April 25, 2024, 05:40:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #5 7/11/10 - 7/13/10  (Read 216126 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #720 on: July 13, 2010, 12:44:48 PM »

I'll have to play catch up later, I have work to do.  Praying for Kyron and confident he will be found, just as Caylee was. Take good care everyone and have a great day!

dintexas-Will be praying for you and yours.  Sad 
Lot to catch up on, have a good day 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: July 13, 2010, 12:49:21 PM »

"Kyron's Law": Sign a Petition to Mandate Security Cameras in All Schools
Adjust font-size: +  –  Published June 23, 2010 by:
Julia Bodeeb

me too, do we have  a dedicated petition thread

i hope all the BS that TH has caused, gets LE closer to finding kyron

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #722 on: July 13, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »

http://www.kxl.com/IN-DEPTH-AUDIO--Is-Terri-Horman-In-Contempt-of-Cou/7673409

Is Terri Horman in Contempt of Court?

Posted: Monday, 12 July 2010 7:57PM

Is Terri Horman In Contempt of Court?

Jeremy Scott Reporting
jeremy.scott@alphabroadcasting.com

Sunday, the biological parents of seven-year-old Kyron Horman said this week would be tied up with law enforcement obligations.  The start of the week sure showed signs of it.  We learned that Kaine Horman filed paperwork to have his estranged wife Terri held in contempt of court for leaking the contents of a restraining order.  The person in question is Kaine's high school friend, Michael Cook, a man KXL spoke with exclusively last week.  The claim is that pictures were taken and that Cook mapped out Kaine's new address through Google.  A sexual relationship is alleged between Terri and Mr. Cook.  Also coming to light is an alleged attempted kidnapping plot two weeks ago at the gym Kaine frequents.

Terri Horman is moving out of the Northwest Portland home in question, having not contested Kaine's request to do so through an addendum to a restraining order, allowing for his return and that of the Horman's 19-month-old daughter.  No timeline was given for such.

KXL Legal Expert Bruce McCain, an attorney, has been following this case from the start and reacts to all these developments:

Audio at the link above

Hi Klaas and Monkeys

Thanks for that link and it is quite informative.   I still don't understand why the court gave Terry Kaine's address.  This is what is not making any sense to me.  The restraining order was issued to protect Kaine in a domestic violence situation so why would his location be disclosed to the person who would do him the most harm???

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: July 13, 2010, 01:12:10 PM »

You are right ISpy, didn't think that much of it because when my kids were little there was no such thing as myspace and fb. If I had little kids now, I would not like it.

agree....

and I also say/agree, why didn't Terri wait until Kyron was in the picture or take another one with him in it? after all, it is HIS class with his classmates, not the baby's classmates jmo...

Add me to that agreement. Terri should've taken a photo that included Kyron, but Kiara is the real star in that scene. I also think it was unkind to post that caption. It's a subtle dig at a 7 year old child in a very public way. I think that photo is chilling in it's implications, and I don't think I'm reading more into it than is there. It's a photo that made a lot of posters feel uncomfortable, and kind of sad for Kyron. Terri dismisses Kyron so easily. It's easy to see which child she puts at the center of her life.....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: July 13, 2010, 01:20:03 PM »

From the Album - Kiara's First Birthday (November 2009):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=861618&id=1264414625&fbid=1284531314426#!/photo.php?pid=866720&id=1264414625&fbid=1286441922190

She couldn't wait for Kyron to come back before taking the photo of HIS glass?

