April 30, 2024, 08:22:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #6 7/13/10 - 7/17/10  (Read 249133 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2010, 10:56:53 AM »

Avery could very well know things. Maybe not about that day, but things he heard while playing with Kyron. Kids that age very seldom miss a beat.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2010, 11:01:13 AM »

SAUVIE ISLAND

It was a press conference by LE.  A press conference is to reveal answers to reporter's questions that do not compromise the investigation.

Janet

+++++

Kyron Horman investigation: Transcript of interview with Sheriff Dan Staton
Published: Friday, July 02, 2010, 4:03 PM
Updated: Saturday, July 03, 2010, 12:03 AM

Helen Jung and Kate Mather, staff writers for The Oregonian, interviewed Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton this morning about the ongoing search for Kyron Horman. Here are the transcribed excerpts of the interview:

Jung: "There are a couple of other things that we had heard. One: Sauvie Island, that there were cell phone pings from Terri Horman's cell phone that pinpointed her on being Sauvie Island the day of Kyron's disappearance. Can you talk about that at all?"

Staton: "That portion of the investigation I can't talk about. I'm sorry."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »

http://wweek.com/editorial/3636/14268/

Why the Kyron Horman investigation is moving at its own pace.

snip...

People want to know why an arrest hasn’t been made,” says Jim McIntyre, a former top Multnomah County prosecutor turned defense lawyer. “What they skip over is that we don’t even know if Kyron Horman is dead or alive.”

Without locating Kyron, observers say it’s difficult—but not impossible—to charge anyone with a specific crime.

“As long as there’s no body, there’s this shadow of a doubt that he could be out there somewhere,” says a police detective who asked not to be identified. “As cold as it sounds, I think part of what law enforcement is doing is hanging back and waiting for her to do something stupid.”

The case has gained obsessive followers from around the nation. But law-enforcement sources say investigators are in no rush to arrest Terri Horman for two reasons. First, there’s little indication she poses a danger to the public. Second, she’s closely watched and unlikely to flee undetected.

That means law enforcement has time to carefully construct a case. Once suspects are in custody, they can demand a trial within 60 days under Oregon law. And prosecutors get only one chance in court to obtain a conviction.

snip...http://wweek.com/editorial/3636/14268/

Forgive if this has been already posted.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2010, 11:47:14 AM »

THE TODAY'S SHOW

Kyron Horman's mother Desiree Young says boy's disappearance was 'very planned'
Published: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 6:03 AM
Updated: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 6:35 AM

Desiree Young, mother of missing Kyron Horman, in an Oregonian file photo. Young told a national news show that she is convinced Terri Moulton Horman is responsible for her son's disappearance.Kyron Horman's mother and stepfather are convinced the boy's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, is responsible for his disappearance, according to an interview that aired on this morning's "Today" show.

"Without a doubt," Desiree Young said, Terri Horman plotted the boy's disappearance.

"I think it was very planned," she said, sitting next to her husband, Medford police detective Tony Young.

"I absolutely believe that Terri Horman is responsible for Kyron's disappearance," he said.

Desiree Young said she overlooked warning signs from her son before he vanished.

She described "red flags," such as Kyron's increasing unhappiness with returning to his father and stepmother's Portland home after visiting his mother.

"He wanted to come live with us," she said. "Several times he would just break down and sob because he wanted to stay."

She said she's guilt-stricken that she wasn't there to protect him and that she missed the science fair – the last time anyone saw the Skyline second-grader.

Desiree Young also responded to new allegations that Terri Horman sent explicit texts to a high school friend of Kyron's father, Kaine. "It's disgusting," she said.

Desiree Young issued a plea for her son's safe return: "To the person or persons that have Kyron, I miss my son so much that I can't breathe at times. Please let him go. Just take him to a remote pay phone or somewhere out of the way and tell him to call 9-1-1."

-- The Oregonian

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_desiree_y_1.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »

http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/

A fisherwoman sighted a white pickup truck rolling something into the river just north of the SI (Sauvie Island) bridge the morning Kyron went missing and that tip was called into tipline although we don't know what sort of follow up they have done

Info given to the psychics by a local, when it was realized that one of the psychics has sensed a container moving in the water, which could have worked itself loose or something, and is now floating in the current.  They were trying to alert the tipline and the River Patrol tonight, and figure out a way to report this without saying the word 'psychic', so LE might actually take the tipster seriously.  Sigh. 

Guess it's something to keep in mind, just in case. 

