April 30, 2024, 08:57:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #6 7/13/10 - 7/17/10  (Read 249136 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #280 on: July 14, 2010, 05:49:31 PM »

Wkys you posted this picture of Kyron
I see it as a self portrait. If you look at the art, its Kyron's face. It shows his eyeglasses, he has button nose and little smile underneath. Then the t-shirt below. His little face " looks" invisible. Compared the the darker colors surrounding him. Maybe he only had " the colors" he had to make his painting. It is a very nice painting, Kyron is talented.  an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: July 14, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »

tnmomb:

Thank you for your heartfelt post. I am so sorry for what you had to endure.

Welcome to the cage, and I look forward to your posts and thoughts on this case!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #282 on: July 14, 2010, 05:56:20 PM »

Tracygirl you explained it well, I don't have step children, but I do believe that I would know the difference between regular crying to get their way, as opposed to sobbing and crying because they are scared and don't want to do something, but can't or won't express it verbally.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #283 on: July 14, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »

The more I see/read, the more I look at TH as another "Melissa Huckaby"/Sandra Cantu case. I dunno......perhaps it's just me and I am not getting the whole picture. This case has been hard to follow.

edit

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting such details of your life with us and trusting us as well. I am sorry to read about what happened to you as a child. I live by the saying, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. ((((hugs))))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:41:00 PM by klaasend » Logged
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: July 14, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »

Hindsight is 20/20. Just wondering what all Kyron may have said to Desiree is all.
I'm so sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude.  I would love to know that also, would imagine almost every adult in his life has spent hours looking back to come up with any signs they could have missed.  At this point, any solid fact other than Kyron is missing and he needs to be found would be appreciated. 
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #285 on: July 14, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »

Hello Monkeys. I am new to this site as far as posting, but have been reading your insights for some time now (before Kyron). You seem like a highly intelligent and sensitive group of people. This also seems like a safe board for exploration.

tnmomb thank you so much for sharing and welcome. Children usually have a reason for acting out like this, as you have proven. I am so happy that you have been able to come to terms with what has happened. I know that it can not be easy for you. Looking forward to some fresh ideas. Because this case surely has most of us stumped.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: July 14, 2010, 06:02:35 PM »

flutter1 said:
You are right about hindsight.  In this case with new little sister coming into the household, it is easy to understand why Kyron might have been feeling a little unwanted by his father and SM.  Desiree, on the other hand, had something many non-custodial parent do not -- a working relationship with her ex and her child's primary caregiver.  She seemed to believe that Kyron was safe within his dad's household, either that, or she had gotten so comfortable in her part time mom role, that she was not willing to take Kaine back to court to try to get the custody situation reversed.

I feel sorry for Desiree -- the dread of not ever being able to say that final goodbye and "I love you" to your own child sends chills down my spine. Crying or Very sad
It has to be pure hell.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2010, 06:03:45 PM »

I find it curious that they are publishing the cost of the investigation, just like I found it odd when the police chief mentioned costs in the press conference.  I realize everyone is working on a tight budget and money might be an issue.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/1/9/9/199c78c8-7ead-4068-9742-1ed4f0571aa5/Kyron_search_costs.pdf

Me too!!  Think about it.  LE revealed NOTHING in the press release regarding aspects aspects of the investigation except how much it is costing.

Think about the Caylee Marie Anthony case.  Almost immediately there were  transcripts and videos/audios of statements ... transcripts and audios of 911 calls as well as press releases which actually revealed where the investigation stood.

Janet

+++++++

Kyron Horman investigation: Transcript of interview with Sheriff Dan Staton
Published: Friday, July 02, 2010

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2010, 06:05:53 PM »

Snipped from the above article.

Desiree never tried to regain custody of Kyron, though she has maintained a close relationship with her son, caring for him every weekend or so with her new husband, Medford police Detective Tony Young.

Mainly, their relationship has consisted of exchanging kids. Once a month, they would converge at Shari's Restaurant in Springfield and do a swap, with James staying with Tarver and his new wife, and Kyron going with Desiree and her husband.

So which is it, once per month or every weekend or so? Considering Mom lifed 4 hours away, my guess is it is not every weekend.

Why did Desiree never fight for custody of Kyron, especially when Kyron was asking her if he could live with them? She was married, she had a job, her husband had a good job...I need to know what the reason for his is. Yes, I need to know because I want to know if I should be pissed off at this woman or feel she was a victim. I am not going to assume anything.

another thing, why didn't Kaine see the signs in his son that he was not happy at home? Did Kyron ever tell him he wasn't happy? He was a shy and timid child, is that because of abuse in the home?

I am so upset with what I am seeing..people blaming Desiree.

When you read this whole article you realize this is an interview with Tavner..James father ..He is say ing that to his knowledge Desriee had Kyron every weekend.  He is saying that James was a month child..that once a month they all met at a restaurant to exchange the children...not that Kyron was once a month...he clearly stated he wasn't..that he thought it was every week.

Desiree..how can you make this her problem..she has been a caring Mom. 

