April 25, 2024, 06:42:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #5 7/11/10 - 7/13/10  (Read 216138 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: July 13, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »

Here is an article I founded dated today.  Some are wondering why the the sexual activities/accusations are being aired.  I don't think it's just to titillate readers.  Please look at the bolded area in the article I've snipped.  See what Former FBI Special Agent Brad Garrett said.  Here's a snippet:

"The key, I think, in this case is a new strain of information possibly through Mr. Cook," he said, "or things Mr. Cook could bring into the case."
"The affair with Cook , Garrett said, has the potential to provide new leads in the boy's disappearance."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyron-terri-horman-accused-abducting-daughter-affair/story?id=11149983
Kyron Horman's Stepmother Accused of Attempted Abduction of Daughter
Kaine Horman Has Filed Court Documents Alleging Affair, Violation of Restraining Order
July 13, 2010

(snip)
And while the rest of the family was consumed by the desperate search for 7-year-old Kyron Horman, Terri Horman was carrying on an affair with a 37-year-old Michael Cook, a former classmate of Kaine Horman's, according to the documents. The affair purportedly began four days after Kaine Horman moved out and investigators, according to the court papers, say they've "obtained hundreds of text messages as well as several photographs of respondent [Terri] in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity."
The court documents accused Terri Horman of sharing sensitive information with her new boyfriend about the police investigation into Kyron's disappearance.

The new allegations came hours after Terri Horman's attorney, Stephen Houze, sent a letter to the judge stating that she would not contest the restraining order keeping her away from her daughter or her husband's request to move out of the family's Portland home.

Cook told a local television station that he was planning to hire an attorney, but while there was "inappropriate communication" with Terri Horman, he never had sex with her.

Terri Horman was the last person known to see Kyron before he vanished June 4 from his elementary school science fair. She has not been charged or even named a person of interest in the boy's disappearance or the alleged murder-for-hire plot against her husband.

Kaine Horman and Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, have said they had little doubt that Terri Horman is somehow involved with their son's disappearance. Young has pleaded with Terri Horman to "do the right thing."

Terri Horman and her attorney have declined to comment on the allegations made by Kyron's parents.

Former FBI Special Agent Brad Garrett said investigators' decision to release the damaging court documents was one more sign they were trying to force Terri Horman into cooperating with their efforts to find Kyron.

"What they're trying to do is continue trying to tighten the vice," Garrett said. "When you become more desperate you tend to make more mistakes."

The affair with Cook , Garrett said, has the potential to provide new leads in the boy's disappearance.

"The key, I think, in this case is a new strain of information possibly through Mr. Cook," he said, "or things Mr. Cook could bring into the case."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: July 13, 2010, 10:09:34 AM »

I'm so tired of all these sex issues!  Kyron is still out there!  The media always grabs the sex thing and runs with it.  Maybe it has some bearing; maybe it doesn't.  But...where is Kyron?

agreed..Kyron is still out there and missing and should be the main focus. but the sex thing wouldn't be out there and shouldn't be out there if one of the main POI was not engaging in the sex thing..AFTER the child goes missing..the very child that she was the last person to see....therefore, I can see why it is being heavily discussed...there is something very wrong with this step mom in my opinion...and she did something to this child...all just my opinion of course...

You are definitely right.  I just can't help but seeing the media practically drooling with delight when sex issues pop up.

All the focus is on Terri.  Of course, part of it should be, because she was the last person to see Kyron.  However, the most important thing is her movements of that day.  If that day includes the sexting, then that part should definitely be scrutinized.  Otherwise, it just shows her callousness, but shouldn't be a main focus.