Oh, no!  Monkeys, I have to tell you this.  I can't remember if I posted this image here or not.  I think I did.  However, I just followed thelink posted by Wyks.  I found an entry where someone was talking about a clear plastic container with a blue lid.  Well, I got chills, because I have been seeing a similar image but solid blue.

Check out this container too, pic found in one of Terri's albums.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2010, 12:07:03 PM »

Was that container still on the porch when that reporter went to talk with Terri?  I guess it probably was, 'cause surely someone would have noticed it not there .  Or, maybe she moved it off the porch earlier, just planning in advance.   
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »

[quote Deenie]
If you type in the name " Kyron" in google search - You will find more on Terri than Kyron ..which is sad. But its true. 
[/quote]

This IS very sad!!  Several of us have begun to wonder how 'displaced' in his family Kyron may have been.  Many pics and situations 'seem to' either leave him out or push him to the background.  Am wondering if Kyron himself felt this way.  If so, doubly sad that even in his disappearance, seems that he is being overlooked by many. 

We won't forget about Kyron tho, not in here.  Am grateful that monkeys try to keep the focus on him.   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2010, 12:20:50 PM »

not sure if this was posted already,

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_desiree_y_1.html

She described "red flags," such as Kyron's increasing unhappiness with returning to his father and stepmother's Portland home after visiting his mother.

"He wanted to come live with us," she said. "Several times he would just break down and sob because he wanted to stay."

She said she's guilt-stricken that she wasn't there to protect him and that she missed the science fair – the last time anyone saw the Skyline second-grader.

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2010, 12:20:54 PM »

Wow, Wyks!  Wow!  Sad

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2010, 12:24:38 PM »

Was that container still on the porch when that reporter went to talk with Terri?  I guess it probably was, 'cause surely someone would have noticed it not there .  Or, maybe she moved it off the porch earlier, just planning in advance.   

We have people looking into it
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2010, 12:25:48 PM »

Wyks, that blue container on the porch looks even more like a coffin!   

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »

And before I say anything want to make it clear I'm not bashing Desiree. But if this is the situation, did you press Kyron more for info, do you know why he would cry and not want to go home? Was there an effort underway for Kyron to spend more time with Desiree? This is confusing for me, I've never been in this situation, but I know one thing, I would have fought for Kyron to stay with me, or at least be able to spend more time with me.  What a shame.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »

And before I say anything want to make it clear I'm not bashing Desiree. But if this is the situation, did you press Kyron more for info, do you know why he would cry and not want to go home? Was there an effort underway for Kyron to spend more time with Desiree? This is confusing for me, I've never been in this situation, but I know one thing, I would have fought for Kyron to stay with me, or at least be able to spend more time with me.  What a shame.
Hindsight is 20/20.  How could Desiree possibly have known Kyron's reaction was anything beyond that of a child sad to leave his mom if he didn't give any specific reasons otherwise.  Unfortunately, there are probably millions of children who go through the same thing when they visit the parent with whom they don't regularly reside.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2010, 01:03:23 PM »

Could he have just ran away because if wanted his Mom and he just didn't want to go home yo Teri & Kaine

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2010, 01:16:23 PM »

Hmmmm... Very interesting comments at this news site re Michael Cook.  This sounds like a legit poster, not one of the run-of-mill-whackos we've seen at another news site comment section.  At first reluctant to say more, did stay in there long enough to answer some questions from other posters. 

Mongoose101Abn:
 Michael Cook has a history of womanizing, affairs and addictions which ended his own marriage.Unfortunately this new development will affect his own young son from that marriage.He has already severely traumatized his son by taking him to the Horman house shortly after Kyron disappeared. While he was there he allowed his son to play with Kyron's toys and repeatedly told him that Kyron was going to return soon.

He will say or do anything to make himself look good including lying about having relations with Terri Horman. In short Michael Cook's word is not to be trusted under any circumstances.

It is becoming more and more apparent that there is a great deal going on here and much of it is unsavory at best and downright illegal at worst.

--------------

Mongoose101Abn
 I've known Michael and his ex-wife for several years, since prior to their marriage. I have watched their whole story unfold and seen the damage done to people who didn't deserve any of it happening.

I can only hope and pray that the Horman family has their son returned to them safe and sound. Beyond what I have already posted, I will have no further comment on Michael and Terri's alleged relationship or Michael's personal issues. I only pointed it out because I don't want people thinking he is completely blameless or somehow a victim in the investigator's need to find the guilty party or parties. And I want people to realize that there is more than one child at risk of harm in all of this sordid mess.