This was actually taken the day of Kiara's first birthday party at the Horman home.  This would have been right around the time Terri was attempting to hire someone to kill Kaine:

Good morning, all!  As you can see, I'm running way behind.  It's very significant, IMO, that apparently Terri didn't bother waiting for Kyron to come back from the bathroom so she could re-take the pic with him.  I really don't like this pic because it says a lot to me.  Who takes the camera along to their son's class on their daughter's birthday, just to snap of shot of her with their son's classmates?  Seriously, who thinks like that?  Isn't that going a little overboard? I have to wonder if Kyron wasn't living in the shadow of "Princess Kiara" to some extent.   We all know pictures can lie about family relationships.  Case in point, Terri smiling below when she's days/weeks away from *allegedly* hiring somebody to kill a very relaxed-looking Kaine.
Two more things:
    [liISome fellow monkeys seem to be under the impression Terri helped with Kyron's science fair project.  By Terri's own admission, she helped little and this was primarily a father-son project.[/li]
    [li]I'd be really angry to find that another parent had pics of my child, her school name & grade, and relative age (by association) posted on her public Facebook page where any pedophile could see it!  Talk about breach of school security and invasion of privacy.  She might as well just advertise those classmates![/li]
    [/list]
    All MOO, as usual.  Off to catch up.

From the Album - Kiara's First Birthday (November 2009):

She couldn't wait for Kyron to come back before taking the photo of HIS glass?

This was actually taken the day of Kiara's first birthday party at the Horman home.  This would have been right around the time Terri was attempting to hire someone to kill Kaine:

Good morning, all!  As you can see, I'm running way behind.  It's very significant, IMO, that apparently Terri didn't bother waiting for Kyron to come back from the bathroom so she could re-take the pic with him.  I really don't like this pic because it says a lot to me.  Who takes the camera along to their son's class on their daughter's birthday, just to snap of shot of her with their son's classmates?  Seriously, who thinks like that?  Isn't that going a little overboard? I have to wonder if Kyron wasn't living in the shadow of "Princess Kiara" to some extent.   We all know pictures can lie about family relationships.  Case in point, Terri smiling below when she's days/weeks away from *allegedly* hiring somebody to kill a very relaxed-looking Kaine.
    Two more things:
      [liISome fellow monkeys seem to be under the impression Terri helped with Kyron's science fair project.  By Terri's own admission, she helped little and this was primarily a father-son project.[/li]
      [li]I'd be really angry to find that another parent had pics of my child, her school name & grade, and relative age (by association) posted on her public Facebook page where any pedophile could see it!  Talk about breach of school security and invasion of privacy.  She might as well just advertise those classmates![/li]
      [/list]
      All MOO, as usual.  Off to catch up.

The class picture sans Kyron says volumes to me.  She was taking the picture and it strikes me strange that she didn't want to position Kyron next to his sister.  Also, her excuse...he had slipped out to go to the bathroom [sigh].  That statement is almost flippant -- no Kyron?  Oh, well...we will move on with life with OUR child.  This little picture, IMHO, provides a great deal of insight into how Terri really felt about her "stepson."  As long as he was the only child, she was tolerant of him.  Once she had her own baby, Kyron was probably viewed by her as an annoying (ADHD kids can be) distraction to the IDEAL family she was trying to create.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
      Hiding Monkey
      Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #725 on: July 13, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »

Jeremy Scott Reporting

Sunday, the biological parents of seven-year-old Kyron Horman said this week would be tied up with law enforcement obligations.  The start of the week sure showed signs of it.  We learned that Kaine Horman filed paperwork to have his estranged wife Terri held in contempt of court for leaking the contents of a restraining order.  The person in question is Kaine's high school friend, Michael Cook, a man KXL spoke with exclusively last week.  The claim is that pictures were taken and that Cook mapped out Kaine's new address through Google.  A sexual relationship is alleged between Terri and Mr. Cook.  Also coming to light is an alleged attempted kidnapping plot two weeks ago at the gym Kaine frequents.

Terri Horman is moving out of the Northwest Portland home in question, having not contested Kaine's request to do so through an addendum to a restraining order, allowing for his return and that of the Horman's 19-month-old daughter.  No timeline was given for such.

KXL Legal Expert Bruce McCain, an attorney, has been following this case from the start and reacts to all these developments:

Audio at the link above

Hi Klaas and Monkeys

Thanks for that link and it is quite informative.   I still don't understand why the court gave Terry Kaine's address.  This is what is not making any sense to me.  The restraining order was issued to protect Kaine in a domestic violence situation so why would his location be disclosed to the person who would do him the most harm???

