April 28, 2024, 05:34:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Artcolley surgery updates - SHE'S COMING HOME TODAY! 2/12  (Read 26002 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 06:35:57 PM »

ArtColley's Daughter here,

My stepdad called tonight I really do not know more than I did earlier.
He has left the hospital for the night for her to rest. They have her "morphed" up to ease the apparant discomfort in her head, well DUH, I would hurt too if I had a drill go through the back of my head.   Confused

The new news is however, she may be moved to a regular room tonight, and word is she "may" be discharged as early as Tuesday. I am not sure at this point where that is to..if it is to come home or to a rehab facility again, I hope home here, I basically know what needs doing for her rehab, the only thing I can't help with is if she is total dependant on someone to lift her up and out or in her wheelchair, I don't have the strength. If she has to go to rehab again, we are hoping for one local and not the one they sent her to the last time which drove her totally batty with how they treated her. My Mom is a very independant strong willed woman, (in the good way) they treated her like a baby and saw her independance as having "after brain surgery" issues. Me and my brother had to explain to them she has always been like that and she was not "acting out" lol sheesh!  I guess even those kind of people needed a job somewheres...I kept reminding her to remember who SHE is, no matter what they try to get her to think or to confuse her about. I think by the time she left there not only was she ready to go but they were ready for her to go too lol. She made many friends there too though in the short time she was there, it seemed the nurses with real brains knew you don't just lump everyone as a case number, they seemed to really appreciate my Mom's individuality. In turn she enjoyed them, that's how it should be when you are recovering.

My relief is knowing that IF she has to go back there, at least she knows what to expect and how things work there.

I rambled, I tend to do that when I have had a big stress taken off..kind of like shell shock I think lol.

Thank YOU all SO much for her. I told my stepdad when he talks to her again tell her all the Monkeys send their love and prayers. You all have been a great comfort to me too. Thank you.
 I will update you all as I get news.
 Thank you again,
 ArtColley's Daughter
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 06:42:18 PM »

I too wish she had told me how to get here before that last surgery.
I didn't realize the Monkey Family she had, the last time though, was all a shock and unexpected, and I never thought to ask if there were people I should contact on the net.

Luckily this time is different on many levels.  It is scarey when one you are use to seeing and get to know suddenly drops out of sight. I can only imagine what you all must have thought the last time..Oh my. Sad

ArtColley's Daughter
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007, 06:51:37 PM »

ArtColley's daughter -

Thank you so much for the update!

This is great news:  The new news is however, she may be moved to a regular room tonight, and word is she "may" be discharged as early as Tuesday

Tell your stepdad to give her an extra hug for all of us and get that laptop battery charged, lol.  Laughing
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2007, 07:22:26 PM »

LOL! i will pass along the wishes of a speedy battery charge too then lol
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »

That is even better news!  Thank you AC's daughter, for your updates.
My husband had two major brain surgeries (anuerysms) two years ago and how I wish I had known the monkeys then.  It would have been wonderful to talk to them as it was such a stressful time with all the waiting and wondering.  I understand what you have been going through so an extra special hug for you.
By the way, when you become a monkey you will have to call yourself Artcolley's daughter  Laughing  You may even get to talk to your mother more often here than elsewhere  Wink
Prayers and hugs for you and your mother.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2007, 07:29:48 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
LOL! i will pass along the wishes of a speedy battery charge too then lol

Art's Daughter...thank you so much for the updates...the news is a blessing....send along our love and prayers for a speedy recovery.....and a big hug for you....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2007, 07:46:01 PM »

I am glad to hear all went well with the surgery! I was thinking about it all day at work and saying prayers to myself that she will make it through just fine!

ArtColleys daugter.. appreciate the updates!! Thank you so much!
Hugs sent to you and your mom and stepdad !!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »

Thank you so much Artcolley's daughter, I am so relieved to hear she's doing well even though it feels so challenging and confining to her. I see now the glowing comments she made to me about her children were all well deserved, I know you will help to make this next recuperation tolerable for her and keep her spirits up.

Please give her our love, our prayers, and tell her we're hoping she can view this recuperative period as her last hurdle, she has been through so much recently.

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2007, 08:58:58 PM »

Art's daughter~ The monkeys are wondefully supportive. I would have lost my mind last December and early January if I had not had them to "talk to". My mother had emergency surgery and was in ICU for 1 1/2 weeks. It was the scariest thing I've ever gone through. The monkeys kept me going.

