April 20, 2024, 01:41:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #5 7/11/10 - 7/13/10  (Read 215995 times)
Daydream
Scared Monkey

« Reply #960 on: July 13, 2010, 09:50:16 PM »

Q: What does Kyron’s room look like now? Have you made any changes to it since he disappeared?

A: DESIREE – I haven’t made any changes to his room other than to vacuum it. I still have his laundry laid out and his bed not made because I can’t bring myself to make his bed. I like to see that it looks slept in.

I found this statement odd...how long had it been since Kyron had been to his mom's? I am not nitpicking but would the bed not be made if he had not been there for a week or two?

Yeah, that statement struck me as odd, as well. I imagine it was either said to gain sympathy from moms that make their kid's beds, or for the step-mom to hear.  An "I'm a better mom than you" kind of statement. Who knows.
And some people just plain don't make their beds.

My seven year old son does not make his bed.  It is really not a big deal to me or my husband.

I don't think the discussion is whether the bed was made or not.  The discussion is why did Desiree make a point of saying this on national television. I assumed Kyron had not been sleeping at her house for at least two weeks before he went missing.  It just stood out to me as something very odd to say in defense to her response to the question. I think.

"Fantasies are more than substitutes for unpleasant reality; they are also dress rehearsals, plans. All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."
~B.G. Harrison
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: July 13, 2010, 09:50:17 PM »

I know this is a repost:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/13/kyron-hormans-stepmom-accused-abduction-attempt-sexting-friend/

July 13, 2010
Kyron Horman's Stepmom Accused of Abduction Attempt, 'Sexting' Friend

The case of missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman has taken another bizarre twist, as the boy’s stepmother — who reportedly tried to hire a gardener to kill her now-estranged husband — has been accused of carrying on a sexual relationship with her husband's high school friend and attempting to abduct her own daughter.
fox news

The case of missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman has taken another bizarre twist, as the boy’s stepmother — who reportedly tried to hire a gardener to kill her now-estranged husband — has been accused of carrying on a sexual relationship with her husband's high school friend and attempting to abduct her own daughter.

Court documents filed Monday show that Kyron's stepmom, Terri Horman, sent the friend nude images of her engaging in "graphic sexual activity" and hundreds of other explicit and solicitous text messages, the Oregonian reported.

Kyron's father Kaine Horman fled the house he shared with Terri at the end of June, filing for divorce and seeking a restraining order against her in order to retain custody of their daughter Kiara.

But just hours before that restraining order went into effect, Terri allegedly went to her husband's gym while he was working out and tried to "abduct" the 20-month-old girl from a day care session.

Authorities say Terri was the last person to see 7-year-old Kyron before he vanished from Portland's Skyline Elementary School on June 4. Though Terri has not been charged with a crime or named as a suspect by police, the boy's father told officials he believes she is involved in Kyron's disappearance.

The restraining order issued against Terri Horman tells an even tougher tale: Kaine Horman wrote in the filing that Oregon police informed him that his wife had months ago sought to hire their gardener as a contract killer. Two days after finding out, he left his home, and two days after that filed for divorce.

The court documents filed also show that Terri Horman, 40, allowed the man she had been "sexting" to photograph the sealed restraining order — illegally spreading informtation that included her husband's new address.

Click here for more on this story from the Oregonian.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #962 on: July 13, 2010, 09:50:53 PM »

I am all over the place today and will have to look into this connection between Scott & Michael.
My GD is playing in the USA Youth cup, along with several hundred other teams and their team won both of their games today, trying to catch it on Kick TV and they also have a FB page.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #963 on: July 13, 2010, 09:52:11 PM »

Considering that she is being required to move out of the home, why would Terri (or her atty?) have the nerve to ask Kaine for the money to be able to do so?  Had my ex done that when I had him removed from the home, I would have laffed in his face.  Just saying....