I really think that Terri was getting rid of the current men in her life..trying a hit on Kaine, removing JAMES (biological son), and then Kyron disappears.  Just to many men removed for my comfort..although she is feeling comforatable enough to post sexual pictures of herself to a friend of Kaine...

Yeah..she is a stand up Mom with no blemish on her record..other then trying to improve her lot by living with/marrying up the next guy.  MC should be glad LE IS INVOLVED HE OR HIS SON MIGHT HAVE BEEN NEXT.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »

Welcome, tnmomb!  I'm so sorry for what you suffered!  I wish you good things and good fortune for the rest of your life!  We are glad you have joined us.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2010, 06:13:47 PM »

I have no words at this point at the amount of disappointment I feel after reading Kyron would cry to his mother begging her to stay at their home. That tears me up inside and my heart and prayers go out to the little boy who this story is about.

Kyron, I am so sorry your pleas went ignored. I am so sorry it took 7 hours for anyone to notice you were missing. I am so sorry that it took this for you to know you matter as a person. There are so many people who have taken you into their hearts. You little boy are loved by so many people taken in by your big bright smile and beautiful blue eyes. We are all here until you are found again.

I agree ..in all this I am so sorry for Kyron.  But I do not think Desiree or his father should blame themselves.  There is a reaon the teacher marked Kyron absent..she may have hearing problems..but not sight.  Terri or someone gave her the impression that Kyron would not be ther for the rest of the day.  The teacher did see Kyron and Terri at school, she did see them in the classroom..so she would only mark him absent if Terri said they were leaving...that's my bottom line.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2010, 06:14:54 PM »

Gypsy - I agree with you. 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2010, 06:17:56 PM »

tnmomb
Thank you for sharing you words and your personal journey. Your post about behaviors and that Terri " fits" .. the abandonment issue. I wonder if she found Michael Cook, because he was there. That she chose him. Because of all the chaos swirling around, and her not being " in place" aiding to find Kyron. That she would have latched on to anyone for the reasons you stated. " Abandonment" She chose someone though who had access to Kaine. Kaine and he being " buddies" from childhood/school.

I am blown away at the behavior choices she had made in the last month. I find it too, as you said the actions of " reckless" and in her case beyond. Its almost as if, she is 17 again, and has no cognitive reasoning skills. That she is acting out, at present, not really in revenge but more so out of defiance.  I don't think she really cares what others think. I think some part of her is enjoying the attention she is receiving.  Like Melissa Huckaby, she kept inserting herself into the investigation of finding Sandra. Terri is doing the same thing " Inserting herself " in acting the way she is. She is taking the attention away from Kyron (him being missing) and she is creating diversions " Look at Me" ...and everyone is Looking at Her.

I do not feel that Terri is a diabolic mastermind. I am leaning towards she has a masters degree in manipulation. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2010, 06:18:46 PM »

Welcome, tnmomb, and thanks for sharing your experiences.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »

tnmomb

Welcome and HUGS, big hugs.

Also welcome to all new members that I might have missed.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: July 14, 2010, 06:20:51 PM »

Snipped from the above article.

Desiree never tried to regain custody of Kyron, though she has maintained a close relationship with her son, caring for him every weekend or so with her new husband, Medford police Detective Tony Young.

Mainly, their relationship has consisted of exchanging kids. Once a month, they would converge at Shari's Restaurant in Springfield and do a swap, with James staying with Tarver and his new wife, and Kyron going with Desiree and her husband.

So which is it, once per month or every weekend or so? Considering Mom lifed 4 hours away, my guess is it is not every weekend.

Why did Desiree never fight for custody of Kyron, especially when Kyron was asking her if he could live with them? She was married, she had a job, her husband had a good job...I need to know what the reason for his is. Yes, I need to know because I want to know if I should be pissed off at this woman or feel she was a victim. I am not going to assume anything.

another thing, why didn't Kaine see the signs in his son that he was not happy at home? Did Kyron ever tell him he wasn't happy? He was a shy and timid child, is that because of abuse in the home?

I am so upset with what I am seeing..people blaming Desiree.

When you read this whole article you realize this is an interview with Tavner..James father ..He is say ing that to his knowledge Desriee had Kyron every weekend.  He is saying that James was a month child..that once a month they all met at a restaurant to exchange the children...not that Kyron was once a month...he clearly stated he wasn't..that he thought it was every week.

Desiree..how can you make this her problem..she has been a caring Mom. 

I really think that Terri was getting rid of the current men in her life..trying a hit on Kaine, removing JAMES (biological son), and then Kyron disappears.  Just to many men removed for my comfort..although she is feeling comforatable enough to post sexual pictures of herself to a friend of Kaine...

Yeah..she is a stand up Mom with no blemish on her record..other then trying to improve her lot by living with/marrying up the next guy.  MC should be glad LE IS INVOLVED HE OR HIS SON MIGHT HAVE BEEN NEXT.

