April 30, 2024, 05:33:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #6 7/13/10 - 7/17/10  (Read 249123 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #360 on: July 14, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »

thanks to the monkey for this link, small town type stories
http://srnpdx.org/

i know im late as usual
i think this is Avery mom, was in the Classifieds of 10-2009 issue
Lil Kid’s Soccer Program at Indoor Goals for kids 4-6.
Contact Kim at kholm
http://srnpdx.org/sites/default/files/RR1009_color.pdf

http://srnpdx.org/past-ridge-runner-newsletters

more from the skyline paper Neighborhood Response
http://srnpdx.org/kyron-horman
http://srnpdx.org/media

old site
http://www.skylineridgeneighbors.org/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #361 on: July 14, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »

http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/

A fisherwoman sighted a white pickup truck rolling something into the river just north of the SI (Sauvie Island) bridge the morning Kyron went missing and that tip was called into tipline although we don't know what sort of follow up they have done

Info given to the psychics by a local, when it was realized that one of the psychics has sensed a container moving in the water, which could have worked itself loose or something, and is now floating in the current.  They were trying to alert the tipline and the River Patrol tonight, and figure out a way to report this without saying the word 'psychic', so LE might actually take the tipster seriously.  Sigh. 

Guess it's something to keep in mind, just in case. 

UPDATE:

Last night, locals made the report above from the psychics.. they weren't too sure if LE and/or river patrol would take them seriously.  A local went out to the area today and watched for awhile.. saw Coast Guard pull up to the launch *at the exact area reported last night*. 

Realize that this is an area that Coast Guard 'normally' does not cruise thru, nor does river patrol go here unless a particular search is on. 

When asked, of course, they aren't going to admit what they are doing out there.  Just wanted to let you guys see the pic.. Am thinking we can safely assume they are taking last night's report very seriously, psychics or not. 

< hugs to LE/FBI/Coast Guard!! > 

Bring Kyron to safety! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #362 on: July 14, 2010, 08:56:34 PM »

Thanks Wyks
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: July 14, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »

I haven't caught up yet but one thing that comes to mind as I am reading is the fact that bio-Mom is suddenly speaking out about Kyron's pleads not to go back to TH and KH's home. Folks are wondering why bio-Mom didn't do something about it when Kyron was pleading with her etc... well, how do we know for a fact yet that she actually didn't do something about it?

Looking back ... Desiree concedes she has come to the the conclusion that Kyron's pleas to live with her was an indication that something was not right at home with his father and stepmother.

The recent talk show interviews only involve Desiree and Tony.  Where is Kaine?  How is he perceiving the implication of Desiree's words ... the implication that maybe he was behind Kyron's unhappiness or ... he failed to recognized that his son was at risk in Terri's care?

Janet

++++++

Kyron Horman's mother Desiree Young says boy's disappearance was 'very planned'
Published: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 6:03 AM
Updated: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 1:38 PM

Desiree Young said she overlooked warning signs from her son before he vanished.

She described "red flags," such as Kyron's increasing unhappiness with returning to his father and stepmother's Portland home after visiting his mother.

"He wanted to come live with us," she said. "Several times he would just break down and sob because he wanted to stay."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_desiree_y_1.html

Unless Desiree knows something that we nobodies just don't I am having a hard time buying what she is saying.

"Desiree "says" that Kyron's disappearance was 'very planned."
IMVHO if Desiree had any evidence to prove what she is saying then the person(s) she is accusing would be behind bars right now.

On the other hand if Desiree perhaps had some type of hidden information of some sort that has not yet been revealed, not even to LE, then it would appear more likely to be a true statement.

See my point?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #364 on: July 14, 2010, 09:07:09 PM »

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that it was said Kyron was shy, and quiet yet everything we see and hear about him shows the opposite?

