of payment?

I didn't realize he was not non profit.  That WOULD make a difference.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2010, 03:57:14 AM »

I don't think anyone is giving Terri compassion, well perhaps some but that is because they don't feel she is guilty just as you don't feel Kiane is guilty of anything. People are entitled to their opinions and if it differs from ones views, it is ok.  Others I think are trying to reach out to her in the hopes of finding Kyron. Isn't that the point of all of this anyway? To find Kyron? If reaching out to this woman might bring Kyron home, I think it is worth a try.

So much of this case has been based on assumptions, rumors and opinions and that goes for both sides in my opinion. I don't think anyone can say at this point with 100% certainty they know what happened that day to Kyron. 

I agree, I haven't read every single post, but I haven't seen any true "bashing" of Kaine.  I've seen posters question things he's said and done, myself included.  I don't see the need to constantly remind us that he is a victim if a poster so much as questions things.  Come On.  Put your big girl panties on and if you need some I'll loan you a pair.

I want to know why he wasn't more involved ESPECIALLY if he doubted his wife's abilities.  He's the one who said she had been acting strangely, on medication, and yet he wasn't acting too concerned about all the time he left Kyron if her care.  Just my 2cents, and I'm stickin' to it.

Tracygirl,
I was agreeing with you, and the big girl panties weren't for you.  Just clarifying that! Wink

Well who are the big girl panties for?  I did mention Kaine bashing a ways back in the previous thread but I sure wasn't trying to cause anyone any grief.
anyone who needs them, I have plenty to go around.  Just wanting everyone to chill out and remember why we are here, and that everyone has an opinion and everyone has the right to be wrong.  Even those who think they're right and there are no other alternatives.

Nite all.

I definitely think "chilling out" would be a good thing here........ I really don't recall anyone thinking they were right and no other alternatives.  Good night

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2010, 03:57:40 AM »

wanted to add, Bananas, I wasn't offended and wasn't aiming my post to any single poster.  I'm just tired of the same ole same ole.  Live and let live, think and let think, post and let post.

and now I'm going to drop it as I'm adding to the very thing I don't like.  I just didn't want you to be upset.  Prayers for Kyron, please God bring him home safely and soon.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2010, 04:20:05 AM »

It's not that I don't "feel" Kaine is guilty....besides.. guilty of what? Of being quiet, and private? BTW...I think Kyron is much like his Dad. It's that LE obviously has evidence against Terri, and none against Kaine or Desiree. It's just common sense, and listening to what those who are actually involved in the case have to say. As much as they want to be, internet posters are not privy to what the cops are, or even the family.
Kaine was not there when Kyron went missing....but Terri was. He has been investigated by LE, polygraphed, and cleared. They KNOW he is not involved in the disappearance of his son. LE is not focused on Terri just for fun and giggles, or because Kaine is running the show. I don't think wanting to find Kyron includes being cruel to his father.
The theory that Terri somehow removed Kyron to save him....give me a break. If that were true, all she had to do was call DY to come get him, or call the police, or take Kyron to the ER. There are many avenues to get help, but did she ever try any of them? I also think DY and her hubby would've picked up on that and done something about it.
I think some posters are so invested in their own theories and need to be right that they are doing harm to a father who is grieving the probable loss of his son. It's a shame that no one is thinking about his mental state right now. All that is saved for Terri.
SM is supposed to be a place that supports the families of the missing, but in this case posters have done just the opposite over and over again. I can't believe I'm even having to defend my position of support for the victims. Unbelievable.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2010, 04:32:59 AM »

I may have to send a monkey shuttle bus back to thread #4.  There's still 20 members and 20 guests over there..

Please bear with us as we get used to changing threads at 50. 

Oh gahhhhh!  I was over there and wondered why I couldn't post replies... LOL.  Thought I was losing my mind.

By the way..... I am in my 50s and still wear bangs.... so THERE!  LOL

Glad you found the new thread, bananas.  You can add me to the bang wearing club, and I'm also in my 50's.  ;-0

I really hope we'll get some news of Kyron's whereabouts in the next day or so.  He's been missing for so long now...

Raises hand... in my 50s too.. with bangs.  Razz 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2010, 04:38:12 AM »

It's not that I don't "feel" Kaine is guilty....besides.. guilty of what? Of being quiet, and private? BTW...I think Kyron is much like his Dad. It's that LE obviously has evidence against Terri, and none against Kaine or Desiree. It's just common sense, and listening to what those who are actually involved in the case have to say. As much as they want to be, internet posters are not privy to what the cops are, or even the family.
Kaine was not there when Kyron went missing....but Terri was. He has been investigated by LE, polygraphed, and cleared. They KNOW he is not involved in the disappearance of his son. LE is not focused on Terri just for fun and giggles, or because Kaine is running the show. I don't think wanting to find Kyron includes being cruel to his father.
The theory that Terri somehow removed Kyron to save him....give me a break. If that were true, all she had to do was call DY to come get him, or call the police, or take Kyron to the ER. There are many avenues to get help, but did she ever try any of them? I also think DY and her hubby would've picked up on that and done something about it.
I think some posters are so invested in their own theories and need to be right that they are doing harm to a father who is grieving the probable loss of his son. It's a shame that no one is thinking about his mental state right now. All that is saved for Terri.
SM is supposed to be a place that supports the families of the missing, but in this case posters have done just the opposite over and over again. I can't believe I'm even having to defend my position of support for the victims. Unbelievable.