One more point, none of us would be any the wiser about Kyron's sad pleas to Desiree if it hadn't been for Desiree bringing it up. It was obviously the height of guilt and self-blame that she's already going through that caused her to make this public. I truly feel sorry for her and couldn't bear to add to her torment with blame no matter how sad I feel for poor little Kyron's plight.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: July 14, 2010, 06:21:07 PM »

I have no words at this point at the amount of disappointment I feel after reading Kyron would cry to his mother begging her to stay at their home. That tears me up inside and my heart and prayers go out to the little boy who this story is about.

Kyron, I am so sorry your pleas went ignored. I am so sorry it took 7 hours for anyone to notice you were missing. I am so sorry that it took this for you to know you matter as a person. There are so many people who have taken you into their hearts. You little boy are loved by so many people taken in by your big bright smile and beautiful blue eyes. We are all here until you are found again.

I agree ..in all this I am so sorry for Kyron.  But I do not think Desiree or his father should blame themselves.  There is a reaon the teacher marked Kyron absent..she may have hearing problems..but not sight.  Terri or someone gave her the impression that Kyron would not be ther for the rest of the day.  The teacher did see Kyron and Terri at school, she did see them in the classroom..so she would only mark him absent if Terri said they were leaving...that's my bottom line.

He cried to her to let him stay, to live with them, he would break down and cry. She sent him back.
This is Kyrons story, not Desiree, not Tony (who is a cop by the way) not kaines and not even Terri's. This is Kyrons story and for this little boy his pleas were not taken seriously. That to me is very sad and something that should never happen again to any child anywhere.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: July 14, 2010, 06:22:28 PM »

The media have never talked to Kyron's teacher have they?  Only LE?  I would like to know what his teacher said. 

Precious little boy...

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2010, 06:23:59 PM »

Hindsight is 20/20. Just wondering what all Kyron may have said to Desiree is all.
I'm so sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude.  I would love to know that also, would imagine almost every adult in his life has spent hours looking back to come up with any signs they could have missed.  At this point, any solid fact other than Kyron is missing and he needs to be found would be appreciated. 
I didn't think you were, just trying real hard to look at everything, and not jump to conclusions, and I'll be honest, I'm usually the first one to jump to conclusions, but for some reason I'm all over the place with this case. All of this is so sad and confusing. And there have been things in my life that I wish could do over when I saw signs of something wrong, but you just can't get it back and do over again unfortunately.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: July 14, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »

I never thought I would be an advocate for Terri and Kaine but ...

Desiree was the non-custodian parent.  In Kyron's eyes time spent at his mother's home was something akin to a holiday.  Terri and Kaine cared for Kyron the lion's share of the time where there were the good times but where ther were also expectations and ... discipline ... everything seven year old little boys hate.

It would be appreciated if one of our Monkey researchers would access the restraining order regarding custody that Desiree filed against Kaine at the time of their divorce?

I would also be appreciated if one of our Monkey researchers would access the records regarding the ruling that granted Kaine custody of Kyron?

It appears that WW was able to access these documents.

The following article implies that Desiree had custody of Kyron at the time of the divorce.  I could comprehend Kaine receiving temporary custody when Desiree's health issues at the time were considered but ... somewhere along the way Kaine was able to gain full custody.  WHY?  HOW?

Janet

+++++++

Troubled Family
What records show about Kyron Horman’s stepmom, dad and other relatives.
June 23rd, 2010

In the nearly three weeks since Kyron Horman disappeared, law enforcement officials, reporters and thousands of online commenters have focused their attention on the 7-year-old boy’s fractured family.

The Sunday Oregonian devoted its front page June 20 to a story detailing relations between the boy’s biological mother and stepfather, who live in Medford, and his father and stepmom, who lived with Kyron in Portland. The headline called them a “close, supportive group.”

But a WW review of dozens of court documents paints a very different portrait. These documents reveal a family that has at times been divided by rocky divorce, suspicion and—in the case of one uncle—sex abuse.

This side of the family’s history takes on new emphasis as the investigation into the boy’s June 4 disappearance from Skyline Elementary School drags on. As first reported June 17 on wweek.com, sources in law enforcement say investigators are increasingly focusing on the stepmom’s whereabouts the day Kyron vanished. She’s the last person known to have seen the boy.

When he disappeared, Kyron was living with his father, Kaine Horman, and stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman, at their $292,000 home off secluded Northwest Sheltered Nook Road. Kaine Horman is an Intel engineer who made $90,000 back in 2002, according to court records.

Terri Moulton Horman is a former bodybuilder and ex-teacher who last worked for the Hillsboro School District, state records show. The Oregonian reports she gave birth to Kaine Horman’s daughter, Kiara, in December 2008.

Kaine Horman had been married once before, to Kyron’s biological mother, who now goes by the name Desiree Young. Washington County Circuit Court records show Young was pregnant with Kyron, the couple’s only child, when she filed for divorce from Kaine in August 2002. She cited irreconcilable differences.

What hasn’t been made public is the fact that, a month after filing for divorce, Young sought a restraining order against Kaine Horman, Kyron’s dad.

At the time, she had a 7-year-old son from a previous marriage. In court documents, Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” It’s unclear whether the couple was living together at the time. Washington County Circuit Judge Donald Letourneau granted Young’s request, forbidding either her or Kaine Horman from taking the children without the other’s consent.

http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.