'''''''''''''''''

Mongoose101Abn
I do not know the Hormans,either of them. I don't have any information that would lead me to believe Michael would be involved in something like the disappearance of Kyron. While he has shown less than stellar judgment where his son was concerned in this matter, I don't believe Michael would knowingly hurt a child. His interest would be more inclined to be involved with the woman. His past history does cast some doubt on his claim that he did not have sex with her, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt since there apparently has not been any hard evidence presented to prove otherwise.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''

Mongoose101Abn
Given my personal knowledge of Michael Cook's character and lifestyle, I would say it is a reasonable assumption that he is involved with Terri Horman in some manner beyond friendly support.

'''''''''''''''''''''''

Mongoose101Abn
I am sure that Michael's son is in good hands.He will be well cared for and protected by his mother's family. He is a bright and happy young man and will continue to be given whatever he needs to help him through this difficult time. I am sure that everyone involved with Michael's son, Michael included, appreciates your well-wishes for the boy.

'''''''''''''''''''''

http://world-news.newsvine.com/_news/2010/07/12/4663773-court-doc-kaine-wants-terri-horman-held-in-contempt-accused-of-sexual-affair

Thanks for posting this. I would like to point out though, not too many people will ever say someone was capible of hurting a child.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »

Hindsight is 20/20. Just wondering what all Kyron may have said to Desiree is all.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2010, 01:39:32 PM »

Hindsight is 20/20.  How could Desiree possibly have known Kyron's reaction was anything beyond that of a child sad to leave his mom if he didn't give any specific reasons otherwise.  Unfortunately, there are probably millions of children who go through the same thing when they visit the parent with whom they don't regularly reside.

You are right about hindsight.  In this case with new little sister coming into the household, it is easy to understand why Kyron might have been feeling a little unwanted by his father and SM.  Desiree, on the other hand, had something many non-custodial parent do not -- a working relationship with her ex and her child's primary caregiver.  She seemed to believe that Kyron was safe within his dad's household, either that, or she had gotten so comfortable in her part time mom role, that she was not willing to take Kaine back to court to try to get the custody situation reversed. 

I feel sorry for Desiree -- the dread of not ever being able to say that final goodbye and "I love you" to your own child sends chills down my spine. Crying or Very sad

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »

Could he have just ran away because if wanted his Mom and he just didn't want to go home yo Teri & Kaine
I guess anything is possible. But if that is what he did, I would think Kyron would be found by now. But around that school and area, there sure is a lot to search.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2010, 01:54:39 PM »

Yowza!  That page of Kurtis' brother is scaaaaary stuff!  Kurtis' mother, the one who is over protective has a kid with a myspace page like that?  Seriously? 

In all fairness he is 22 so legally an adult.  He also has a baby girl with his girlfriend.
Yeah, I get that, but dayum, mom didn't do such a good job raising junior, imo.  Maybe that's why she's overprotective of Kurtis. 
Whats wrong with his page?  I am not able to view.....
He says he worships Satan.   
I saw all that which leaves me again with two interpretations. One he is young and is doing all this for attention, and the other is he is really into this. If he is into this, where does that go? What I'm asking, because I've never known anyone who worships Satan, what is a person like this capable of? Do they just worship, do they do rituals?
I know nothing at all about satan worshipping.  I'm not sure what kind of person has a picture up that says, "F*** the skull of Jesus".     It hurts for me to even type that.  Maybe it is attention seeking, I don't know. 
I can only say lets hope he is an attention seeker  Would like to know more about this guy.

I just had a ghastly thought (actually I've had it since last night). I wonder if that 22-year might have appeared to TH as seduce-able and susceptible. I hate even speculating like this but I'm doing it anyway. I wonder if she may have viewed him as a possible pawn/accomplice, using the friendship with the family and the fact that Kyron went to school with his brother to strike up a more personal 'friendship'. When it comes to hormones (aka sex) looks can play very little part. It's all personality and presentation.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2010, 01:56:09 PM »

I guess anything is possible. But if that is what he did, I would think Kyron would be found by now. But around that school and area, there sure is a lot to search.
But he was going to see his Mom that weekend. He looks like a timid little guy and has been described as such. Yanno, if an adult told him to do something, he probably would have done it, like at the school I am thinking. I don't know if he was a fearful little boy or if it was just his nature to be timid. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.