On a different note... Another thing I noticed is that in his court docs, Kaine is asking for Terri to pay all court costs, etc.  Gotta wonder how the heck he thinks she's gonna do that, considering that she's supposedly only held one 'paying' job before, has little to no chance of getting another one right now.  Not that I care two hoots about her financials, just seemed odd to me that he would ask for that.  IMO.   Or is that something typically included in each court case?

In both situations above... is money being used as a weapon, by each?     

Entirely possible she's had an allowance of sorts and/or she has been saving up. 

True, hadn't thought of that possibility, thanks!

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: July 13, 2010, 09:52:24 PM »

Sometimes when people are upset or nervous they say stuff that doesn't make alot of sense.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: July 13, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »

TY
the women seemed sincere, wonder if more mothers will be coming forward
with their insights to TH, im sure this women is not the only one, that questioned
her child about that morning

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #966 on: July 13, 2010, 10:01:17 PM »

Very interesting, the police have resumed their search and are looking for a family, un-named of course.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24248542/detail.html

One man, who wished to be identified only as Roger, said investigators came to his home within the past week on a tip.

"A big SUV showed up with a couple of people in it; they wanted to know if I was this certain family," he said. "They had a tip why they wanted to talk to this family. That's all they told me."

Roger said he was surprised to see searchers again because he was told they wouldn't be back.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #967 on: July 13, 2010, 10:06:32 PM »

Q: What does Kyron’s room look like now? Have you made any changes to it since he disappeared?

A: DESIREE – I haven’t made any changes to his room other than to vacuum it. I still have his laundry laid out and his bed not made because I can’t bring myself to make his bed. I like to see that it looks slept in.

I found this statement odd...how long had it been since Kyron had been to his mom's? I am not nitpicking but would the bed not be made if he had not been there for a week or two?

Yeah, that statement struck me as odd, as well. I imagine it was either said to gain sympathy from moms that make their kid's beds, or for the step-mom to hear.  An "I'm a better mom than you" kind of statement. Who knows.

My seven year old son does not make his bed.  It is really not a big deal to me or my husband.

I don't think the discussion is whether the bed was made or not.  The discussion is why did Desiree make a point of saying this on national television. I assumed Kyron had not been sleeping at her house for at least two weeks before he went missing.  It just stood out to me as something very odd to say in defense to her response to the question. I think.

Even if DY was a "relaxed" housekeeper like me who didn't bother making a bed until someone (in this case-Kyron) was coming to sleep in it, after his disappearance, the unmade bed will take on a lot of emotional significance. It is a reminder that he slept there, probably smells like him, etc. She was being questioned about an emotional subject; I think it's natural that she may bring that up.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #968 on: July 13, 2010, 10:07:53 PM »

Very interesting, the police have resumed their search and are looking for a family, un-named of course.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24248542/detail.html

One man, who wished to be identified only as Roger, said investigators came to his home within the past week on a tip.

"A big SUV showed up with a couple of people in it; they wanted to know if I was this certain family," he said. "They had a tip why they wanted to talk to this family. That's all they told me."

Roger said he was surprised to see searchers again because he was told they wouldn't be back.

It's good to know that LE does seem to be following up on tips and leads.   

d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #969 on: July 13, 2010, 10:08:04 PM »

An email from someone who is a member at IS: "from in session, not written by me:

I think it is entirely possible that Cook is the source or the leak to some of the info in this case. Maybe he even took the pic of the RO to pass it on to the media or to sell to a big news program. IDK, but I do know he has media connections according to the links below.

I posted this link earlier in the previous thread. Michael Cook is the only friend on Scott Burton's FB page. Scott Burton is a reporter on KGW in Portland and also used to work for Dateline.

Burton's profile page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...&v=wall&ref=ts

His bio on kgw.com
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us "

yesterday I posted something that was incorrect and when I went to post the correction, the server poofed.
It was LE that went to Kaine, not Cook. I reread the orginal docs.