And as far as Desiree and child custody, I am choosing to "not go there", that is a delicate situation between her and Kaine quite sure, we don't know "if' Tony and her had discussed it, don't know if she had spoken to a lawyer.  We just don't know, I am however not willing to give her a pass on not regaining custody of Kyron, or joint custody after she got better, I don't know why her parents didn't help her get custody.  However the bio father of James (TH son) said Desiree got Kyron every weekend.  Okay that is a lot and kudos to her, but I find it strange Kaine worked all week, Kyron went to school all week, anyone asked themselves how much Kaine was involved actively in the parenting of Kyron? 
KNOW it is not a popular stance, with that said I don't think I care for Kaine much, **(NOT talking about the rumors that is just stupid talk and nothing has even been 1/4 proven to be true) however I would really like to see RO she placed on Kaine, and would like to know why she was afraid he would take the children, when Kyron was "their" only child.  Think that would answer quite a few questions. 
Something about Kaine I can't quite get the words out, but after the latest documents on his and Terri's dirty laundry were made public, I wonder just how spiteful a person he might be.  I have tried to put myself in his position but keep coming up with one question how is that helping Kyron?  What if Terri is 100% guilty and they push so hard that she kills herself, where will the answers be then?  Six feet under....
As far as I can see Desiree has been upfront and admitting something like that to the world is wow, very much says to me look this is my pain, my fault, I should of listened.  I feel so very sorry for her. 
I also feel sorry for Kaine, please don't get me wrong I am not blaming him, just wonder how oblivious to his surroundings he was and what was actually going on in that house?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #365 on: July 14, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipag...levi-page-show

Discussing SM, nothing new,yet, rehashing events.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #366 on: July 14, 2010, 09:16:33 PM »

Looking back ... Desiree concedes she has come to the the conclusion that Kyron's pleas to live with her was an indication that something was not right at home with his father and stepmother.

The recent talk show interviews only involve Desiree and Tony.  Where is Kaine?  How is he perceiving the implication of Desiree's words ... the implication that maybe he was behind Kyron's unhappiness or ... he failed to recognized that his son was at risk in Terri's care?

Janet

Good questions, Janet.  

Am thinking that *perhaps* Desiree and Tony, even if temporarily, have seperated themselves from (what seems to me) the psychological warfare against Terri.... and focus on their own *possible* responsibilities in this situation.  Not saying that Desiree had anything to do with Kyron's having gone missing.  Am saying that there comes a point when we look inside our own selves and do an assessment.  This is a very honest thing to do, and very heartbreaking if we find an area *that could have* been handled differently.  

If this is what is going on with Desiree:
My heart goes out to her.  What she has admitted to, in front of the whole world, seems to be one of her worst fears, that perhaps there were clues she may have missed... This shows grace and integrity, etc.  I highly respect her for having done this.  

I believe it's VERY telling that Kaine was nowhere to be seen.  I can only hope that he gets his seeming need to destroy Terri publically, out of his system eventually... and can finally turn back to the high road that Desiree/Tony seems to have chosen.. and get frickin honest with his own self.  

All IMO <---- which I am allowed to have. I realize there are several in here who will likely want to jump my post and rip it to shreds.  Please do so with all deserving respect given and shown to any other monkey, and save the snarks, or that will be ignored by me.  Thanks.  

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:26:22 PM by klaasend » Logged

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: July 14, 2010, 09:17:42 PM »

http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/

A fisherwoman sighted a white pickup truck rolling something into the river just north of the SI (Sauvie Island) bridge the morning Kyron went missing and that tip was called into tipline although we don't know what sort of follow up they have done

Info given to the psychics by a local, when it was realized that one of the psychics has sensed a container moving in the water, which could have worked itself loose or something, and is now floating in the current.  They were trying to alert the tipline and the River Patrol tonight, and figure out a way to report this without saying the word 'psychic', so LE might actually take the tipster seriously.  Sigh. 

Guess it's something to keep in mind, just in case. 

UPDATE:

Last night, locals made the report above from the psychics.. they weren't too sure if LE and/or river patrol would take them seriously.  A local went out to the area today and watched for awhile.. saw Coast Guard pull up to the launch *at the exact area reported last night*. 

Realize that this is an area that Coast Guard 'normally' does not cruise thru, nor does river patrol go here unless a particular search is on. 

When asked, of course, they aren't going to admit what they are doing out there.  Just wanted to let you guys see the pic.. Am thinking we can safely assume they are taking last night's report very seriously, psychics or not. 

< hugs to LE/FBI/Coast Guard!! > 

Bring Kyron to safety! 