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2007, 10:56:19 PM »

Thanks for the update, AC's daughter.  So thankful for the good news.  God is good.  Will continue to keep your mom, and your family in our prayers.  Give her a big hug from all of her monkey buddies.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2007, 12:42:18 AM »

Thank you art's daughter. Glad all went well for your Mom, our monkey sister! Praying for her and the family.
jobie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2007, 01:17:52 AM »

Thank you for the updates on your Mom.  She has a good support system at home and here on the boards.  Best wishes for a fast recovery.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2007, 11:55:09 AM »

Great news!  Thank you ArtColley's daughter for keeping us posted.  The others are right, she has a wonderful support system at home and we here are the backup.  Hope her recuperation goes well and if rehab is necessary hope it's effective and short lived.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2007, 02:12:57 PM »

AC's Daughter, thanks so much for the updates.  Sounds like things  are going well.  Your dear mother hasn't left my thoughts!  Will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2007, 05:23:14 PM »

Thank-You ArtColley's Daughter for the updates. She has been in my thoughts & prayers from when she first announced she was going in for her surgery, this is the first time I've been able to be here to see how things went with the surgery and the post-op stuff as well. So glad the surgery went well and things seem to be going good for now.

I will continue to hold your mom up in prayers for complete physical healing as well as prayers for you and your dad for peace & strength and wisdom & guidance for the Drs. for her care now.

Wanda~

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2007, 07:08:35 PM »

Hello All you wonderful Monkeys.. ArtColley's daughter here with another update.

I sat and waited all day to hear something, needless-to-say I kind of was going nuts with my mind rushing from one thing to another and why hadn't I heard anything.

Then the call came, my other Aunt, this time, thank God we have rellies along the way to pass things on.

VERY uplifting news, my Mom is still in ICU, but that is only because there are no beds available elsewhere..which is fine. She is walking, my Aunt said she feels like dancing, I asked if it was with assistance but she didn't know, she was just relaying what my other Aunt had told her which is at the hospital with my stepDad. Her headaches, sore eye, swollen face are all better. She had been suffering with that since the last surgery. I am not sure if that means all the nerve damage is better too, nither does my Aunt. I do not know at this point if they did another MRI as I was told they may do yesterday, so I do not know what the findings were. I was told she is also cracking jokes, always a great sign in my book.

NOW here is the SUPER news, they are saying she may be home Monday now. WOOT!

Which is good timing because I set up an appointment with a company that will be delivering an electric hospital bed with a 5 inch memory foam mattress...OHhhh she will be sleeping on clouds!! Before she went in My stepdad had arranged for one to come, but we didn't know when. I am glad I opted for the earl;iest possible time...but shucks, I won't get to "test drive " it now lol.

If I hear more I will post here as soon as I can.

Honestly I can not express what all your posts mean to me and I am sure for my Mom. I can not Thank you enough.

Sincerely,
 ArtColley's Daughter
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2007, 07:22:32 PM »

That is great news !!!!!!!!!! wooohoo !!!!! it all sounds so positive, thank you ArtColley's daughter for letting us know !!!

You are so smart to get the memory bed, i didn't know they offer those ? I had to wrap Rick's in sheepskin or it was unbearable, those regular mattresses are like plastic rectangles with no support but those mesh springs beneath.

I see you have your mother's sense of humor too, a test drive?  Laughing

Give her bunches of hugs from all of us please, a hug for you too !

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »

OMG what GREAT NEWS!  I knew she'd do better than expected!  So glad to hear her headaches and all are better too!!

HOME MONDAY!!!!!  That must be a record for that type of surgery!  Laughing
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2007, 07:36:30 PM »

Thank you so much Art Colleys daughter.

Like you we are on pins and needles waiting for your updates.

I am so glad to hear she feels like dancing. I think that had a lot to do with her big fear on this surgery. I think she was afraid she was going to have to start all of her progress from the last one all over again.

Hugs to you and all your family. Continuing prayers for your MOM.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »

I didn't know they did memory foam either on those, but I think my stepdad did some poking around to get it. He has a knack of getting things, we call him the mole lol He moles out anything someone is looking for. Or is it Ferret? Hmm ok I brain farted, but you all get what I'm saying I hope. Confused

Yes it is great news, I was thinking that was rather fast too for that kind of surgery. I do wish my stepdad would call so I could ask specifics. It is sometimes hard playing telephone, sometimes there are miscommunications.

I know her dogs will be over-thrilled to have her home early. They are all so attached to thier "MOM" . They like me too but I know why, I always come in with snacks , and I make sure her smallest gets to have "monkey time" That's what I call it when we play because of her stuffed monkey that sounds like one when she tosses it around lol.

I will be sure to post more if I hear more.
Again, Thank you all
ArtColley's Daughter Smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.