Wow very interesting a poster at oregon live posted the following;  Honestly I don't know what to think of it, so many on forums enjoy "playing games", but then I go back to the posts on MC and they were a half-truth so to say.
Sticking with my thought people who know what is going on post things.  No doubt a battle in on with the families, and they should be beyond stable when Kyron is missing and SM won't talk.

from oregonlive>>>>>

Does anyone on here know what the poster below "love" something meant when she wrote:

"since I myself DO know the facts regarding Kyron NOT being dropped off at the school and left unattended on the playground an hour early by his SM.

Tonight may be a very historic night."

???
 (Edit to change color to blue) dinTexas, We prefer red not be used for highlighting, as it's used by admin/moderators to call attention to posts and edits.)  Thanks.  Muffy

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:11:39 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: July 13, 2010, 10:11:21 PM »

TY
with their insights to TH, im sure this women is not the only one, that questioned

Not that it really matters but this is Kurtis's older brother.  Kim Holm's older son. 
http://www.myspace.com/496471897
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #971 on: July 13, 2010, 10:15:01 PM »

Klaas - are you going to do the thread change?     

(Sorry for the OT)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #972 on: July 13, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »

And I have to say here, I have been guilty of not making my kids beds when they were gone to visit their dads when they were little..... so....... I don't really find this so odd or make any more of it than what it is.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #973 on: July 13, 2010, 10:15:12 PM »

TY

Oh yeah, I'm sure she wasn't the only one.  LE supposedly asked parents and others not to talk with the media, yet Tanner/Gma did.  Now this parent.  Hoping others will come forward.  Yet have to wonder if this one talking did that 'despite' what LE said... or... now at their encouragement perhaps? 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: July 13, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »

Klaas - are you going to do the thread change?     

(Sorry for the OT)

Yeah, I'll get it 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #975 on: July 13, 2010, 10:16:09 PM »

Friend Defends Man Named In Horman Court Docs
Police Say Michael Cook Had Pictures Of Sealed Documents In Cell Phone

POSTED: 5:57 pm PDT July 13, 2010
UPDATED: 7:10 pm PDT July 13, 2010

http://www.kptv.com/news/24249500/detail.html

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #976 on: July 13, 2010, 10:16:22 PM »

A great big monkey welcome to Spodie!!  Glad to have you!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #977 on: July 13, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »

TY

Not that it really matters but this is Kurtis's older brother.  Kim Holm's older son. 
http://www.myspace.com/496471897

Yeppers.  He fits the description of what psychics/astrologers and others have been sensing. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: July 13, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »

Glad to have you here at Scared Monkeys, Spodie.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #979 on: July 13, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »

An email from someone who is a member at IS: "from in session, not written by me:

I think it is entirely possible that Cook is the source or the leak to some of the info in this case. Maybe he even took the pic of the RO to pass it on to the media or to sell to a big news program. IDK, but I do know he has media connections according to the links below.

I posted this link earlier in the previous thread. Michael Cook is the only friend on Scott Burton's FB page. Scott Burton is a reporter on KGW in Portland and also used to work for Dateline.

Burton's profile page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...&v=wall&ref=ts

His bio on kgw.com
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us "

yesterday I posted something that was incorrect and when I went to post the correction, the server poofed.
It was LE that went to Kaine, not Cook. I reread the orginal docs.

Wow very interesting a poster at oregon live posted the following;  Honestly I don't know what to think of it, so many on forums enjoy "playing games", but then I go back to the posts on MC and they were a half-truth so to say.
Sticking with my thought people who know what is going on post things.  No doubt a battle in on with the families, and they should be beyond stable when Kyron is missing and SM won't talk.

from oregonlive>>>>>

Does anyone on here know what the poster below "love" something meant when she wrote:

"since I myself DO know the facts regarding Kyron NOT being dropped off at the school and left unattended on the playground an hour early by his SM.

Tonight may be a very historic night."

???
 (Edit to change color to blue) dinTexas, We prefer red not be used for highlighting, as it's used by admin/moderators to call attention to posts and edits.)  Thanks.  Muffy

Hmmm I'd like to know that myself!  Should we listen to the scanner or something?   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.