I have to agree that there is no reason to place blame on Kaine. 

If I found myself in his position, would I be able to say, I had always been the perfect parent, the perfect mate?  If mistakes he made in his marriage, make him responsible for the taking away of his son, then it would seem just about anyone who had a child go missing would be responsible.  None of us is perfect.

I think I am confusing myself and it is time to go to bed... this case is making me head ache.

God Bless Kyron....

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2010, 04:40:03 AM »

I may have to send a monkey shuttle bus back to thread #4.  There's still 20 members and 20 guests over there..

Please bear with us as we get used to changing threads at 50. 

Oh gahhhhh!  I was over there and wondered why I couldn't post replies... LOL.  Thought I was losing my mind.

By the way..... I am in my 50s and still wear bangs.... so THERE!  LOL

Glad you found the new thread, bananas.  You can add me to the bang wearing club, and I'm also in my 50's.  ;-0

I really hope we'll get some news of Kyron's whereabouts in the next day or so.  He's been missing for so long now...

Raises hand... in my 50s too.. with bangs.  Razz 

shhhhh Wyks.... maybe we shouldn't be telling on ourselves.... LOL

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2010, 04:40:24 AM »

Wyks, check this out...

Area Check - Jul 09, 2010 - NW ST HELENS RD/ST JOHNS BR
Threats     - Jun 26, 2010 - 15700-15800 NW SHELTERED NOOK RD
Area Check - Jun 21, 2010 - 16300-16400 NW SHELTERED NOOK RD
Area Check - Jun 02, 2010 - 8000-8100 NW KAISER RD
Area Check - May 29, 2010 - NW BRIDGE AV/NW GERMANTOWN RD
Area Check - May 13, 2010 - NW ST HELENS RD/ST JOHNS BR
Area Check - Mar 29, 2010 - 16200-16300 NW SHELTERED NOOK RD

This is all from now back til March 11th. Sheltered Nook just jumps out at me. I think it's too ironic, coincidental that Kyron goes missing on June 4th a few short months after the Mar 29 check, then it's checked on the 21st & the landscaper dude decides to come clean & wear a wire, then the threat 911 call that we all know Terri made. IDK, when I see it in black & white, it sorta makes me feel like something's "there". The Area Check's that I gave above are all of the area checks in that time period. The percentage is too high considering the amount of other areas to be covered. So, why Sheltered Nook? Maybe I've been on the computer too much. Gonna get some sleep. Have a nice night everyone.

Hmmmmm...

Well you have made a good point.  So then I was thinking hey wait a minute.. Remember the May 9th - Mother's Day - 911 call.... But ya just had to go there and mention there was an area check at the end of March.  lolol.. So now it's:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM................. 

< insert shocked monkey >

Soooooooo.. what do you think it means?  How can we find out more? 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2010, 04:41:59 AM »

[/quote] if Harry didn't ask them for money, they were foolish and selfish IMO not to give him something.  I'd want to know, myself, that I'd done everything I could.  That's just one of the hinky things Kaine has done to set my meter off.
[/quote]

The two biggest things that are driving me crazy are, why they ALL waited over a week to talk to the media and of course, why TH has not said boo in her defense.
[/quote]

You do not know that Kaine made that decision.
Mr. Oakes was not asked by anyone in the family to come look for Kyron, so why would they give him anything? He got involved because an outsider asked him, apparently. We do not know what evidence LE has, and people inserting themselves into the case could actually mess things up. That includes Harry Oaks. I'm sure TY knows if the investigation is being run correctly. It does no good to step on anyone's toes until a family is sure LE has run out of steam.This is why Texas Equsearch (sp?) doesn't get involved until the family asks them to come do a search.
Multnomah County is financially strapped, so fund raisers for the search may be necessary. It may take a long time to find that sweet little guy.
I think the family was quiet because LE was trying to keep tabs on Terri in hopes that she'd lead them to Kyron. THIS IS NOT A FACT, so don't use it as such. LE knew from probably that first day that Terri was a liar, and that she was involved...again just my opinion and NOT A FACT.

d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2010, 04:42:00 AM »

I am reading at oregonlive.com, the remarks on certain articles, the one I am reading right now is really disturbing and confusing, I have read some mention here about the glasses (Kyron's) but nothing other than that but these posters are saying that the photo SM posted on Facebook was photoshopped, and that glasses were either mailed in or found in the LE search.  Which led to the false reports the body of Kyron had been found, I am going to post the link I am referring to, however do not want to copy and paste the comments because I don't know if this just the MANY rumors being stated as fact in this case.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_recalls_d/4053/comments-16.html
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2010, 04:44:05 AM »

Awwww D in Texas..... :*(  My heart so goes out to you and your family. 

< monkey hugs > 

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2010, 04:50:37 AM »

Thanks Wyks, you have Nanners. Do you want Klaas to remove your email address? Thanks much!

Nawww it's all good, Sebastian.  Thanks tho!  Smile

d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2010, 04:50:50 AM »

O>T

thank you for that, i just hope that they can all find peace and get passed this, but how can you when you dont know how or why someone you love and is innocent has been taken.  Afraid this will be another case of divorce not being an option....
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2010, 04:52:10 AM »

My panties are fine, thanks.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2010, 05:14:59 AM »

My panties are fine, thanks.

Perhaps *cough* in your opinion they are. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.