April 27, 2024, 07:08:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Artcolley surgery updates - SHE'S COMING HOME TODAY! 2/12  (Read 25974 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2007, 08:13:48 PM »

The news just gets better and better each time I check in.  ACDC (that's short for ArtColleysDaughterColley) you are so funny too.  Tell your mom we love her and have all been breathlessly waiting for any word at all.  We are so happy that the news is good each time.  

Hugs to you and mom!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2007, 08:28:22 PM »

Laughing  Laughing

Even Artcolley's avatar is happy!!  Laughing
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2007, 08:48:19 PM »

ThaNK YOU again Smile
 I am going home now. I think Im exhausted. Such a comfort it is here. Thank you,
til tomorry..
ArtColley's Daughter
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2007, 09:27:03 PM »

LilPuma dancing with joy.  God bless you, ArtColley and family!

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2007, 09:28:47 PM »

Hi Daughter! Thank you for the updates, I've been checking here for them these last 2 days. Sounds like good news.

Your family needs to take care of yourselves too - eat and rest properly. Spending a lot of time in a hospital is a way to get sick.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2007, 09:50:10 PM »

So glad to hear the news .

Art , we are all thinking of you and your family.

Laughing

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2007, 10:53:51 PM »

It's great to hear Artcolley is improving!

Art, you and you family are in our thoughts and prayers.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2007, 12:06:13 AM »

Arts daughter.. TY once again!!
I am so happy to hear your mother is up walking and wanting to dance!!! LOL
God love'er!!  What a trooper she is!!  Smile
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2007, 12:12:14 AM »

I'm with the rest of the monkeys!!!  So happy that all is going well.  ArtColley is a trouper, for sure.  

Thank you for the updates.  Prayers for you and your entire family.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2007, 01:03:12 AM »

Laughing  Laughing
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 03:50:52 AM »

Fantastic news! She'll be home and dancing before long!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2007, 05:59:47 AM »

Dear Artcolley,

The news just keeps getting better and better... keep it that way.. but becareful too of overdoing it. Sometimes we feel so good after feeling so bad, that we overdo it.

Keep us posted. Miss you,

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2007, 09:37:32 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys,
ArtColley's Daughter here,

When I got home last night my step dad called so I was able to ask specifics.

They did do an angeogram (sp?)/ MRI the night of the surgery, they found they got EVERYTHING! Nothing is left to be worrisome in the future! Smile

The other thing I wanted clarified has been..she is walking WITHOUT assistance!!!! Smile

I also was a bit curious as to what they were calling a bleeder BEFORE that operation but found nothing when they went in. Well that has been explained, evidently I wasn't the only one that was a bit confused about that.
  What she had was not a bleeder, it was a leaker, hmmm to the layman I guess that would sound like the same thing, if you have blood coming where it shouldn't be that's a bleeder, right?? !  But the doctor clarified that to my stepdad. Leaker is just that, seeping but not actively bleeding, which I gather bleeders are worse, which she had the first time. Hence the major discomfort, causing pressure, etc.
 I am sure when my Mom starts posting here she can make even more sense of it all, I am still a bit sketchy on it all, this whole playing telephone and all, nothing is totally sunk in until I can sit and talk about it.

From the sounds of it this operation cleared up everything that was still a discomfort from the first, she's sharp as a pin now, not fading from exhaustion, which she was tiring way too easy before, just walking from one end of the house to the other or going for a drive wore her out ever since the last one, that seems gone..unless she is in a eurphoric state right now? Oh I asked if she was still being "morphed" up..NOPE , my stepdad said even a nurse came in while he was there and said to her "it's been 6 hours since your last pain reliever, do need any?" My Mom said, "Nope, my headache is gone."

Seems this operation was the miracle she needed to end all the discomfort, unsureness, uneasiness, etc. Maybe now she can be comfortable in her own body again without fearing it will let out on her at anytime. Must been a terrible trauma knowing something was going on in you like a time bomb waiting to be set off. I know for the last week that's all she thought about, eating away at her. That's what I meant by the time she got there she was probably mentally exhausted and just happy for them to get it done with.

As a family member and watching her go through that was the worse thing ever, you feel helpless, you want to make it go away but you can't, you tell them they will be ok, but they are so scared they can't see past the fears. All you can do is pray and have patience. One thing I told her which I always believed, God does not hand you anything he knows you can not handle. I always found comfort and strength in believing that. I can cry now, for thankfulness, I couldn't before, I didn't let myself.

I rambled yet again, I am still on my first cuppa. Hard to bleieve, but I truely am not a chatter, lol yet I posted more here than I have in years. I also am not a terribly "gushy Mushy " person, yet I see I have been. You have a wonderfully comforting atmosphere here. Though I have not addressed each of your posts individualy, I am ever so Thankful you all have been here with your prayers, wishes, and love.

Thank you to you all,
I will post any updates when I get them,
Sincerely, ArtColley's Daughter
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »

Artcolley's Daughter,

You aren't being gushy, I think  we all feel as you do when someone so precious as a parent's life or well-being is threatened ! We know how much you love her, it's lovely to see.

I'm just so glad to hear this and so glad to know now she will find greater pleasure and joy in each day, in enjoying her family and her collies, and in her art !

I hope you get some rest too, you deserve it !

Hugs !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2007, 12:47:35 PM »

Arts daughter!
  Thank you once again for the update!!!  Smile
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2007, 12:52:12 PM »

Such great news, Art Colleys daughter. Walking without help.

I know that has been one of her major concerns that she would have to be rehabbed the same way she was before. Plus all the stuff she has had to endure since. I am continuing to pray for your entire family. God is good.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2007, 12:58:37 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Laughing  Laughing

Smile  Love it Klaas~!!  The puppy is even dancing!!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2007, 01:01:04 PM »

lol the avatar is adorable !

I haven't recieved any more word as of yet today.
 I am hoping though to be able to somehow talk to her today.

I will continue to keep you all posted.

ArtColley's daughter
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2007, 01:05:54 PM »

WHOOHOO! Wonderful, wonderful news! A's daughter~ I know just how you felt with going through that. It's an awful feeling. Such a relief when it is over and knowing that there is going to be more time to be had with Mother. XXOO

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2007, 03:20:23 PM »

Dear Art Colley's Daughter...i have so enjoyed your "gabby" posts...lol!! please continue to do so! isn't it strange to be able to express your feelings on a forum of seemingly faceless strangers??? but it is what draws each of us here...we all feel it...really no way to describe it and give it justice! no doubt about it, the people here are a loving, caring group who are an inspiration..makes you prould to be a monkey Laughing  Laughing
give your mom my best, so happy to hear the progress!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.