I understand there was a man who believes he may have seen Terri in the white truck about 9:45 the morning Kyron disappeared.  Has that already been posted here? 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #702 on: July 13, 2010, 10:32:42 AM »

Michelle Sigona was on one of the HLN shows last night, and said Michael Cook was "supposedly" in Wash. D.C. or going there this week. I hope LE is tracking his movements as well.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #703 on: July 13, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »

Former FBI Special Agent Brad Garrett said investigators' decision to release the damaging court documents was one more sign they were trying to force Terri Horman into cooperating with their efforts to find Kyron.
I understand that, but with her having a lawyer, I have a hard time believing that will happen. But what will be interesting is to see if this high powered lawyer continues to have Terri as his client after all this has come out.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #704 on: July 13, 2010, 10:45:06 AM »

From the Album - Kiara's First Birthday (November 2009):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=861618&id=1264414625&fbid=1284531314426#!/photo.php?pid=866720&id=1264414625&fbid=1286441922190

She couldn't wait for Kyron to come back before taking the photo of HIS glass?

This was actually taken the day of Kiara's first birthday party at the Horman home.  This would have been right around the time Terri was attempting to hire someone to kill Kaine:

Good morning, all!  As you can see, I'm running way behind.  It's very significant, IMO, that apparently Terri didn't bother waiting for Kyron to come back from the bathroom so she could re-take the pic with him.  I really don't like this pic because it says a lot to me.  Who takes the camera along to their son's class on their daughter's birthday, just to snap of shot of her with their son's classmates?  Seriously, who thinks like that?  Isn't that going a little overboard? I have to wonder if Kyron wasn't living in the shadow of "Princess Kiara" to some extent.   We all know pictures can lie about family relationships.  Case in point, Terri smiling below when she's days/weeks away from *allegedly* hiring somebody to kill a very relaxed-looking Kaine.
Two more things:
    [liISome fellow monkeys seem to be under the impression Terri helped with Kyron's science fair project.  By Terri's own admission, she helped little and this was primarily a father-son project.[/li]
    [li]I'd be really angry to find that another parent had pics of my child, her school name & grade, and relative age (by association) posted on her public Facebook page where any pedophile could see it!  Talk about breach of school security and invasion of privacy.  She might as well just advertise those classmates![/li]
    [/list]
    All MOO, as usual.  Off to catch up.

Forecast for the Day:
    God is reigning and the Son is shining.
    mediamama
    Scared Monkey

« Reply #705 on: July 13, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »

FYI - I'd rather not post photos and personal information on Michael Cook's wife/ex-wife as from what I've seen they are divorced and she has nothing to do with this. 

On a similar note, every time I see the class pic sans Kyron being posted, it kinda bothers me too. I understand that it may speak to TH's character/motive/etc, but those are 7- and 8-year-olds who don't have anything to do with this case either. Just trying to put myself in the shoes of the parents of that class at Skyline...

I understand but the livelyhoods of those children won't be affected. 

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining. Smile

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
    Hiding Monkey
    Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #706 on: July 13, 2010, 10:52:29 AM »

From the Album - Kiara's First Birthday (November 2009):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=861618&id=1264414625&fbid=1284531314426#!/photo.php?pid=866720&id=1264414625&fbid=1286441922190

She couldn't wait for Kyron to come back before taking the photo of HIS glass?

This was actually taken the day of Kiara's first birthday party at the Horman home.  This would have been right around the time Terri was attempting to hire someone to kill Kaine:

Good morning, all!  As you can see, I'm running way behind.  It's very significant, IMO, that apparently Terri didn't bother waiting for Kyron to come back from the bathroom so she could re-take the pic with him.  I really don't like this pic because it says a lot to me.  Who takes the camera along to their son's class on their daughter's birthday, just to snap of shot of her with their son's classmates?  Seriously, who thinks like that?  Isn't that going a little overboard? I have to wonder if Kyron wasn't living in the shadow of "Princess Kiara" to some extent.   We all know pictures can lie about family relationships.  Case in point, Terri smiling below when she's days/weeks away from *allegedly* hiring somebody to kill a very relaxed-looking Kaine.
    Two more things:
      [liISome fellow monkeys seem to be under the impression Terri helped with Kyron's science fair project.  By Terri's own admission, she helped little and this was primarily a father-son project.[/li]
      [li]I'd be really angry to find that another parent had pics of my child, her school name & grade, and relative age (by association) posted on her public Facebook page where any pedophile could see it!  Talk about breach of school security and invasion of privacy.  She might as well just advertise those classmates![/li]
      [/list]
      All MOO, as usual.  Off to catch up.
      I did happen to notice that the picture is cut off on the right.  I wonder if Kyron is in the pic and we're just not seeing it?  Also I wondered if possibly he might have taken the pic?  Just my thoughts...
      no rose colored glasses
      Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: July 13, 2010, 10:55:59 AM »