My heart goes out to those people doing searches. I agree Wyks BIG HUGE hugs too at that! If they really are out there searching for Kyron I do not believe they will find him there. My humble belief says that he is still alive.
And I have no shame in saying that I want with everything that I have in me for my humble belief to be correct.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #368 on: July 14, 2010, 09:19:06 PM »

<bangs head on keyboard>

Klaas
, would you post fix this typo??  

This in my above post
Am thinking that *perhaps* Desiree and Kaine

is meant to read
Desiree and Tony

thanx

Fixed
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:26:44 PM by klaasend » Logged

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: July 14, 2010, 09:19:54 PM »

So there was no saving this child? Not sure I can accept that. If his cries to his mother didn't work, then what should Kyron have done to try to save himself?

We already know from one of the first interviews with Kaine and Desiree that they said Kyron is timid and shy.. and as they both are..per their words.

So if you are a woman looking to advance herselkf financially and with physical surroundings..who better then Kaine.  Shy and timig himself..one son..shy and timid...looks like a salad to a sociopath.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: July 14, 2010, 09:24:30 PM »

Good questions, Janet. 

Am thinking that *perhaps* Desiree and Kaine, even if temporarily, have seperated themselves from (what seems to me) the psychological warfare against Terri.... and focus on their own *possible* responsibilities in this situation.  Not saying that Desiree had anything to do with Kyron's having gone missing.  Am saying that there comes a point when we look inside our own selves and do an assessment.  This is a very honest thing to do, and very heartbreaking if we find an area *that could have* been handled differently. 

the little word that gets big in bad situations, what IF, i had or i had or.....
been there twice, terrible feeling to second guess your self, after or during a bad situation/s
but was told it is normal response to the situation/s

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #371 on: July 14, 2010, 09:29:55 PM »

So there was no saving this child? Not sure I can accept that. If his cries to his mother didn't work, then what should Kyron have done to try to save himself?

We already know from one of the first interviews with Kaine and Desiree that they said Kyron is timid and shy.. and as they both are..per their words.

So if you are a woman looking to advance herselkf financially and with physical surroundings..who better then Kaine.  Shy and timig himself..one son..shy and timid...looks like a salad to a sociopath.

Please know I am aware you didn't answer my question.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: July 14, 2010, 09:32:46 PM »

I haven't caught up yet but one thing that comes to mind as I am reading is the fact that bio-Mom is suddenly speaking out about Kyron's pleads not to go back to TH and KH's home. Folks are wondering why bio-Mom didn't do something about it when Kyron was pleading with her etc... well, how do we know for a fact yet that she actually didn't do something about it?

The recent talk show interviews only involve Desiree and Tony.  Where is Kaine?  How is he perceiving the implication of Desiree's words ... the implication that maybe he was behind Kyron's unhappiness or ... he failed to recognized that his son was at risk in Terri's care?

Janet

++++++

Kyron Horman's mother Desiree Young says boy's disappearance was 'very planned'
Published: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 6:03 AM
Updated: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 1:38 PM

Desiree Young said she overlooked warning signs from her son before he vanished.

She described "red flags," such as Kyron's increasing unhappiness with returning to his father and stepmother's Portland home after visiting his mother.

"He wanted to come live with us," she said. "Several times he would just break down and sob because he wanted to stay."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_desiree_y_1.html

Desiree's recollections of "red flags" has been deeply influenced by the massive guilt in hindsight.  It is quite possible that Kyron did cry when he had to go back, but was it any worse than a child who is torn between two households?  My grandchildren have cried when their mother has left them with me, and I can assure you it is not because I caused them any harm or distress.  They just were, at various times, extremely attached to their mother.  On the other hand, I was abused as a child by my stepfather, and no one, not even my mother, was ever the wiser. 

It is easy to Monday morning quarterback what Desiree should have done, but whatever she did or did not do with respect to custody of Kyron, she is certainly not responsible for what has happened to him.

JMHO, as always.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #373 on: July 14, 2010, 09:32:59 PM »

It’s really hard for kids to make the transition from one house to another.
Kyron saw Terry every second weekend. He just gets comfortable and then he has to go back. And the weekends that they do see him are probably all centered around him.
Unless Desiree had something specific to go on, she would have a hard time getting the situation reversed. The courts don’t like to uproot a child for vague reasons. Terri was at home all day and Kyron had been there for a few years. Did she ever discuss this with Kaine or Terri ? Was she assured that everything was ok ? Did Desiree know that Terri was in a bad PPD after Kiara was born ? 