I think it was another error on the Court's behalf, something they overlooked.  They also mispelled several last names in the documents.  They need to employ a proof-reader before they send out these documents IMO.  With the Court making these mistakes, kinda makes you wonder what other mistakes have been made, doesn't it?  We should all be thankful that nothing happened with Kaine and Kiara with the address error.
      4getUnot
      Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #726 on: July 13, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »

Julia Bodeeb

I'm not so sure if this is a good idea to mandate something like this at a time when most county budgets are stretched to provide basic protections such as law enforcement etc.  IMO a Kyron's diappearance may have been prevented if the school would have adhered to their own policies regarding student and visitor check in and check out.  We would at least know if Kyron was indeed there that morning and if he wasn't there all the security camera's in the world wouldn't do any good. 

pdh3
      Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: July 13, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »

Jeremy Scott Reporting

Audio at the link above

Hi Klaas and Monkeys

This is the explanation I read:
      In order for her to comply, she had to know where Kaine was living. That way, if she showed up in front of his new residence, she could not claim she didn't know he was staying there. She was informed of his location, and told not to come near it so that it was made clear to her where she could not go.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
      no rose colored glasses
      Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #728 on: July 13, 2010, 01:31:18 PM »

Julia Bodeeb

I'm not so sure if this is a good idea to mandate something like this at a time when most county budgets are stretched to provide basic protections such as law enforcement etc.  IMO a Kyron's diappearance may have been prevented if the school would have adhered to their own policies regarding student and visitor check in and check out.  We would at least know if Kyron was indeed there that morning and if he wasn't there all the security camera's in the world wouldn't do any good. 

Again, I have forgotten the cost of this, I always forget money, and it would be expensive I'm sure.
      4getUnot
      Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #729 on: July 13, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »

pdh3 Thank you for your response and do you have a link to that explanation?  TIA

Titch
      Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: July 13, 2010, 01:42:10 PM »

Kaine's address...This is my understanding: I was under the assumption that Kaine moved out to remove his daughter, as well as himself, from the immediate threatening situation at hand. How would Terri know to stay a certain distance away if she wasn't aware of his temp residence? Also, Kaine & Kiara aren't in protective custody & aren't part of the witness protection program, so how could there be a safehouse of sorts involved? I think it was only temporary & done to alleviate any potential problem when attempting to get Terri to move out herself...this way Kiara wasn't witness to any of it (maybe).
      newfie
      Scared Monkey

« Reply #731 on: July 13, 2010, 01:51:53 PM »

Hi ALL, I think the schools could throw fundraisers to help offset the cost of the camera's. I think most parents along with the PTA would be all for that. Selling candybars, wrapping paper etc. and advertising what the money would be used for.  I too agree that statement under the pic was flippant. I stated earlier in a thread I found it rude. It was if she was trying to paint Kyron in a bad light. I wonder if Kyron showed any signs of emotional abuse in the past 6 months or so? Hiding monkey, sorry about your stepmom ordeal. What a horrible thing to say to someone. Not all stepmoms are bad, I know some great one's. Terri showed signs of her ignoring her daughter as well. She posted comments on her facebook about her daughter fingerpainting the couch with yogurt. That was probably happening while she was playing her internet games instead of playing with her child.  Toddlers need constant care and it may have been a matter of time before Kiara became a bother to her.
      newfie
      Scared Monkey

« Reply #732 on: July 13, 2010, 01:57:16 PM »

Signs of Emotional Maltreatment
      Consider the possibility of emotional maltreatment when the child:
      Shows extremes in behavior, such as overly compliant or demanding behavior, extreme passivity, or aggression
      Is either inappropriately adult (parenting other children, for example) or inappropriately infantile (frequently rocking or head-banging, for example)
      Is delayed in physical or emotional development
      Has attempted suicide
      Reports a lack of attachment to the parent
      Consider the possibility of emotional maltreatment when the parent or other adult caregiver:

Constantly blames, belittles, or berates the child
      Is unconcerned about the child and refuses to consider offers of help for the child's problems
      Overtly rejects the child
      4getUnot
      Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #733 on: July 13, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »

Kaine's address...This is my understanding: I was under the assumption that Kaine moved out to remove his daughter, as well as himself, from the immediate threatening situation at hand. How would Terri know to stay a certain distance away if she wasn't aware of his temp residence? Also, Kaine & Kiara aren't in protective custody & aren't part of the witness protection program, so how could there be a safehouse of sorts involved? I think it was only temporary & done to alleviate any potential problem when attempting to get Terri to move out herself...this way Kiara wasn't witness to any of it (maybe).

Thanks Titch.  I guess what I'm thinking of is battered women's shelters and in NC they are most often in undisclosed locations that only LE is privy to.  This affords the utmost security and protection to individuals literally in fear for their lives, however it is not fail safe.  Most often LE gets involved when the victims seek immediate relief with a RO and are accompanied by LE to the former residence to get personal items and then are taken to a battered women's shelter in an undisclosed location.  On the other hand an abuser could be forced to leave the home an ordered to stay away until things are settled in court.  In that case the abuser would know the location of the victim.  But that is in NC and Oregon is probably much different.

WesleyBear
      Scared Monkey

« Reply #734 on: July 13, 2010, 02:01:38 PM »

You are right ISpy, didn't think that much of it because when my kids were little there was no such thing as myspace and fb. If I had little kids now, I would not like it.

agree....

and I also say/agree, why didn't Terri wait until Kyron was in the picture or take another one with him in it? after all, it is HIS class with his classmates, not the baby's classmates jmo...

Add me to that agreement. Terri should've taken a photo that included Kyron, but Kiara is the real star in that scene. I also think it was unkind to post that caption. It's a subtle dig at a 7 year old child in a very public way. I think that photo is chilling in it's implications, and I don't think I'm reading more into it than is there. It's a photo that made a lot of posters feel uncomfortable, and kind of sad for Kyron. Terri dismisses Kyron so easily. It's easy to see which child she puts at the center of her life.....

Hi all, I have a question.....I cannot see the pic, can someone please tell me what the pic is of and what the caption says?  Thank you!!!

4getUnot
      Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #735 on: July 13, 2010, 02:02:57 PM »

Hiding Monkey thank you for your comment also and I think you may be right.

Brandi
      Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: July 13, 2010, 02:03:46 PM »

agree....

Hi all, I have a question.....I cannot see the pic, can someone please tell me what the pic is of and what the caption says?  Thank you!!!

WesleyBear
      Scared Monkey

« Reply #737 on: July 13, 2010, 02:05:04 PM »

agree....

I still can't see it.  Unfortunately  I am at work, and it shows up as an empty box with a red X in the corner.   
      Tracygirl
      Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: July 13, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »

Keeping the focus on Kyron through photos
      By KATU.com Staff
      While KATU News believes all elements surrounding the disappearance of Kyron Horman are relevant to keeping public interest in the search for Kyron, it is sensitive to the fact that many hold the opinion that the reporting of the difficulties within Kyron’s family distracts from his search. Therefore, KATU.com is publishing some of the more than 200 photographs Kyron’s family has released to the media with the intention of keeping the focus centered on finding Kyron.

Please click on the above “Gallery” tab to view the photos.
      http://www.katu.com/news/local/98299459.html

Monkey on shirt Wink

I am pages behind, but had to comment on this little face. He is just such a cutie! Of course looking at this boy, he is so little and vulnerable. I want to just scoop him up out of that pic and bring him to safety.
      Tracygirl
      Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: July 13, 2010, 02:06:31 PM »

Oh brandi I didn't see your comment until mine posted. He had a monkey shirt on...
      Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
        Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.