You are right ISpy, didn't think that much of it because when my kids were little there was no such thing as myspace and fb. If I had little kids now, I would not like it.
      no rose colored glasses
      Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: July 13, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »

Hiding Monkey it appears that Kyron was not in the picture because of the comment that was made by Terri, but you are right one little boy's face is cut out of the picture. Following so many cases the one thing, picking apart every picture, every comment, every facial expression, while I'm not complaining, I would really hate to see my every statement that I have made, and every picture I took or am in, being picked apart. Sometimes things are suspicious and sometimes things are just what they are without any hidden agenda. Now deciding what is suspicious and what isn't can be interesting.
      cookie
      Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: July 13, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »

You are right ISpy, didn't think that much of it because when my kids were little there was no such thing as myspace and fb. If I had little kids now, I would not like it.

agree....

and I also say/agree, why didn't Terri wait until Kyron was in the picture or take another one with him in it? after all, it is HIS class with his classmates, not the baby's classmates jmo...

Hiding Monkey
      Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #710 on: July 13, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »

Hiding Monkey it appears that Kyron was not in the picture because of the comment that was made by Terri, but you are right one little boy's face is cut out of the picture. Following so many cases the one thing, picking apart every picture, every comment, every facial expression, while I'm not complaining, I would really hate to see my every statement that I have made, and every picture I took or am in, being picked apart. Sometimes things are suspicious and sometimes things are just what they are without any hidden agenda. Now deciding what is suspicious and what isn't can be interesting.
      Thanks NRCG for pointing her comment out to me.  I'd taken it as someone else's comment! I agree with you about the picking too.  Sometimes so much time is spent going over things that I'm wondering have we overlooked the obvious?  Do we know if there are locals now searching?  I know I would be if I lived in the area. 
      pdh3
      Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: July 13, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »

bananas, patricia, double - i posted the addresses (most recent) on 411. they appear to be 15 minutes away. i posted in reference to a post on the kyron horman open discussion forum. rhonda posted this: He says himself, smiling, "Kaine and Terri live right up the street from me".
      i'm searching for that link where he says it, bc the link right under that doesn;t show it (unless i overlooked it bc i'm so tired). maybe he said that bc it's a straight shot to his house...but still 15 minutes driving distance? my eyes are crossing. If you go to the khod fb a/c, then click on discussions, it's under this heading "Michael Cook - Terri's lover??". i'm trying.....

It's so odd, all day long yesterday (monday) in watching this about Michael unfold before our very eyes.  And seeing it written like that, "Michael Cook - Terri's lover??"....... just odd.  Because for the past couple of weeks, word on the street (rumors) have been about Kaine and a certain Michael Cook being lovers.. not Terri and Michael.  And I just have to wonder......... <ducking baseball bats>  Could there have been something going on bet the men in the past?  Could Terri then have 'moved in on' him?  Revenge?  8 months or so ago?  Same timing as other stuff that may have happened to cause a decline in her these past many months? 

I know..... <ducking for cover>  Heading to sleep. 