Another thought I had, is Kaine going to start talking about how crazy Terri was when he goes for a divorce or when she tries to get the RO overturned.  Then that’s on him for leaving Kyron in the care of this person. Terri going to the gym before the RO was served
was something normal. Kaine leaves, she doesn’t know where to or why , so she tries the gym. 
LE had the phone records, why did they give them to Kaine ? It had nothing to do with the search for Kyron. Kaine had already filed for a divorce. There seems to be some sort of a vindictiveness here on the part of LE. When they get her into court for the DIVORCE, they aren’t going to be able to question her about the days leading up to the disappearance, or the days following. 
Something smells so bad, I can smell it here. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #374 on: July 14, 2010, 09:36:48 PM »

Thank you Klaas!   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #375 on: July 14, 2010, 09:38:22 PM »

Thanks Wyks

You're welcome, Rosie!   an angelic monkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: July 14, 2010, 09:49:33 PM »

He doesn't look unhappy to me in these photos but of course, I didn't know him:

Feb 2010

April 2010

June 2010 - just a few days before he disappeared

Actually - he looks a little distant in this photo

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #377 on: July 14, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »

Ok folks so parents no longer are accountable for their childs safety. Gotcha ya. If all is well with Desiree not acting on her child's cries for help, then why even bother questioning Kaine or any other parent for that matter which chooses to keep the peace, look the other way, protect themselves rather then the child. To all of the parents or society for that matter, who witness or suspect abuse and decide perhaps you shouldn't do anything about it, your all good! Go about your day. Just make sure you say you are feeling guilty and all will be ok.

I think Desiree is suffering and I am just mean enough to say she deserves to be. She, as a mother had a responsibility to her child to protect him at any and all costs, she made a choice to not do that. She had a choice to make and granted it is not an easy one, but it quite possibly could have saved this child. That is all I care about. The adults can fend for themselves, as a 7 year old child he couldn't. I go on record saying I do not feel badly for either parent as they should have known better.

Kyron, I am sorry that your pleas went unanswered and you were not saved from a situation. I know you tried your hardest in your 7 year old little way you tried to get help. I am sorry we cannot find you. I am sorry the adults in your life didn't think of you first. Prayers to you sweet little boy. May God watch over you until you are found.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: July 14, 2010, 09:53:59 PM »

Ok folks so parents no longer are accountable for their childs safety. Gotcha ya. If all is well with Desiree not acting on her child's cries for help, then why even bother questioning Kaine or any other parent for that matter which chooses to keep the peace, look the other way, protect themselves rather then the child. To all of the parents or society for that matter, who witness or suspect abuse and decide perhaps you shouldn't do anything about it, your all good! Go about your day. Just make sure you say you are feeling guilty and all will be ok.

I think Desiree is suffering and I am just mean enough to say she deserves to be. She, as a mother had a responsibility to her child to protect him at any and all costs, she made a choice to not do that. She had a choice to make and granted it is not an easy one, but it quite possibly could have saved this child. That is all I care about. The adults can fend for themselves, as a 7 year old child he couldn't. I go on record saying I do not feel badly for either parent as they should have known better.

Kyron, I am sorry that your pleas went unanswered and you were not saved from a situation. I know you tried your hardest in your 7 year old little way you tried to get help. I am sorry we cannot find you. I am sorry the adults in your life didn't think of you first. Prayers to you sweet little boy. May God watch over you until you are found.   

Tracygirl - I don't know enough of the facts to place blame on the non-custodial parent yet.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: July 14, 2010, 09:55:40 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_update_kaine_seek.html

Kaine Horman seeks hearing to push Terri Moulton Horman from family home

Published: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 6:29 PM     Updated: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 6:54 PM
Maxine Bernstein, The Oregonian Maxine Bernstein, The Oregonian

Oregonian reporter Maxine Bernstein with the latest on the Kyron Horman case.

Kaine Horman, through his attorney, is seeking to push his wife out of their rural northwest Multnomah County home, possibly as soon as this weekend.

His attorney Laura Rackner told the court in a petition for an expedited hearing on the issue that Terri Moulton Horman will not contest the restraining order or filing of divorce papers, but has not said when she’ll move out of their home on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road.

(snipped)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.