March 28, 2024, 06:23:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen Girl Kidnapped and Chained to Metal Rack  (Read 6241 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 25, 2010, 08:54:48 PM »

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/082310-teen-kidnapped-and-chained-to-metal-rack?obref=obnetwork
Teen Kidnapped and Chained to Metal Rack
August 23, 2010

Thomas Rowberry (photo by Shelby County Jail)

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A Raleigh man is facing kidnapping and attempted rape of a minor charges.

49-year old Thomas Rowberry was arrested over the weekend in connection with an assault on a 15-year old girl.

The victim told police Rowberry handcuffed, blindfolded and taped her mouth shut before chaining her to a metal rack in a garage near Stage and Covington Pike.

Police said Rowberry told them he did it because he wanted to see if she got aroused.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:56:42 PM »

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/082310-neighbors-react-to-teen-abduction-and-attempted-rape
(with video)
Neighbors React to Teen Abduction and Attempted Rape
August 23, 2010

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - People in Raleigh are reacting to a neighbor who is behind bars for kidnapping and attempted rape. Thomas Rowberry was picked up Friday night after police say he cuffed, chained and blindfolded a 15-year old girl in his garage.

Rowberry remained behind bars Monday on $50,000 bond.

When explaining to neighbors the charges that got him there, FOX13 got expressions and comments of serious concern.

"My daughter is 16," said Beauty Simpson, mother in the community.

Simpson didn't like what she heard when we informed her why we were near her home Monday afternoon. Our news of a teenage girl's alleged kidnapping and attempted rape, immediately had her thinking of her own teen daughter.

"If someone did my kid like that, I mean, I don't know what I would do."

Police say around 6:30 Friday night the mother of a 15-year old girl reported her daughter was the victim of attempted rape while in a garage in the 3100 block of Lynchburg street in Raleigh.

The suspect, 49-year old Thomas Rowberry, lives down the block from Tories Traick, a mother of 7.

"I'd seen the cops over the weekend. I didn't know what was going on," said Traick.

Rowberry allegedly kidnapped the girl, then handcuffed and chained her to a metal rack in the garage behind his house .

The teen says Rowberry also blindfolded her and taped her mouth shut.

According to police, Rowberry told them he did it to see if the teen would get aroused.

"Of course he must not be thinking rationally. He really needs to be taken away out of this neighborhood," said Simpson.

The teen said Rowberry released her before anything happened but told her not to tell anyone. Only she did, and police arrested Rowberry at his house within an hour of the call.

Police say the 15-year old had minor injuries from the handcuffs and chains. They also say the garage where she was temporarily held was well over 100 degrees.

No one from Rowberry's family wanted to speak with us.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.