Actually, Wyks, I myself thought of that. But here's what I think now:
      I think that Terri got caught when Cook gave this info to the cops. I then think that Terri &/or her fam/friends started posting online all kinds of stuff. The rumors involving Michael didn't start til a couple of days ago. Before that, it was about Phyllis & Kim. Kaine would have had to speak with his lawyer, his lawyer would have had to speak with Houze, then Houze would have told Terri...so the timing's right with respect to when the internet rumors started. If Terri's behind it, you can bet more things will come up in court to strike against her. I don't think anything will happen over the RO or the net postings (including the ones she was outed on) but I do think that every little thing will add up in the judges eyes when the time comes for her to go in front of the judge. Seems like whenever nasty rumors start on the net about Kaine, very shortly afterwards something is happening to Terri legally or with respect to Kyron. It's as if she knows something's gonna come down showing her in a bad light so she has to quick get online to defame Kaine. If it's not her, then it truly would be somebody she's close with. Then again, there's tons of kooks in the world, ya know?

Whoever posted that ugly rumor about Kaine was kind of vicious in the wording of it. I always thought the poster had an agenda....
      As if losing his son wasn't bad enough, Kaine has to put up with this stuff that is now out there on the internet forever.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
      no rose colored glasses
      Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: July 13, 2010, 12:16:48 PM »

Thanks NRCG for pointing her comment out to me.  I'd taken it as someone else's comment! I agree with you about the picking too.  Sometimes so much time is spent going over things that I'm wondering have we overlooked the obvious?  Do we know if there are locals now searching?  I know I would be if I lived in the area. 
      I am not sure about locals searching, but I don't think so.
      klaasend
      Administrator
      Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: July 13, 2010, 12:19:41 PM »

http://www.kxl.com/IN-DEPTH-AUDIO--Is-Terri-Horman-In-Contempt-of-Cou/7673409

Is Terri Horman in Contempt of Court?

Posted: Monday, 12 July 2010 7:57PM

Is Terri Horman In Contempt of Court?

Jeremy Scott Reporting
      jeremy.scott@alphabroadcasting.com

Sunday, the biological parents of seven-year-old Kyron Horman said this week would be tied up with law enforcement obligations.  The start of the week sure showed signs of it.  We learned that Kaine Horman filed paperwork to have his estranged wife Terri held in contempt of court for leaking the contents of a restraining order.  The person in question is Kaine's high school friend, Michael Cook, a man KXL spoke with exclusively last week.  The claim is that pictures were taken and that Cook mapped out Kaine's new address through Google.  A sexual relationship is alleged between Terri and Mr. Cook.  Also coming to light is an alleged attempted kidnapping plot two weeks ago at the gym Kaine frequents.

Terri Horman is moving out of the Northwest Portland home in question, having not contested Kaine's request to do so through an addendum to a restraining order, allowing for his return and that of the Horman's 19-month-old daughter.  No timeline was given for such.

KXL Legal Expert Bruce McCain, an attorney, has been following this case from the start and reacts to all these developments:

Audio at the link above
      no rose colored glasses
      Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: July 13, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5518122/kyrons_law_sign_a_petition_to_mandate.html?cat=9            A petition
      Babybear
      Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: July 13, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »

I, for one, do not find this filing to be merely the airing of "dirty laundry". 

I think of Desiree.  Does anyone think that Desiree has been pre-occupied with 'sexting' or taking pics of herself in various stages of undress or sexual activity in the last two weeks?  It's a ridiculous thought. 

So, while Desiree, and yes - even Kaine - has been suffering the loss of their son, not knowing his whereabouts or the state of his wellbeing...this is what Terri has been doing.

It turns the stomach.

This is why this type of information is important to LE.  Terri isn't concerned about Kyron. 

Terri is concerned about Terri.

Motive, means and opportunity.  This all goes to motive.

Tell the truth, Terri!

As I said before, she TH is a blackhearted woman.  Who?  Who? Who would be engaging in sexting during this time?  I can tell you just from the one time I thought my daughter was missing at Kyron's age, I was panicky and hysterical.... there was no room in my head for any thoughts but where my daughter was.  It turned out she was at a girl scout meeting that had been left in a phone message which was garbled.  We had the police scouring the school in minutes.

I agree with both of you.

And I agree with all three of you. 

I find it disturbing that some on the internet jump on and believe any dirty rumor about Kaine, but here it is in court documents about Terri's escapades, and it's just airing of dirty linen and not important to finding Kyron.

Well, I think it is much more than dirty linen and I think it is extremely important to the case.  It shows what Terri is capable of and what she is doing while many are searching for Kyron and devastated at his dissapearance.  It shows her disinterest in Kyron's fate and perhaps that she knows what happened to him and is just moving on with her trashy life.  It shows that Terri might not be a fit mother for Kiara and this likely will play a part in any hearing for visitation or joint custody.

I believe it is possible, and note that I said possible, That Michael Cook, being a friend of Kaine's might have set this up at the behest and assistance of LE or Kaine.  It might be a way to be able to arrest Terri and put her in the slammer to cool her heels and her sexting for a few days.  I think this just might put pressure on her to tell what she knows about Kyron's disappearance. I don't insist this is true.  I know no more or less than anyone else.

I have noticed that many people, once having taken an initial side in any argument or situation, will dig in their heels and insist they are right even though evidence and common sense prove otherwise.  It's as if they fear being wrong about their instincts or judgement.  I've noticed this particularly in divorces.  Whichever party gets to a person first, that person takes the side of the party which told them first and they will die before they will say they were wrong.

But at the end of the day, it isn't important what any of us on the internet think.  What is important is that LE is hopefully working to find Kyron and taking whatever steps are legal and necessary to achieve that end. And if this is one of their efforts, I hope it works.  I hope Kyron is alive.  I doubt that he is, though.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
      Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
      ISpy
      Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: July 13, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »

Kyron Horman's Father Said to File for Divorce, Restraining Order Against Wife

By BARBARA PINTO and SARAH NETTER
      June 29, 2010

If she went to get her child on the 28 th why didn't they let her he didn't file yet?

Still behind, but gaining ground.  LOL!  Some gyms/Wellness Centers have a policy that the person signing in the child has to sign out the child.  It protects them from liability, in the event of parental abduction.  The gym employees was (rightfully) suspicious that Terri was asking about Kaine's workout schedule. Given the fact that Terri and Kaine had regularly used that gym for years, what reason could she possibly have for asking the employee to notify her the next time Kaine came to work out? Also given the circumstances of Kyron's disappearance and that Kaine clearly had not shared his workout schedule with his wife, the gym employee was spot on with calling police.  Keep in mind, most people who are gym regulars develop a sort of relationship with the employees.  Employees are often privvy to their personal lives, just like hairdressers.  Clearly, the employee ascertained that Terri was acting out of character and felt the need to protect Kiara and Kaine.  If I were Kaine, that employee would be getting a personal Thank You and big tip/gift card for a nice restaurant to show my appreciation for going above and beyond for my child.

Side note:  Churches also sometimes have the same sign-in policy because they may be the last to know in a domestic situation. That happened once in my five-year old class at church several years ago.  The father (who had a history of violence/alcohol & drug abuse) had beat the mother up Saturday night, fled, and was being sought by police.  He totally adored his 5yr old and the church was alerted that he may try to kidnap her from church and run.  That was an interesting morning. NOT!  It's an unsettling feeling to go through a 2hr class, knowing security is patrolling outside your door, while you're mentally rehearsing evacuation plans, alternative exits from a second floor, and the best places to provide cover for the children (and hide a child-who equally adores her father- if necessary).  A good reason, IMO, for churches to have either paid security or trained concealed-weapon carrying security.  Just saying...

Forecast for the Day:
      klaasend
      Administrator
      Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: July 13, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »

I think that's a good idea
      no rose colored glasses
      Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: July 13, 2010, 12:37:41 PM »

Me too
      ISpy
      Monkey Junky

« Reply #719 on: July 13, 2010, 12:43:42 PM »

I'll have to play catch up later, I have work to do.  Praying for Kyron and confident he will be found, just as Caylee was. Take good care everyone and have a great day!

dintexas-Will be praying for you and yours.  Sad 

Forecast for the Day:
      Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
        Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.